Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim sleeping issue

So recently one of my sims has started sleeping on top of the covers. If I choose sleep they will use the relax > nap poses instead of getting under the covers like this (I can't post pictures so here's the url, because of the stupid system even though I've been a member of the old forum for over 4 years)

i.gyazo.com/ec02b27c5b5f0203ab1deef175d852c4.png

He is the only sim with this problem and it is not the bed because not only did I buy a new bed but other sims in the household can sleep in his bed just fine. He also wakes up with the nightmare moodlet no matter what, but I thought only child and teen sims could have nightmares on normal beds? I'm wondering if I try de-aging and then re-aging him if that would fix him?

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Have you tried resetting your sim? Hit Cntrl-Shift-C (probably different on the Mac) and then type in ResetSim YourSim'sNameHere (first and last) and press Enter/Return. It'll take several seconds for the reset to finish since it will make your sim (and all icons attached to said sim) invisible for a couple of seconds - as part of the reset.
  • XxMattxMello1127xXXxMattxMello1127xX Posts: 21 Member
    > @carlystur03 said:
    > Have you tried resetting your sim? Hit Cntrl-Shift-C (probably different on the Mac) and then type in ResetSim YourSim'sNameHere (first and last) and press Enter/Return. It'll take several seconds for the reset to finish since it will make your sim (and all icons attached to said sim) invisible for a couple of seconds - as part of the reset.

I have tried that. I also tried it with master controller as well, still no luck.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Wow, I've never seen this. Does your sim behave any differently if you have him Relax on the bed first and then command him to sleep?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    > @carlystur03 said:
    > Have you tried resetting your sim? Hit Cntrl-Shift-C (probably different on the Mac) and then type in ResetSim YourSim'sNameHere (first and last) and press Enter/Return. It'll take several seconds for the reset to finish since it will make your sim (and all icons attached to said sim) invisible for a couple of seconds - as part of the reset.

I have tried that. I also tried it with master controller as well, still no luck.

Have you tried going into edit town evicting the sim and putting them back? This works better than reset sim chat and worth a shot.

• Have you tried going into edit town evicting the sim and putting them back? This works better than reset sim chat and worth a shot.

That worked thank you!

But now i seem to have a different problem. My game is perfectly fine until i try to get to the Dystopian oasis landing. It loads fine but as soon as i choose a home location in the future the game says that a problem has occurred and needs to close. I tried another save and normal oasis landing loaded fine, but for some reason the alternate futures don't want to let me visit them. Could it be because I tried to bring my sims' toddler with them? Although that seems ridiculous if that's the case because there are children already in oasis landing.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Have you tried going into edit town evicting the sim and putting them back? This works better than reset sim chat and worth a shot.

That worked thank you!

But now i seem to have a different problem. My game is perfectly fine until i try to get to the Dystopian oasis landing. It loads fine but as soon as i choose a home location in the future the game says that a problem has occurred and needs to close. I tried another save and normal oasis landing loaded fine, but for some reason the alternate futures don't want to let me visit them. Could it be because I tried to bring my sims' toddler with them? Although that seems ridiculous if that's the case because there are children already in oasis landing.

I have not played ITF much and have not switched the world. So far I have not had any issues traveling but this can occur. @igazor would be better suited to answer you on this issue.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    This will sound weird, but I had a Sim sleep on top of the covers for a while. It was Cornelia Goth, and it only happened after her husband Gunther died. She was in a really sad/depressed mood and I thought it was a symptom of that. She also wouldn't eat much and got really thin. It was kinda creepy and almost too realistic.
    edited September 2016
    The game doesn't allow traveling with toddlers unless you have that unblocked with the NRaas Traveler mod. So I take it you already have Traveler in place. Do you also have Overwatch and ErrorTrap? The three work together to help smooth out travel transitions that aren't working right.

If you aren't using Traveler, I believe your sim is supposed to put the toddler down on the ground before stepping into the time portal.

I'm not aware of special issues with the alternate future worlds and Traveler, but I haven't been an ITF player long enough myself to have gone there yet. Can you try a test journey to one of the alternate ones without the toddler to see what happens?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • igazor wrote: »
    The game doesn't allow traveling with toddlers unless you have that unblocked with the NRaas Traveler mod. So I take it you already have Traveler in place. Do you also have Overwatch and ErrorTrap? The three work together to help smooth out travel transitions that aren't working right.

If you aren't using Traveler, I believe your sim is supposed to put the toddler down on the ground before stepping into the time portal.

I'm not aware of special issues with the alternate future worlds and Traveler, but I haven't been an ITF player long enough myself to have gone there yet. Can you try a test journey to one of the alternate ones without the toddler to see what happens?

I have overwatch and traveler but i haven't changed the settings for traveler since installing into the future so maybe i'm just dumb and didn't see if there were any settings for it, but I wasnt aware that would be a problem since the toddler was born in the future and came home fine as a baby, but going back now that it's a toddler seems to be a problem? The toddler was on the ground but I'll try and see if traveler has any settings for the future and send just one sim to see what happens.
    The unblock settings aren't destination specific. On City Hall or an in-game computer (from the world you are attempting to depart), NRaas > Traveler > Allowable Travelers.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • igazor wrote: »
    The unblock settings aren't destination specific. On City Hall or an in-game computer (from the world you are attempting to depart), NRaas > Traveler > Allowable Travelers.

I know I just cant remember if I changed the settings for that world or not is what i meant. I'm loading the game up now to check and test things.
  • That fixed it! Traveler must have been conflicting with the base settings for future travel. Thank you!
  • AurelasAurelas Posts: 1 New Member
    I have had problems with Sims sleeping like that or even hovering at random spots around their yard while sleeping. So far those times have turned out to be because of bad cc. I know your problem is solved but thought it might be another starting point for anyone else having trouble.