Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    teciatecia Posts: 164 Member
    Toddler Ideas...
    • teens,adults and elders should be able to rock them to sleep and hold them while they are sleeping
    • if cars make a return there should be car seats for toddlers
    • toddlers should have more drink options than milk. They should be able to drink juice and if there parents want them on a organic diet they should be able to put fresh produce in the blender to make drinks
    • toddlers should be able to eat the same food that adults make so the interaction to blend food or crush food should be available
    • Toddlers should eventually learn to feed themselves. At the beginning of the age group they should be fed by a family member until they are capable of feeding themselves
    • Toddlers climb up onto chairs and sofas to sit down
    • If toddlers are sitting on the couch they could watch tv while drinking a bottle and even fall asleep while drinking their bottle
    • during the day toddlers could nap on the sofa
    • parents should be able to teach toddlers to swim, walk, talk and use the potty
    • there could be groups that parents can go to such as toddler swimming lessons
    • there should be the option of babysitters or a daycare location that sims can drop their toddlers off at
    • sims should also be able to open their own daycare
    • toddlers should be allowed to be taken out into the neighbourhood
    • there should be strollers so that sims can take their kids out to the neighbourhood. single and double strollers should be available as well as baby reigns for when the toddler learns how to walk and so that the parent is not stuck at home if they have more than one toddler
    • strollers should fold down so that they don't take up to much room in the house
    • toddlers should fall asleep if they are tired while in a stroller. Parents can push the toddler around the neighbourhood in the stroller to make them fall asleep if the toddler is having sleeping problems
    • If the toddler falls asleep in the stroller the sleeping toddler should be able to be taken out of the stroller and put into a crib
    • baby gates should be available to stop toddlers playing in the toilet
    • toys= swings, rocking horse, xylophone, playpen, bouncer, drawing/painting table, sand pit, baby pool, toddler slide, water + sand table, dolls, bears, cars, play mats
    • while playing at the drawing table or sandpit toddlers clothes can get dirty so parents have to change their clothes
    • there could be a changing bag which parents take out with them when going to the neighbourhood with a toddler where they have to choose one of their outfit options as a spare outfit that they are taking with them. They can also keep other toddler things that they have to bring in the bag such as bottles which stay fresh in the bag, diapers, pacifier and toddlers favourite toy
    • toddlers should have tantrums and if they have a tantrum while tired toddlers should fall asleep
    • read books with toddlers/draw/ play with toys
    • toddler slings which the toddler can be brought out in and also be held in at home if the parent needs to do housework and the toddler is having a clingy day
    • baby monitor,rocking chair, changing table, baby bath
    Hey Guys. My name is Couture Simmer and I have a Youtube channel with Sims 4 Speedbuilds, CAS Videos/Lookbook Fashion Shows and Lets Play Videos. I created the Sims 4 Hidden Princess Challenge which can be found on my youtube channel here

Origin ID: CoutureSimmer
    Simblr
    Twitter
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have seen the new 'toddler hint'

Now I don't want to be mean but let's not get too excited here, we all know what happens when a hint gets brushed off as nothing. Remember last year when there was a rumour that toddlers where coming? Turned out to be anything but, they gave away some Star Wars outfits for free...

So you never know, this toddler hint could be more Star Wars stuff in disguise! ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2016

Now I don't want to be mean but let's not get too excited here, we all know what happens when a hint gets brushed off as nothing. Remember last year when there was a rumour that toddlers where coming? Turned out to be anything but, they gave away some Star Wars outfits for free...

So you never know, this toddler hint could be more Star Wars stuff in disguise! ;)

Exactly but I'm still gonna be happy and join in :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Let's not derail the thread with the speculation-there are other threads in general discussing that :)
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member

