Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else tired of this?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
It's been almost 3 years since the game released and EA didn't do anything to tweak this , it becoming really annoying , it should've been fixed a long ago
Sims constantly changing their emotions every seconds or even half second!
They go from sad to very happy in a second because there's 'nice decor' -_-
really EA ?
They go from embarrassed to very playful when just bathing
That's not too of an issue for me

The one mostly annoying is when they go from very sad or sad to very happy because a nice decor around then when they go to a room with no decor they are sad again -_-

Seriously EA do something please
Post edited by graventhe on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Excatly , in TS3 it was just modlets but now in sims 4 it's emotions and emotions are constantly changing in a matter of seconds just because there's a nice decor!

I'm tired of hearing mood sting sounds changing every second!

I feel like my head is about to explode
    One second theres 'tin tin tin tin tin tiiin' (happy emotion) then when they go into a decor free room they're sad again
    It's happening constantly

EA please..
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    This is actually feedback. I don't think it needs to be toned down.

I think players need to consider how they make their builds. The point of using objects with high decor points is to change the mood to happiness in the room. I do use the buffs to change the mood of the rooms in my game. It is usually the most expensive objects that provide a happy mood buff. This buff stacks with other moodlets the Sim already has. If the Sim already has positive buffs along with the sadness ones, this moodlet will stack with the positive ones and get rid of the sadness buff.

Also, taking a regular bath does not create a playful buff. Sims only get the playful buff from bubble baths or play in the bath. Sims can take a regular bath without getting the buff.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @graventhe You definitely bring up a good point. My Sim was very embarrassed after getting her marriage proposal rejected. Not that I wanted her to die, but I've never had my Sim in a mortified mood state. But I was ready to go with the story if she did die of embarrassment. As soon as she got home, she was happy again, because of the decor she had in her home. She just got rejected for marriage, you would think one would be embarrassed for a longer period of time.
    I like the emotions, but they definitely need to be toned down a bit, so they aren't switching constantly. I don't even have that many decorations up in my home, as I don't want my Sims switching from energized to focused to inspired, etc. so quickly.
  • Options
    I don't even use expensive decor at all i just use really cheap decor and cheap painting so i don't want my room to be too plain or dull
    That doesn't mean i want my sim to be emotionless or always happy because a cheap painting or a lil decor is around in the room!
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Nice Decor being OP was a problem in Sims 3 and is still a problem in 4. I've always hoped it could be toned down a bit, but until they decide to do something about it I just use a mod. But, yeah, it has too much weight on emotions and because of it Sims that live in a nice house are always happy. It lessens the other emotions too much.

I grew up in a nice house but I wasn't perma-happy because of my decorations, lol.

LOL, so I guess sims are generally very materialistic :p
  • Options
    @Polyrhythm I think it plays off the materialistic trait. More expensive stuff and more stuff in general makes them happy. Also, with the snob trait because they can critique low quality objects. They would have to change the dynamics of these two traits and future traits they may decide to add to the game if they decide to change decor buffs.

As far as furniture goes, not all furniture gives off buffs. So no, you don't have to live in a house with cheaper furniture. Concerning the base game: None of the comfort objects give off buffs, none of the plumbing objects give off a buff, only five of the curtains give off the buff, all paintings give off the buff but you have to stack many for it it have an effect on the Sim.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    It's not just decor, it's traits, too. For example, if you have the Genius trait, you could spend hours getting into the correct mood for work, only to have it randomly switch to to Focused for no reason at all.

I had a Sim with Loves the Outdoors trait, the second she got outside it switched to happy. I needed her angry to kick over a trash can and just couldn't do it. I had to finish the painter aspiration just so she could paint an angry painting, then I had to get her to wear the angry hat. I put the painting right by the door in the inside, moved the garbage can as close as I could to the outside of the door, looked at the painting, and ran for the can. My Sim went from Very Angry to Happy in seconds. It took three tries to make it to the can.

