Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I also think it would be pretty cool if parents could schedule play dates with neibouring toddlers and the parent has to bring them round and drink coffee while the toddlers play, the toddlers could also have tantrums if they don't like that toddler they are playing with this could cause them to start fighting over toys. My mum used to do this for me as a kid and I didn't always get along with everyone XD
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Oh also yeah I'm back XD

I would love for children to be able to make slime with toddlers It would be a cool little messy activity for them.
  • miss_molldollmiss_molldoll Posts: 1 New Member
    As the person writing this said stuff about a workable daycare well I think it would be cool if the nanny system worked in that like you have a computer in the daycare and somebody emails you or something that they need a nanny or a manny. After you tell a nanny they leave and either bring the child or toddler back or stay there at the house. If the player wants more nannys or daycare people they should hire them and they would come ask you their hours and you would be able to choose their hours and yours.
  • simschick88simschick88 Posts: 4 New Member
    Emotions for Toddlers should be similar to that portrayed in the animated film 'Inside Out' - Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust. Toddlers should refuse to eat their 'yucky' vegetables and play creatively and should also have an invisible friend to name and play with.
  • weewopznameweewopzname Posts: 7 New Member
    the toddler should have a float with them
  • weewopznameweewopzname Posts: 7 New Member
    if not theres no point of swimming 'cause they'll drown
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Maybe have toddlers being different types i.e the quiet "good" type and the loud, temper tantrum type that drives parents up the wall!! Toddlers are very temper-mental beings that always keep you on your toes. (I'm a infant/toddler teacher in rl so def know first hand lol)

BTW if anyone mentioned this b4, well like they say great minds and all that!! :D
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Minabear95Minabear95 Posts: 1 New Member

Some actions i think would be good to have.
    1. play in the toy box like they are hiding
    2. play with and cuddle animals (when we finally get them)
    3. interact with kids by playing together

Other than actions I would like to see more objects some that we have had and some we neverv had before.
    1. kiddy pool- kids and toddlers could both use
    2. bath toys
    3. actual toddler beds and crib
    4. an activity table where they can make a mess
    5. sand box
    6. sensory station to build skills
    7. strollers- you can take them for a walk

Having toddlers should open up the nanny career so your sim can be a nanny too. Its nice to be able to hire them but it would be awesome to have it as a job.
  • Lovegab101Lovegab101 Posts: 83 Member
    I really miss the toddler feature what i think is that basically they should do as teh same as sims 2 and 3 with more features and more clothing.
  • NelsalieNelsalie Posts: 20 New Member
    YES! How come in the sims freeplay (which is a freemium game btw) there are toddlers and for a game we buy for a lot of money there arent any toddlers? That kinda dissapoints me. The same thing for carrying around the babies. You can do that in sims freeplay, but here you can't. Toddlers should definitely have cool skills like others said, for example dancing and potty skills§
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    idk if this has already been said, but I think it would be neat if child sims wet the bed if they weren't potty trained as a toddler.
  • OnixroseOnixrose Posts: 1 New Member
    Can we please have the doll that becomes a friend back again please?
  • Aleah221Aleah221 Posts: 29 New Member
    idk if this has already been said, but I think it would be neat if child sims wet the bed if they weren't potty trained as a toddler.

So realistic. If we had preschoolers as a life stage, they could do that too! :joy: When the sim is older, maybe they'll know how to use the bathroom but we a lot on the floors.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2016
    I do have a nephew who is going through the toddler years and I had an interesting day with him. My parents are like each kid has a different personality and need their own handbook. It is so true. Like his older brother was so content bouncing most of the time and playing on the floor. But this kid, he sings very loud, he's very active, and at the testing boundaries stage. Like telling him not to play his cars on the table because it scratches it. If I tell him not to do something bad, he starts crying, has a quiver pout on his lips, covers his eyes, and sometimes throws a temper tantrum. I admit it is pretty cute looking. Then within three seconds he is happy again. I can definitely see how the toddler stage it is really easy to pick up new languages and poor things are like testing their emotions out, so it is a very critical and important development stage for humans. I mean there are things that can occur during our toddler years that can affect us later in life like my fear of tarantulas because one came up to me when I was little. It is just really neat to see the toddler process again for a third time now since I do have a younger brother too. I'm not sure how much different girls are yet since I haven't experienced it on a daily basis, but boys are a ton of fun playing with their planes and cars and still hugging dolls and stuffed animals. I know the Sims hasn't even begin to grasp toddlers completely yet. The Sims 2 did a pretty decent job of it. Anyways not sure if my personal experience will help, but maybe some ideas can be made from it. *shrugs*

