Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else tired of this?

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    @StarlingGray They reduced death by a lot because players thought it too hard to keep their Sims alive in the Sims 3. I hope they don't reduce the amount for the bills because right now, I think they are just right. Many players are complaining it is too hard for Sims to make money and the bills are too high.

I agree, bills and wages should be left as-is. I really wish people would stop trying to get every scrap of challenge removed from this game. There's already plenty of cheats and lifetime rewards for players who want things to be easy.

Also, I didn't find it hard at all to keep Sims alive in Sims 3. I don't know what people were doing exactly but I only had a Sim die accidentally twice in the years I played that game. Once was from a meteor, and I let I that happen because the game had plenty of warning to let you avoid that. The second time was from a vending machine falling on one of my Sims, and even that was more or less triggered by me because I made her shake the thing. All deaths in Sims 3 were completely avoidable as long as you were playing attention. So again, I really don't know how people thought this was too difficult.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm not tried since I've never experienced this.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    chocis wrote: »
    @Piperbird I agree that emotions system is not properly balanced and going from negative emotions to happy because of a painting/ trait moodlet doesn't make a lot of sense. But are you sure you can't keep your Sim focused because of that? I mean, happy moodlets are supposed to strengthen other positive emotions. So if you had, for an example, +2 focused, +1 happy and then got +2 happy because of going outdoors, the moodlets should sum up giving you +5 very focused. Maybe the focused moodlet came from object buff so when you left the room you lost it and that's why it went to simply happy or something like that?

No, I make sure every item in my house has the emotional aura turned off, so I can try to control the emotions with specific items turned on for it or with activities. As you can see in the pic I posted above, it doesn't strengthen other emotions, no matter how much I have of a certain emotion, Sims with Loves the Outdoors trait switch to Happy the moment they go outside. Even when I place emotional items outdoors (enabled), they show the moodlet for the item, but the Sim is still Happy.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Piperbird The happy moodlet boost the other positive emotions. If a Sim is happy but you place the focused decor, the happy moodlet is going to boost the focused moodlet. The Sim should be focused not happey. So, the Sims in your game are not getting the boost from the happy moodlet to the focused, instead they are are just remaining happy? What objects are you placing?

The loves outdoor trait automatically gives Sims a happy moodlet when the are outdoors so it seems as though the trait is working correctly in your game.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    graventhe wrote: »
    It's been since the game released and EA didn't do anything to tweak this , it becoming really annoying , it should've been fixed a long ago
    Sims constantly changing their emotions every seconds or even half second!
    They go from sad to very happy in a second because there's 'nice decor' -_-
    really EA ?
    They go from embarrassed to very playful when just bathing
    That's not too of an issue for me

The one mostly annoying is when they go from very sad or sad to very happy because a nice decor around then when they go to a room with no decor they are sad again -_-

Seriously EA do something please

Nope. Not tired of it at all. Quit playing. Game reminds me too much of another sims game I find too shallow, and every patch brings it closer to this inevitable end.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    @Piperbird The happy moodlet boost the other positive emotions. If a Sim is happy but you place the focused decor, the happy moodlet is going to boost the focused moodlet. The Sim should be focused not happey. So, the Sims in your game are not getting the boost from the happy moodlet to the focused, instead they are are just remaining happy? What objects are you placing?

The loves outdoor trait automatically gives Sims a happy moodlet when the are outdoors so it seems as though the trait is working correctly in your game.

The only objects I use are the emotion lamps (aura turned off unless I need that emotion). Even if a Sim loves the outdoors, Happy should not replace emotions in seconds. That is not realistic at all. If a Very Angry Sim goes outside, let it go to Angry after 20 seconds or so, then Fine after another short while, then Happy. Flipping from Very Angry to Happy stepping through the door makes no sense at all.

