Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides Popularity?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    dw4518 wrote: »
    sunlit tides is beautiful but i don't like the layout.. not much space and lots all spread out

I agree - that is the hardest part of this world. It is circular but is mostly ocean so it is very easy to get disoriented.

I always used to pick a lot and keep my Sims on it and never explore - but these days I have them going all over the place. I just have to stop and think which way is up before trying to send them somewhere.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    A discussion about Sunlit Tides' townies just isn't complete without the presence of @CravenLestat :)

As for the world, it's one of my favorites, but I have to agree the circular layout can get a bit confusing at times. Since it's so pretty, I think it would be a great location for a story, especially if you plan to use a lot of pictures.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Suzses I am busted,you have no idea how hard it was not to fill this thread full of ST girls screenshots.LOL you outted me. *Hugs*
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @CravenLestat Haha. I can't read it without picturing some of your screenshots in my head.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I remember Lucky Palms didn't have any problems, only thing was there were no tuna fishing spots, remedied by grabbing some at university. I have an established family there on generation 3. I wonder if that would be interesting enough, or whether a new family would be more so? Who is familiar with the residents and goings-on with Lucky Palms?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    I remember Lucky Palms didn't have any problems, only thing was there were no tuna fishing spots, remedied by grabbing some at university. I have an established family there on generation 3. I wonder if that would be interesting enough, or whether a new family would be more so? Who is familiar with the residents and goings-on with Lucky Palms?

All my recent games are LP and I completely remade the entire world over.Turned out awesome.I know all the townies too and posted a billion pictures of

Lina Lancaster.

Screenshot-1704_zpswuvlx2eh.jpg

Screenshot-1703_zpsisxg1bbw.jpg

Screenshot-1682_zpsnkwpm9vn.jpg

Screenshot-1684_zpscqajlqfp.jpg

Screenshot-1665_zpsvbrhcqlf.jpg

Screenshot-1687_zpskqdyoeoo.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat I think one of my sims in my established LP family game are involved with her, one of the sons in the 3rd generation or maybe it was the father. I plonked my family down while the gen 2 were toddlers. So maybe it's Lina's children my gen 3 are involved with. I'll have to have a look and let you know, if you're interested that is.
    Do you think my established family or a new family would be more interesting to write about? My established family are from my own My Studio, The Caldwells, who were a sim I made as a non active resident for Sunset Valley a long time ago, Tina Caldwell, and nraas story progression paired her up with an immigrant named Kane who was pretty good and they made a good pair, so I saved them and added them as non actives in other games I made, and they always had nice children, so one time I saved them with their babies and put them in my My Studio. One day I decided to actually play them, in Lucky Palms, from that upload. That is the established family I have there, with those babies now adults with teenage children, Tina as an old lady and Kane a ghost. If I were to write about them, it'd have to be from the present stage because I never took any screenshots of them earlier. If that isn't interesting enough for people then maybe a new fresh family would be better. What do you think? Just thinking story writing would make things more long-lasting interesting for me this time around, as it used to do for me with Sims 2.
    Yes am interested,and Lina has great genetics :) Your children will be beautiful swans.I think you should start fresh plus it will be new and exciting and keep your interest more.Also you can keep up with your screenshots as you go along in a new start since you do not have the old ones.

