Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone ever finish the 100 baby challenge?

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I haven't even tried yet, I'm playing my own challenge and the challenge is not using motherlode or kaching cheat to get money, instead, I got my Sim to do gardening, painting and photography to make money, to pay for bills and food so that it may seem like Real Life scenario, but it's fun too. One day I'll do the 100 baby challenge!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2016
    I haven't done it, I did the challenge where the sim isn't allowed of their lot, no traveling and no making friends, My sim new no one except her stuffed giant toy, and penpals on the web, and the aspiration had to be mansion barren. that was a lot of fun, and I think it had to be on a small lot.

off topic. Midnightpearl, love your crochet, I do a lot of crochet. just love it.
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I tried this one in Sims 3 and only got to, maybe 25 kids before I got bored. LOL. I also used the NRAS mods at the time to overstuff my house. I'm doing it again on Sims 4, as I just finished my Legacy Challenge, and am up to 15 kids.

I had a quick question that's been bugging me. How do you deal with the matriarch's lack of aging? All the sims she was equivalent to in age are passed on and her oldest kids are adults. I've completed three aspirations on her lol. She's at 10 sim days left of adult before she ages. Do you choose when to age her up, or just go with the 1 sim day aging per pregnancy.

I hate the fact that she doesn't age. In Sims 3 and Sims 3 it wasn't an issue because try for baby just didn't do anything 3 days or less from a birthday. I kinda hate to lose her; she's like my golden sim right now, but on the other hand, each pregnancy works like a youth potion and it's getting irritating.

Thanks,
    Dez
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    I had the bright idea to attempt combining this challenge with the ISBI. Manages to get 17 kids born without mods or cheats.

I stopped the ISBI part after kid 7. Nooooo way I'll try that again.

I had just started on gen two but corruption happened. May make another attempt after my current legacy.
  • Options
    SuzanneK72SuzanneK72 Posts: 9 New Member
    I am currently doing this challenge. Still on matriarch #1 (Brynn Henley). She has had 11 children so far and is pregnant again. I'm actually tracking it on an excel spreadsheet. :)
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Well I have a pretty general question but did anyone EVER really finish the 100 baby challenge in the sims 4 or in any other one of the sims games?
    I've been looking to try it out in the sims 4 but looks impossible and I haven't seen anyone who had finished this challenge yet

Tried in Sims 3 didn't come close.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I got to 93 babies and then lost it all! I was gutted
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I finished it before toddlers were added. It took 5 generations for me. I tried after toddlers and could not make it past 5 children.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Still thinking about doing this one, but haven’t tried yet.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I doubt I will ever do the 100 Baby Challenge as I am not that patient, and with the Toddlers, now, oh my goodness! I do commend all of you who have completed it, wow, that is some stick-to-it-ive-ness! It's pretty funny to watch LP's of it, if you get the right player. I watch James, too, but he will nev-ar do the 100 Baby, lol. Andrew Arcade was doing it on Twitch. It was so hilarious, because he was having subscribers' self Sims get his Self Sim preggo. (Hope I'm not getting too graphic, if I am please let me know. ;) ) He is currently playing Super Mario Odyssey now, tho, but I think he'll get back around to it. There are some VODs of it.

I was looking through the challenges the other day, and I came across the Off The Grid Challenge. It looked a bit hard, but fun. I mention it because I know there were a lot of folks who hoped that Stuff Pack would win. There are some tips to make it easier, as well, that they discuss in the replies.
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    edited October 2017
    I got to 93 babies and then lost it all! I was gutted

That must've really been annoying. I feel your pain.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I attempted the challenge once but stopped once the house was full because I got bored of it. It's too repetitive for me.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Doing it right now with my Vampire Matriach she has so far 6 Children with 3 Dads. The Fertility Trait work really fine for that. And the two lot traids too. This is actually my second one, from the first one I accidentally overrided my save game from it and lost the process I made. D:
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I completed it exactly a year ago, some time around November, if I remember correctly. But it took me so, so long and it grew so repetitive as the number of babies grew bigger, that I don't think I'll try it ever again. :D

Seriously, it needs oozes of dedication, patience and micromanaging. Congratulations to those Simmers who did it as well! I think it was once in a game (not a lifetime, see what I did there?) experience, hahaha!
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I tried twice on Sims 3, lost both saves and was super disappointed. I did find an old save of one of them and have been thinking about going back to it - I had a story going with it and everything. I was really in love with it and gutted when I'd lost my progress but one day I hope to have the time to try and finish it.