Or Easter merchandise! lols
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    YoshiSimsYoshiSims Posts: 209 Member
    tecia wrote: »
    Toddler Ideas...
    • teens,adults and elders should be able to rock them to sleep and hold them while they are sleeping
    • if cars make a return there should be car seats for toddlers
    • toddlers should have more drink options than milk. They should be able to drink juice and if there parents want them on a organic diet they should be able to put fresh produce in the blender to make drinks
    • toddlers should be able to eat the same food that adults make so the interaction to blend food or crush food should be available
    • Toddlers should eventually learn to feed themselves. At the beginning of the age group they should be fed by a family member until they are capable of feeding themselves
    • Toddlers climb up onto chairs and sofas to sit down
    • If toddlers are sitting on the couch they could watch tv while drinking a bottle and even fall asleep while drinking their bottle
    • during the day toddlers could nap on the sofa
    • parents should be able to teach toddlers to swim, walk, talk and use the potty
    • there could be groups that parents can go to such as toddler swimming lessons
    • there should be the option of babysitters or a daycare location that sims can drop their toddlers off at
    • sims should also be able to open their own daycare
    • toddlers should be allowed to be taken out into the neighbourhood
    • there should be strollers so that sims can take their kids out to the neighbourhood. single and double strollers should be available as well as baby reigns for when the toddler learns how to walk and so that the parent is not stuck at home if they have more than one toddler
    • strollers should fold down so that they don't take up to much room in the house
    • toddlers should fall asleep if they are tired while in a stroller. Parents can push the toddler around the neighbourhood in the stroller to make them fall asleep if the toddler is having sleeping problems
    • If the toddler falls asleep in the stroller the sleeping toddler should be able to be taken out of the stroller and put into a crib
    • baby gates should be available to stop toddlers playing in the toilet
    • toys= swings, rocking horse, xylophone, playpen, bouncer, drawing/painting table, sand pit, baby pool, toddler slide, water + sand table, dolls, bears, cars, play mats
    • while playing at the drawing table or sandpit toddlers clothes can get dirty so parents have to change their clothes
    • there could be a changing bag which parents take out with them when going to the neighbourhood with a toddler where they have to choose one of their outfit options as a spare outfit that they are taking with them. They can also keep other toddler things that they have to bring in the bag such as bottles which stay fresh in the bag, diapers, pacifier and toddlers favourite toy
    • toddlers should have tantrums and if they have a tantrum while tired toddlers should fall asleep
    • read books with toddlers/draw/ play with toys
    • toddler slings which the toddler can be brought out in and also be held in at home if the parent needs to do housework and the toddler is having a clingy day
    • baby monitor,rocking chair, changing table, baby bath

I've been thinking about car seats since Sims 3.
    Sims 3 Store Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SharnyaY
    Mod The Sims: Yoshiiteza
    Orign: Yoshi-iteza
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I don't know if it was mentioned before

But tub-bathing and sink bathing needs to happen with both babies & toddlers.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Or Easter merchandise! lols

Easter Bunnies are coming? That could be a hint for Pets ;)

But yes, let's not derail the thread with the speculation. The new thread is quite fun at the moment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    #Toddlersarecoming
    CdpyoXUW0AEgUbe.jpg

Now THIS could be a hint!!! :D

excited-baby_zpszdwd9yfy.gif

Oh, and I want this kind of excitement from toddlers! They should just break out in song, and dance around! :D

Edit: Nooo - sorry, I thought I was editing my old comment :(
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    It's too late. My heart is cold and black, numb from the acceptance of them never coming back.
    ...At least I thought so. What- what is this feeling? Like the Grinch on Christmas, I...

No, I can't just feel again! My heart's hope valve is broken like my clumsy Sim's faucet every other two minutes. Think of the parts leftover if you just repair it all willynilly out of nowhere like this! :s
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Just thought of something: Stroller/Carrier combos. Usually they're for stroller/carseat combos, but if they were to be done earlier, a Stroller/Carrier option would be nice. Then again I'm thinking more along the lines of babies as they would be small enough for such a concept. Thinking about my boss and their lil guy around Christmas. Brought him in to the office party in one of those. Don't ask me how the little slept through it all. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Thank you @bekkasan :) if you have a request feel free to post in either the feedback or ideas sections and tag SimGuruDrake or leave her a link on her wall. Please don't derail this ideas thread- @SimGuruDrake and I have asked very nicely for you to respect the purpose of the thread. Thank you :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Nice and fun ideas. I also would like some interactions from TS2 and TS3 to come back for TS4. Need more family interactions with children. More toys and more activities.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited March 2016
    To be fair, there is nothing more basic in human life than learning, growing, and thinking. All of which manifest through the toddler years. Physical, emotional, and cognitive skills are tuned into daily life and lead us to grow into beings with our own personalities.

Your ideas are important just like everyone's, but I only assume that The Sims team can only do so much at a single time. At this point in time their feedback focus seems to be this thread (that we can see publicly).

Back on topic: I have high hopes for toddlers in The Sims 4. I want to see them grow, develop, and change into the child Sims that they become. I'd love to see their personalities take shape. They are literally a blank slate as a baby in the game. Growing that personality trait at the beginning should be a momentous occasion (if they keep babies as they are). I think not having a personality trait would be a travesty. I don't know if they will just have one or if it will add a slot to the rest of the stages.
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Formal wear for toddlers a little suit either with a vest or jacket for the little boys and a nice party like dress with lace for the little girls, nice for family pics.

I agree with this. I want to add:

8a4200787fa4b9e6bf0b14e499df4f0e.jpg

I tried finding a lace dress, but I ended up finding this instead.

toddler-flower-girl-dresses-1.jpg

I hope there will be an abundance of choices, though. I'll share more when I find them. :smiley:

I like your choice for a little girl.

Aww, thank you. :blush:
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Formal wear for toddlers a little suit either with a vest or jacket for the little boys and a nice party like dress with lace for the little girls, nice for family pics.

