March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losaru's Sim Stories Archive: Maria's Realty

LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
This thread is a collection of all my posts for "Maria's Realty", originally posted in the Happy Play Thread.
As for me, well, I actually made a new Sim. As I`m still stuck with building, I decided I needed someone to "help" me with budgeting my materials. So welcome Maria Stewart.
Maria3_zpslw1iksge.png

There's not much back story to her as she isn't a sim I use in my main games. Basically, she's studied business and wants to work in realty, helping sell and build houses for new homeowner sims. She was actually inspired by a thread that someone posted looking for a cute Bohemian home for their sim. We actually ended up building one too.

00.jpg

02.jpg

I think Maria turned out quite nice. And yes, she's already on the gallery.

Maria2_zpsilsvrlyk.png

Our first customer:

Harlow Vlorn and his daughter, Lacey

00.jpg

Some of you might know him from my family showcase a while back. In Maria's save, he called her up just after leaving Melissa. Obviously, as it was very impromptu, he doesn't have a lot of money, but also wants a place for Lacey and himself so they can feel safe and start anew.

Looking for:

- Place with two bedrooms and basic facilities
- Needs to be in a quiet neighbourhood, far from Oasis Springs
- Needs some means of music
- Must have comfortable beds
- Must have at least a teddy bear for Lacey

Budget: $10,000
Note that doesn't include cost of the land
So Maria and myself set out to the lot in Newcrest next to the empty Boho residence to start building.

01-27-16_6-40-06nbspPM_zpsknn3ta0w.png

We found that by literally cutting corners, we could save up a bit of extra money here and there.

01-27-16_6-50-30nbspPM_zpsitsi6sax.png

We even cut corners on the rooms. They're really small, but in Harlow's case, anything probably beats sleeping in a bed with his abusive ex-wife.

01-27-16_8-49-50nbspPM_zpsc2x6bqh3.png

If one thing Maria wants for her clients is for the appliances and furniture to be as reliable as they can be depending on budget. With the cut corners, we could get quite a few things including toys and an activity table for Lacey, and an updated stove from the YumCooker. Also, all houses Maria builds are required to have an alarm and sprinkler system for safety, especially in homes with children.

02.jpg

Maria calls up Harlow to tell him the good news.

01-27-16_11-38-11nbspPM_zpsfvhfeij7.png

"It's a bit small, but it should do you. You and Lacey should be safe for now while you live here."

01-27-16_11-37-35nbspPM_zps1ufsncvi.png

Harlow meets up with Maria to talk and thank her. They did hug, but I didn't catch it because of the freezing/lag bug. I repaired the game after this so hopefully the next customer won't have so much issue.

01-27-16_11-46-25nbspPM_zpsboy5qcin.png

The house is on the gallery if you want it. It's called Cosy Corner Cutter.

Customer #2:

Twiggy Caesar and her brother, Carlos

00.jpg

I don't think I have ever showcased this family (or maybe I did). Basically, they are the household I use for when I need to do a vanilla save test for bugs. Here, Twiggy wants to find a place with lots of land to do her gardening and allow her teenage brother to relax from the stress of their parents' divorce.

Looking for:

- Place with a lot of space
- Some place rural
- House itself doesn't have to be huge, but does need at least two bedrooms.
- A place for gardening
- An area for writing, thus meaning will also need a computer.
- Try to be semi-eco friendly

Budget: $20,000
Note that doesn't include cost of the land
Surprisingly a bit more of a challenge. Our budget is bigger, sure, but Twiggy is very much into the outdoors and wanting something semi-eco friendly means checking over specific items, some which may be expensive.

luMCuJM.png

We decided to go with this big lot next to Agave Adobe. I know we could have went with a bigger one, but Maria didn't want to be overwhelmed. We can only work with so much.

mTCvws8.png

Not exactly sure what to go with at first. We could have just made it the single house, but with Twiggy being outdoorsy, we wanted to be sure she got some fresh air and wasn't cooped up.

zioFqMF.png

We eventually decided to go with something a bit different: Have the bathroom in a separate building, similar to an outhouse. We also decided to make a sort of shed for Carlos so he could work on his writing and just to escape as he is also a bit of a geek.

5RBT0HT.png

We decided, much like her brother's 'shed', that we would give Twiggy her garden space by making a large fenced area.

6WIv8o4.png

And this was the final result. We called it Sunny Side-Out.

02.jpg

As asked, it has two rooms although small with a basic kitchen and a sitting area with a bookshelf. Yes we went with the basic appliances, but it doesn't matter too much as Twiggy's place also has a cooler and campfire! We also put the dining table outdoors. Should a seasons pack get released, this could be modified. The best thing about this lot is most of the stuff is either semi-eco friendly, reclaimed/recycled, or just natural all around. We made sure to get as much as we could out of this budget.

o21OTUE.png

As it was night, I didn't want to send Maria out right away to find another client so she decided to 'test' the lot. Oddly, instead of going to the fridge, she went right to the cooler for yogurt.

fcRh7nt.png

She decided then to test out the fire and, stun-like, burnt her arm. She's a realtor/contractor, not a girl scout so we'll cut her some slack.

11LbUme.png

After a brief moment of reading, she tested the computer out for a bit. We didn't get the all in one power PC, but this one should do the trick.

m8lP83P.png

Helllooo Bella Goth. :kissing:

qFzivqL.png

Of course, we had to test out the bed. It's made from reclaimed barn wood.

1aXh0TD.png

Next morning, cooler cereal.

aBm3vYE.png

Eheh...eheh...no Don. She ain't interested. And no, she's not a scone either. Move along

p8F0nhp.png

The happiest "I gotta pee so bad firefighters would look on in awe* face ever.

k8fXE5F.png

Finally, we called Twiggy to tell her the place was ready.

zyTV57Q.png

They had a rough start but eventually Maria was able to get through her to show her excitement about the place.

W6Y4BBC.png

"It's cool, lady. Although you kinda look like my grandmother in that get up. Loosen up a bit sometime, yeah?"

Lv2kJgo.png

Eliza Pancakes walking home sad for some reason.

hcwRfLC.png

And finally, Carlos showed up to show his gratitude as well.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
Post edited by LosaruTaiyo on

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Customer #3

Ava Abaven and her daughter Lexie (AKA A Human Glitch?)

jWzJQtG.png

Now here's something interesting: Ava as human. As suggested about going with a single parent, I didn't want to go with Lucy and her kids as I usually do. Instead I went with Ava, although now having become a sim. Who knew she was actually a blonde (I checked with genetics)? Also Err, her daughter, is actually named Lexie (Randomized name). Story-wise, Ava has left her AI and immortality behind (Hinted with her arm tattoo having gone black), with Lexie having been remade in CAS as she becomes a sim by default and is now looking for a place to live. Unlike Harlow, she does have some more expendable income so building will be a bit easier.

Looking For
    - A place close to a playground or park
    - Must have at least three bedrooms
    - Must have a study.
    - Must have a workshop for crafting.
    - An activity table for Lexie

Budget: $50,000
    Higher budget but a bit more of a challenge for location. In this case, we didn't build in Newcrest, but rather in Oasis Springs because, compared to Willow Creek, it had a much better playground/park area.

BRcIFjx.png

We decided to go with this lot close to the park. Obviously, this house just won't do so we had it demolished and will put the money towards a public build in the future. Note to self: Keep track of funds.

VGvIWcC.png

I wasn't sure what to go with at first, although I did know that we would go with something with more than one floor as we had more money to work with and there was quite a bit requested.

OhzcjEc.png

This was our final result: Sandy Dune Oasis (Original name right?....lol)

0NEv4yd.png

Ava requested three bedrooms instead of the usual 2 that others had requested. I'm wondering if she was hinting at something? Not sure. I don't play her so.

7Dycciw.png

The downstairs with study as requested. Ava, like Maria, is a genius so needs somewhere to study and work to increase her mental skills.

TfPHGPx.png

Living in Oasis Springs, I figured it might be good to have a pool, especially since we had the extra money that we could do so.

IltQQ9R.png

And Ava's workshop. She's a renaissance sim so, like Emma from my Main Save, she will also need something to work her handy skills.

JUyWXtu.png

This was another "we built in the night so let's test the house" sort of deals. Yup. Computer's workin' fine.

jBmcTWu.png

The first thing Maria ever 'cooked' in her life. She cut herself a bit but at least she didn't sneeze in the salad.

