Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Chrysanthemum Tango - a new fantasy adventure

Comments

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2016
    So this is the last chapter that was created during my writing spree. I guess I have to start writing again. :)

Chapter 21: Gifts
    wO37San.jpg

Some gifts are impossible to wrap into neat little boxes and decorate with bows. Though Tad wouldn't be good at wrapping any gifts, really. But that's not really relevant when one has the power to travel between states of reality.

Have a great time people!
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    I have followed your blog in hopes to start reading this story! :O FANTASY!!!!
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
    @OhRenSims :) I hope you'll like it.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hello! It's been a while. I've been trying to catch the plot. And after that was done I decided that I want some more character moments first. So here's the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

Chapter 22: A Place in the World
    xTO8y38.jpg

Tad ponders his journey and the world - big surprise. Sometimes it's the smallest sparks that light the biggest fires.

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Hello! It's been a while. I've been trying to catch the plot. And after that was done I decided that I want some more character moments first. So here's the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

Chapter 22: A Place in the World
    xTO8y38.jpg

Tad ponders his journey and the world - big surprise. Sometimes it's the smallest sparks that light the biggest fires.

I hope you enjoy!

Started reading this by curiosity I am not finished yet, It's amazing how wise this chapter is.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    @Simsophonique :blush: Thank you! I'm glad there's some sense in my semi-philosophical ramblings! :)
    My Sims stories:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @Simsophonique :blush: Thank you! I'm glad there's some sense in my semi-philosophical ramblings! :)

It is @RipuAncestor and it deserves a jar of cookies :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

It is @RipuAncestor and it deserves a jar of cookies :)

@Simsophonique Thank you again! :blush: Yay, cookies!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! I've managed to finally get my thoughts properly in order and figure out what I want to do next for the Chrysanthemum Tango, so here's the next chapter:

Chapter 23: Dreams and Nightmares
    WXsQmSN.jpg

What was there to be said about dreams? What about nightmares? Almost anything, really, but this chapter tells just a few things about some specific dreams, nightmares, and a morbid yet reassuring eternity.

As you can see, I should probably stop writing these chapter teaser-things when I'm about to go to sleep. :sweat: But anyway, I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I didn't know you had a thread! *waveswildly* Hi!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited September 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @CathyTea *waves back* Well, I do! :) I think that not many other people know about my story threads either.

My Sims stories:
    @CathyTea *waves back* Well, I do! :) I think that not many other people know about my story threads either.

For me, it was because this is in the regular "Creative Corner > Stories and Legacies" category, rather than in the Sims 4 Creative Corner > Stories and Legacies. I rarely venture out of the little corner where I first started...

I know that SimGuruDrake was talking about combining the Creative Corners into one... that'll be awesome when that happens, esp. for those of you who are active in both and for those of us who are friends with you!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

For me, it was because this is in the regular "Creative Corner > Stories and Legacies" category, rather than in the Sims 4 Creative Corner > Stories and Legacies. I rarely venture out of the little corner where I first started...

I know that SimGuruDrake was talking about combining the Creative Corners into one... that'll be awesome when that happens, esp. for those of you who are active in both and for those of us who are friends with you!
    @CathyTea I'm really hoping they will merge. The separate creative corners have created a totally unnecessary wall between people who create with TS4 and the people who use the other Sims. It took me a long time to actually dare to start posting on the Writer's Lounge because I was afraid I didn't belong there because my stories are in TS3. :/
    My Sims stories:

@CathyTea I'm really hoping they will merge. The separate creative corners have created a totally unnecessary wall between people who create with TS4 and the people who use the other Sims. It took me a long time to actually dare to start posting on the Writer's Lounge because I was afraid I didn't belong there because my stories are in TS3. :/

Oh, that's sad! But I know what you mean--I even feel that way now that I've started my TS3 story! LOL! I feel like I'm probably missing out on a lot of neat threads from never venturing out of my corner. Merging them will help all of us hang out together!

