Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We did not just lose toddler's with family orianted players

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hello :)

We lost proper newborn's and proper teens.

Newborns are just an object's to add the the one proper nursery set for boy/girl in the basegame.
The child sims have also just one proper set from boy/girl in the basegame.
The teens also have just one proper bedrom set for boy/girl in the basegame.

I wish that was it but all over the young sims we have lack lack lack in interactions and buy content and other parts of family
Play.

Newborn babies life stage is so boring with not much this do.
Child life stage is fun but not nearly enough for them to do and they need more family stuff to do. And too independent.
Teens are just like young adults to me and even lack teen clothing for me and also they are too in dependent.

Teens can move into a house start a business with get to work.

We need family play sorting out in this game so badly because it was never this bare in TS2/TS3 to begin with!

I wonder what the forums would be like today if the full life stages we were promised during developments were in the game.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by marcel21 on

Comments

• Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I agree with you there :) we need all of what you said and more!!

Also I think if everything had been added to the base game I'd imagine we would still have the LOL button :/
    I am though really shocked that we still don't have toddlers and more family play. I'm still faithful that this year we will get an expansion which brings family play, toddlers and pre-teens :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    So much all of what you said..

One of my biggest contentions with the game is that I have to hover over a sim to figure out it's age because between teens, YA and adults.. it's impossible to tell.

I know some people say that teens should look like young adults, but honestly.. majority of teens don't -- they aren't fully grown until 18/19 and I feel like (IMO, obviously everyone will have a different view) that should be encompassed in to 'young adult' stage.

I'd much rather have a teen in the ages of 15-17 range.. slightly smaller, maybe some pimples.. act out more, etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What would the forums be like today if there was all life stages?

It depends, you want have players asking for toddlers but all the other complaints would still ring around, be it culling, closed worlds lack of CASt ect. This is why I don't think toddlers would do much to enhance TS4 other than add another life stage.

It would still be TS4 at the end of the day and if you don't like TS4 now, you will still find things you don't like if they did add toddlers. I mean TS3 had toddlers but some people didn't like TS3 either so their dislike for TS3 was nothing to do with the lack of a life stage. I don't see that being any different in TS4 either.

But like I said before, there could be a time we get to see TS5, and if the devs are on board with things, it could be a good game so I am looking to the future :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    It depends, you want have players asking for toddlers but all the other complaints would still ring around, be it culling, closed worlds lack of CASt ect. This is why I don't think toddlers would do much to enhance TS4 other than add another life stage.

I don't understand this train of thought -- and not only from the toddler view point.

If they fixed culling, it's like saying that there are still closed worlds, no toddlers, CASt is missing, etc.

If they brought on toddlers, it's like saying that there are still bugs, there are still closed worlds, no CASt, etc.

With this mind set, no one will ever be happy. And it won't be any different in future iterations, such as TS5, because there will be things missing from that game that people miss or they will feel something wasn't done on par as previous games, etc.

If you don't look at it and say 'Hey! They added this to the game, that's awesome!' and allow it to at least enrich the game that much more.. the community is going to set itself up for a large disappointment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Newborns are just an object's to add the the one proper nursery set for boy/girl in the basegame.

I wish that was it but all over the young sims we have lack lack lack in interactions and buy content and other parts of family
    Play.

Child life stage is fun but not nearly enough for them to do and they need more family stuff to do. And too independent.
    Teens are just like young adults to me and even lack teen clothing for me and also they are too in dependent.

We need family play sorting out in this game so badly because it was never this bare in TS2/TS3 to begin with!

I wonder what the forums would be like today if the full life stages we were promised during developments were in the game.

If all the life stages were in the game - and done properly (no babies as objects) as well as open world and Create-a-Style I wouldn't be on this forum, I'd be playing the game.

• Options
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

If you don't look at it and say 'Hey! They added this to the game, that's awesome!' and allow it to at least enrich the game that much more.. the community is going to set itself up for a large disappointment.

Is that not he reality anyway?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    What would the forums be like today if there was all life stages?