7GchGRJ.png

I keep forgetting how busy Oasis Springs is compared to a lot of places. I actually found Twiggy walking out and about as she passed this girl that's a member of the Paragons I think.

rZ2SVwk.png

The scowl says, "Like, what a hipster."

qvfppKB.png

Sergio looking dumbfounded as if he's thinking, "Wow! What a hipster!" Get that cloth from your pocket, bub. You're droolin' on the pavement.

FI1ijth.png

Hellllooo Bella Goth.

f6t2ErH.png

No, we didn't sleep in Ava's bed, but we did test out watching TV from the bed. As it is with Maria, she turned on the cooking channel to increase her skills.

QhISsvt.png

Maria actually slept in the guest bedroom

So last time,we built a house for Ava and Lexie and then tested it out. This morning, before we could even go for coffee, we were suddenly greeted with the welcome wagon. I was sure that was bugged or something.

wFelyg0.png

Woman loves her yogurt.

eIg8XIr.png

Okay. This has got to be the funniest scene I have had yet: Maria gets out of the shower just as the welcome wagon comes and then we get a text from a kid she's never met asking if she wants to join a club of rebels. Kid, she's old enough to be your mom and....ooohhh...right...Sorry kid. Still, no.

a4xgb10.png

And it turns out the neighbour is Johnny Zest. I could think of worse people to have over. Maria invites him in anyways, although explaining her actual purpose in the house.

8xjcpft.png

The two start talking and Johnny gets an interest in Maria's work, requesting if she also does renovations and makeovers. She seems really excited.

yZMD9BI.png

"Now it may cost a bit, but I'll check out the place when I can, okay?"

JLR60wg.png

It was around lunch and the welcome wagon was still going on so I had Maria fix grilled cheese sandwiches for her and Johnny.

U2jwhbu.png

"What the heck am I doing?!"

p9dKD3Y.png

Johnny's a nice guy, although a bit of a goofball. He turned out to be the friendliest person to Maria yet.

C2Md1uz.png

As if on cue, Miss Landgraab shows up all angry. Maybe she heard the rumours about the Landgraabs and Johnny Zest? :open_mouth:

tSptgDJ.png

Johnny explains the situation, which seems to shock Maria. Definitely know our next customer. After Johnny left, we went for the daily coffee.

QdeBCK8.png

Yeah Bob. From what I've heard, I don't blame you sizing up Maria. Either or you're so hungry you're sizing her up like a scone. Don't you go pulling creepy Don Lothario on me, Mr. Pancakes. I actually like you.

o0V7RP3.png

We call up Ava to tell her the house is ready.

ldFJk2s.png

These are definitely modern sims. When we go to visit, Ava is already in her study on the computer playing Blic-Bloc. Can we have this as an actual game?...lol. Yeah, yeah I know. It's just Tetris for Sims.

GUU8Og7.png

Maria gets to also meet Lexie who joined her and Ava in the study.

nsIP7SF.png

"Maybe you should be careful, Miss Stewart, or I'll tell Mommy that I found Grilled Cheese in the fridge."
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So I had Maria move back to Bitty Boho for now as it was late and I wanted her a place to sleep that wasn't someone else's house that we were building. In the case of our next customer though, it's just renovations.

Customer #4: Johnny Zest

RrpAbnK.png

For this story, Johnny saw Maria's work on Ava's place and asked her to see about some renovations to his trailer.

Looking for:
    - Just renovations. No adding or subtracting from the building itself.
    - Landscaping is allowed
    - More color
    - Keep the flamingo

Budget: $15,000
    zYbHPUz.png

Before we work on Johnny's place, we had to get rest for the night. Before that though, Maria decided she wanted to read a book.

VV5xSxJ.png

And then decided that reading outside might be nicer.

L73M73p.png

The next morning we had the welcome wagon...right when Maria was showering. As there is only one neighbour in Newcrest, it was obviously Harlow. I may move her to the future business district so we can avoid future welcome wagons. If I keep moving her back and forth, I don't need Harlow coming over each time.

JjFEW1s.png

No need to try and call her, she'll be out in a bit. Do you seriously want to see her naked?....Uh...Don't answer that.

uXJFROT.png

She showed him some pics of her latest work.

8PZfkDe.png

This is our mailman? O-o

iiOZJlI.png

They eventually moved over to the living room to chat, the welcome wagon visit still going on. Oddly enough, neither Johnny or Harlow brought fruit cake. Then again, I still got Sakura over in Main Save with that bug so maybe it's not a bad thing.

fThnzHx.png

I gave Maria the "Always Welcome" trait as she had accumulated a lot of points from our building contracts. I guess it affects her reaction to other people too as Harlow just went into our fridge and grabbed the last grilled cheese.

phHtw34.png

I know the visit is over, Harlow, but you should know better than to leave it on the floor. There's a free table over there in the kitchen.

BXVvEcC.png

After the visit, we went to see Johnny and his trailer.

QPp7j1w.png

He was actually outside on his tablet reading something. He was really focused.

FfHb1wG.png

Aw! This Johnny Zest actually became an entertainer!! If you read his backstory, he actually wanted to become a comedian, Johnny Zest being a stage name after the Landgraabs kicked him out. Poor guy.

Y10tFT1.png

Maria steps in and ooohhh....I think we know why he needs a renovation. I know it's a trailer, but good mighty it needs a unicorn to fart some rainbows on it. Or at least colors other than storm grey and sick sea blue. We can work something with this red and gold though.

lNomDiI.png

Maria shows Johnny her ideas for the place.

Vpb2yRX.png

"Ah-ah! You leave it to me! Once we're finished, it'll be a whole new place!"

Now then, time to make the Johnny Zest's trailer from Drab Flab into Dab Fab! First things to go! The mod pod sleeper bed and the...ugh...level 1 appliances. With $15,000. We can do so much better.

ipvsWB1.png

I will say now that I did this a bit different. I didn't have Maria and Johnny move around, as I didn't want Johnny to lose his job if he ended up being played. Instead I just built, manually calculating the funds on my phone.

1pjQ1lp.png

Sprinklers are a must. Actually found out they're supposed to go on the outside wall, not inside.

eznuAWN.png

Even if the colors are brown and yellow or gold, they can add so much to a room!

xwv2DVB.png

With the extra money from the renovations, we added a pool! When living in the desert, you need some means of cooling off, and sometimes other than air conditioning.

t2pzYh5.png

I know it doesn't look like much, but this is a lot more pop than before. That and Johnny even has more sitting space for guests. I tried four chairs to a table, but it made everything look crowded.

axOWaqF.png

I sent Maria home to get some food. She made excellent mac & cheese and this is only her second time cooking!

wDVLrTG.png

Well can't say that your folks aren't making you work, Malcolm. But man I wanna slap that snooty look off your face!

t8fqFtX.png

Figured Maria should try this movie thing. We watched that "Diamonds Are Forever" or something one. She chose it, not me.

p81kPq6.png

She was crying in this shot, although at what part I have no idea. I didn't declare it her fav. I may watch others and see her reactions. Would be nice if they could kinda do this autonomously.

ZhCVkNF.png

And while she watched her movie, I got distracted by Twiggy fishing in the pond across the road.

pZ6wArW.png

Then we went to the cafe as usual. The glasses are just for show, Mr. Landgraab?

b1VTX4o.png

Maria was talking to Harlow when this happened. Whoops!

fbfFtT8.png

So after the cafe I figured sending Maria over to Johnny's place to see what he thought of it. To our surprise, he was already at the cafe! So we found him and chatted. "Yeah it ain't bad. Thanksa bunch!"

V7x2xFb.png

Awkward... :cold_sweat:

49vl3G1.png

"Yeah, yeah. Don't mind her. If she wants her place done up, she can pay for it."

4nwV5Ww.png

And then the two hug. Aw. what an ending.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So I decided to give Maria a break and we went out on the town so she could meet more people and, heck, maybe meet someone for more than to build a house. Hint hint?...lol

First though, we hit up the library so Maria could have some mental stimulation.

L5HryFU.png

I had Maria take up a book on Logic so she could have a new skill to develop. I was considering the violin, but I really don't see her playing an instrument.

O053UlR.png

I saw this old guy and that Max kid fighting. I found out that the old guy is actually his dad. Oh my. No wonder he looks like he could eat one's soul.

