Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Maddanna amazing posts <3

I love all the ideas so far, you really are very clear on what you want to see and I think that's needed :)
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Thank you @simgurudrake for acknowledging this thread.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    @maddanna what a great list you've put together.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I forgot to mention this in my first post but I would hope toddlers share the same skills as children so you have enough time to fully prepare your child before they become a (pre)teen.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I think I'll just say "ditto" for everything above. Everyone has already voiced the things I would like to see. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    I posted this in a message to SimGuruDrake, but I figure I might as well post it here too in bits at least. Basically it is in reference to toddlers and family play in general. I do feel sorry she might have to read it all since I type too much, so sorry SimGuruDrake.

"I'm mostly a chaotic family player which works well for my deviant style to be combined with family play at times. I like giving families from bad situations a good life because it is what I hope for in my own life. Raising kids is interesting at least from raising two so far. Both are boys and half brothers, one toddler age and the other a child. I like to joke that if toddlers were to return to the Sims 4, my youngest nephew will have already been through that stage of his life. One of the first things they learn to do is talk a few words or maybe a letter. Then they learn to walk. Then they learn to talk and sing. Then they learn to talk full sentences and LOL that can be interesting sometimes.

I did take a child development class too which I actually would recommend for any Guru wanting to research family play. Baby and toddler life stages are the most crucial parts of growing up. Some of the events that happen during that time help shape who a person will become later on in life. Like losing a father at a young age can have effects on a child while growing up or when a divorce happens or abuse. Happy and sad events like that can shape a person who they are later in life. Why when the Sims 4 was advertised I really thought emotions and reactions to events were going to have a lasting effect in the game, so that was a disappointment.

My ideal family play situation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w&amp;ab_channel=ElectronicArts
    I mean toddlers and babies causing chaos yet being so cute at the same time would be awesome. As much as the Sims 2 did life stages and family play well, there is just so much more potential for it. Other aspects of family play that are important to me are pets and supernaturals. So Sims having hybrid life states makes stories really interesting to tell.

My eldest nephew is a homebody, heavy sleeper, loves drawing and painting, likes video games, likes to read, a hard worker, likes to talk a lot, and wishes to be an gardener or engineer when he grows up. He basically likes fixing things, so he's handy. His favorite toys are a penguin stuff animal and his Baymax toy, and RC cars. He loved going on his bouncer. My youngest nephew also likes the bouncer. His favorite toys are a gorilla stuff animal named Bob and a baby doll named Carl and a Wonder Woman doll. He loves to sing, yet is shy, and lately only wants family to hold him.

These are just some real life tips I've learned from raising my nephews. Some diaper changing tips for baby and toddlers. Coconut butter and and eczema cream help with rashes. Make sure baby doesn't fall during a diaper change. Make sure to get the diaper on them because they will pee on you at some point. Some other tips. Toddlers will get into everything and make sure to baby proof the house. Toddlers are able to take off the plug protectors, so important to keep an eye on them. They will likely fall and cut their lip. Make sure toddlers don't get too close to the TV since it is bad for their eyes, but they will try to do it anyway. Basically they test your boundaries and will do things even if you say no. They will grab and pull a cat's tail and other parts of her body so make sure the cat doesn't scratch them. They will try to grab food as you feed them and throw food at you. They will make a mess. Bouncers are wonderful for building their strength for walking. Walkers are actually bad according to studies. Car seats are pricey and recommended to be rear facing until two and then face front after that. Strollers are nice for walks and for walking dogs. There is something called a bobby which is good for babies that looks like a C and helps them learn to sit. Leashes are great for toddlers especially to prevent them from running away from you at public locations. Singing and rocking puts babies and toddlers to sleep. Expect them to throw up on you so good to have a fabric diaper for that and baby wipes."

Congrats on getting the thread to announcements sparkfairy. I hope the 1 year quest of trying to get Maxis to understand family play will pay off with this thread and your other thread. I miss you too.

This trailer is AMAZING!!
    Although I think the showing breasts thing is a little bit over, it's really a nice trailer and makes me wanna play TS2. Haha. :D
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2016
    Why was this moved to announcements? :o !!! That has me all kinds of excited like why the official announcement? Could it mean they're being developed now and the gurus want more feedback? They djd say ep 3 is in development it could be generations. Or maybe it's sim guru Drakes way at hinting at us? I mean cause this has feedback written all over it so why did she move it to general discussion?

I'm probably looking too much into it but can ya blame me? Anyway I'll participate!

I like things like teaching how to walk talk etc but a few simmers have mentioned that they dislike how you get a random trait if you don't so let's remove that system. We can have toddler aspirations like kids have em. Bring back smart milk too as an object parent aspiration reward for those who just want to skip the teaching.

I don't know anything about breastfeeding but are toddlers at an appropriate age to still be breastfed? When does a mother usually ween off of that cause thatd be interesting.

Strollers would be nice but I NEED my cuddles. I adored it when the sim parent would kiss their toddler goodnight.

Bring back supernatural learning too. Right now we only have alien supernatural babies but eventually improve em please. Like a witch toddler in sims 3 would sometimes make their toys magically dissapear. A vampire toddler in sims three would try to bite their teddy bears necks.

Edit: I think it's an announcement because Drake wanted to hear our family play ideas from the other thread :)
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    In GuruGrant Conan's Stream he mentioned that they want to add things that would bring an interest factor or some degree of fun to the game.
    Toddlers can do this. Kids can too. Punish us with with tantrums. A feature addition like this in both children and toddlers would bring humor and a challenge to the game.
    Give me this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO5LK39Ko8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9MM49qgIQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ujm0JWEhY
    I would recommend watching a couple episodes of "Super Nanny" for research (if you don't have kids yourselves)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    When i think of Toddlers... I want them to be able to autonomously be able to draw on the wall, range in different personalities, learn to walk by tempting to grab things besides being taught, and being fun but more challenging in game.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I only ask for one thing: Do not bound them. As one that has little cousins and friends with little ones around this age, let my sims also suffer the running of the bathtime toddler that tracks water everywhere, and then the love of them when they reach for hugs.

And for us with Get to Work, don't forget alien toddlers.

Okay that makes it two things but still.

Should anything come about this, that is all I ask as everyone else can give you more ideas.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Being able to bathe them also.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2016
    I want all of the above! :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.