Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    What about the toddlers have an imaginary friend just the voidcritters or the monster under the bed on how only the kids can see them why not the toddlers could only see them especially if thier the only child or the youngest one lets say thier siblings is on thier teens it could be like a cute fury looking half animal looking thing.
  • Options
    EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    I thought someone said that toddlers weren't being added to sims 4...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Epochism wrote: »

That's never been said. Well, except by some Simmers who believe it to be the case.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

That's never been said. Well, except by some Simmers who believe it to be the case.

Yeah, lol someone just told me that XD
    I misread a forum post x3

But I think that some ideas for toddlers would be things like: potty training, learning to walk, etc.
    Then again, I'm not really fond of the whole toddlers idea. I wasn't fond of it in sims 3, and I'm still not. I'd rather they just add preteens. I'd buy that expansion. :)

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2016

But I think that some ideas for toddlers would be things like: potty training, learning to walk, etc.
    Then again, I'm not really fond of the whole toddlers idea. I wasn't fond of it in sims 3, and I'm still not. I'd rather they just add preteens. I'd buy that expansion. :)

Well, then I suppose this thread is not for you. SimGuruDrake just asked people to not post here if they do not want to have toddlers added.

Personally, I cannot wait for the little ones to be added. I miss seing genetics beeing passed on throug the generations. I like to guess whose features a Sim has inherited and this is so much more fun with a toddler age group. I´d also would appreciate if EA could enhance babies so that players can see what they inherited from their parents (eye and hair colour and more skintones).
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Toddlers should be optional thing to decide for the player: once a baby is about to group up, a message box appear, asking if the simmer wants to age that baby into toddler or skip that life stage and age him/her up into a child.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    lukas11xxf wrote: »
    Toddlers should be optional thing to decide for the player: once a baby is about to group up, a message box appear, asking if the simmer wants to age that baby into toddler or skip that life stage and age him/her up into a child.

That's basically already a thing. Life stages being optional, I mean. As soon as they age up, make them blow out the candles again and they age up. Or you could always do testingcheats on and then cas.fulleditmode. Then, shift click on the sim and there's the option to do with cas. Press it, and you can completely edit your sim, age involved.
  • Options
    AnnMariaAnnMaria Posts: 181 Member

Yeah, lol someone just told me that XD
    I misread a forum post x3

Oh don't worry hun, toddlers will be better than ever.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15146471#Comment_15146471
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I hope toddlers can have more interactions with children so siblings can play with each other :smile: Also, it would be nice to have pushchairs but without open world I'm not sure how it would work
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Just came here to write more of my ideas I didn't have the time to write last time.

Bring back the option to bath them again because I found the game quit challenging in the sims 2 when we had the option the bath and change there diaper and was pretty disappointed when the options were taken out of the sims 3 I hated how the baby bottles and diapers just disappeared and we couldn't clear them up like you do in real life.

I think if parents work so much there should be a sad moodlet called "Missing mum" because toddlers get separation anxiety when there parents aren't around I know I did when my parents were always working and I had to have baby sitter and maybe with there parents absence they can start playing up more by having tantrums and refusing to cooperate with nannies and babysitter until there parents spend more time with them.

Add a daycare or kindergarden so toddlers can interact and play with other toddlers while learning creativity and speaking skills.

I also think there should be a scolding system similar to the one in the sims 3 generations were they can be grounded only I hope they will expand on that idea and have the ability to put toddlers and children on the naughty step or scold them for bad grade or a toddler playing up in kindergarden.

I would LOVE the toddler escaping crib to come back in this game PLEASE because I found it so funny in the sims 2 were my toddlers would do the great escape at 2:00am to play with the toilet, I think by doing this it should expand there mischief skill and they should get a moodlet called "Up past bedtime" this moodlet can happen when a toddler is not put to bed at a certain time or tey escape there crib.

I imagine toddlers to be quite mischievous so I would love them to get in all sorts of trouble, like refusing food and refusing to go to bed ad escaping it would really make toddlers more fun if they are not always doing as they are told (like real toddlers) and are a bit of work to control, it would be a challenge and I would enjoy them being mischievous and loving.

Toddlers should learn to walk on there own by stand upstair by using furnature to help them aid there way around the house.