FW6tcnL.png

Hellooo Bella Goth

OzhISgs.png

Finally after some food and shower, we hit the bars. At the first one, Don Lothario was actually working.

nTHkSwn.png

Apparently it was Knight Night. As one can suspect, Mortimer Goth had a costume. Swears that guy was probably some geeky cosplayer back in the day. It's kinda awesome.

Y0c2mQG.png

Other knights arrived as well including this one, Nancy Landgraab, who was apparently sad.

QpqcHJQ.png

"Mr. Goth, I have no interest in you. Please stop trying to flirt with me."

CeRPjXu.png

We eventually went to the cafe for food and coffee, Maria chatting up this nice girl, the one that gave Twiggy the glare one time.

hhiTJKz.png

With the confidence of America Coffee, we were ready to try another bar! Allons-y!

GgEngdF.png

Took me a moment to figure out who this was but looking closer, it's Twiggy!! Seems she decided to get a job working at the bar.

kYq8Ue2.png

The only other person that was here was Ava. While she's a really nice lady, I really don't see Maria hitting it off.

LdyohJ5.png

What is it with everyone around Maria getting flirty?!

cJwnML5.png

Maria eventually clunked out like any sim out on the town.

UYiRVp0.png

With early morning coming up, Maria actually ordered a drink and chips all autonomously! Usually you need to force a sim to do both!

TGy1bzc.png

Eh...Spoke too soon.

Dnr1Hvt.png

There we go.

And now, back to the adventures of Maria Stewart, Realtor/Contractor and apparently, flirt coercer?
    This time, Maria was tense again so I figured, why not check out that giant mansion, Von Haunt, in Windenburg.

ZDtT0J7.png

It's a nice spread I must say.

9YgRQG2.png

I sent Maria to go read the plaque and...uhh...Maria...That dresser thing is...floating. o-o

SRNfVJq.png

Lady Shallot (?) was flirty too. Dang it Maria!

ZnXepva.png

Hellooo Bella Goth. Hey she keeps showing up.

4tEniSC.png

Maria was soon talking with Miss Ghost and this guy.

fwZWuK4.png

Maria ran off to the bathroom and...Gah! Mr. Landgraab!

bYzihF0.png

I think she was justified to telling him off.

VRY2Bw1.png

As we were freaked out by the ghosts and still embarrassed, I sent Maria to the pool. Either he works here or Marcus just wanted to go swimming.

pJM0jDD.png

She was quite enjoying it.

Stcf0Yq.png

Then I saw this missus in the shower...messing with it.

n7OeaMZ.png

In fact we had stumbled upon a meeting of the Renegades.

P6orVzi.png

Who cares if they're infamous, Maria. You're an adult woman, tell them off!

4YLXRYx.png

We find out the redhead, Fyres I think?, is Good. What? Yeah I don't get it either Maria.

118Z2T0.png

So after that mess, I sent Maria home to relax and get a nice steamy shower to try and hit up the lounge scene. I think Maria was tired of young adults and teenagers. And the first thing Maria did was try a flirty introduction with the guy playing the guitar. And it was autonomous too. I only made her flirty to see what she would do. His name is Peter Roco.

M9CX2R9.png

She even stayed around during his comedy bits, although I like to think the poor guy was trying to sing and confused as to why everyone was laughing.

KdrjPxJ.png

After the show, Maria sat down and chatted with Peter, along with Harlow, Mortimer Goth, and Ava. And believe me, you don't wanna see what Ava's wearing. Let's just say I missed an outfit when converting her over to human and it does not work with her human form.

HUw9geS.png

Thank the mighty she changed into her other party gear after.

2cxmTf9.png

And at the end of it all, I sent Maria to the library to practice her chess skills. We had the whole thing to ourselves.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As for Maria over here, well, we do have another possible build and the task of finding a nice suitor.
    We start first with a movie. As usual, I let Maria choose. I'm sure we'll find one she prefers.

1OAs6Mk.png

A horror flick? Okay...

T2OFvuQ.png

While Maria watches her movie, I decided to look around. I found Joaquin (Spelling?) Le Chien fishing. What is with this pond?

X27eUP4.png

Hellooo Bella Goth. We'll actually be coming around your place later.

1VvC6OM.png

Dancing zombies? Are we watching a Llyod Kaufman film?

dlSUddX.png

Just after the movie, Maria gets a call from Mortimer Goth, wanting to meet her for a very important proposal.

Zr7dsAf.png

We go to his place, it even said he was home, but we didn't find him. And yes, I searched this pic. If he is there, it's like playing a game of Where's Waldo?

9wcvvtK.png

As he wasn't home, we went out to the cafe and...Don stop being creepy!!! :s

NAitWaY.png

This is how restraining orders start, Donny.
    Stop. being. creepy!

6SqXRca.png

We soon went to the library, Maria taking up a book to read, which she actually almost finished!

Ana1POa.png

She eventually found Peter Roso at the computer. Dude, really? You're dressing like my grampa. At least you got a nice suit for work.

TZqc0HS.png

Maria tried to converse, but he didn't seem interested. Yeah I'd be mipped too, Maria.
    "Are you even listening?"

EM98p0P.png

After Peter left, Maria actually went autonomously to write some jokes. Guess Peter was a bit of an influence. She has found, however, she
    is not exactly a comedian.

And now back to Maria's Search for her next client, Mr. Goth.

So after the library it was starting to become evening so we hit up the usual haunts. First up, the lounge.

HLg6DzC.png

Okay, Marcus. I know you're into exercise and whatnot, but good mighty you're adorable with those glasses. You sure you're not a geek?

mFfNoDg.png

Peter entertaining as usual and Liberty Lee dancing while looking like she was dressed by Steve Urkel.

NESsWQ5.png

And she was still dancing...

U6ZFMcF.png

And even when Peter was finished on guitar, she kept dancing. Okay Maria let's try thebar.

czCHYQf.png

Twiggy was on again and I swears Mr. Looney Bin is always here.

FKsnRzV.png

It was guys night so no surprise Mr. Landgraab showed up for the cheap drinks. As revenge for catching Maria with her pants down, we tried the joybuzzer. Unfortunately, as said before, she's not a comedian so...

i9r8xVo.png

After the shock, Maria decided to try and make amends with Mr. Landgraab. The two are all that friendly, but she doesn't want to chew him out.

9Itn3m9.png

The next day, we tried the Goths again and OMG we found Waldo....I mean Mortimer. Yes he was eating cereal, yes Maria had to pee.

vY0ysb3.png

Maria sits to talk to him.
    "So what did you want to discuss with me?"
    "Follow me."

FpZxUa6.png

"See these candles? This style?"
    Mr. Goth explains that he wants to build a Victorian style public library and says he will give us a budget of $150,000 to build it.

0qVV5qh.png

"M...Mr. Goth, that is incredible. I'm sure we can build something great with that much!"
    It also mean a big amount for Maria's work too.

rRVbmKP.png

Late again, back to the lounge and...whoa what's wrong with you, Peter?

fxs4ktK.png

And then he chews out Maria! What the heck man!?

T5iSUhc.png

Needless to say, Maria was not impressed,giving Mr. Grouch a good glare.

jxXODLk.png

Mortimer Goth was there and the two chatted.

VkNXy46.png

"He insulted a fine lady like you? Well then that is not fair at all."

mXKSLkA.png

Mortimer appeared to have a few choice words to the man that chewed out his new friend.

njIcQjr.png

"You sir, have made enemies with the wrong person."
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And if anyone has wondered where the heck Maria and I have been today and yesterday, we were busy with Mortimer Goth's build request. I give you: Tranquil Public Library.

00.jpg

02.jpg

Looking for
    - Victorian Style
    - Lots of Flowers
    - Candles
    - Statues
    - Paintings

Budget$150,000
    Total Cost: $143, 313
    Story goes that this library originally burned down, Mortimer Goth wanting to rebuild it after 100+ years as he acquired all the old surviving antiques from it.

WaL6Zka.png

We seriously had no idea what we were going start with.

JNkjs2x.png

Finally we started over and went with a shape a bit closer to the final result.

aDvS3ap.png

Once we set it as a library, Maria went back to check it out and holy sweet mighty the librarian is actually at the desk set for him.

