Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members? (On the Forum or On The Sims, EA?)

I personally think, this badge system is unpleasant. I have been playing since The Sims: Vacation and spent hours and hours (oh, and money) on TheSims2.com. I think a new badge system should be implemented. Like, registering your games (S, S2, S3, S4) to earn points. SOMETHING? I recently just joined this forum, because in every single one I've been gets shut down.
When will my reflection show?
0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif

Comments

• OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I've been playing for a decade now but I can't post pictures on the forum yet... It's so weird.
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    Me too, but itrs weird I ccan post pics...
    When will my reflection show?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
  • TexAg2009TexAg2009 Posts: 4 New Member
    Bahahahahaha I have been a member since 2009, just got my sixth anniversary badge, but I only have 30 points so I'm a "new member"... no, I just like to play the game more than I like to talk about playing the game! Oh, and I have things like a job and a home and kids that require my attention!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The ranking system is to slow down trolls and trouble makers.
    Anyone can sign up, with or without registered games, and anyone can cause trouble, or not.

Its really easy to become a member I did it within a couple of days of being active on the forum (even though I'd signed up over a year before)
    Just post good stuff, stuff that is worthy of being liked, or jut downright awesome stuff, and you'll be a full member in no time.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    TexAg2009 wrote: »
    Bahahahahaha I have been a member since 2009, just got my sixth anniversary badge, but I only have 30 points so I'm a "new member"... no, I just like to play the game more than I like to talk about playing the game! Oh, and I have things like a job and a home and kids that require my attention!

Hello @TexAg2009 . Try to keep posting on the different sections of the forums and you will soon get the required 50 points/30 posts that you need to become a full member. With you having a busy life and caring for your family, perhaps post just on a few threads at a time when you can and then come back another day. You will then soon get what is needed to become a member.

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I've been playing for a decade now but I can't post pictures on the forum yet... It's so weird.

Ompabop, did you try signing out and signing back in? You should have enough points to be a member now.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    SimGuruDrake has already said that they don't want to have people register their games on this site. She said it wouldn't be fair to those who play the older Sims games such as TS, TS2, TSM, Sims Stories and such since the codes has already been used when they registered them on those sites. Plus the fact that not everyone has TS3 or TS4.

This system is in place to keep out any would be trolls who just want to try to ruin the site and the fun of being on this site. Back when this site first started back in August 2014, we had a rash of trolls who just wanted to post nasty, unwanted and illegal pictures as their avatars, so EA put this in place to stop New Members from posting pictures and such. Then we just had a rash of spambot attacks that was made by New Members who were trying to advertise a Korean datng site and that was when SGDrake said about how they don't want to make users to have to register their games.

The system is just fine the way it is.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > SimGuruDrake has already said that they don't want to have people register their games on this site. She said it wouldn't be fair to those who play the older Sims games such as TS, TS2, TSM, Sims Stories and such since the codes has already been used when they registered them on those sites. Plus the fact that not everyone has TS3 or TS4.
    >
    > This system is in place to keep out any would be trolls who just want to try to ruin the site and the fun of being on this site. Back when this site first started back in August 2014, we had a rash of trolls who just wanted to post nasty, unwanted and illegal pictures as their avatars, so EA put this in place to stop New Members from posting pictures and such. Then we just had a rash of spambot attacks that was made by New Members who were trying to advertise a Korean datng site and that was when SGDrake said about how they don't want to make users to have to register their games.
    >
    > The system is just fine the way it is.

It was fine until it broke :-( Now nobody is allowed to get promoted from new member.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.