Another time I needed her to be Focused to try to get the pictures available when looking at a microscope slide. But no matter what I did, she would go from Very Focused to Happy before she could walk from the door to the microscope. I just couldn't make it.

Trying to fulfill any emotion related whim is all but impossible, and I've pretty much given up on them. I wish they didn't change even when you went from X to Very X.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    @Piperbird I thought that happy just boosted the other positive emotions? So if your Sim was focused and you brought her outside and she got a +Happy from being outdoors, it should just be boosting focused, not replacing it.

I do feel you though on the happy buffs overriding negative emotions, mainly because it happens too easily.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    This is actually feedback. I don't think it needs to be toned down.

I think players need to consider how they make their builds. The point of using objects with high decor points is to change the mood to happiness in the room. I do use the buffs to change the mood of the rooms in my game. It is usually the most expensive objects that provide a happy mood buff. This buff stacks with other moodlets the Sim already has. If the Sim already has positive buffs along with the sadness ones, this moodlet will stack with the positive ones and get rid of the sadness buff.

Also, taking a regular bath does not create a playful buff. Sims only get the playful buff from bubble baths or play in the bath. Sims can take a regular bath without getting the buff.

There she goes again...telling people they're playing wrong. Hail, oh wise one.

Actually, if you look at how they calculated the emotions, there is something very off about it. I'm not looking at numbers right now, but I remember it being something like witnessing a death gave your sim a +3 sad, but a decor object gave them some extremely high number like +20 so it negates the sad and turns your sim happy. That's ridiculous and should be tweaked. Sadness should Trump nice decor. It's just an object...it should not effect a sim to that extreme. I mean...I get that some people just can't play a challenging game, but that's why there are cheats.

You're completely correct @Mstybl95 and I actually like the emotional stuff in the game. But it still seriously needs tweaking. If a sim is angry because they just got in a fight, walking into a nicely decorated mood should completely override the anger. If they're sad, a pretty picture shouldn't make them completely happy.

Not sure this has anything to do with a game being challenging or not or people's preferences on that but it's frustrating, to say the least, when your sim who's supposed to be mourning their dead parent suddenly feels happy over some really fancy picture hanging on the wall.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    @Sha2520032003 @graventhe Can you post links to builds of your houses in the gallery so I can see the decor?

@Mstybl95 So Sims can get a playful moodlet from regular baths in the game? If someone is wrong, they are wrong.

@Piperbird Genius is an emotional trait. Emotional traits are designed to give Sims a random emotional buff. You can further influence emotions with the objects that give off emotional auras.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I guess that Sims just have to live in a world where lithium doesn't exist. It's sad, really.
    Then again, I never pay much attention to the state a Sim is in. In all iterations, your Sim eventually makes it to the top anyway. Even the losers are winners if you don't focus on them losing all the time.
    I do think that Maxis should just phase the emotions out and slowly return to the TS3 way of doing things. That also wasn't perfect, but at least it made a little sense.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Sometimes I wish negative moodlets were able to be boosted by something. My hot-headed sim is almost never actually angry cause once she gets any sort of positive moodlet it'll be boosted by everything and completely override the anger.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    @Piperbird I thought that happy just boosted the other positive emotions? So if your Sim was focused and you brought her outside and she got a +Happy from being outdoors, it should just be boosting focused, not replacing it.

I do feel you though on the happy buffs overriding negative emotions, mainly because it happens too easily.

Yes, it completely over-rides the emotion you want. You can see she has all the Angry moodlets, but is happy anyway. You can see the action she is currently finishing was angry, but has already switched back to Happy just from being outdoors. That is too OP.
    05-24-15_1-07nbspPM_zpsjfopyqxz.png

@Piperbird Genius is an emotional trait. Emotional traits are designed to give Sims a random emotional buff. You can further influence emotions with the objects that give off emotional auras.