DvypigE.png

Although it looks like he's just browsing the web. Then again, actually working said job, you do get those hours where there's nothing else to do but google your name. Not often, but once in a while.

MyUtORy.png

Bob, the book is not food.

S7UVTIw.png

Yes Maria, I'd be proud of this too.

eOSL3tq.png

We called Mortimer to invite him over to see the library, although apparently he was busy.

IOV6jbs.png

So we played chess instead.

ot57sfN.png

Attempting to visit him said he was at the lounge. Of course, he was not there. Peter was entertaining with another lady. This pic is actually kinda cool.

2jn6vya.png

Maria ordered a drink, probably from the frustration of trying to find Mortimer "Waldo" Goth.

Cve0gnJ.png

We finally went to his place and...seriously Mr. Goth? Just when she went to the door? Maria, he's over here.

36bstmp.png

She told Waldo about the library.

VrQDZKX.png

He was quite excited.

8S9Fvgn.png

Player! I need to pee!!

nXwOARL.png

And thank the mighty they had one upstairs as Mr. Goth had claimed the downstairs one.

GsrHJe5.png

Alexander, I know your family is a bit different, but I'm quite sure your parents would want you out of their room!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Back to Maria. As said, we're taking a break from building for a bit to get Maria working on her skills and relationships.

hUqD7Lg.png

And lo and behold! An invite to a dance party at The Bluffs from Harlow. Plum yeah!

7FX9pzR.png

She was quite happy to have been invited.

Ek9QFTe.png

Hellooo Bella Goth. Hey I'll stop the running gag when she stops showing up everywhere.

lYRGUd2.png

Mr. Landgraab you're kinda reminding me of that uncle that only has one dress shirt and wears it everywhere. Either that or you remind me of Ned Flanders.

mb4ibHy.png

Apparently Landgraab is trying to do this 'hip' thing all the younger 'kids' are doing. Here's hoping it doesn't actually 'break' an actual hip.

jG7Zs5P.png

Uhh....Why are you looking like that?

OgZkOLX.png

So apparently, like in real-life, you get the right music and your sims will change mood. As well as it changes the dance. Maria looks so cute!

pDzWuTe.png

So as she was flirty we decided to take advantage of this and compliment Harlow on his appearance. Am I the only one that saves before these moments? I'd just hate Maria to be snubbed....lol. That's just me of course.

Ep9z5QK.png

I guess Harlow was thinking something because it looks like here he's a bit jealous or worried about her talking to "walkin the dog." He doesn't have the jealous trait, don't worry.

KAjB5Jv.png

Eventually Maria inhaled a bit too much of that 'fog' and got a bit buzzed. And like anyone buzzed, right into the bush we go. Wooo!

DsmxHKj.png

Still buzzed? Sugar cookie munches! Originally they were supposed to be for Harlow during a visit but he wasn't home so she brought them with her.

sLrtCU7.png

Oh boy. Maria is out of it. Time to head back home, girl.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And hey, tis next post so here's our PUB CRAWL! Okay more like Pub Walk, but hey, she had fun.
    How to start your Pub Crawl: Maria Style.

G3vwzyP.png

Step 1: Take a flirty shower and get dressed up for the night. It is preferred that your sim has watched some romantic TV as well, but it is not totally need.

NAe2h2O.png

Step 2: Avoid sketchy bartenders. Nope! Nope! I remember the last look he gave. C'mon Maria. We're going to the Shrieking Llama!

Xgdy5S9.png

Step 3: Realize that bartenders work in shifts. Twiggy must work later in the night. Also, who brings coffee to a pub?

CpVH7Os.png

Step 4: Chat up people while you drink up. Once Bob Pancakes makes you hungry from chatting, hit up another pub.

yaWhM1D.png

Step 5: Accept that Don Lothario always...Twiggy why are you washing your dishes in the sink back there? You're at a pub and you're not working. Let Mr. Potential Restraining Order do that.

urJJjeH.png

Step 6: Question your past clientele's company. Twiggy I know you're single and got a teen brother at home, but this guy don't look like your type, girl. Ah well. Ya never know.

5oHfoPf.png

Step 7: Order food and juice together. While it's said food helps absorb anything from the juice, some consider it a myth.

Nlj2X8A.png

Step 8: Join in on conversations to make things interesting. Don't forget to bring your food and drink.

jwKDbrC.png

Step 9: Accept that you tend to have an aura around people. AKA Maria makes every flirty!

vsNPbRC.png

Step 10: When the bars are done, try other spots such as the lounge. Not often we see you two out together, Mr. and Mrs. Landgraab.

cUe26FT.png

Step 11: Listen and enjoy some music. Seems Peter was to be on later. Who wears these clothes to work though? Maybe she's a country singer?

E2A0iIr.png

Step 12: Chat up potential business just as your potential crush appears. Hi Harlow.

"Miss Stewart, I'm over here wanting to discuss a possible build."

"Ahh...yes Mr. Landgraab. I'll call you. Excuse me"

bh8qML0.png

Step 13: Compliment and try to make your friend/potential crush feel better when you realize they're tense for some reason. Bad time at the llama game, Harlow?

tvklq55.png

Step 14: Insert running gag. Say it with me. "Hellooo Bella Goth."

2689yet.png

Step 15: Hug your good friend/potential crush before you head off into the night after chatting them up.

6mvPiOQ.png

Step 16: Walk home plum tired with the widest, silliest grin on your face after one awesome night.
    And that's how you do a Pub Crawl: Maria Edition.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And now that I'm back home from work, I can get back to Maria cause she had quite a few things happen.

y9zYrjR.png

First off was visiting Mr. and Mrs. Landgraab to discuss a possible build deal.

16H62Uy.png

Mr. Landgraab wasn't home so we went to chat with Mrs. Landgraab.
    "So I was wondering Mrs. Landgraab..."
    "Hold on! I'm telling off this person on the internet. 'Simder's director knows nothing about comedy. Movie sucked. 1/10. How can you defend that trash?"

NTyQoSl.png

"Now what were you saying?"
    That look pretty much is the equivalent to the proverbial facepalm.

guFqCt3.png

Maria shows her some pictures of her past work and explains her job.

c2u7xqq.png

I sense a disturbance in the force. As if two women were talking about me, and then went silent. But why?

WUEbKqP.png

Talking with Landgraab, we finally learn that he wants to build a playground/park area in Newcrest. An odd request as we usually work buildings, but hey, whatever works. And they do have the money. Ohhh booy.

JXMutrU.png

8zfFYqF.png

That evening, I took Maria out shopping for a bit and yes, that is @Simslover163 's sims Blake and Mason (Sorry if I messed up the names. XP) working the shops in Magnolia Promenade. I still find it comical that they both decided to work at the same thing.

tq2UVr4.png

Maria got excited for a new track suit. I do take her out exercising once in a while.

FBpcTiR.png

The World's Saddest Chair!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And now seems a good a time as any for more of my latest screenshots. As promised, Love!...Aliens and new house may need to be in a third post.

Rrbove3.png

As Maria needed a bigger house for her latest aspiration (which will help majorly in the future for build supplies), I planned on moving her out. We decided to visit Harlow, her friend/potential crush/neighbour to just talk and the like before we started the big move.

rk3if0k.png

I figured before anything, the two should at least be best friends. Although from the screenshot, it looks like they accidentally ran into each other and did a comedic splat. :D

R6RY5mK.png

Then the most magical thing happened: They autonomously embraced and the lil pink bar showed up!! I sadly missed the embrace, but I was so excited!!!

VILX6Q2.png

Seems Maria was too.

zOfM7sI.png

Now that Maria has started to crush on Harlow, I figured it was a perfect time to take up an instrument, since he is a music lover. I don't see Maria really playing guitar so violin might work....We're gonna need to work on that.

G7D3zdh.png

Later that day, Maria went to visit Harlow again, this time with Lacey around as it was a Saturday.

QlfoLug.png

Hellooo Bella Goth.
    I'm starting to think she knows she has become a running gag.

