Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your hobbies?

Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
Besides playing Sims, of course.

I like to dance ballet (though I haven't got back to my ballet classes yet), are watching Netflix and sharing memes on Facebook hobbies? and my newest hobby is painting. I feel like my painter sims!!

I only had two classes yet and I'm already so proud of my work. I thought I would end up doing those funny low-level paintings.

WOmXGw7.jpg
A good quality big realistic painting. Yeahhhhhh.

By the way, here's my latest (unfinished) work if you want to see.
q0j21gc.jpg
Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Mainly writing, I'm not even sure it's a hobby these days... I think a hobby would take less of my life. I just need to make money off it and I could call it a career... with lots of overtime hours and a boss I hate (AKA my characters). And photography is another major hobby. Not that I do them enough these days but playing clarinet, and drawing and painting are hobbies too.

That's a great painting, too. :)
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I like reading, acting, and re-watching my favorite Disney movies over and over again. :)
    And of course Netflix.

Congrats on your painting, btw. Ballet is also really cool. I wish I had poise.
  • Kawaii4LifeKawaii4Life Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2016
    im an 'artist' you could say. i went to art school i studied cartooning/animation and fashion design. i want to have my own boutique. i also make beauty products. right now im an intern at a fashion magazine but i need a real job bc...interns work for free...

i had dance when i was a kid and it was terrible i wasnt flexible and my teacher would push me against the wall when we were strecthing and it hurt so much >__< i quit very soon after lol good luck on your dance journey!
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    @orangehippogriff thank you! poise is something you learn to get, actually. concentrating on a fixed spot in front of you is a good way to start!

@Kawaii4Life oh I know what it feels like to be 0% flexible. I started ballet classes last year when my friends had been dancing for about 1½ year. And though people get impressed when they see me stretch, I still suffer a lot in classes when it comes to stretching. :#
    I hope you get a paying job soon and can finally raise money to open your boutique! Fashion design seems to be a really cool thing to work with.

@dreamerz13 thank you! I used to write (and draw) when I was little, but then I grew up and self-criticism (and depression) destroyed my inspiration :/
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    My hobbies are writing, listening to music (Usually Elvis :D ), playing and recording video games, restoring broken cars and drawing :) Out of all of these I usually do the writing and recording video games the most! But I do try and find time for all of them. With my video game recordings I do intend to set up my own YouTube channel but have a few other "important" things to do first :)

I've been writing for about four/five years now. I love it! :) I have so many ideas, so many stories to tell and considering my health stops me from going out writing has been what I've done since I was diagnosed with ASD. However with my game recordings coming up I will take some time off from doing writing :)

I collect Elvis Presley records and have been since August last year! Already I have a dozen and more Elvis records including the newly released "If I Can Dream" which came out last year :) I love Elvis' music and will continue collecting his records until I have them all!!

I have a good feeling that this year is going to be a good one for my hobbies :)

Wow you're painting is really good! :) I wish I could draw/paint like you can. You should definitely stick with art, you're obviously very good at it :) I'm not much of a dancer but am glad that you are happy with your ballet :)

Matthew.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited February 2016
    Working out is probably my biggest "hobby". Between weight training, core exercises and walking, I'm doing something every day. Now that I'm getting up there in age, I need the activity and the extra flexibility.

I started reading comics again a few years ago, and if it weren't for the space limitations of my Kindle Fire HDX the Comixology app on it would be seriously bloated. I used to stick to DC titles like Harley Quinn, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Deathstroke, Teen Titans, etc., but I've branched out to Robyn Hood, the new Wynonna Earp, Lazarus, and I even tried Deadpool. Too bad the movie is better than the current series. :(

I've loved racing games my entire life. I'm currently finishing up Need For Speed: Most Wanted and expect to earn the "gold" license plate frame for Speed Level 71 within the next twenty-four hours. I'm still on the fence about buying the latest version when it's released on the 15th. I think for the most part it's too easy for me to win races and outrun the cops.

I like to draw, but I never get around to doing anything with my pencils.

If shopping is considered a hobby, I'm pretty good at that too. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like fishing when the weather is warm and baseball is a big thing for me in the spring and summer. I also do a lot of photography ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/54645467@N03/ )

I like to play other video games and occasionally binge on Netflix. I guess my Pinterest habit could be considered a hobby. I spend an hour or so on there everyday looking for recipes (I love to cook), Photography/Photoshop stuff, etc ....

I used to do a lot of writing but that has really dwindled down the last couple of years. I write with an online friend but she has been so inconsistent for a couple of years now. She'll be online for a few weeks to a month then she'll go away for 2 months then come back, then go away again, then come back, then go away and on an on and on. I haven't heard a peep from her in almost 3 months now and I'd be worried but this isn't unusual. So yeah I"m pretty much done at this point :confused:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    crocheting little things like flowers, hearts and at the moment doing an afghan blanket for me, it's taking a while but I love it!
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Playing the oboe and bassoon. (Yeah, still not the saxophone. Let me just say, if I told you the story you'd believe that fate itself led me to playing the oboe first. o.o) Also listening to music, and watching cartoons/anime. There really isn't much else I do. lol.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Playing the oboe and bassoon. (Yeah, still not the saxophone. Let me just say, if I told you the story you'd believe that fate itself led me to playing the oboe first. o.o) Also listening to music, and watching cartoons/anime. There really isn't much else I do. lol.