*hops in time machine, goes to alternate timeline to check*

*sighs when I return*

They're complaining about closed worlds and toddlers lacking content.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I don't understand this train of thought -- and not only from the toddler view point.

If they fixed culling, it's like saying that there are still closed worlds, no toddlers, CASt is missing, etc.

If they brought on toddlers, it's like saying that there are still bugs, there are still closed worlds, no CASt, etc.

With this mind set, no one will ever be happy. And it won't be any different in future iterations, such as TS5, because there will be things missing from that game that people miss or they will feel something wasn't done on par as previous games, etc.

The problem is for me what they added doesn't make up for what they took away.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Which part.. the large disappointment, or people getting excited that they at least added something to the game that made it more enjoyable for them?

Because quite frankly, I miss toddlers the most out of this game (and I won't argue that there are other issues with the game, nor will I argue that it doesn't have its merits, because it does) -- but I'm not going to begrudge someone else from having whatever was on their list granted. Hence why I don't understand why you're saying 'well if they add x, then there's still a, b and c missing so what's the point.'
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

Which part.. the large disappointment, or people getting excited that they at least added something to the game that made it more enjoyable for them?

Because quite frankly, I miss toddlers the most out of this game (and I won't argue that there are other issues with the game, nor will I argue that it doesn't have its merits, because it does) -- but I'm not going to begrudge someone else from having whatever was on their list granted. Hence why I don't understand why you're saying 'well if they add x, then there's still a, b and c missing so what's the point.'

I was talking about the disappointment I see on the forums on a daily basis
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    I agree @Sim_Lucent , it's like, your house is falling apart but you don't want the contractor to fix the roof because the windows are broken. @king_of_simcity7 would have us all sit in the rubble in silence.

The fact of the matter is there are a lot of things fans would like fixed or added, but the implication at launch was that toddlers were only omitted because of time constraints so players assumed they would be patched in following launch just as other features were. The lack of follow up info on that has created an urgency that other issues simply do not have. This doesn't mean the other issues aren't important, nor does it mean that adding toddlers will fix everything wrong with the game, but it will go a long way toward regaining MY trust in this team, because until they add in all the life stages I will continue to question whether this iteration of the sims will ever cater to my play style.
  • Options

We'll have to agree to disagree on the fact that there's no real point in fixing anything, then, as this seems to be your common statement around the boards.

I agree @Sim_Lucent , it's like, your house is falling apart but you don't want the contractor to fix the roof because the windows are broken. @king_of_simcity7 would have us all sit in the rubble in silence.

The fact of the matter is there are a lot of things fans would like fixed or added, but the implication at launch was that toddlers were only omitted because of time constraints so players assumed they would be patched in following launch just as other features were. The lack of follow up info on that has created an urgency that other issues simply do not have. This doesn't mean the other issues aren't important, nor does it mean that adding toddlers will fix everything wrong with the game, but it will go a long way toward regaining MY trust in this team, because until they add in all the life stages I will continue to question whether this iteration of the sims will ever cater to my play style.

Agreed with all, but bolded that because it's exactly how I feel. At least adding things to the game that people are asking for instills a bit more confidence in the team.. and while it might be too late for some, I'm holding out for more. At least for now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited February 2016

We'll have to agree to disagree on the fact that there's no real point in fixing anything, then, as this seems to be your common statement around the boards.

[/quote]

Don't worry, maybe things will improve in TS5 B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Teens can live by themselves since when?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Teens can live by themselves since when?

I believe that would be March 26, 2015 :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Play.

I have to disagree with all of this, other than to the fact that more content always adds to the game.
    Newborns have more interactions than in previous game, despite being tied to an object. That's an improvement.
    Teens are more realistic being as tall as adults. (Most teens are fully grown in length for most of their teenage years). I don't see this change as an accident either as they have shown intentions to add pre-teens in the mix. (Pre-teens being a long-time request by fans.)

