Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    2metr1v.jpg

I need me some family play :#.... And hair movement! ;)
    23rif7.gif
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @DivineHysteria those cribs are incredible!
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    In my opinion, to compensate the waiting for toddlers, you cannot just introduce a game that has toddlers and ask people to PAY for it. It's like something that is supposedly base game content, but no you oblige people to pay for something that is SUPPOSEDLY introduced in the base game.

That is why I'm creating a thread about the EP Tweens and Toddlers. The point of this EP idea is to compensate the wait and disappointment - which is the lack of toddlers - which caused (literally) an outrage among the old simsfans. By adding new concept of Toddlers and TWEENS, it means EA Maxis move back a bit to move forward by a MILE, which would mean positive praise from Sims community! I hope EA and Maxis realize the lack of body height should be solved and not just forgotten.

To have 4 skeletons/bodyheights (Sims4 - baby, child, adult, elder) instead of 6 skeletons (Sims2 - baby, child, tods, teens, adult, elder) is quiet a setback isn't it? So why not compensate that by having the missing 2 body heights back, which is by adding a new age group Toddlers and Tweens

People are outraged about the removal of toddlers, but they also need to realize that the game producers/developers also decided to remove the (proper) teens also!!!!!!! SO don't just be content about the removal of 2 (Sims2) body heights. It's quiet a huge setback.

Some ideas of these tweens, and please comment in the thread. Sorry if it's slightly out of topic.

And BESIDES, previous survey by EA (I'm so happy for this, but scared also if this is not realized) say that pre-teens/tweens will be introduced together with the toddlers. This is GOOD, because they introduce an age group never before seen in Sims PC game (although not in FreeTime, they have that pre-teens age group.)

20379963336_76462c7a4e_c.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-08-14-29-30 by SimsVIP, on Flickr
    20406205555_5e0a9db367_c.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-08-14-29-44 by SimsVIP, on Flickr

Preteens age group
    sims_freeplay___school_tween_by_nef_jessb-d5gq698.jpgschool tweens
    sims_freeplay___tween_girls_by_nef_jessb-d5f80hb.jpgtween girls
    sims_freeplay___tween_boys_by_nef_jessb-d5ft327.jpgtween boys
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Just thought of this when I saw a picture on imgur. For those with Outdoor Retreat: Toy/smaller fishing rods for Tots.

fishing-with-children.jpg?263

89958786-toddler-fishing-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=axYbhb%2BOfoLAZA5MvZp62gxefvLgo7M496TqUxnfvuIovPMxujt4jotO0kb0VFY%2F

Could also have a parent show them the basics. I'm not expecting them to really go catching stuff like their child siblings or their parents, but I do remember my sister and I being taught at a young age how to fish.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2016
    @rochelimit I like the ideas on your thread, but I would prefer if EA would release an EP dedicated to family/younger lifestages and not mix it with other themes, because we all know what happens when they do that: each theme suffers in quality because they tried to do too much on one EP.

I think following kids to school would go well with University. It seems EA is looking to give us at least one new feature in every EP, so this would be a great way to add something new to an education pack, instead of giving us the same old University EP. With a Generations EP they could add the tweens, which is also something new, and even if they patch toddlers for free, they can still give us a lot of new content for them on the EP as well (and let's not forget the babies, children and teens, they also need a lot of attention). It makes more sense this way, I think. At least for me.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    @rochelimit I like the ideas on your thread, but I would prefer if EA would release an EP dedicated to family/younger lifestages and not mix it with other themes, because we all know what happens when they do that: each theme suffers in quality because they tried to do too much on one EP.

I think following kids to school would go well with University. It seems EA is looking to give us at least one new feature in every EP, so this would be a great way to add something new to an education pack, instead of giving us the same old University EP. With a Generations EP they could add the tweens, which is also something new, and even if they patch toddlers for free, they can still give us a lot of new content for them on the EP as well (and let's not forget the babies, children and teens, they also need a lot of attention). It makes more sense this way, I think. At least for me.

I agree!

I've always thought an education pack that introduces boarding schools would be fun. It could be the same idea as University - following your sims to school and focusing on that particular epoch in their lives - but we could do it with kids and teens as well.