My nickname that I got when I was a toddler, Scooter was a result of me scooting instead of crawling, so odd request would be to have both scooting and crawling in the game if possible.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I think my ideas are more suited for the sims 5 because the sims 4 seems pretty much set in stone (as for the babies). Here are some of my ideas for traits for babies and toddlers.
    Babies-
    • Easy going- (40% of all sim babies) these babies have a happy temperament. They don’t usually cry unless something is usually really bothering them. They smile and co more than other babies and just has a happy disposition.
    • "High needs" baby - some 10 percent of all sim babies - might have high activity levels, respond intensely to upset, be oversensitive and are consistently irregular in their sleeping and eating habits.
    • The "slow to warm" baby - about 15 percent of sim babies - withdraws from or responds cautiously to new situations and people. These babies also tend to be relatively inactive. Cautious babies are able to warm to newness as they gain experience, however.
    • The energetic baby- (20% of sim babies) some babies seem to be movers and shakers even from their first stirrings in the womb. If your newborn is eager to move, kick, yell and shake it like a Polaroid picture, it’s safe to say you have an energetic baby.
    • The predictable baby- (15% of sim babies) There is no completely “typical” baby, but many babies are fairly predictable in their desires and actions. They usually eat, sleep, and poop around the same time every day.
    - Each baby will have a different personality. Easy going, high needs, slow to warm up, energetic, and predictable. These personalities can transfer to toddler hood. They also can be influenced by what the parents were as babies.
    - Babies come with a bunch of interactions and are not tied to the crib or bassinet. Such as (cuddle, make silly faces, show of to.., Feed (breast or bottle), bathe (in tub or sink), Rock, play with, sing to, and kiss) Interactions for siblings could be – Kids (make faces, can hold sibling while sitting on sofa or chair, sing to, talk to) Toddlers (can hold sibling with help from parent, poke sibling, and makes silly faces) Teens can have the same interactions as adults.
    Toddlers-
    The Wallflower-
    • Your shy child may be anxious on unfamiliar terrain and may be more an observer than a joiner. Since new situations can be hard for slow-to-warm-up children, give her time to feel at ease. (A 55% chance a slow to warm up baby will become a wallflower, a 15% chance an easy baby may become a wallflower, 10% chance for high needs baby, 10% chance for an energetic baby, and 10% chance for a predictable baby)
    The Easy child-
    • He's a dream come true, with a calm, go-with-the-flow, always-sunny disposition. That doesn't mean, however, that easy children are all smooth sailing. In fact, it might be harder to get or hold his attention, and he still needs lots of love and time. (55% chance an easy baby will become an easy toddler, 15% chance for a predictable baby, 10% for high needs baby, 10% for slow to warm baby, and 10% energetic baby.)
    The Spitfire-
    • Joyful, energetic, and entertaining, he'll also dig in his heels and let you know loudly and clearly when he's unhappy. (40% for a high needs baby, 30% for an energetic baby, 15% for a predictable baby, 10% for an easy going baby, and 5% for a slow to warm baby.)
    The Explorer-
    • She's the one barreling around the playground, darting toward anything that catches her eye. These kids are confident and likely to become leaders, but their fearlessness can also send them running headlong into unsafe situations. (45% for an energetic baby, 30% for a predictable baby, 10% for slow to warm baby, 10% for high needs baby, and 5% for an easy going baby)
    The Stubborn One-
    • Our highly sensitive (stubborn) children aren’t just sensitive. They are a collective of highly capable, intelligent, gifted and yes, stubborn beings who were born to do great things. I realize these also aren’t the easiest kids to parent, teach and counsel however they hold within them the potential to be great. Not just good but truly great. Of course, a lot of this rests on the shoulders of our sims and how they nurture their greatness, support their unique gifts and help them channel their stubbornness in productive ways. (30% for high needs baby, 30% for a predictable baby, 20% for slow to warm up baby, 15% for an easy going baby, and 5% for an energetic baby.)
    Toddlers will be able to do many things such as play in the toilet, color on walls, and stick out their tongue, annoy older siblings, and so on. They will do some things on their own according to their traits and what type of toddler they are. I have many other ideas for babies, toddler, kids, and teens, too many to type them all down in one setting. I love everyone’s ideas. I wish they could all be implemented. 
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • TaraLovesBuildingTaraLovesBuilding Posts: 5 New Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I want toddlers to be able to do more than sit on the floor and pick their nose....or have an angry poop if they get mad. I want them to explore their environment without sitting down and crying,(not saying they shouldn't cry, just not all the time) get in trouble eating the dog/cat food (when pets arrive), turn over the trash cans..does Sims4 have trash cans?, be able to fall asleep on the rug or sleep mat or dog/cat bed. If outside I want them to be able to wander in the garden and pull up plants (oopsy), play in puddles, crawl over to Mom or Dad, Gramma or Gramps, big sister or brother and demand attention by pulling on their clothing. I want to be able to play games, roll balls with ALL family members, to other toddlers even, and read books with my toddler sims as well as rock or stroll with them. I want them to fight over toys with their siblings, make lots of noise or be so quiet you just have to go find them. I want them to bang on pots and pans. Hmmm, I think I need a grandbaby. I'd love singing with them while they bang on a drum. I think they should learn to dance since dancing is such a big deal in Sims4. You guys ever see the little toddlers dancing to the music on Ellen's show. That is just the ultimate in adorable. :) Not sure how to upload video's so this is just a pick from one of them.