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat OK so I'm looking in My Studio at the previous sims/households I've made. Here are the households http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=DivinylsFan&assetType=household I'm thinking maybe Harry, I haven't played her before only put in as an extra in Roaring Heights once. I have some others which have been culled and can't reupload. I think her first name is Susan. Maybe the dark reddish haired dude from the Parker household, the one with the apron. He was interesting I remember making him, haven't played him before either. Want to shorten the process a little see. His household was also for Roaring Heights. I'd still have to go in Cas to change their clothes I guess, for modern day. Snow wouldn't be out of place in Lucky would it, I'm sure Vegas gets snow sometimes. Not that I would actually know, I'm Aussie, but it's not completely south of the continent, and some of the middle eastern countries got snow while the refugees were camping. Maybe it was just Turkey. But they depict palm trees in much of their artwork, as does many areas like Spain, according to a documentary I watched about ancient art. Pretty sure Spain gets snow sometimes. Rome certainly does and the Romans had heaps of palm trees.
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    not sure if anyone here checks the create a world thread but, i have totally remastered Sunlit Tides into a small city vacation mecca. I have a video up on YouTube called "New Sims 3 world Sunlit Tides Remastered" if y'all would like to check it out. Also have tons of screenshots of what I've been doing in the world up to this point. It's not finished yet but it is definitely moving in the direction i wanted. Happy Simming! =)
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Screenshot-1665_zpsvbrhcqlf.jpg

She has a look on her face like "Whatever you do to me CravenLestat, I'm going to do the same to you." }:)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 No that would be this one.

Screenshot-1663_zps2utgqkbm.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    sunlit tides is beautiful but i don't like the layout.. not much space and lots all spread out

Either put in the Subway stations from Late Night, or the LLAMA booths from Supernatural and you can just port to where ever you want.
    edited March 2016
    bklienhart wrote: »

Either put in the Subway stations from Late Night, or the LLAMA booths from Supernatural and you can just port to where ever you want.

Absolutely agree with bklienhart. Sunlit Tides is a place where you shouldn't feel rushed. however long it takes is however long it takes. IMO Sunlit Tides has lots of space probably more beachfront then any other world and a huge lakes everywhere. Still deciding on whether i should put subway's in my rendition or not?
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    ok so I went with Sunlit Tides, sorry @CravenLestat I tried Lucky Palms, I had a family there previously which I still have aside somewhere to play further one day, and it was like my new sim was cutting in on someone's lunch, even though it was a fresh new game.
    I made a blog, it was too tedious to do the photobucket and on the forum thing. Although it took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to do the blog. After that it was easy.
    Anyway, here's the link www.bobbiedivsworks.com I've done Part 1, which I divided up into 11 pages, those page numbers are found down the bottom of the part 1 post and I wrote up the top of each page how many pictures there are before the bottom. Tried to keep that to around 10 per page so there's not too much scrolling involved. I have story for the part 2, so I will try to get that together this week.
    I decided there will be a short winter, with snow, because I was watching some documentaries .. I'm into doing that .. some about the Romans, and they have palm trees and it snows there. Of course they probably don't grow there naturally, introduced, but that is the case in a lot of western world countries, that also snow, because palm trees are trendy and give off a sense of wealth because they are expensive to buy. I've actually seen palm trees in people's front yards in a town in Australia that gets snow in the winter. So there.
    edited April 2016
    ok so I went with Sunlit Tides, sorry @CravenLestat I tried Lucky Palms, I had a family there previously which I still have aside somewhere to play further one day, and it was like my new sim was cutting in on someone's lunch, even though it was a fresh new game.
    I made a blog, it was too tedious to do the photobucket and on the forum thing. Although it took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to do the blog. After that it was easy.
    Anyway, here's the link www.bobbiedivsworks.com I've done Part 1, which I divided up into 11 pages, those page numbers are found down the bottom of the part 1 post and I wrote up the top of each page how many pictures there are before the bottom. Tried to keep that to around 10 per page so there's not too much scrolling involved. I have story for the part 2, so I will try to get that together this week.
    I decided there will be a short winter, with snow, because I was watching some documentaries .. I'm into doing that .. some about the Romans, and they have palm trees and it snows there. Of course they probably don't grow there naturally, introduced, but that is the case in a lot of western world countries, that also snow, because palm trees are trendy and give off a sense of wealth because they are expensive to buy. I've actually seen palm trees in people's front yards in a town in Australia that gets snow in the winter. So there.

having palm trees in hidden planters and the like in the "summer" is a lot different from them growing naturally and surviving the "winter". Palms or varying varieties of them can grow naturally in climatic zones of 8b and up. Anything lower then that and historical meteorological data has shown, frost would inevitably kill them before they have a chance to mature.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    have you seen Australian front yards? they're not in planters.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I've only seen palms in planters if people want to keep them small or indoors. I live in Australia.
    edited April 2016
    have you seen Australian front yards? they're not in planters.