FCDnpc3.png

I had them take a pic for Maria's wall, hoping to get Lacey in the shot. Too bad on the latter, but man they're adorable!

eihKybQ.png

And this is why I'm not allowed to initiate romantic interactions anymore when it comes to Maria. I decided to see if they would embrace, but Harlow backed off, which made them both embarrassed. I'm thinking maybe because Lacey was around. I'm sorry you two!

tKPoftM.png

Again, remind me I'm never allowed to mingle in her plans of courtship!

fWScYch.png

And yeah. This is where we ended up. Don't worry, Maria. We'll head out to the bar next time, make some friends, and eventually get a bigger house.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Speaking of Aliens and yes, this will be the final post for tonight, after Maria had that rough moment with Harlow, we went out to the bar one night to check out some aliens!

FIZl7zG.png

Hmm...I wonder who might be an alien in disguise.

vtUrDHa.png

If we go by with the disguised aliens wearing that CC artificial arms I have, I apparently have Terminators in Maria's world. O-O. Sara Conner you're not in this game, right?

7bfNp2o.png

Finally, an actual alien showed up!

xiWjrmU.png

I don't know if guy is an alien or not. I do know he was apparently sad and went to hide in the closet.

D1jlIYO.png

And another one. She's kinda pretty.

R2xHKsO.png

Dang it Maria! We've made everyone watch the romance channel!

NPxc319.png

Too bad I didn't catch the brain scan. Maria looks really surprised though.
    "You're not Sara Conner?"
    "Wh...Who?!"

W0oBYat.png

Seems Maria was quite proud to find her out though. Maria is definitely a quirky sim.

LI1En8V.png

And now, Maria's new house. We moved to Oasis Springs and bought this place. Eh...tis a bit drab...

FS2KWgN.png

Much better.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So as Maria has now moved, we had to travel further to visit Harlow and Lacey.

SaXakMw.png

Harlow what's wrong? I'm gonna assume maybe he didn't spend enough family time with Lacey, but maybe he's lonely, or stressed. Life is pretty tough when you're a single dad wondering if you can make it day by day.

Nms3pNp.png

Maria spoke to him and he began to perk up, Lacey even saying hi.

8azFrD6.png

The two eventually sat down and I caught Maria blowing Harlow a kiss! :kissing_heart: Woot! Again, remind me I am never allowed to meddle in their courtships! This woman knows what she's doing.

qLym38X.png

Ooo! Steamy conversation there, Maria? :wink:

sGEWKAN.png

The two actually started dancing together.

5l92L4x.png

Uhhh Maria? That's not exactly subtle! :anguished:

zayOSSD.png

Eventually, Harlow had to go to bed, Maria running off into the night. Sweet dreams, Harlow.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So Maria hadn't visited Johnny in a while and I figured it might be nice to drop in and see how he was.

1eMmJ77.png

He was inside watching-what else- the comedy channel. I find it funny that in Main Save, he's a high ranking scientist (Not as high as Glitch though) and in Maria's save, he's living his dream of being an entertainer. Sim worlds and timelines are funny like that.

Ig6rzXo.png

Maria I know your fun is down a bit, but that's his tablet. Ah well. She's got that 'always welcome' trait. Guess that includes using people's tablets too.

zfKFqS3.png

They were having a pleasant conversation when Maria autonomously got a phone call. I think it was Landgraab.
    "Yes sir? Oh! You forgot to tell us something?"

I2bgEfd.png

"Oh wow that would explain things, Mr. Landgraab."
    Apparently, we're not exactly building a park/playground, but fixing up one that the Landgraab's bought in Newcrest. I'm sure there isn't too much damage.

0IPex7e.png

I set Maria to give Johnny a hug, and apparently, they needed to go outside to do so. I was looking around though and then noticed a familiar face.

nUussln.png

Holy buckets, Harlow! What's wrong? :open_mouth: Maria? Come here? Shoot. He disappeared before we could catch him.

mFRUi76.png

We ran straight to his place and...Harlow that's not your bed. Man, he was crying though. Poor guy! :disappointed:

5JOlUz4.png

Aw man! Maria? You mind getting in here? I know you aren't at the level of cheering someone up, but man this looks serious!

ieSwXpf.png

Don't worry, Lacey. Maria's just having a chat with your father in your bedroom. Ngh that face. :confounded:

G7hibrw.png

It seems the stress and worries of being a stay-at-home dad take their toll, as this is twice we've seen him depressed. One sec while I go attack the ninja onions!

d3Ay6BK.png

In her own fashion, Maria tells him a joke to cheer him up, which does seem to work. I think it's that duck one where they sound like a chicken.

FdgSa7z.png

"I know this may sound weird, Harlow, but the player had an idea so you and Lacey won't feel so lonely. I have a larger home now with extra rooms. Want to move in with me?"
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So as said last post, we had Harlow and Lacey move in with us. While he really appreciated the house we built for him, I think they needed somewhere else. Yes it's in Oasis Springs where Melissa, his ex, used to live but 1)She isn't in this save and 2)Maria could take on that jealous tart any day.

IqGKz4T.png

And apparently so could Harlow! I got a notification that my fitness skill was maxed and couldn't figure out where. Seems Mr. Vlorn has been busy.

yjebKUn.png

Really busy apparently. Harlow, love. I know you and Maria aren't exactly together yet and the Landgraab's fortune is tempting, but Nancy's married. That and you would probably fall into the same situation as before with Melissa. Maybe. We'll see how it pans out.

72ce1PG.png

Dear Brody and Harlow. I want your children. I don't mean in a fangirl sense. Tell Lacey and Abbigale to come to my place to clean up sometime. AKA Lacey took this out on her own, kinda like what Abbigale does with the dishes in Main Save.

5lchuaL.png

Taking after Dad it seems for music.

5K7XHIL.png

The guitar came with the house so I figured since Maria is working on her violin, why not let Harlow try the guitar. He was at least enjoying himself, even if he needs the practice.

CXESgJ1.png

Next morning, Maria and Lacey had a lil bonding time. I do the same thing as I do with my other kids: 4am wake call!...lol

EWOTs1w.png

Harlow I know you got a good body there, but if you're going outdoors to talk, at least put on actual pants and not your underwear. Then again, this is the same guy I caught skinny dipping at a pool in Main Save. Is it possible for him to be a closet nudist? :open_mouth:

jlHITTk.png

Peter I know Maria didn't choose you after, but this is just creepy, man. She's a teenager! Either that or you're really hungry and trying to bum for free food. :/

67jnVP8.png

Still a long ways to go with that violin.

kjPEAWV.png

Eventually Mr.Closet Nudist turned on a romance. Maria joined him after, although it didn't result into anything.

ZjuMNjp.png

I gave Harlow some more shirts for his wardrobe and this was one of his new ones. And no Harlow. Just cause the salad has no calories doesn't mean you can eat all of it.

xuA1JBt.png

I sense a disturbance in the force. As if my side fling was laughing and having fun....without me.

PplrHAQ.png

Clean-up time. Harlow washed the counter autonomously when I was about to make Maria do it. Gosh I love these three already. :3
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I had sent everyone to bed early after viewing Landgraab's new park (post to come tomorrow) and then Maria woke up. Figured she had had enough energy. Ehehe...Nope!

02-11-16_12-33-34nbspAM_zpsublwtxxw.png

Hmm...that looks familiar...

02-11-16_12-33-18nbspAM_zpskoyjims1.png

Yup. At least it wasn't Harlow.

02-11-16_12-35-06nbspAM_zpsejlmrx3e.png

And then they just plop her down like a sack of potatoes. "We hit the wrong house. Sorry."

02-11-16_12-35-28nbspAM_zpso7x8evgw.png

Wow. She got zapped pretty bad. Well you gotta head to bed anyways. Oh wow...

So yeah. Even when my guys aren't in a save at all (May be bringing Sakura and Peter's family in this save, not sure yet), the aliens come around. Guess they just love my sims. :|...lol

As promised, here are some pics of the Landgraab's park that we had to fix.
    XVjSpbn.png

Oh....Aw man! This isn't a park, it's a dump! Hah...C'mon Maria. We gotta fix this place up.

UnXoLWT.png

There! I think that's a decent job, right?

BHu3Hx8.png

As it was early morning, I had Harlow cook while Maria got a bath. Please don't burn down the place.

4PzZEIZ.png

Really Maria? He's making scrambled eggs and you're getting a salad? You don't need to watch your weight at the moment ya know.

2nYHKyA.png

Yeah we still need to work on those folksongs.