good answer.
  • chingyu1023chingyu1023 Posts: 82 Member
    If the free sims gameplay can have toddler and preteen, why can't a paid game have these features? I support adding toddler and preteen. Toddler is a must feature for a life simulation game. And I suggest also adding preteen into the game because the teen in sims 4 look exactly like a young adult. I cannot see a gradual change on a sim's life.

My suggestion on number of traits for sims:
    Baby: one (can only choose from those traits from both of their parents. DNA, you know)
    Toddler: two (From this stage, you can choose whatever trait you want if it's appropriate for toddler-child-preteen stage)
    Child: three
    Preteen:four (have task to do so they can choose a special trait from what they do in this stage) OR just remain 3 as the child stage if it's too hard to do it
    Teen: five OR 4 if it's too hard to do it
    Young Adult: six OR 5 if it's too hard to do it
    Adult: same as Young Adult
    Elderly:same as Young Adult and Adult

And for what toddler can do in the game: I suggestion they can walk and use the stairs after they have been taught walking. (no more crawling)
    And get attention from other sims when they want to eat or have fun or change diaper from talking other than just crying after they've been taught talking.(less crying) They can pee by themselves after they have been through potter training. AND changing diaper would just make their uncomfortable buff disappear at that time if they pee on diaper. You still need to take them to have a bath to increase hygiene instead of just change their diaper.
  • pink86pink86 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to see the food processor for blending the toddler food return and maybe also a juicer they could mix juice for them in.
  • gomoxxooxxgomoxxooxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I already shared these ideas with Honeywell but I'll share again and expand on it. I've tried to omit what's already been mention or things or stuff that previous todds had/did in previous iterations. This is going to be a LONG ONE:

NEW SKILLS
    *eating
    *instrument skills
    *logic
    *singing tied in with talking skill
    *swimming
    *arts and crafts

NEW ITEMS and ITEM POSSIBILITIES (includes upgrades to pre existing ones)
    *kiddy pool (can be used by children also)
    *highchairs can be placed around tables and counters like other chairs (height is automatically modified to fit eating surface)
    *Floor mat
    *Kiddy chairs
    *Todds can nap un beds
    *Sand box
    *Todds can use clay
    *Adults can remove Canvas from Easel for Todds to finger paint then frame it later
    *Musical Triangle
    *Todds can be bathed in tub/sink/kiddie pool.
    *Todds can swim unattended in pool (has to be placed in by adult though)
    *large tiled jig saw puzzle

NEW SELF INTERACTIONS:
    *teething (autonomous, include moodlets)
    *drooling (autonomous, Include moodlets)
    *vomiting (autonomous, include moodlets) -may be due to playing/moving being handled too soon after eating or what was ate.
    *self feed -tied in with eating skill (todd can spill food in the process), also applies to raw or processed produce from gardening
    *push chair/ high chair -interaction unlocked when todd learns to walk
    *wash in toilet -applies to toys from the chest/doll house/food (raw produce and bottle)
    *play in toilet- unlocked at certain level of new swimming skill where todd learns to splash
    *watch *sim/cow plant* - affects logic (include moodlet)
    * explore (bookshelves/cupboards) - ends up destroying makeshift books/crackery that apples to what's explored.
    * explore small bins/trash piles - gets dirty in the end
    * swim- starts by being held by T/YA/A/E sim (in pool or kiddy pool, then progresses to circular toddler life saver then unattended when mastered (pool only).
    * splash puddles
    * watch TV (unable to turn on or change channels)
    * listen to radio (unable to turn on or change stations)
    * sing to/clap to cowplant
    * cuddle cowplant

NEW INTERACTION w/ OTHER TODDLERS
    *tug of war for toy (autonomous)
    *splash (applies to tub, kiddy pool and pool)
    *sing together-harmony and level of participation depend on talking skill progress
    *clap along/clap together-clap to singing, musical instrument being played or just clapping together
    *solve together- plays with jig saw and shape blocks
    *share -applies to food and small toys