If you have a Loves the Outdoors Sim that needs to be in a different mood while outside, too bad.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The moodlet from loves the outdoors is very strong and hard to override with something negative, it's a +2 buff iirc.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    @Piperbird It is possible to get Sims in another positive mood because the moodlet from the Loves Outdoor trait is supposed to boost the other positive moodlets. If it is not boosting the other positive moodlets and your Sim is remaining happy, then you have a bug. So your Sim can be outside with the Loves Outdoor trait and get boosts to any of the positive emotions. This will change the Sim's emotion to the other positive emotion and the happy moodlet will be a boost for that emotion.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think is too much too. Environment effect is cool but should be very small compared to the rest of things going on.
    @StarlingGray the mod still works for you? The one from Dr Chillgood? Or some other mod?
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I think is too much too. Environment effect is cool but should be very small compared to the rest of things going on.
    @StarlingGray the mod still works for you? The one from Dr Chillgood? Or some other mod?

The Dr Chillgood mod still works for me. I'm hoping another modder will eventually take it over since it is inevitable that a patch will break it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    @Piperbird It is possible to get Sims in another positive mood because the moodlet from the Loves Outdoor trait is supposed to boost the other positive moodlets. If it is not boosting the other positive moodlets and your Sim is remaining happy, then you have a bug. So your Sim can be outside with the Loves Outdoor trait and get boosts to any of the positive emotions. This will change the Sim's emotion to the other positive emotion and the happy moodlet will be a boost for that emotion.

Well, here's the picture again. Very Angry to Happy in one second. You can see the two Angry Moodlets are still there. Happy isn't boosting the angry, it completely over-rode it. I have no mods, no CC, base game only. If this is a glitch, it is in the game and there's nothing I can do about it.
    05-24-15_1-07nbspPM_zpsjfopyqxz.png

This game is full of bugs and problems. It is a buggy, unplayable mess that I give up trying to play almost immediately. People whine constantly about TS3, but I never have any problems playing it. Half my photobucket is pictures of houses I've built, and the other half is screenshots of problems.
    @Piperbird the point they were trying to make is that happy boosts other positive emotions, specifically referring to your complaint that happy from being outdoors was overriding Focused.

Anger is not a positive emotion, so yes, enough +Happy buffs will overpower it.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016

I think part of the problem is the emotions are combined into one entire facet. In a previous game. The environment was separate form the emotional systems. Now it's all combined into one. This was also a major annoyance of mine. The only way I could appreciate it was to use a mod that disabled environmental emotions. But if I had to use a mod, it simply means the game was poorly designed. It's not a bug.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    @Piperbird the point they were trying to make is that happy boosts other positive emotions, specifically referring to your complaint that happy from being outdoors was overriding Focused.

Anger is not a positive emotion, so yes, enough +Happy buffs will overpower it.

I didn't say anything about happy overriding focused. I said happy overrode angry because I needed to kick over a garbage can, and the option wasn't available unless I was angry.

Focused overrode Inspired in the house due to a Genius trait. I had worked to get Inspired for work, but it switched to Focused instead.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I didn't mind the decorated moodlet in TS3 cause it only added a bit to your mood. Here, emotions are so in your face its hard to ignore it, especially when you need to be in a specific mood for a job. Like I might need to be inspired, but the game will instead decide to boost my focused emotion instead
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Hm, don't think I have this problem, really.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @graventhe You definitely bring up a good point. My Sim was very embarrassed after getting her marriage proposal rejected. Not that I wanted her to die, but I've never had my Sim in a mortified mood state. But I was ready to go with the story if she did die of embarrassment. As soon as she got home, she was happy again, because of the decor she had in her home. She just got rejected for marriage, you would think one would be embarrassed for a longer period of time.
    I like the emotions, but they definitely need to be toned down a bit, so they aren't switching constantly. I don't even have that many decorations up in my home, as I don't want my Sims switching from energized to focused to inspired, etc. so quickly.

Wow... you had a lucky escape there as normally taking a mortified sim into an environment that has many happy aura buffs pushes the sim even further into mortification as that normally is an over-riding moodlet!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    ETThVUw.jpg

Does this room have alot of expensive decor to change my sim mood ? I guess not!
    Believe it or not my very sad sim (who has been cheated on) when walked into the room turned happy!
    Emotions does need a tweak ! A proper tweak!