Yes, Sweetie, I understand that. But it should not completely switch over to a new emotion. +2 Focus should not overpower +5 Inspired. If I take a shower, look at a painting, and drink tea to get into the correct mood for work, it should not just change to Focused, cancelling everything I just did for the last two hours. Emotions are completely broken in this game. I've even had Sims be Sad or Embarrassed, when they have no sad or embarrassed moodlets at all.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    @Polyrhythm I do agree they should provide a boost for the negative emotions but they decided to go against it because players were complaining that the negative moodlets in The Sims 3 were too hard on Sims.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    @Polyrhythm I do agree they should provide a boost for the negative emotions but they decided to go against it because players were complaining that the negative moodlets in The Sims 3 were too hard on Sims.

Apparently some people think everything is too hard. I thought Sims 3 negative buffs weren't enough to stave off the constantly happy moods they were always in. I even had a mod that made it require a lot more positive moodlets to get them into the highest mood level (Elated I think?).
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok, while I am waiting for a Thunderstorm to come and pass I will explain how the nice décor works. First if there is no emotional painting or pictures or anything in the room with a aura, you get a happy moodlet, however if there is a emotional aura picture on the wall you will get that emotion as long as the room is in clean ship shape condition, your still get the default happy moodlet, but if a Sad picture is on the wall you will be Sad and if you want the emotion to stay with you, you can look at it to get a Sad moodlet.

Edit: Before I forget if you don't want that happy nice décor moodlet to trigger make sure its not ship shape.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @StarlingGray They reduced death by a lot because players thought it too hard to keep their Sims alive in the Sims 3. I hope they don't reduce the amount for the bills because right now, I think they are just right. Many players are complaining it is too hard for Sims to make money and the bills are too high.

@Piperbird The picture you showed with the Sim being outdoors shows two happy moodlets and two angry moodlets. It is hard to tell if it is correct in your game from the picture.

But it should not completely switch over to a new emotion. +2 Focus should not overpower +5 Inspired. If I take a shower, look at a painting, and drink tea to get into the correct mood for work, it should not just change to Focused, cancelling everything I just did for the last two hours. Does your Sim have an emotional trait that gives off the focused emotion? This sounds like they have the emotional trait that gives off the focused emotion.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Too hard, too expensive.
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    @Piperbird I agree that emotions system is not properly balanced and going from negative emotions to happy because of a painting/ trait moodlet doesn't make a lot of sense. But are you sure you can't keep your Sim focused because of that? I mean, happy moodlets are supposed to strengthen other positive emotions. So if you had, for an example, +2 focused, +1 happy and then got +2 happy because of going outdoors, the moodlets should sum up giving you +5 very focused. Maybe the focused moodlet came from object buff so when you left the room you lost it and that's why it went to simply happy or something like that?

And to the thread in general: I haven't really paid much attention to emotion changes, but so far I've played challenges that required a lot of work on skills and careers, so I went mainly for positive emotions and happy moodlets don't change them. And after a death Sims would stay sad because witnessing a death and loss of a loved one moodlets combined gave were stronger then positive moodlets. Now I think 'loss of a loved one' only applied to wife/husband which limited the experience. I also kept most of emotional buffs from objects disabled unless I was using them/keeping in a room dedicated to a certain emotion like an art studio. That being said, I know there are many gameplay styles( probably as may as players themselves) and I understand how this emotional bias towards happiness can be an issue to some. I just think that idea of Th is that it's a happy, careless and utopian world, where death can be tuned into a joke and Sims aren't too prone to sadness.

Still, since we've got the emotions, they may as well be a little bet thought out and go a bit deeper, so I would welcome a tweak.
  • Options
    NoriYoriNoriYori Posts: 36 Member
    Weird
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    It is a little frustrating when you've sent your Sim to do something to fulfill that immediate whim, only to have his emotions completely shift before he gets to where he has to go to fulfill it. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/