CHILDREN
    *play peek a boo (initiated by child)
    *sing favourite lullabies (learnt, initiated by child) - todd will sing along based on talking skill progress and relationship with child
    *read favourite bed time stories to *todd* - (child initiated)
    *play dress up with - includes clothing chest, child will play make-believe with clueless todd
    *play with toys together- child plays with chest toys in todd company (todd either "watches' or play with toys as well)
    *aww and/or kiss- done while toddler sleeps
    *splash- tub, pool, kiddy pool

TEEN/ADULTS/YA/ELDERS
    *bathe -tub, sink and kiddy pool
    *serve food (rather than being spoon fed, todds are served food unattended)- only becomes available at certain progress lvl of eating skill
    *Read/ Lullaby to sleep (should be introduced to child as well)
    *Rock to sleep (in arms or arm chair)
    *let listen to voice - available when sim multitasks phone and holding todd
    *Potty train on special toilet seat- becomes available when todd apparently mastered potty training skill and sim is testing if the potty training paid off
    *take for swim - pool, kiddy pool
    *ask for 'up-up' (lift me gesture) - initiated by todd
    *todds should be placed in the lap of a sim if a sim witches to sitting position while holding the todd.
    *aww and/or goodnight kiss - while todd sleeps
    *sing to/clap to *instrument*

Alien todds:
    special skill synchronize -todds send out brainwaves and performs self hypnosis to learn lullabies, songs from other sims/radio faster than normal todds. (would be associated with appropriate animation- *coughs at EA*)

Now I'll turn off my brain a bit and hope that IF someone implements these things they can think of fun ways to integrate new moodlets and emotions into the game play.

Peace.

That is an amazing list.
    Also if they added the Loves Children trait, you should be able to show extra affection through special interactions in the pie menu with that having the Loves Children trait.
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I already shared these ideas with Honeywell but I'll share again and expand on it. I've tried to omit what's already been mention or things or stuff that previous todds had/did in previous iterations. This is going to be a LONG ONE:

NEW SKILLS
    *eating
    *instrument skills
    *logic
    *singing tied in with talking skill
    *swimming
    *arts and crafts

NEW ITEMS and ITEM POSSIBILITIES (includes upgrades to pre existing ones)
    *kiddy pool (can be used by children also)
    *highchairs can be placed around tables and counters like other chairs (height is automatically modified to fit eating surface)
    *Floor mat
    *Kiddy chairs
    *Todds can nap un beds
    *Sand box
    *Todds can use clay
    *Adults can remove Canvas from Easel for Todds to finger paint then frame it later
    *Musical Triangle
    *Todds can be bathed in tub/sink/kiddie pool.
    *Todds can swim unattended in pool (has to be placed in by adult though)
    *large tiled jig saw puzzle

NEW SELF INTERACTIONS:
    *teething (autonomous, include moodlets)
    *drooling (autonomous, Include moodlets)
    *vomiting (autonomous, include moodlets) -may be due to playing/moving being handled too soon after eating or what was ate.
    *self feed -tied in with eating skill (todd can spill food in the process), also applies to raw or processed produce from gardening
    *push chair/ high chair -interaction unlocked when todd learns to walk
    *wash in toilet -applies to toys from the chest/doll house/food (raw produce and bottle)
    *play in toilet- unlocked at certain level of new swimming skill where todd learns to splash
    *watch *sim/cow plant* - affects logic (include moodlet)
    * explore (bookshelves/cupboards) - ends up destroying makeshift books/crackery that apples to what's explored.
    * explore small bins/trash piles - gets dirty in the end
    * swim- starts by being held by T/YA/A/E sim (in pool or kiddy pool, then progresses to circular toddler life saver then unattended when mastered (pool only).
    * splash puddles
    * watch TV (unable to turn on or change channels)
    * listen to radio (unable to turn on or change stations)
    * sing to/clap to cowplant
    * cuddle cowplant

NEW INTERACTION w/ OTHER TODDLERS
    *tug of war for toy (autonomous)
    *splash (applies to tub, kiddy pool and pool)
    *sing together-harmony and level of participation depend on talking skill progress
    *clap along/clap together-clap to singing, musical instrument being played or just clapping together
    *solve together- plays with jig saw and shape blocks
    *share -applies to food and small toys