I guess I could agree that we only have one proper "set" for children, if by set you mean one colouring table and one chemistry set, other than that, it falls entirely on what you use for your sims? There are matching bedsidetables and furniture for most beds.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah, most teens aren't at full height irl. Even as short as I am, I grew a bit. 5'0" at the start of middle school, 5'2" now and recently finished high school.

The transition between the early life stages is just nonexistent. We get babies who look no older than 1, who turn into kids who look to be about 8-12, then teens who look 17-19. The teen stage should include more "teen" things, rather than being a young adult with homework. I really miss the mood swings, prom, pranks, etc.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Gradual height change would be a huge resource hog, probably, so they have to pick some height for children and teens. No matter what they pick, there will be a group of unhappy players. They can't win this one. And even if they did have gradual height change, then we'd probably just have a group of people complaining that they all end up the same height as YAs. Honestly, no winning.

I'd be happy with acne. ...For my Teen Sims. And even happier with a blacklist on townie clothes by age. I can personally live with whatever height the teens are as long as they aren't taller than YAs. There's a lot more to the game than watching Sims get older anyway, I'd rather have more gameplay than more height variance in age groups we already have, given they can't do everything.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising I think animation is still a long way off from gradual ageing, but we've had the *illusion* of gradual ageing since sims 2! Are you saying that since some folks can't agree on a *specific* height for kids and teens, they should all just be the height of adults? Should toddlers also be the height of adults? Lol! Why be such a defeatist about it? They've had differences in heights since sims 2. It is possible. I really don't understand your argument.

"even if they did have gradual height change, then we'd probably just have a group of people complaining that they all end up the same height as YAs. Honestly, no winning." You... you're not serious right? You can't honestly think that little of the community.

"There's a lot more to the game than watching Sims get older anyway, I'd rather have more gameplay than more height variance in age groups we already have, given they can't do everything." I would honestly agree if that was the trade off, but as I see it we have the same level if not less gameplay and ALSO no visual growth.

I would also like a by age clothing filter, so at least we agree on some things. :smile:
  • Options
    Gradual height change would be a huge resource hog, probably, so they have to pick some height for children and teens.

I wouldn't even care about a gradual height change. I just want to be able to tell my teens apart from my YA, and not have t hover over every sim that walks past to see if they're a suitable friend or not for my younger sims.

Slightly shorter, skinnier, acne.. anything just visually different would have been amazing (for me). I don't want to play the 18/19 year old that looks exactly the same once '21'ish or whatever a YA is.. I'd much rather have something different, as it's like playing the two same life stage sin a row.

But you're right. There is a lot of opposing opinions on this one. They're not likely to make everyone happy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    @esharpmajor All I'm saying is that there are players who want shorter teens and players who don't; that's it. Can't please 'em all.

Re. new gameplay: I mean in add-ons etc. I'd rather have the team put their budget into new content (as has been done since launch) than in revising base game content. That's my personal preference. I just imagine that shorter teens might mean no toddlers or less weather or only cats and dogs and no other pets or no something else I want (farms, say, or active school, or more games for children to play together), because by the time the game is done, there's x amount of budget, not infinity amount. And when it comes to choices going forward from where we are, that's my own preference. I understand if it's not shared! We all have our own priorities when it comes Sims, and they don't all mesh well all the time.

Teens should probably be shorter in Sims 5 (assuming there is one) as it seems many Simmers need more of a visual cue than we currently have. If it were up to me in from-scratch development, that would be my choice.

We tend to agree on quite a lot of things :) It's easy to forget that sometimes.
  • Options
    But you're right. There is a lot of opposing opinions on this one. They're not likely to make everyone happy.

Someone would probably even oppose the acne :/
  • Options
    Aaah I see, @luthienrising my apologies I misunderstood you. I was talking about the general principle while you were discussing what to do now that the decision has already been made. Fair enough! I'm a fix the base game kind of a gal but I certainly understand how a player who likes the game and is interested in purchasing new content would want to forge ahead and see some new features. Fair enough!
  • Options

Someone would probably even oppose the acne :/

I have no doubts on that, either. :(
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