Simply put; extended periods of temps of below minus 5-10 degrees Celsius will kill almost all varieties of palms and tropical plants. Snow may fall infrequently but the temperature must not fall below that in order for tropical varieties of plants to survive.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    I guarantee you there's plenty of people in Tasmania who have palm trees in their front yard. There's people in Orange (NSW Australia) who have palm trees in their front yard, and it snows there. It snows in Tasmania. In the Mediterranean there are palm trees all over the place and it snows there. They have alps. If you google snow palm trees, there's photos of some from Florida. In the middle east there are palm trees everywhere, it snowed at a Syrian refugee camp last year. It was on TV.
    I guarantee you there's plenty of people in Tasmania who have palm trees in their front yard. There's people in Orange (NSW Australia) who have palm trees in their front yard, and it snows there. It snows in Tasmania. In the Mediterranean there are palm trees all over the place and it snows there. They have alps. If you google snow palm trees, there's photos of some from Florida. In the middle east there are palm trees everywhere, it snowed at a Syrian refugee camp last year. It was on TV.

I live in a place that gets snow and there are also palm trees that grow naturally. it's not Australia but there is no question that snow sometimes happens in places that are in zones 8b and above. Snow itself doesn't kill palm trees, cold does.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    It's just like, here in Australia there are many people even in the northern parts, who like to keep an English country style garden and the climate isn't right for it, but they do it anyway, use special things, fertilizers whatever. I've seen it.

I live in a place that gets snow and there are also palm trees that grow naturally. it's not Australia but there is no question that snow sometimes happens in places that are in zones 8b and above. Snow itself doesn't kill palm trees, cold does.

And so, having palm trees in a Sims 3 GAME where you also choose to have winter with snow is not unreasonable. They are sims. Civilized humanoid type sims, who have mobile phones. The logic would be they also have the resources and know how to have a palm tree in their yard while it snows. If they were indigenous tribespeople in caveman times, they would not, but they are simulated as modern day people and towns, and pretty much every city and town centre, and mansion I've seen, in places that snow and places that don't, have palm trees and well to do households in the northern parts of Australia where the average temp in Summer is 104, have English country style gardens. If it looks nice and they like it they make it happen. It's not unusual to see plants and for that matter animals that aren't suited for a town's climate, especially in the town centre, foreshore/show off place, and well to do houses.
    and they survive because they look after them and use special treatments, to say look at me.

And so, having palm trees in a Sims 3 GAME where you also choose to have winter with snow is not unreasonable. They are sims. Civilized humanoid type sims, who have mobile phones. The logic would be they also have the resources and know how to have a palm tree in their yard while it snows. If they were indigenous tribespeople in caveman times, they would not, but they are simulated as modern day people and towns, and pretty much every city and town centre, and mansion I've seen, in places that snow and places that don't, have palm trees and well to do households in the northern parts of Australia where the average temp in Summer is 104, have English country style gardens. If it looks nice and they like it they make it happen. It's not unusual to see plants and for that matter animals that aren't suited for a town's climate, especially in the town centre, foreshore/show off place, and well to do houses.

No no no. having palm trees in the game while having seasons on with "occasional" snow is just fine. The type of palm tree would matter though. (at least to me) The overnight low temperatures are what is important and if you take a place like Sunlit Tides which is by my understanding located at or near the equator, it simply would not get any snow just like fiji does not get any snow. Coconut palms and the Pongam trees that are in the town simply DO not grow naturally in places that get snow let a lone periods of minus 5-10 degree Celsius temperatures.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg