March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone ever played the sims on a airplane or during a roadtrip?

JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
I plan doing it on my next roadtrip.

Comments

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have taken my laptop on holiday once when I went to visit my parents for a couple of weeks. Lugged it on to two flights there and then two flights back, will never do it again. I didn't play it on the plane though. My laptop is a 17.3 inch, heavy beast and it has stayed at home ever since. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    A very long time ago I think I tried playing TS2 or TS3 during a 9 hour road trip but I personally don't enjoy gaming on a laptop or anywhere that is not a desk. Do you get motion sickness from reading during travel? Playing a game would have the same effect.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    JaysWrxld wrote: »

What a boring way to spend a roadtrip.
    Every roadtrip I have been on, has been spent staring out the window at this great southern land.
    8-12 hours on the road, what you really need is good friends, good music, and good munchie food... and a fuic somewhere along the way.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    I have taken my laptop on holiday once when I went to visit my parents for a couple of weeks. Lugged it on to two flights there and then two flights back, will never do it again. I didn't play it on the plane though. My laptop is a 17.3 inch, heavy beast and it has stayed at home ever since. :D

Pahaha. This is why I haven't taken mine at any point. It's a 15.6 inch laptop and pretty freakin' heavy.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    Yeah, I always play the sims on the plane. :)

The funny thing is I travel for work, so I'm sitting there in the business lounge full of guys sending emails on their thinkpads and I'm playing the sims on my MacBook. :)
    But then the fact I'm wearing jeans and a not a suit also makes me standout. :)
  • Lola SwannLola Swann Posts: 68 Member
    I always take my laptop with me on long plane trips and never once thought of playing Sims. What's wrong with me? :) I will correct that immediately!
    Lola Swann wrote: »
    I always take my laptop with me on long plane trips and never once thought of playing Sims. What's wrong with me? :) I will correct that immediately!

Lol, :),
    The problem with long plane trips is your battery won't last that long playing the sims (at least mine doesn't). :)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I don't think "Old Reliable" is able to run Sims. :wink:

Old Reliable is a Compaq 286SLT from 1989 and probably weighs 20 (U.S.) Pounds :open_mouth: ! It also runs Win 3.1 (and MS/Dos) and has black and white graphics and a 121.4 Mb hard drive.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Every roadtrip I have been on, has been spent staring out the window at this great southern land.
    8-12 hours on the road, what you really need is good friends, good music, and good munchie food... and a fuic somewhere along the way.

Most roadtrips are with my family so I dont really have anything to do but eat,sleep, talk. and go on my phone............................ stare outside the window... So now I have the opportunity to do that. Im not gonna waste my whole time playing the sims..
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Most roadtrips are with my family so I dont really have anything to do but eat,sleep, talk. and go on my phone............................ stare outside the window... So now I have the opportunity to do that. Im not gonna waste my whole time playing the sims..

Many of the roadtrips I've been on were with family, and before I ever even had a phone.

Look outside, the wilderness
    The wilderness is calling our names
    The blackest skies, the daunting stars
    The desert sun, melting our cold hearts

Stop staring at screens all the time, watch what goes past your window.
    I've seen wedgies sitting on fence posts, families of emus on the side of the road, bush fires in the distantce, ocean floors that are now in mountain ranges. And I've seen scary 🐸🐸🐸🐸, like farm equiptment and road trains that nearly run you off the road. Shotgun in Oz is the second set of eyes for the driver, you've got to watch the road, a wombat might be small, but it will wreck your car, roos come out of nowhere, and they can wreck your car, or come through the window and kill you. Ive been throught areas where horses and cows are on the road, or next to it, and will be infront of you if they get startled. And then there are the roads that are nothing but corrugations the whole way, or potholes. Highways that cross rail, with no lights, no warning, you've gotta watch for the train.

And yes, I've been here
    b9d6Usu.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member

Many of the roadtrips I've been on were with family, and before I ever even had a phone.

I've seen wedgies sitting on fence posts, families of emus on the side of the road, bush fires in the distantce, ocean floors that are now in mountain ranges. And I've seen scary 🐸🐸🐸🐸, like farm equiptment and road trains that nearly run you off the road. Shotgun in Oz is the second set of eyes for the driver, you've got to watch the road, a wombat might be small, but it will wreck your car, roos come out of nowhere, and they can wreck your car, or come through the window and kill you. Ive been throught areas where horses and cows are on the road, or next to it, and will be infront of you if they get startled. And then there are the roads that are nothing but corrugations the whole way, or potholes. Highways that cross rail, with no lights, no warning, you've gotta watch for the train.