90uVhlL.png

With Lacey gone to school, I had Harlow follow Maria to the park. She called Landgraab to invite him to see the new park, but he was apparently busy.

gbXl1pl.png

Phil trying to up his logic it seems.

dPWmYKB.png

Phil looking at the gardener as if to say. "What are these two doing?"

5pFnsjp.png

Maria and Harlow soon cuddled under that gazebo shrine thingy.

dnYFlpy.png

Yeah...As I said once before, I think they're stalking my saves

Sq47RLV.png

Maria was out of it. Aliens know how to really mess you up.

6SQCj0D.png

Maria you should go to b-

"I EAT EGGS!!"

JsPanlS.png

Maria...Time for bed...

"LEMME GET EGG!"

Oh boy...

OaMGwyT.png

And Harlow is asleep the whole time. Oh be happy they didn't come after you.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

They had the whims, I figured now would be a good time to do it.

9ll0tZ9.png

Maria and Harlow just finished lunch, the two chatting about going to the park.

B9UYZ6D.png

"Ngh...I wanna steal somethin'..."

P9me9aQ.png

"Grr...I wanna break something..."

58RKDA9.png

Wait...That lil red dot...Is that?

2QR1mzy.png

Why yes! Hellooo Bella Goth.

gtj0Yso.png

While yes, the Landgraab's Revival Park is rather nice, it also tends to be a rather closed off area. Magnolia Park seemed like a good spot.

kmPJU2o.png

You're the richest man in Windenburg and have a house. Why are you sleeping in the parks? Yes, you're insane but...why the park?!

e0TPRE0.png

I had Harlow and Maria sit on a slightly secluded bench, Maria autonomously flirting with Harlow. Ngh...They so close...

pWGjeQj.png

And then the two hug. N'aw! :3

X26d7YS.png

But that's not what we're here for. Maria? Go for it! Woot! Now that's a Valentine's background right there...LOL.

kR45fBL.png

Harlow was over the moon!

rKuAZSI.png

Uhh...Maria? You don't just kiss and run. That's kinda rude. Especially when you run off to watch a chess match.

oFTTsyo.png

See even Mason agrees.

5uqf375.png

So I had them move over to this quiet point...where Harlow asked Maria to be his girlfriend! As you can see, these two were really excited.

z9HwmoV.png

And then, a cute embrace. :heart:

1GyO9PI.png

Although, something a bit extra once they got home. :smirk:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Well, Maria and Harlow had themselves a good time. First up, the first date!

KGgMipw.png

We started the day with gardening, or in this case, mopping the lawn.

JJKFUZt.png

Oh my. Hey @RedDestiny92 ? Make sure Kendra doesn't go taking our stuff. She's got the Villareal's for that. Eheh.

WJCdO69.png

Lacey needed to get her fun and social up so I had her talk to Dino. Thinking of renaming him.

l4gj7sq.png

And Mr. Semi-Nude goes strumming. Yes I know she loves him but I swears when they go out on a night sometime, he's gonna go full-on commando when I ask him to change sometime.

7gG8bXg.png

Luckily we did put pants and shirt on though when we went out for a kiss.

39nfPTI.png

Lacey's gone to school. Seems like a perfect time for a date. Invisible taxi, get us a ride to the lounge! Harlow, you're paying.

OW2PiXc.png

We have Beethoven apparently at the lounge.

v1PrY4Q.png

I'm just gonna assume Harlow is talking about his ex here.

vNgnVZB.png

Johnny, you're a good guy, but you seriously don't need to be pulling a Jeremy Jinglebottom. Let MattShea's sim keep that look.

MN5tgCp.png

"And then she...ugh! You could never really understand what it was like!"

aoAdmuC.png

Johnny! Move!

eitg5Lq.png

After Johnny finally moved, the two moved in to kiss. Hey it says we have to do 10 socials. Kissing counts.

y2GFD0x.png

Have I said before these two are adorable! :3

FbbOplP.png

Sweet-like, I had Harlow order Maria a drink, but then the counter got dirty. Okay we're changing seats!

toSnZYk.png

Maria, that's not exactly sitting together. Try again, woman.

rBLJN2C.png

That's better.

d0pglrf.png

"Mr. Decals, why are you staring at my violin?"

"Ohhh no reason."

J4gdyQX.png

Eee...Gotta love it when you get shots like this. The hearts are aflyin'! And with that, gold star! Congrats Harlow! Now time to head home.

tTWqRyq.png

Talk about a long afternoon. I had Lacey get at her homework while Harlow cleaned up. I think Maria went on the computer or something.

7YZAkoP.png

I think Dino knows Lacey's Dad enjoyed himself.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As mentioned before, Maria was still trying to meet with Mr. Landgraab to talk about the park. There was a bit of time before that though.

lrduUov.png

While Harlow and Maria were gone to bed, Lacey had energy to burn so we started using the activity table. Man, I want a magic crayon that could color everything like that.

cVlTk3A.png

The next morning, she was up and chatting with Maria. Hey if she possibly marries Harlow, Lacey might as well be friendly with her.

syzeZx7.png

As mentioned before: Harlow? Brody? I want your kids. They clean on their own! :bawling:

qIwTcEa.png

After Lacey went to school, Harlow got up, actually dressed himself, and went outside to cook...hotdogs? Well they could be breakfast sausages with toasted buns. Sometimes you need some imagination when your sims do odd stuff like cook lunch food early in the morning. Still, wouldn't change anything for the world. :3

P7nqojz.png

Apparently Maria was fine with it anyways.

"And you didn't burn yourself. Aw! Good Job."

tAuGzIv.png

We then headed off to Landgraab's. For some reason I didn't capture Maria trying to chat with them, but I did grab proof again that, when you're close enough in a relationship, bathroom privacy tends to lower. Also who puts toilet paper up that high? They don't have a cat.

GnnKqWz.png

Harlow then was the one to go up and say "Hi" to Geoffrey. They're good friends in the panel, which may also explain Nancy's infatuation with the guy.

2sH7oTo.png

Maybe we should test this out. Maria, you mind compli-Where are you two going?

kseYmaf.png

I apparently have the most polite sims in the world. They went downstairs and went in the bathroom to compliment and flirt a bit before just chatting.

22PdIMF.png

I finally got the to sit down with Landgraab. He seemed pleased with her work and Maria was able to keep a good chunk of money. After this, I figured let's hit up the lounge.

prDMema.png

Seems Marcus is off tonight. Again I swears he's a closet Geek. I know some may not like the look, but he looks cute in those glasses to me. :3

NbhDg2I.png

Harlow was in a playful mood so I had him tickle Maria as a tease.

6CbZgJM.png

Oh! Oh my! So they did this autonomously. At frist, I thought it was a kiss, but nope: They were making out right there on the couch. That might be a sign.

kZjEFwn.png

Uhh Mason? This is really awkward, bud. I don't blame you for looking a bit irritated.C'mon Archie & Edith. Let's get you two back home

CVy5kov.png

Once home, Lacey was put to bed and I had Maria take a flirty shower. And I was right. She wanted to then woohoo with someone, which matched Harlow's want to woohoo with her. I tried to coax them a bit with some passionate kissing.

"C'mere loverboy. You ain't the only one that can sweep someone off their feet.

MTbC6aG.png

Eheh....That's my girl!

rRiiY6t.png

And then Harlow had wanted to go to bed, but not right now, man! How about returning the favor?

minbAuV.png

Hah...when nudging don't work, just outright ask them if they wanna woohoo. Maria asked Harlow, eventhough he was a bit tired and...

3AXT5uV.png

I think the picture speaks for itself. :smirk:

V9jgV4P.png

How to tell when you can make good woohoo? When you literally knock your partner out. Usually they get up, but Maria was so good, she KOed Harlow...lol. Okay it was probably because he was exhausted after, but for first time woohoo, they both really enjoyed it.

l3OXd72.png

Hah...Good night Harlow.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

edited March 2016
    Note: The following may not be majorly happy, but we do promise that the end is.

Harlow was rather perturbed one morning as Maria went out to sit with him.

ua6XtOR.png

"Harlow? You look upset. Is everything alright?"

"I was just thinking about how, this time a couple years ago, I had been with Melissa, just up the road even. Plum she was terrible."

"Your ex? Was she that bad?"

"Bad? The worst! She was horrible! I don't know why it even took me so long to realize it!"

"Oh my!"

