Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

paneinger's builds and things - **new pics** 1/21/17

2...Next

Comments

• paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    I took a break from decorating the rest of the house because I'm stumped on the bedrooms and I had another idea I really wanted to try out. Meara has reached the top of her career anyway, so now I need something for her to do on her four days off each week. She makes more money than any sim really needs, so I figured what hobby in real life takes up all your money and your time? Duh, horses. I purchased a second lot and built a large stable with stalls for 8 horses, a tack room, grooming/washing area, and a bunch of other stuff. It'll be situated across the street from her home, so it follows the same design scheme and colors (plus, I bought myself a new pc for Christmas that will actually be able to handle the game and I can try it out then).

Screenshot-587_zpscskzxw9d.jpg
    Its still very much a work in progress and I have a ton of items scattered about outside that I'll eventually be placing inside. But I've never made a stable before so I'm quite proud with the results.

Screenshot-577_zps0rxavl6m.jpg
    View from the second floor. There's a small living area in the back with a lounge and bathrooms, but it leads to the loft that holds a kitchen and eating area. I expanded that area to make a catwalk that goes around edge of the opening to the first floor, and made each of the dormers into an actual room. I'm not sure what they'll be yet, but it fits the design and has lots of storage, I guess.

Screenshot-580_zps5kcbepnq.jpg
    Looking at the ground floor. I know it looks strange, but my graphics have to be set lower because my lap is crap and if you look down from the second floor it looks weird because the items don't all show up.

Screenshot-578_zpsgfqw9hsv.jpg
    Custom stalls - each one has a tack trunk and supplies, halters and bridles, and a photo frame hanging by its door. The photo frame is so Meara can take a picture of the horse and put it outside of their stall, like a name plate.

Screenshot-579_zpsovl6lilz.jpg
    Inside the stalls - fluffy bedding, water and hay, and a fancy saltblock

Screenshot-581_zpsivta97fs.jpg
    The tackroom/feedroom

Screenshot-582_zpsjxjakf0m.jpg

Screenshot-583_zps95wbexzk.jpg
    The washroom and grooming room. I put a subway grate on the floor to look like a large drain for a waterproof room. I figure the counterspace on the wall can hold medical supplies and tape/bandaging and whatnot. And crates of horse treats - apples and carrots. A huge utility sink lives off to the side with buckets and stuff.

Screenshot-584_zpsoyinkg41.jpg

Screenshot-585_zps7lbhnj8j.jpg
    Doors going to the lounge/living areas

Screenshot-586_zpsrgpu5hoj.jpg
    The lounge, or the beginnings of it.

So yeah, the lot isn't nearly done, but I do really like it :)

And finally, Meara wanted to throw a costume party so I did and naturally, she gets the ugliest costume. Yup, the hotdog. Dun dun dun.
    Screenshot-576_zpscklcjm7l.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    The stable looks very nice! :) Very nice design and layout of the build! The custom stalls look great! It is nice that you are planning to place a photo of each of the horses with their own stall. It is great that there is a washing room and grooming room in the build. The grating on the floor gives a great look to the area.
    The WIP is looking great !
    It is exciting that you are getting a new PC for Christmas! :) You will enjoy simming on it!
    I made another entry for this month's competition. The theme was a small cottage on/near water for a retired couple who just moved back from shang simla. And I build the entire thing on Christmas day, so it has a definite Christmas theme. I'm going to keep it as a little vacation cabin for my sims to use in the winter because I really like it :)

The total budget was 30k and I spent 29,960. It includes a living/dining room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, screened-in porch, carport, itty bitty gardening area, and a pond. There's room upstairs for another bedroom or bonus room, but I really like the layout how it is.

Screenshot-630_zps197nk4or.jpg

Screenshot-631_zps8r78wqjo.jpg

Screenshot-629_zpsvtbhufq2.jpg

Screenshot-589_zpsltv7hkss.jpg

The front of the house is decked out in Christmas decor, even down to the little pine trees flanking the stairs that are covered in lights. Stepping inside leads to the living room. There's a (functional) bench with books for the bookworm and a fireplace with plenty of seating. The dining table is off to the side, and a Christmas tree stays in a little nook built into the hallway. That branches off into the kitchen and a hallway leading to the bedroom and bathroom. Since the couple is supposed to be from shang simla, I decorated with some relics from their travels too, and a little table in the hallway with medals and such.