And yes, I've been here
    b9d6Usu.jpg

I looked up 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I saw some horrible things
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    nope my laptop has a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 battery life
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif

And yes, I've been here
    b9d6Usu.jpg

Lol. I been there too. :)
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I remember, a few years ago my family and I went to the Dorset area :) Whilst there I played The Sims 3 on my laptop and I remember that I was checking the site for news on The Sims 3 Pets that hadn't yet been released :)

These were some of the pictures I took when we went to Seaton and Sidmouth:

"Sidmouth beach. It was really good warm weather so being at the beach was really nice :) "
    Image0355_zps5nravyul.jpg

"Still at Sidmouth beach. The building on the left is a little cafe :) "
    Image0356_zpsbdnntgwk.jpg

"When we were at Seaton I took this picture of the sign and a boat. Seaton is a really nice seaside village, it has a tram which runs down alongside a large lake"
    Photo0228_zpsrtuktqrt.jpg

"Seaton's beach early in the morning"
    Photo0239_zpsj9b9h5yb.jpg

"Near Seaton's town square. I always liked this roundabout :) nearby there was a seaside shop, toy shops, a camera shop and also a shop called Sweet Heaven where you can buy every sweet you can imagine!"
    Photo0252_zpskekr9z6s.jpg

"More pictures of Seaton's seafront. These were taken nearer midday"
    Photo0197_zps7vyze2lt.jpg

Photo0204_zpsgvudvmzt.jpg

"And this last picture is also in Seaton but I decided to take beacuse of how strange the clouds looked. No surprise, it poured down later that day :) "
    Photo0262_zps9qbxb7iy.jpg

I really enjoyed that holiday :) it's my favourite memory of a holiday before I became too unwell to go on holiday or travel away from home. If I can get better again I'd love to go back to Seaton, Sidmouth or also Paignton which is where I went when I was very young :) And now that I'm older I'd always play a lot more Sims if I went on holiday again :)

I hope you like my pictures :) I think I took these in 2011, a few months before I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. So if I ever go again I'll take some more for you all :)

Matthew.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I usually play on the train trip up to Stockholm when I visit my sons
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    I remember, a few years ago my family and I went to the Dorset area :) Whilst there I played The Sims 3 on my laptop and I remember that I was checking the site for news on The Sims 3 Pets that hadn't yet been released :)

These were some of the pictures I took when we went to Seaton and Sidmouth:

"Sidmouth beach. It was really good warm weather so being at the beach was really nice :) "
    Image0355_zps5nravyul.jpg

"Still at Sidmouth beach. The building on the left is a little cafe :) "
    Image0356_zpsbdnntgwk.jpg

"When we were at Seaton I took this picture of the sign and a boat. Seaton is a really nice seaside village, it has a tram which runs down alongside a large lake"
    Photo0228_zpsrtuktqrt.jpg

"Seaton's beach early in the morning"
    Photo0239_zpsj9b9h5yb.jpg

"Near Seaton's town square. I always liked this roundabout :) nearby there was a seaside shop, toy shops, a camera shop and also a shop called Sweet Heaven where you can buy every sweet you can imagine!"
    Photo0252_zpskekr9z6s.jpg

"More pictures of Seaton's seafront. These were taken nearer midday"
    Photo0197_zps7vyze2lt.jpg

Photo0204_zpsgvudvmzt.jpg

"And this last picture is also in Seaton but I decided to take beacuse of how strange the clouds looked. No surprise, it poured down later that day :) "
    Photo0262_zps9qbxb7iy.jpg

I really enjoyed that holiday :) it's my favourite memory of a holiday before I became too unwell to go on holiday or travel away from home. If I can get better again I'd love to go back to Seaton, Sidmouth or also Paignton which is where I went when I was very young :) And now that I'm older I'd always play a lot more Sims if I went on holiday again :)

I hope you like my pictures :) I think I took these in 2011, a few months before I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. So if I ever go again I'll take some more for you all :)

Matthew.

Dorset is amazing! I've been a few times. Cornwall is really nice as well.
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    No unfortunately.
  • lovleady5lovleady5 Posts: 56 Member
    I play it on planes. It's easy to waste time!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I routinely play or build sims when I have to be in the backseat of a car multiple hours. I entertained my younger cousins by letting them help me pick out house colors and bedroom decorating schemes over Christmas.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]