1tnEbnd.png

"After Lacey's mom had passed away, I thought that meeting someone else might be the best way to get over it. I eventually met Melissa and we started dating. She was hot-headed, sure, but I figured we could work on that. She was friendly with Lacey and, well, I didn't think I would meet anyone else so eventually we eloped. Her place wasn't big, but we were together and she set up a mattress for Lacey until we could get a proper bed."

Pza5M6V.png

"I always tried to keep on her good side. She enjoyed a bit of romance, especially once Lacey was gone and it was just us..."

y467tDw.png

"Sometimes though it...didn't always work..."

"Are you trying to kiss up to me, Harlow? You've been seeing someone, haven't you! Admit it!!"

sBl1m6P.png

"As time went on, I realized she was more than hot-headed: She was a controlling monster. Anyone I tried to meet, she'd freak out."

"You came here with me, Harlow. Not that tramp! Not that guy! Me!! You should be talking to your wife!"

Qzm2aXO.png

"She'd always get mad at me for the littlest of things."

"You cheated I swear! Ugh who the plum plays chess anyways on a day out?!"

wxlP8as.png

"I wasn't sure when to talk to her."

"Did I say I wanted to chat? I'm here to exercise. Go build some muscle or something."

112CbvY.png

"She'd even make fun of me."

"You called that punches? You punch like a llama! See here, folks! The great llama man! Able to knock out nothing!"

YzXJ5LE.png

"Once we were home she'd try to say sorry and make it up to me."

umeDuWi.png

"But then something else would set her off again."

"Are you really that plum, Harlow? Anyone could have told you that! You had to get your daughter to tell you?"

bEe0h7e.png

"I felt ashamed. I felt...trapped."

jogPbvZ.png

"I eventually realized Lacey was picking up on her habits. I told Melissa about it, but she just fired back that it wasn't her fault I wasn't raising my daughter right. Even told me she would kick me out if I ever blamed her again"

q4msvJr.png

"I asked her to forgive me, begged her, even believed that it was my fault! She eventually accepted."

zW874wy.png

But then she turned around the next day, after our daily visit to the gym, yelling at Lacey for almost breaking us up. Heh...Ironic isn't it? But that was all I could take. Yell at me, tell me off, jeer me if you wish, but you do not yell at my daughter!"

z6qvP6X.png

" 'That's it! We're through, Melissa!!' I told her. I wasn't going to take it anymore."

g9tZYk3.png

"I went outside, Melissa following me with Lacey soon after."

"Are you seriously breaking up with me? Where you going to go, huh?

FZt1wwC.png

"I was ready to explode, but I grit my teeth. 'Somewhere far...away...from you! You...monster'!!"

nGpJ5NX.png

"And that was it. I felt terrible. I was sure Lacey thought that it was her fault, and now she was without a mother again. But I didn't want her hurt! Heh...Like all parents though, when Lacey came back I tried to keep a good face on for her, right? Tell her we would be okay. Tell her that...that it wasn't her fault...Tell her that...she wasn't to blame...That her Dad was the one that broke him and Melissa up..."

FgCwY9y.png

"It was hard though to accept that we were on our own again. I called the taxi that night and we soon moved off to a temporary house in Willow Creek. Before you made that small place for us Newcrest, I thought we were to be stuck there until Lacey was a teenager. I could barely afford living in Willow Creek until you pretty much saved us. Heh...and now here we are."

jAQ2ybc.png

After Harlow's story, the two had moved inside, Maria embracing him.

"Oh Harlow...I can promise you I'd never hurt you, nor Lacey. You're the sweetest father and man alive. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Mmph...thanks, love."

After a long night, Maria has to return to work as she gets a call from a new family that needed an extra room

MDi6kbK.png

She gave Harlow a kiss before heading out. N'aw! :3

WPxwc5f.png

Again, for my older readers, look familiar? Yup. Brody and Jaz and the kids have moved into Willow Creek. Good mighty it's gonna be weird not controlling them.

ZqI5Jnh.png

Brody was the one to call Maria after finding out that the house they had bought didn't have enough rooms for the kids. Sure, Abbigale and Ryder could share a room, but as Abbigale was a bit older, it would have been nice for her to have her own room.

kWNTY4J.png

Jaz seems to like Maria.

hGl9yck.png

"Where are you from, Mister?"

"Would you believe from a place where you're a teenager and going out with my step-niece?"

oBWHuB8.png

Maria shows her some ideas she has for the room.

S1zSIeZ.png

Set up the grid paper. It's time to renovate!

CubdKON.png

There we go. Simple, but functional. Abbigale and Ryder can fight over who gets it.

JfST5Pg.png

A small renovation to Jaz & Brody's room.

azDrOAP.png

Sadie's room needed something more suited for a teenager.

a6lgPXl.png

Ugh...Let's spruce up this yard while we're at it.

lorszAF.png

A tree, some flowers, some new paint on the monkey bars and some fresh grass. Makes it look much nicer.

hYKEc86.png

Maria calls Harlow and Lacey over so Lacey can meet Ryder and Abbigale. So weird for me because in Main Save, Lacey is Sadie's age AKA a teen

rTvGUit.png

Jaz cooking up supper.

3bmib3k.png

There you are Abbigale!

GN6HMEi.png

Lacey seems to be friendly with Ryder. I actually changed her aspiration as she is actually very chatty on this save.

a6rsaXn.png

Ahaha! Every time. :D Hellooo Bella Goth.

16on0mF.png

"So, what you think?"

Seems Brody enjoyed the renovations, especially the surprise garden renovation.
    Post edited by LosaruTaiyo on
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As said, a very special post here.

uHPH5Xk.png

So Maria took Harlow out a cafe in Windenburg, Harlow hugging Maria for another successful day.

TONgHVZ.png

Maria then took him out by the waterfall just outside the cafe.

"Harlow, you know I love you more than anything, right?"

"Even more than your job?"

"Of course you silly man."

P1M9MyY.png

"But there is something you should know?"

"Yes?"

"If I didn't have my job..."

Ol34pUM.png

"...I wouldn't have been able to afford this. Will you marry me, Harlow Vlorn?"

eA1r1tY.png

And he accepted! We now officially have the two engaged.

ZYUNoCf.png

By the time these two got home, it was morning, but they were both flirty and...well...

2w1m0LA.png

Oh mys. Save it for the honeymoon you two. :smirk:

x4lrugO.png

Guess you're returning the KO Mr.Vlorn? :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As said, Ceecee is...different so who knows what she might do when she sets up shop.

eRBYGny.png

"Ooo! Wedding shop in Windenburg! You're mine now! Teehee!"

Bfr51uT.png

Aaaand the first thing she does is dance with the mannequins.

"Shh...They're just shy."

8149wce.png

"Oh don't mind The Player, Billy. I know you have potential."

el4rQ2x.png

"No, Bob. I don't know why they'd stick you down here when your girlfriend is upstairs. Silly Player just can't tell who's who, ya know?"

PX2ERHE.png

Ceecee then dresses "Billy" in formal wear. When I have a sim own a clothing shop, I always allow them to dress the mannequins first, just to see what they can come up with. Not a bad start.

ZEe5Cks.png

Real nice! Some of that genius is showing through it seems.

TT3cC9H.png

Spoke too soon. Ceecee, this is what you would wear if you had ever been a child AI. Try again.
    I also dressed the female one as she probably wouldn't set wedding gowns on her own.

cuWL4YM.png

Hah. -_- That's it. Gimme the mannequin.

6tQ1voW.png

There we go. Much better.

7H7KoJD.png

Sadie...Did you go out to the bar again? I don't think Brody and Jaz will be happy hearing you've been drinking juice underage.

6ARH2w9.png

"It's an original Coco!"

It's also not wedding apparel. C'mon. Gimme the mannequin.

ZpKs9Sb.png

After pricing everything and setting up shop, Ceecee went to try on party outfits an...uuuhhh...Ceecee...

"Yeah I know. My elder AI granny probably wore this back in DOS days."

"Sims weren't even made for DOS."

"Shhh...the pixels can hear you."

4CjuDlg.png

You're not a teenager, woman. XP

"No but I look fabulous!"

jJdybpW.png

Yeah...Let's just get back to the house. Maria and Harlow will be needing to stop by at some point soon to talk about themes for the wedding.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

ekbchT6.png

Harlow practicing his guitar. Contemplating changing this room into a music room. Then again, with Maria's aspiration of a bigger house, they may move again after the wedding.

dSumhFg.png

Ah yes. The moment when you realize you're an unplayed household and Miss SPT#3 won't be coming to abduct you again. Enjoy the good life in this world, Brody, cause at some point, we're going back to Main Save and who knows about 2nd World. Eheh.