Wow you play the oboe @BariSaxy :) that's so awesome. I can't play any instruments because I find them too difficult to learn. Isn't the oboe really hard to play as well? I'm much more of a singer to be honest :smiley:

Matthew.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2016
    Music, music, music. Playing it, listening to it, making it, obsessing over it. :smile: I'm a pianist, but I'd like to pick up the guitar. That's on my list of things to do soon.

My other major hobbies are video games, yoga, cooking (especially baking), writing (mostly poetry), and martial arts which is something I've gotten away from lately, but am eager to get back into.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Sennie wrote: »
    BariSaxy wrote: »

Wow you play the oboe @BariSaxy :) that's so awesome. I can't play any instruments because I find them too difficult to learn. Isn't the oboe really hard to play as well? I'm much more of a singer to be honest :smiley:

Matthew.

Oh, it is. They say that the oboe, bassoon, and French horn are the most difficult of the winds to play - And look at me... Playing two of them. At one point, ten years ago, I really wanted to play the French horn, too!

Now I've played the bassoon for almost a decade, and I don't think that its difficulty compares to the oboe for me. The oboe is crazy! A lot of it comes down to the reed. They say double reeds in general (meaning oboe, bassoon, and other members of the families) give so much trouble, but my experience has been that bassoon reeds are sooo much more stable than oboe reeds.

My first oboe reed could not play notes toward the bottom of the treble clef at all. I thought it was something wrong with what I was doing, since I was a beginner. But it was the reed. Entirely the reed.

My current reed has MAJOR tuning issues. I don't currently play in an ensemble, so no one but my teacher and I have to hear it... but... >.<

When oboists complain about their reeds, they aren't joking! I had some bad bassoon reeds, but they still weren't anything compared to this. lol
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I play the @BariSaxy :D
    I also knit a lot ^^
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited February 2016
    Other than the basic watch movies, play games, and listen to music, some of mine are:

-Walking/running/hiking. Although I haven't done it lately due to being sick, I love it.
    -Camping. I don't do it very often, but when I get the chance, I never pass it up. I love camping.
    -Knife throwing. I'm not amazing with it, but I've gotten a lot better with practice. Hoping to build a new board soon.
    -Like @Ravager619, I'm very big into comic books, more specifically DC. I've got many comics hanging on the walls in my room, mostly consisting of my favorite covers over the years.
    -Cooking. I enjoy doing up different recipes and being able to enjoy it after I'm done with it. Lately, my favorite thing to do is making beef jerky in a dehydrator.
    Wow, that's some unusual hobbies, @SoapSuds. Knife throwing, eh? Really cool!
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    @Ompabop1234 Yeah, I enjoy knife throwing for fun. It's just so satisfying getting a nice, clean hit on a target (target being a paper target on my throwing board or something of the sort). Kind of like playing darts. I've been collecting knives/swords for some time now, which I guess could be a hobby as well. I really enjoy the craftsmanship/blacksmithing that goes into making them. Would love to have blacksmithing be a hobby at some point.
    @SoapSuds I guess I love every craft. It's so admirable how much dedication it takes to create a well done item - whether it's a knife, a sweater or a chair. I also like to paint, make little clay figurines, and embroydery, but I don't spend as much time doing it on a weekly basis.
  • kailayykailayy Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2016
    I dance. Hip hop, house and vogue mostly. Compete, go to battles and do gigs.
    Also do photography and play other video games (Assassin's Creed, The Elder Scrolls, GTA etc)
    I also love doing makeup and spend too much money buying new makeup that I don't need but must have.
    f83dfb1c9b73678c25af9b6044949efa.gif
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    edited February 2016
    kailayy wrote: »
    I dance. Hip hop, house and vogue mostly. Compete, go to battles and do gigs.
    Also do photography and play other video games (Assassin's Creed, The Elder Scrolls, GTA etc)
    I also love doing makeup and spend too much money buying new makeup that I don't need but must have.

You vogue???? One of my life goals is to be able to vogue fiercely without dying of asthma after 10sec
    I also like to take pictures and buy makeup. I would play other video games if I had a good computer and money to buy a lot of games. We must be twins :D
    edited March 2016
    I play the @BariSaxy :D

You play the baritone saxophone?

That's cool. I had a great friend back in high school marching band who played it. She was super cool, and I got to sit by her in the stands... There was this one pep song we played where she got to solo!

The baritone saxophone is one sexy instrument! =P Someday I'll have to own one to justify my username. (If you think I'm joking... I'll do it. I'll really do it. I'm that off-the-wall these days. lol)

Okay, I've digressed too much... Sorry. I really do need some sleep!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • JessiebrumJessiebrum Posts: 21 Member
    pc games, cats, tea, literature and movies :D now you know all about me
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Spreading the amazingness of AMD and video gaming.

I'm looking into getting photography, but to lazy too.

I also hike, but I only hike up mountains. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I also hike, but I only hike up mountains. o:)

How do you get down again? :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    How do you get down again? :p

I fly. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Besides gaming, reading comics, watching anime and binge watching BBC Sherlock, I mostly draw, either with pencil or on my 3DS, though these drawings are quite old (frigging GSCEs are getting in the way lol):

mlwa770gyg0a0h_8g__by_darksuperninja-d92w7w4.jpg

tumblr_nrp83jev0L1u712zzo1_540.jpg

lara_croft___rise_of_the_tomb_raider_sketch_by_darksuperninja-d9lp5ql.jpg

I also play piano and scroll around forums, such as this one! xD