If we had that, I would just... I would just....

*Throws money at EA*
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I just thought of another interaction for toddlers. Pushing a toy baby stroller or toy lawn mower.
  • ErszotekErszotek Posts: 3 New Member
    Would really love a co-sleeping option for both babies and toddlers
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    The toddlers should be able to play on the Ipad in game, like kids games. I have several young toddler family members that play on them and it would be realistic!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I want everything in this post, hopefully the devs are working on creating the toddler stage, I want to play families again, bring back my family play! :wink:
  • blondesimmerblondesimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I feel they should make babies be able to be picked up (like the sims 3) and not just be in the Basinet like forever! I usually get a baby and age them up immidiatly bcus there's no use to playing with a baby. Honnestly: TODDLERS. I hope they come!!! I would just have my sims have 1000000s of bABIES!!!lol
    Please @simsgurudrake Please. Please. I'm bored playing ts4. I NEED MORE CONTENT >>> TODDLERS
    DAYCARE
    I feel they should add a DAYCARE where the toodlers/babies/kids can or have been treated very well or super bad. Like the hospital feature they have to check in the babies. And you can decide if the child behaves good or bad and yeah ect...

SICKNESS
    The toddlers get sick (get to work) and must get medicine or go to doctor ect.

OB JECTS
    There should definity be new objects!!! Please. All those ideas in the thread were BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I WILL BE POSTING MORE IDEAS AS I GET THEM LOLOL
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @blondesimmer i may not be a mod on the forum but i would advise you take the time to read the forum rules as posting in all cap is considered yelling and againts the rules and to remain on topic great ideas to all hope toddlers will be added soon in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited March 2016
    Very good thread spark as always! <3 *hugs*

I'm just trying to figure out the most efficient way for the Devs to implement this into the game...

This is very in depth and they need to do this with all stage - really take the time to look at each detail. Or at least toddler-teens and elders (since they are the ones who get less attention compared to YA/Adults).

I suppose they would need separate teams for each stage for us to get the must out of each stage (?). I'm not sure if thats how it is now, but this is very indepth well thought out and I would think they would need teams for each stage. Also they would ofcourse need to have regular meetings to make sure the the stages stay connected together.

I'm guessing experts for each stage could manage each team. From animation to character design etc. You Spark and others on here would be perfect for managing the "toddler team" (the toddlers themselves and how they interact with others). :D

I would love a game where the Sims are this indepth. I know there are teams for Worlds, EP, SP, Buildmode etc, but are there teams for each Sim Stage?

(Okay now I have to continue on reading everyone's comments. o:) )

Edit: As you said Spark this is also good for Sims 5. I hope the Devs read this get a head start on what to do.
    Post edited by Goodywood on
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I have given many ideas for this a year or so before S4 and at other times in the past, but I'm not sure what you have listed. Unfortunately, with several real kids, ect., I don't have time to go through everything, but I still want to list ideas just in case.

As a place of interest for the EP, I would love an adoption agency. Sims would sign in at the front desk as the sims congregate at the desk in the hospital. The receptionist would take the sim/sims back to where the kids are and tell them to let her know when they have found a child they connect with. The sim/sims could play with and talk to the simmer children and get to know them. They could come back and keep getting to know them until they click the child and choose adopt. Perhaps the sim child gets an item for his her inventory; toys for smaller sims and a handset musical item for the teens.