Screenshot-616_zps2a3r72ba.jpg

Screenshot-620_zpslctvcxvp.jpg

Screenshot-617_zps7o3o8xxq.jpg

Screenshot-615_zpstiixtfug.jpg

Screenshot-614_zpsjh0hfnfb.jpg

Screenshot-613_zpsodw8ygzm.jpg

Screenshot-619_zpsviu05ji4.jpg

Screenshot-618_zpsn9ayift7.jpg

Screenshot-612_zpstpyvftc5.jpg

Screenshot-611_zpsw4wysey2.jpg

Screenshot-598_zpsv7jmaruy.jpg
    The kitchen is a little bit small, but it has all the basics. It looks like a "real" stove is missing, but there's one on the backporch that looks like a barbecue so it's still possible to cook :)

Screenshot-600_zpscwjzfnp3.jpg

Screenshot-599_zpsep7np1bi.jpg

Screenshot-638_zpsrk2aqnvh.jpg

Screenshot-603_zpsw563fq1a.jpg

The back porch has a tea set, sitting area, grill and counter space, and a little area to keep potted plants alive during the winter
    Screenshot-604_zpsokxnukmq.jpg

Screenshot-605_zpsruykqv0h.jpg

Screenshot-606_zpspsbwnaw0.jpg

Screenshot-610_zpsgypwvzuj.jpg

The bedroom has none of the greens and reds, but is instead cool blues and purples. It's less Christmas-ish, leaning toward ice and snow instead.
    Screenshot-621_zpsw5mnqrxd.jpg

Screenshot-622_zpsosahjyvn.jpg

Screenshot-623_zpsdxb2qdfb.jpg

Screenshot-624_zpsbfwroto2.jpg

The bathroom is the same as the bedroom. One door leads back into the bedroom, and the other into the main hallway.
    Screenshot-635_zpsumr6detq.jpg

Screenshot-633_zpsmg8fpjiu.jpg

Screenshot-636_zpsnydgglif.jpg

Outdoors you'll find a little garden and wood pile off to one side, and a small seating area in front of a bird feeder. The pond has a water wheel churning by the house, and trees lining it. The trees are also decorated for Christmas with little lights. And finally, in the front, there's a small covered carport.
    Screenshot-594_zpsuuovjhuy.jpg

Screenshot-596_zpsm47ikxc0.jpg

Screenshot-595_zpsf6fljvle.jpg

Screenshot-626_zpszhmljqzl.jpg

Screenshot-632_zpshkvqchi4.jpg

Screenshot-627_zps2xduse6t.jpg
    The Christmas Cottage is very pretty! :) The festive furnishing of the exterior walls, the outdoors areas and the interior of the home looks very nice! The Christmas pine trees look very nice either sides of the front steps, and the garlands and wreaths look nice on the edge of the front porch , the windows and front door. The Christmas trees in the outdoors areas look very nice! The lights look nice on them. The water wheel and pond is a very nice feature in the build. Very nice exterior design of the cottage! The dormer looks great! The covered car port looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The festive living room area looks warming and homely. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there warming up near the fire. The dining area looks nice. The misted dining room window is a nice Wintery look. The Christmas tree look pretty in the nook.The wintery blue and purple colour scheme of the bedroom looks nice. The wall pattern adds to the nice look of the room. Very nice screened in back porch! The tea set table nook is nice there. Sims will enjoy resting there having a drink. It is great that there is a grill there for sims to enjoy cooking meals with sunlight coming into the room.
    It is a very nice cottage for celebrating Christmas in ! :)
    I've been adding some garden areas to the house lately. I'm kinda aiming for something that looks rustic and not too removed from the woods around it, but landscaped nonetheless. And there's a ton of fireplaces and fountains because those are my favorite things to decorate with :) This is only a corner of the lot - I also recently moved it to a 64 x 64 lot so there's plenty more room to add on. The fence looks different, but its all the same. The stone-like bits on some of the panels are actually fountains - the game is just in winter so the fountains are frozen. Maybe I can get different pictures when its spring ;)

Screenshot-643_zpstjmxh81i.jpg
    Bird's eye view.

Screenshot-639_zpsncajhtp3.jpg

Screenshot-640_zpse6bfhux5.jpg
    I tried to camouflage the swings under the patio. On the other side, there's a few waterslides. Should be good for the kids eventually, but Meara's enjoying it for now :)

Screenshot-641_zpsif5rjrrh.jpg
    Off to the other side, there's a hot tub, sauna, chess, and firepit. It's next to a poolhouse with an outdoor kitchen that overlooks the pool.

Screenshot-642_zps9utyyuhn.jpg

Screenshot-646_zps5v5s7jc8.jpg
    This is Fred. During a full moon, he spawned in as a zombie and drowned in the pool. So now he floats around the house, leaves fresh baked bread and lobster thermidor in the kitchen on an almost nightly basis, and plays with all the magic gnomes. And enjoys the sauna after everyone goes to bed...

Screenshot-645_zpsgbmfa1fh.jpg
    I guess the side effect of having happy horses/dogs/cats is a ton of gnomes?

Screenshot-644_zpsf80vvcos.jpg
    The outdoors areas look very nice! :) The fireplaces look very warming and welcoming. It is nice that there are places where sims can relax in the sauna and hot tub. Nice chess nook area for sims to have fun playing chess in the outdoors air. Sims will have fun swinging on the swings or sliding on the waterslide. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area for sims to relax there in the outdoors air, having a chat. There has been a lot of gnomes that have spawned on the lot !
    It is looking very nice! :)