I did start one on Sims 4 that I was happy with at first but the genetics for whatever reason started turning out awful about 10-15 kids in. I know not every kiddo will be a beauty queen but I had a string of really random looking Sims with horrible genetics that didn't match either parent. And every single kid would age up obese and really misshapen. It was weird. (I promise I'm not as shallow as that makes me sound...I have no issue whatsoever with plus size Sims, I'm no size 2 myself. But I was having this same problem in 3 saves I was playing at the time and it was right when the game first came out so I assumed it was a glitch. And while I have no issue with my sims not all being perfect, that doesn't mean I want them all to be really weird looking either. Sort of like the bug where Sims would get ridiculously buff from mining rocks...again, I didn't mind it on some but I don't want every single sim to look like a professional body builder...)

I recently made a sim I want to try it with again. I really want to complete it someday.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    MandieMandie Posts: 1 New Member
    I just finished! Miraculously, it only took 2 generations to do it. Thanks to ley lines and fertility, most of the births were twins and triplets. My initial sim had 39 children by 19 different fathers. Her last daughter had 67 children by 34 different fathers. I was setting up my third matriarch, when I realized that I had actually completed the challenge six kids ago...
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Hmm didn't know there were set rules so I'm doing it my own way I guess. Same mom and dad. I had about 22 kids prior to toddlers. I keep the parents young with the aging perk point rewards. Now that their are toddlers, I skill them to level 5 for everything. Kids get an A grade then they get kicked out. Prior to toddlers I'd play the teens too. Now I don't bother. I never even thought doing it over generations. I'm now up to baby 33 I believe

But no worries because I have a save file I just started with the pre-mades and my goal is to try 10 households 10 generations. And I have a 3 save where I'm doing 1 family 100 generations challenge I believe it's called. The legacy legend. And then I just have a random save where I play how I want
  • Options
    abohemiianllamaabohemiianllama Posts: 21 Member
    BHAHAHAA WHY IS THE 100 BABY CHALLENEGE EVEN A THING..... sooooo funny :)
  • Options
    IrishSimmerGirlIrishSimmerGirl Posts: 10 New Member
    Well Yammy on YouTube actually completed it!
  • Options
    IrishSimmerGirlIrishSimmerGirl Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm doing it right now, I think my sim has 7 kids.
  • Options
    Jackie_Wilson816Jackie_Wilson816 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm working on it now. I've had to restart so many times, it isn't even funny. But on one laptop, I have four kids, two a set of twins (that she just had), on another one, there are 7 in the first gen, and on a laptop at my parents house, the sim my brother made for me just had triplets!
    Since on two of those laptops I don't have the extra portraits mod, I limit myself to five kids (teen and younger) to being in the house at a time so I don't overwhelm myself. I also won't permit having more than one cat or dog, or no more than 3 horses at time. I love using horses, but they are a (profitable) handful.
    The laptop I have right now has the mom, two daughters (one a teen, one almost a child) and the twins.
  • Options
    Rogermike333Rogermike333 Posts: 8 New Member
    I didn't do this yet. But trying to reach. :)
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm up to about 40 children
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    I've completed this challenge once so far in Sims 4 and am having a second go now. The first time I used fertility trait and ley lines and completed the challenge in one generation. My poor sim Hadrian(yes, a pregnant male) was constantly pregnant. Lol He and all his children are on my gallery: EthanHS, under Peverell. In my second try I'm doing generations and spacing it out more. I'm on generation two and the first 25 kids are also on my gallery under Fallon. :smiley:
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I haven't completed the challenge yet. Just now I have to wait until the third generation is old enough to go on with baby 63. http://forums.thesims.com/de_DE/discussion/771686/gageas-sammelsurium#latest