CHILDREN
    *play peek a boo (initiated by child)
    *sing favourite lullabies (learnt, initiated by child) - todd will sing along based on talking skill progress and relationship with child
    *read favourite bed time stories to *todd* - (child initiated)
    *play dress up with - includes clothing chest, child will play make-believe with clueless todd
    *play with toys together- child plays with chest toys in todd company (todd either "watches' or play with toys as well)
    *aww and/or kiss- done while toddler sleeps
    *splash- tub, pool, kiddy pool

TEEN/ADULTS/YA/ELDERS
    *bathe -tub, sink and kiddy pool
    *serve food (rather than being spoon fed, todds are served food unattended)- only becomes available at certain progress lvl of eating skill
    *Read/ Lullaby to sleep (should be introduced to child as well)
    *Rock to sleep (in arms or arm chair)
    *let listen to voice - available when sim multitasks phone and holding todd
    *Potty train on special toilet seat- becomes available when todd apparently mastered potty training skill and sim is testing if the potty training paid off
    *take for swim - pool, kiddy pool
    *ask for 'up-up' (lift me gesture) - initiated by todd
    *todds should be placed in the lap of a sim if a sim witches to sitting position while holding the todd.
    *aww and/or goodnight kiss - while todd sleeps
    *sing to/clap to *instrument*

Alien todds:
    special skill synchronize -todds send out brainwaves and performs self hypnosis to learn lullabies, songs from other sims/radio faster than normal todds. (would be associated with appropriate animation- *coughs at EA*)

Now I'll turn off my brain a bit and hope that IF someone implements these things they can think of fun ways to integrate new moodlets and emotions into the game play.

Peace.

That is an amazing list.
    Also if they added the Loves Children trait, you should be able to show extra affection through special interactions in the pie menu with that having the Loves Children trait.

Umm also on that note... having babies in prams and also have a blender to mash food up for toddlers that don't have a high eating skill.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited October 2016
    I do miss toddlers so badly by now. I really hope they´ll be adding them back in before all of my friends have stopped playing TS4 for good.

I really would love to have an active kindergarden/daycare "career" for toddlers just like the ones that came with Get to Work (but only without the massive motive decay and an appropriate set of goals).

The career should also be available for adults, they should be able to work from at home too similar to how they will be with the new City Live careers. But of course if you choose to work from at home the toddlers would have to come over to your Sims household and you would have to fulfill the daily tasks on your home lot.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited October 2016
    latest?cb=20100101080740

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but one thing I loved from TS2 was one of the aspiration rewards "Pasteur's HomoGenius Smart Milk"

I'd like to see that make a reappearance as something you can buy with your reward points or earn as a career reward (maybe a childcare career?).

Also I'd really like for toddlers to have a lot more interactive gameplay to them than in the last couple of games, personally I used to just teach them how to walk/talk/go to the toilet just to ensure they'd grow up well, and then age them up because having them around was honestly a pain to contend with.

Having some group family interactions added with the toddlers would be good also, like maybe having more than one parent at once teach them to walk and talk? Or the toddlers attempting to take the first steps on their own? (also having a 'take first steps' option once a toddler has a high enough walking skill would be nice). Maybe also the parent can teach the toddler how to feed themselves and we can have the toddler with food all over it's face have to be cleaned off with a baby wipe by a family member? It's little details like that which I wanted to see with toddlers because in the past I haven't really seen my actual experience reflected very well in gameplay.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • amcroceamcroce Posts: 39 Member
    Adding toddlers would improve the game so much to something that I would buy more expansion packs for. As it is, I like the game but the jump from baby to child is just too big. It even took be a year after Sims 4 came out before I bought it, because I was disappointed in the lack of toddlers. A toddler expansion is 100% something we need.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    One thing I forgot to mention that toddlers used to do, was dance to the music. It was always do cute. My own granddaughter, not yet two, dances to the music.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ibiebermentionsibiebermentions Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm sadly getting bored and tired of the sims 4. A year ago I used to but all the packs of the sims 4 but now I'm realising how much I'm missing the sims 3 and all of the abilities in their. First of all, sims 4 is all about lazy sims who mostly don't go outside because whenever you want to go somewhere you need to wait 2 minutes on the loading screen, there's no open world which makes it boring. Besides that, there are no TODDLERS which is in my opinion the worst about the sims 4. Babies grow into kids which doesn't make it realistic and doesn't give the game a feeling of having a family where the parents and the children both go through some stages which normaly has to include the TODDLER stage. There's so much missing, but please give us toddlers back, there are SO MANY other people who want toddlers back... I'm even thinking about going back to the sims 3 which is currently way better than the sims 4.
  • capricorndogcapricorndog Posts: 19 New Member
    This is the best thread that I have ever read. I've been keeping up with it for months and if toddlers are not added with some of these traits and characteristics then I am going to be severely bothered. Good work with this thread!