There ideally would be loads of new toys.
    1. I have been requesting simy dolls(barbie), fat baby dolls, and collectable glass dolls for years and I'm not sure why we haven't gotten any
    dolls/decent dolls in the game.
    2. Perhaps boys could have a coin collection(girls & adults could use it too; listing some of this here as I figure the older ones will get a couple
    of things when toddlers come out and an EP is made). Pony/uni/dragon sticks to play ride on. Bubbles.
    3. loved collecting riders in S3 and I hope for new playground equipment.
    4. Pet rocks were cute in S3.
    5. In the toddler area, the S3 toys and furniture/playpen/baby seat/ect. were fun. In addition, a bouncy seat that bounces up and down for
    toddlers would be neat. My small kids have a little tyke mountain that they let cars roll off of. Tractors and bull dozers. Hand twirlers that
    toddlers and kids blow. Books for toddlers to look at. ABC/123 flash cards activity to do with adults. In the clothes section, a diaper, a pull
    up, and trainer panties with cute designs.
    6. In addition to the return of S3 toddler stuff and toys, I'm hoping that earlier Sim games items/activities return as I never got a chance to play
    them. I would love the playing in toilets for toddlers and bath time.
    7. In the infant department, I made a whole subject last week or so in the ideas forum about binding them to other things since it seems they
    have to be bound. Binding to a carseat to be able to be moved around and taken with sims and how about being bound to mats, those back
    attatchments, a stroller, a swing, a real baby bed, a little bouncy seat, a small blow up boat to lay in when in the pool or on water, and a large
    fluffy pillow for starters to whatever else can be thought of.

Can't wait to see what is added in the future. :)<3
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

8dc4fa0e6e9a5296ec3bfafba32a5e17_zpsysnslnfh.jpg

Wow, I didn't know these existed! These would have been perfect for me. I took the side of the crib and pushed it up to the side of my bed but it wasn't very practical. :D

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member

8dc4fa0e6e9a5296ec3bfafba32a5e17_zpsysnslnfh.jpg

Wow, I didn't know these existed! These would have been perfect for me. I took the side of the crib and pushed it up to the side of my bed but it wasn't very practical. :D

My grandmother actually had something like this for one of her upstairs beds when we were younger, although it wasn't a crib, it was more of a cot placed next to the bed. Full length of it too, although it was against a wall and you'd have to either crawl over people or scoot down and over the foot of the bed to get out if you were the first up (Christmas!) and you wanted to go to the bathroom...lol. Was eventually taken out once my sister and I were older and they moved the dresser around.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    I really hope they add toddlers
    bethyGrace wrote: »

I agree!

I've always thought an education pack that introduces boarding schools would be fun. It could be the same idea as University - following your sims to school and focusing on that particular epoch in their lives - but we could do it with kids and teens as well.

If we had that, I would just... I would just....

*Throws money at EA*

yeah school is something new, plus imagine if you can have active career as either students or teachers. take my money EA!!!

Alas, no news of this yet
    so, I will just post the entire idea from my thread so people would read and support here also. But you are welcome to support the original thread as well in here by leaving comments, saying yas, or tagging gurus :smile:

Very sorry if this is against the thread rule. But there are toddlers here so...

THREAD: SIMS 4 BACK TO SCHOOL: TODDLERS & TWEENS

I imagine a new EP titled Sims 4 Back to School.

This will introduce 2 new age groups: toddlers and tweens, completing the age group into 8: baby, toddler, child, tween, teen, y adult, adult, and elder.

New interaction specific to tweens and toddlers. Obviously the missing toddlers will have its original animation back such as 'teach to potty'. The tweens however has a new set of animations never seen before in Sims game (throw temper tantrum (emotion going wild/extreme), and ability to play in child playground) and some classic one (return of the 'jumping on sofa and bed' and 'gussy up' if the tweens develop acnes - which this time - unlike in Sims2 - causes embarrassed moodlet).

New furnitures for nursing purpose of toddlers obviously (return of the potty) and ability to create a nursing set, crates, diaper changing area, motor-building skills, all the cute stuffs. Also the ceiling fan, which activates new animation for tweens: hanging on the ceiling fan, just like the old Sims 2 trailer

New event, ability to join competition to gain extra performance skill: 'toddlers and tiaras' for the todds, and 'spelling bee' for the tweens

New lots (make use of GTW concept):, schools and ability to create your own school and syllabus!
    > Kindergarten for child
    > Middle School for tweens
    > 3 Type of School for teens depending on the performance of the tween age group in the Middle School: the normal school, somber military school for delinquent teens (return of sims2 obstacle course), or Eton-like prestigious school for the genius (ballet pole, harpsichord).
    > Ability to work on school syllabus, modifying set of goals for students to achieve high mark, among them is telescope-ing, microscope-ing, sports, social, all the fun school activities. simmer will spend tons of hour creating their own school.
    > Ability to home-school. Call your phone and select home school, and voila, no pesky call from school head master.
    > Return of the "invite head master for dinner" (from Sims2). This will open the possibility for scholarship to the Eton-like prestigious school