Yes, it does.
    It's easy enough to avoid decorating the house, sure, but then it just leaves it feeling plain and boring, and we shouldn't have to do that.
    I honestly wish that they had limited the decor buff to particular traits, such as Snob and Materialistic. If not that, then lower how happy it makes Sims, because in my opinion, a Sim who's just been through something negative shouldn't automatically become happy by being surrounded by a few decor items.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Yes, they should tweak this.
    Or we should say that sims are all precarious ? :D
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I guess that Sims just have to live in a world where lithium doesn't exist. It's sad, really.
    Then again, I never pay much attention to the state a Sim is in. In all iterations, your Sim eventually makes it to the top anyway. Even the losers are winners if you don't focus on them losing all the time.
    I do think that Maxis should just phase the emotions out and slowly return to the TS3 way of doing things. That also wasn't perfect, but at least it made a little sense.

Well if we're going to downgrade, drop it to TS2 please. Wants and Fears systems makes way more sense then moodlets and whims.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    ETThVUw.jpg

Does this room have alot of expensive decor to change my sim mood ? I guess not!
    Believe it or not my very sad sim (who has been cheated on) when walked into the room turned happy!
    Emotions does need a tweak ! A proper tweak!

Yes, it does.
    It's easy enough to avoid decorating the house, sure, but then it just leaves it feeling plain and boring, and we shouldn't have to do that.
    I honestly wish that they had limited the decor buff to particular traits, such as Snob and Materialistic. If not that, then lower how happy it makes Sims, because in my opinion, a Sim who's just been through something negative shouldn't automatically become happy by being surrounded by a few decor items.

Doesn't that dresser add a +5 happy decorated moodlet?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    This is so true!
    Really, Try, just try to have a Grumpy/Angry Sim. In the Sims 4 YOU CAN'T! No matter what, they will have that silly... (not really silly but I can't say how I really feel about their facial expressions here because it will turn into plum bitty plum plumuckity) grin/smile on their face. The sims will not stay mad. Even if you make them angry depressed sob's. You cannot have a negative sim stay that way. It's like happyville. I cannot stand it. The Sims 4 rated G.

giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

@Piperbird Your game isn't bugged. It is functioning as intended. You have two happy moodlets that are overpowering the anger moodlets. The reason the Sim went from angry to happy is because you gave them the Loves Outdoors trait and that trait gives Sims a happy moodlet for being outdoors. Once you went outdoors, you triggered that moodlet. Triggering that moodlet made the Sim change from angry to happy. Happy won't boost angry because it is not a positive moodlet.

The reason focused overrode inspired is because you gave your Sim the genius trait. The genius trait is an emotional trait and it is designed to put your Sim in the focused emotion randomly. The trait is working as intended. The creative trait is designed to put a Sim in the inspired emotion.

@StarlingGray Exactly

@kremesch73 The previous games didn't have an emotion system. You using a mod doesn't mean the game was poorly designed.

@Polyrhythm The happy moodlets will boost the other strongest emotional moodlets. This is not a bug. It is working as intended.

@graventhe Can you provide a link to the room/lot in the Gallery? I can't tell the score of the room just from the picture.

@DevilNDisguise You can decorate the room but it depends on how you decorate the room that will put the Sim in a happy state and the negative emotions the Sim is already experiencing.

@NZsimm3r No, the dresser isn't supposed to add anything to the decor score.

@SarahsShady The reason why there isn't a buff the boosts the negative moodlets in The Sims 4 is because a lot of people complained about moodlets being too hard in The Sims 3. Even people in this thread are complaining want to go back to the less complicated system that was in The Sims 2.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish negative moodlets were able to be boosted by something. My hot-headed sim is almost never actually angry cause once she gets any sort of positive moodlet it'll be boosted by everything and completely override the anger.

As much as I looked forward to the emotion system in this game and do like how it's been laid out, I was disappointed to find out there wasn't a chameleon buff for negative emotions. Happy for positive emotions is all well and good but why wouldn't uncomfortable or sad boost negative emotions in the same way? I'm still hoping they do something like that because it's waaay to easy to be happy in this game.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper