Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Tasks in Get To Work -- GONE?!

What happened to the daily tasks your sim would have to complete each day to get their promotion? Were they taken away with a patch or something?

I ask because I am playing with my simself, and I have her in the doctor career. But her last two days of work have been HORRIBLE! No daily tasks, no way of knowing WHEN her day will actually end, no way to *extend* her day..... If all of this is gone due to the Get Together pack and whatever update of origin and/or the game itself, then this is BOGUS!

I am actually playing a challenge game -- a game based off of the Rosebud achievement that is IN the game -- and because of the NO DAILY TASKS, my sim will not take home more than $22 measly simoleons each day.

WHY WAS THIS REMOVED FROM THE GAME?!???
Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    I can tell you that I have both expansions and my daily tasks are fine. I have a few mods but I agree with Rose, first thing to check is removing all mods/cc. If that fixes it then you have a bad mod or piece of cc. I hope you don't, but at the same time that might be the easiest fix. Or again like Rose said, try repairing the game. Definitely a glitch, your tasks should be there. (Unless, silly question, she's not at the top of the career is she? I haven't got there yet with any sim, but maybe that goes away once you reach the top? Not sure.)
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Rose - It has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not I have cc or mods!!! Some time ago, I thought I had read something about the developers taking that away. That people were getting frustrated because they *couldn't* FINISH those tasks! THAT'S what I am talking about!!! NOT whether my game is corrupt because of maybe, possibly some cc or mods.

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU KEEP TELLING THEM **WHAT** TO DO WITH THEIR GAME!!!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    MsPrissy88, my Scientist and Doctor Sims are still able to do their daily tasks and the timer that shows how many working hours there's left is also there. Maxis has not removed those features. So, clearly there's something seriously weird going on in your game. One of the usual suspects is mods and CC, which is why Rosemow kindly suggested trying if that's to blame. I can understand that you're frustrated, but there's no need to lash it out on those who are trying to help you.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I had this exact thing happen after the last patch. After I downloaded the updated UI Extensions mod, everything was back to normal.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png