I would love more interactions between children and toddlers, like toddlers could have the ability to steal there siblings toys because I used to do that as a toddler and my brother would get pretty annoyed because I used to chew on them and ruin them, I would love siblings so have the ability to look after there sibling if parents are at work and they can't afford a nanny or babysitter. I would LOVE it if you could bring back the ability for children to teach there siblings nursery rhymes like they could I the sims 2 this could boost talking skills so they could learn how to talk.
  • Options
    kristenelenekristenelene Posts: 1 New Member
    I love all of your ideas! I would to see all of them in my sims game along with the toddlers! I hope EA bring them back. My game just doesn't feel complete without them.

And on a side note I would also like to see prom, school activities of children and teens, learning how to drive (cars). I feel what they are putting in game now just doesn't do it for me. I wish our wants will be "granted" here soon.
  • Options
    ladiieashladiieash Posts: 108 Member
    I really hope the toddlers can write on the walls and knock stuff over. lol They could build the mischief skills by doing so! Oh and I hope they have high chairs for dine out. That way we can take the toddlers out to get. They could even knock over food XD
  • Options
    ladiieash wrote: »
    I really hope the toddlers can write on the walls and knock stuff over. lol They could build the mischief skills by doing so! Oh and I hope they have high chairs for dine out. That way we can take the toddlers out to get. They could even knock over food XD

Yes!! Writing on walls is YESSS! Then the parents could have an option to wash walls free from the drawings. Writing on the walls could build creativity for the toddler.
  • Options
    hannahbixby22hannahbixby22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to see most of the things in TS3, I would play that but I love TS4 graphics! I'd love to see rocking chairs, I know we had those in TS3 and it would be great for TS4. Another thing is maybe some more interactions with infants, like being able to walk around with them or sit in a chair with them and stuff. I know this is a toddlers forum but I think having that infant interaction would be great too! And, like many have said, high chairs, strollers, that kind of stuff! I just want to have that interaction like in previous games!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2016
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

If that is where toddlers are heading, good job!
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

It that is where toddlers are heading, good job!

Wow, I need that cute little face in my game NOW! Please, please, please.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

If the so called toddlers are bigger versions of babies, then would they still have the face that babies have? Like, yknow how every baby has the same face? Would thier skin colour, hair and outfit just differ?
    But I gotta say, that toddler is adorable.
  • Options
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

If the so called toddlers are bigger versions of babies, then would they still have the face that babies have? Like, yknow how every baby has the same face? Would thier skin colour, hair and outfit just differ?

Well you see...toddlers are basically babies...so they share similar faces....
  • Options
    AnnMaria wrote: »
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

But not really...when a baby becomes a toddler you can see thier distinct looks--they don't all look the same.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

But not really...when a baby becomes a toddler you can see thier distinct looks--they don't all look the same.

Oh right. I didn't think about that.
    Post edited by AnnMaria on
  • Options
    Mega%20NEPS.jpg

Wow.gif

Oh right. I didn't think about that. +

Hehe, it's fine :)
  • Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruAzure @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruAaron Please, at least give us a hint if toddlers will come back or no! @SimGuruDrake Why did you started this discussion if you don't tell us if they will back or no? I'm sure if you explain for us about them, we will understand you and we'll be more pacient about the EP3 and the others contents that should be included in the future! ;)
  • Options
    DaisDaysDaisDays Posts: 102 Member
    I just want them. Frankly, I don't have specific wishes other than there just being toddles. It would reaaally just make the game so much better for me. I hope they make it work nicely with the aging time though.
  • Options
    PdrHnrqPlay1PdrHnrqPlay1 Posts: 92 Member
    @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruAzure @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruAaron Please, at least give us a hint if toddlers will come back or no! @SimGuruDrake Why did you started this discussion if you don't tell us if they will back or no? I'm sure if you explain for us about them, we will understand you and we'll be more pacient about the EP3 and the others contents that should be included in the future! ;)

Technically it was not they who started this thread. This was only fixed by them. ;)
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    Lets try not to derail this thread to much :)
    I think @sparkfairy1 would like this thread to only include ideas for toddlers if they should come :)