CaiL77q.png

Maria gives Harlow a reassuring kiss as they discuss meeting up with Ceecee the next day.

mRpCBhr.png

"See, love? She does pretty much what I do, except for events like weddings, birthdays,..."

"Why is she putting party hats on the balloons?...And then drawing smiley faces on them...and trying to feed one cake...?"

"Umm...Her work is expressive? Either that or her apparent coding is open source and someone dropped her software...Oh but don't tell her that."

vNiX62k.png

Grilled cheese for supper sounds good. Not unlocking the aspiration. They just wanted grilled cheese.

rTBbeva.png

Lacey was making fun of adults, to which Maria gave her a hard look.

"I promised not to yell at you, but that is very rude young lady."

ZdXcXIF.png

"Sorry Maria."

Ej3xpg1.png

And so we end off with Maria trying out her violin again. Don't worry. Sonnets weren't written in a day.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

tXkkxk3.png

I think Harlow's fascinated that Maria used to live here. The place isn't totally changed, although a bit messy given Ceecee's train of thought.

xLczBJO.png

"Oh you must be the two totally awesome lovebirds of this world, huh? C'mon in! Don't mind the clothes. I'll get them clean at some point. They don't smell."

"Oh...umm...alright then..."

zzoJd0J.png

Maria explains to her what they were thinking of possibly having.

"Lace an' flowers? Sounds like a good start..."

"Good start?"

"Well yeah! You're talking to Ceecee. I don't just slap two things together and that's that. We gotta branch out more. Widen the spectrum..."

"Maria...she's kinda weirding me out..."

vMJZSnl.png

Just had to catch this. Harlow blew a kiss to Maria and I got the hearts in the shot.

r3khZNZ.png

Eheh. These faces are just cringing. :D

"So yeah...Have you ever considered something like an underwater theme. Could get you dressed in a lacey mermaid dress, maybe your man there wear just dress pants and carry a trident or something. The flowers could be sea anenomes!! Or maybe scuba gear!!"

"Harlow I'm starting to think maybe..."

"You can't say anything now...you brought us here...."

QpHb849.png

Maria tries to change the theme topic.

"Oh Harlow, weren't you talking about how you wanted a guitarist at the wedding reception?"

"I wa-Oh yeah. I mean I could play but I still need the practice. That and I would be kind of busy."

Ceecee seems to perk up.

"Ooo! Music! That would be an awesome theme, ya know? I mean we could have music and underwater but my radio would probably short circuit, right Johnny 5?"

"You named your radio?"

oNPtFld.png

The three move out to the living room, Harlow starting to think on the latest idea.

"Maybe...Jazz?"

"OO! I like it! We talkin' like early Jazz? Modern Jazz? Ooo! There's an idea..."

"Well...1940's?"

"I can see that. Classy gowns, elegant tuxes...."

jXRdm6r.png

Harlow was actually the one getting excited surprisingly. "A grand piano? And...And maybe those slipback chairs?"

"Could totally work for the reception area! Get the venue done up like an old jazz club! Ooo! And for the wedding part we have it with all the lace and flowers you guys were mentioning!! I think I got some outfits down at my shop that might work for you two too. You gotta check them out when you can!"

aYluZGk.png

By this point I think they were ready to go.

"Thank you very much Ceecee. We'll keep in touch."

"Totally! Like I said, swing by the shop! Oh just be careful of Bob. He's still upset that his girlfriend was put upstairs."

"Who...is Bob?"
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

As said, Harlow and Maria will be going wedding shopping, leaving the 1940's Jazz themed wedding decor itself to Ceecee. Just what she may come up with though no one can really be sure.

N4QOyz0.png

Today started off with Harlow exercising though. I noticed he had gained a lil weight after so long and, story-wise, he may wanna shape up a bit more before the wedding. The guy has a Lvl 10 fitness so shouldn't take him too long. Look at it this way, Melissa: He ain't no llama man now!

ZFGC2Sd.png

After a good hard boxing round, Harlow felt pumped and confident, going over to Maria who was gardening and laying a suave kiss on her hand.

Milady indeed. ;)

PcDm9xv.png

Next was a good hard run on the treadmill. This got him sweatin'.

UmBZl0h.png

Honest question: Can modern treadmills even do this? :open_mouth:

DCeL2Ae.png

Yes Mr. Vlorn, I'm happy you had a good workout too, but that shirt is not going out shopping. Save it for the summer jogs.

BxrHxvy.png

Ceecee hires some...interesting folks it seems.

u0klgES.png

Including Mr. Clean apparently.

hfcsYmx.png

@Simslover163 Looks like Mason lost his job at the Promenade. Don't worry. Ceecee hired him.

LlKLmoW.png

"Well? What do you think?"

"Hm? Oh sorry! I got distracted by the giant flowers."

bCw8fOj.png

I've never really seen Harlow as a 'white tux' kinda guy. Sakura can pull it off back in the other saves, but I dunno. Just doesn't seem Harlow.

3kzKeaR.png

"Mr. Vlorn? I think I found the perfect dress."

Seriously. She tried this one on three times and always got excited wearing it.

jzdvkLZ.png

So apparently you can't buy an outfit for others so I had Lacey come over after school to get the blue dress for sale. She really didn't like Wolfgang.

GBwhRmL.png

Gotta admit, she looks really cute.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So Ceecee, being an AI, has abilities much like her counterparts. Something that makes her different from others though is the ability to temporarily bring characters in from other saves (unlike Brody and his crowd who actually "moved") to Maria's save to converse with. Apparently, she decided to get some help in design choices for the wedding and when Bob the Mannequin and the Dresser at home couldn't help her, she went through my save files and dragged out some of my other sims. ADDED: Cue the "Chicken Dance!"

RzDTMC3.png

Which one you think might actually work for the venue? I mean they're both big tanks, but we're going for like a jazz club vibe.

jDdbzCA.png

Miss, I don't even like fish. Can I go back home to Peter and the kids now?

ooyplIg.png

So, curtains, palm trees, sound good?

H17xyvy.png

Seriously? I'm the Ultimate Error AI with the ability to corrupt worlds, destroy sims, and even mess with The Player and you dragged me here to discuss wedding decor? Why am I even here?!

o0APvJQ.png

So like, ya see what I mean? They weren't even helpful at all when I tried to get their opinions on stuff. You got an idea how hard it is to coordinate stuff?

y7LBVvP.png

Ehh...Honestly, I'm not supposed to be active yet. You mind putting me back in 2nd World before it corrupts?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

So for his soulmate aspiration, Harlow needed to go on another date with Maria. I figured, why not the park.

0mEysIj.png

First things first though, we apparently wanted to autonomously practice guitar. Well that is what we get with a music-loving man...lol

HP8fT2Q.png

For once, Mason is actually happy!

BYsgWrK.png

Man my shots are bad sometimes, but Harlow actually sung to Maria. Squee!!

cfzKCXg.png

I don't care if it's a bug or not, teens leaving their homework around is a legit thing in real life. Been there, done that, I now work giving books to some...lol

IC72fXC.png

Ceecee was really not happy that the game selected her to be the park bench sleeper.

"My insanity is caused by my creative programming, not my want to sleep outdoors, isn't that right, Mr. Maximus?"

5kydy46.png

I wasn't attempting a gold date this time around so to fill out the 10 socializations, why not some interactions on the fountain, such as makin' a move. Smooth Mr. Vlorn.

f2oJKw3.png

Dear mighty these two are adorable!! :3

d3tUrz9.png

"You know what?"

"Mmph, what?"

"Right now, I feel like the luckiest man alive."

jFpaYy1.png

And then breaks into a make-out session...lol

NIa9uSC.png

"What Mr. Bench? I know! I know! I really need to get back to work. Oh a butterfly!"

OXI3GNK.png

Harlow was playful so decided to give Maria a small splash. It was a bronze date, but hey, was a success to me. Now for his new aspiration, he actually needs to marry Maria so we're soon all set.

JPfubQs.png

Guess it must have successful. Eheh. Get a room you two. :smirk:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184