Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

25,000sp March Madness Lottery -Winners Announced!

ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
25,000sp March Madness Creators Lottery

Before I “Owned The Store” so many wonderfully generous Simmers sent me some amazing Store gifts – individual items that helped me get sets I really wanted; beautiful venues to enhance my gameplay and even worlds to give my Sims fresh horizons to explore.

Now since I “Own The Store” I have been collecting Simpoints and occasionally paying forward the gifts I was so generously gifted until I thought I would like to gift some ‘big ticket’ items to help out the many Simmers new to the Store, so here we are and I have 25,000 Simpoints to gift! :)

Apart from all the amazing friendly and generous Simmers I have met here on the forums what has kept me playing the game for years is being inspired by the awesome creativity of the Sims community – creating awesome challenges and great ideas for different ways to play the game; or writing inventive stories that capture our imaginations; or sharing videos of their gameplay or incredible machinima and then, of course, there are all the talented people uploading great builds and beautiful Sims for us to play with.

To all these wonderful people I want to say a very special THANK YOU!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=u9u8nNvk0VM

The Lottery Rules
To help all these lovely creative people be even more creative I am offering a share of my 25,000sp prize fund to as many Simmers as possible.

If you have created something, anything, using The Sims 3 but still need stuff from the Store I want to help you out and gift you the most expensive item on your wishlist.

To qualify for a prize you must:
  • Still be playing The Sims 3
  • Still creating and sharing Sims 3 content such as:
    • Stories
    • Videos
    • Worlds, Lots, or Sims
  • Have a wishlist!

Entering The Lottery
To enter this lottery all I need you to do is post:
  • Your Sims 3 Forum ID (which I can get from your entry post :))
  • A link to your latest creation (story, video, build, whatever)
  • A link to your wishlist

Entries must be submitted before 11pm GMT (UK time) on Tuesday 29th March 2016.

Because I want to be sure that prize-winners are still playing and creating I would much prefer people to submit entries for themselves rather than be nominated but if you know of someone who is creating great Sims 3 content but doesn’t yet have all they need from the Store please tell them about this lottery.

Drawing Winners and Awarding Prizes

I will use the Random.org List Generator to put the entries into a prize allocation order.

The draw will take place on Wednesday 30th March 2016 and the draw list published as soon as possible thereafter.

I will then work my way down that list and gift each entrant ONE item, the most expensive item, from their wishlist (if there are several items of the same high value I will select the first one listed).

Only one gift per entrant.

I will continue down the list until all 25,000sp have been spent or if there are not enough Simpoints left to gift the next winner.

If a winner does not have a wishlist the prize will be passed to the next person in the draw.

There is no fixed number of winners. Gifts will be given to as many entrants as possible up to the value of 25,000sp. For example if the first winners drawn all have worlds on their wishlists there may be as few as 7 or 8 winners but if all winners have items of no more than 500sp on their wishlists I could gift as many as 50 people!

I do not guarantee that all 25,000sp will be spent nor that all entrants will be gifted only that as much of the prize fund as possible will be given away.

FAQ
1. Can I enter/nominate myself?
Yes please!

2. Can I nominate someone else?
You can, although I would prefer people to enter themselves to help ensure only active Simmers are in the draw but if you know someone deserving who doesn't spend a lot of time on the forums that would be OK but otherwise please do tell people about this lottery and encourage them to enter if they have Store content they still want to own

3. So what should an entry post look like?
All I need is your Forum ID, a link to your wishlist (or just your Sims 3 site ID if you can’t post links) and a link to a recent creation (or at least tell us how we can find it)

4. What if I don’t have a wishlist?
If any of the winners in the draw don’t have a wishlist I will send a PM and give them a couple of days to add at least one item to a wishlist. If no wishlist is available after that time the prize allocation will continue from the next person in the draw.

I am really excited to host this lottery and I hope I will be able help as many Simmers as possible enhance their game with some great gifts.

Post edited by ajaxpost on

Comments