I agree with this. I want to add:

8a4200787fa4b9e6bf0b14e499df4f0e.jpg

I tried finding a lace dress, but I ended up finding this instead.

toddler-flower-girl-dresses-1.jpg

I hope there will be an abundance of choices, though. I'll share more when I find them. :smiley:

You can find adorable toddler formal wear in places that offer wedding clothing. Flower girls and ring bearer clothing is adorable and these little ones often get more attention at weddings than the bride and groom even. LOL.

Like this link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ring+bearer+and+flower+girl+formal+attire&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG2fnElMPLAhWFkx4KHQzMAB0QsAQIHA&biw=1903&bih=954

Or this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Toddler+age+formal+and+wedding+attire&tbm=isch&imgil=gcgzcJE_sKiSLM%3A%3B20b8FmM60IyV5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fbhp%252Fkids-dresses&source=iu&pf=m&fir=gcgzcJE_sKiSLM%3A%2C20b8FmM60IyV5M%2C_&usg=__5j8iw2jCcKk8HSc-kl9ZpNK9HY8=&biw=1903&bih=954&ved=0ahUKEwjdq-K9k8PLAhXMmh4KHXayB7cQyjcIKg&ei=tz3oVp30G8y1evbknrgL#imgrc=gcgzcJE_sKiSLM:

Or this the Sweetie pie collection -

http://www.sweetiepiecollection.com/

Society Bride: for ring bearers mainly:

http://societybride.com/tag/ring-bearer-outfit/

Or these are just adorable:
    http://blog.tk-designs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_0573_lg.png

http://madamenoire.com/556890/freakin-adorable-flower-girl-dresses/5/

http://www.wilsdom.com/product275.html

http://myspice.tv/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/isossy-Little-Sapeurs-Pret-a-Poundo-5.jpg

Oh, my goodness!
    I'm loving all of these. Thank you so much for the links!
    I wish all of these outfits can make it into the game, though I'm sure custom content will come into play, too. :smiley:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Am I the only one who would like this hairstyle back? :)

hTSO1Kc.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

hTSO1Kc.png

Nope!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Hey I just wish that someone would respect my wishes and hopes and ideas for the game too, is that way too much to ask for? :(
    Also yes I DO need toddlers but why should they ignore other Simmers' ideas for other parts of the game then? Seems very disrespectful to me and some other players too :(

I can understand. I put in a lot of ideas.
    The reason this is being highlighted is because the toddler issue has been a thing since the beginnings of TS4.
    This is a thread dedicated to one subject, and like @SimGuruDrake and @sparkfairy1 said, it should be just that.
    Assuming the issue will be resolved soon, there will be time to highlight ideas like yours as well.

When I post an idea, I'm sure one person has read it. I don't believe ideas are ignored.
    I'm really having trouble finding better words...
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Should I protest and ask @SimGuruDrake if she could stick an OFB 2.0 EP ideas thread too? I am not happy that nobody wants that for TS4 :( I don't care for EPs like Pets and Seasons yet, I need basic things first! :/

To be fair, there is nothing more basic in human life than learning, growing, and thinking. All of which manifest through the toddler years. Physical, emotional, and cognitive skills are tuned into daily life and lead us to grow into beings with our own personalities.

Your ideas are important just like everyone's, but I only assume that The Sims team can only do so much at a single time. At this point in time their feedback focus seems to be this thread (that we can see publicly).

Back on topic: I have high hopes for toddlers in The Sims 4. I want to see them grow, develop, and change into the child Sims that they become. I'd love to see their personalities take shape. They are literally a blank slate as a baby in the game. Growing that personality trait at the beginning should be a momentous occasion (if they keep babies as they are). I think not having a personality trait would be a travesty. I don't know if they will just have one or if it will add a slot to the rest of the stages.

I agree with all of this. :smile:

Related side note: I think Toddlers learning to share/trade could be a thing in TS4. (Business skills, maybe?)

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2016
    I do like how toddler's move around and how much content they have In buy mode for the sims free play!

They can do so much more and would love to see them be like this in the sims 4.

They can use more household items to and eat
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

hTSO1Kc.png

As an accessory, yes.
    Maybe the full thing; a lot of toddlers don't have long hair. :smile:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016

hTSO1Kc.png

As an accessory, yes.
    Maybe the full thing; a lot of toddlers don't have long hair. :smile:

I don't think it could be an accessory (hat would be the right term). It would have to work with all the hairs for that, remember, not sure they could do that. But I don't see the issue with it being a normal hairstyle in which you can put hats on top.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66 hopefully your ideas will get noticed too :)

I love that hairstyle @Sigzy05 :) when I was a baby I had wispy hair like that for a while! :)

@KitOnlyHuman thanks for that lovely reply-you articulated it much better than I could :)