New profession
    > School Education active career, making use of the active career from GTW. Education starts as Assistant, continue to Teacher (with its own teaching set of goals) and finally School Master.
    > Students (a profession in its own), sim will allocate time for study, recess, and study again; during which they will be able to listen teacher attentively or chitchat with other students. Exam will occur every semester (similar with University), and cheating is possible. Successful tweens or teens can join a prom, and they are of shorter size than the young adults.

Return of university for the young adult
    obviously in separate EP, plus ability for gothic-themed magical university in other EP

What do you think guys? This will solve our itch for the ridiculous transition from the 'too short child' to 'too tall teen' and the request for toddlers. I hope Maxis will consider this and I would be grateful if everybody can bump this thread up so Maxis team will take notice of this :)

To have 4 skeletons/bodyheights (Sims4 - baby, child, adult, elder) instead of 6 skeletons (Sims2 - baby, child, tods, teens, adult, elder) is quiet a setback isn't it? So why not compensate that by having the missing 2 body heights back, which is by adding a new age group Toddlers and Tweens

This is the main point of the EP Tweens and Toddlers. Another point of the EP is to compensate the wait and disappointment - which is the lack of toddlers - which caused (literally) an outrage among the old simsfans. By adding new concept of Toddlers and TWEENS, it means EA Maxis move back a bit to move forward by a MILE, which would mean positive praise from Sims community! I hope EA and Maxis realize the lack of body height should be solved and not just forgotten.

People are outraged about the removal of toddlers, but they also need to realize that the game producers/developers also decided to remove the (proper) teens also!!!!!!! SO don't just be content about the removal of 2 (Sims2) body heights. It's quiet a huge setback.

YEah, perhaps we have to pay for the toddlers, but the additions of tweens and schools make it worth. So I hope EA and Maxis consider this and also help spread the idea.

update 24 Jan 2016
    A little reminder for Sims 4 gamedev, they owe us something:
    Sims4_zpsevlatxcy.jpg

Original thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833625/sims-4-back-to-school-toddlers-and-tweens/p1
  • kater95kater95 Posts: 5 New Member
    I think it would be cool to maybe have daycares that you can send your toddler to or even preschool. Teen sims can become babysitters so maybe if we could make it a bit complex with the Get To Work expansion pack, we can travel with our teen sims to take care of the kids and toddlers!
  • tarw_tarw_ Posts: 1 New Member
    If they add toddlers in The Sims 4, I would like to see more interactions with pets, if you create a pets expansion that is. You probably will add a pets expansion, wouldn't be surprised if it is the next EP.
    This one might sound a 'tiny' bit sad, but another thing is, lots of people keep saying that teaching toddlers to walk, talk or potty training should effect their lives in their future. I agree 110% and my 'tiny' bit sad thing is that, if the toddlers don't learn to walk and they try to crawl up/down the stairs, they might tumble onto the next step down and need to be helped by older sims ( But that is just my thought. A bit pointless but still, as Tesco's, a shop in the UK, says "Every little helps!")
    I also think it would be cute if a toddler falls over, then an older sim can kneel down and kiss there knee and that can even build on to friendship (relationship status).
    @SimGuruDrake I just tagged you so you might see this.
  • excentric1989excentric1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I would like from toddlers in TS4 is for there not to be penalties for not teaching your child every skill available to them. It seemed like in TS3 that my adults never got to work on their goals cause they were too busy trying to hurry up and teach these little brats all the skills they need so that they didn't risk ending up with a bad trait. Maybe instead making the desire to teach your toddler the skills part of the Family Aspiration. That way, both toddlers and the parents win
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Here's an idea:

If you teach the toddler how to walk then you can select a walk style once they are a teen, if you don't teach then to walk then you are stuck with the default walk.

Or maybe they will be stuck with another funny walkstyle like goofy walk.
    tenor.gif