Well, I had this mostly written already so... hours of editing and finishing touches later, here it is: the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

Chapter 24: They All Meet in an Inn
    7qNulCo.jpg

It's finally time to get back on track and try to face the people behind the gemstone-theft. But there are always things that get in the way, and sometimes those obstacles can take unexpected forms.

Well, I'll start going to bed now. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
    My Sims stories:
    Good evening/day/morning/something else to you people! I have a new update for the Chrysanthemum Tango here:

Chapter 25: Cause, Effect, Love
    rBVyCih.jpg

Death and Love walk into a bar... and that's not the beginning of a joke.

I hope you enjoy! Have a lovely weekend!
    My Sims stories:
    edited October 2016
    Hello again! My chapter buffer is diminishing... yikes, soon I have to write again and not just edit! I don't mind, really. :smiley: But I'm not so sure about this chapter... I kind of like it, yet on the other hand I think it's way too ambitious of me to deliberately set up such a contrived scenario and try to make it actually work. Also it's a plot-chapter so I didn't have a chance to go into my comfort zone of semi-philosophical ramblings and proper character moments. Ugh... Well, you can be the judge on how horribly I fail this time! Anyway, here's the chapter:

Chapter 26: Party Crashers
    FeLrqnu.jpg

A fairytale castle (almost), pretty dresses, and tiny foods... Amelia has really found her adventure. And Tad is about to finally reach the thieves he has been after. So what could possibly go wrong? Everything, really.
    My Sims stories:
    Well, here goes the last chapter before I have to start writing again. I'll try to get at least one Tango (after this one) and one Fey of Life out before November and NaNoWriMo start. Though I have some pretty time-consuming schoolwork too so who knows if I'll actually make it. But anyway, without further rambling, here's the newest chapter to the Chrysanthemum Tango:
    Chapter 27: Cemetery Chase
    amVnZYu.jpg

Cemeteries are supposed to be peaceful places. Tonight... not so much.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely day!
    My Sims stories:
    Hi guys! NaNoWriMo just started and I stayed up way too late so I could start writing when the clock hit midnight! Thankfully my school starts in the afternoon so I still have plenty of time to sleep. But that'll have to wait for a little longer, because I promised myself to post a chapter on The Chrysanthemum Tango before I lose myself completely in NaNo (and schoolwork, I guess :smile:) for the month. So here you go:

Chapter 28: Water Under the Bridge
    9aFk0vT.jpg

A truce is made. Familial love is (not) displayed. And being alive makes for a delicious spice.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    edited November 2016
    Hello you all! I'm still doing NaNo, but I managed to get some SimLit writing done too! Yay! This chapter wouldn't leave me alone so I figured I'd get it done now. So here it is, the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango:

Akdxk4h.jpg
    Chapter 29: Paying Debts, Saying Goodbye

Flowers, stories, debts, and a sombre parting make for an emotionally draining day.

I hope you guys enjoy and have a lovely time! :)
    My Sims stories:
    Happy new year everyone! The year just changed here so I'm posting this as pretty much the first thing this year! Yay? Anyway, here we go, the thirtieth chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 30: Hospitality
    HhEnuD7.jpg

Amelia thinks about gifts and pity and bribes while she tries to go back to normal. It's not that easy, as even kindness feels more complicated than usually.

I hope your year shifts peacefully and nicely. :heart:
    My Sims stories:
    Hello everyone! Here's a surprisingly quick update for Chrysanthemum Tango from me. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 31: Break. Connection.
    VGJX6u5.jpg

Tad takes a break and tries to make a friend. It works. Maybe.

Have a lovely time everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    Hiiiii! It took some time, but I got the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango done! Finally! Also it's a super ill-timed Spooky Day-themed chapter because who cares about timing. :lol: Anyway, I hope you enjoy:

Chapter 32: Spooky Day Fragments
    xA2R1q5.jpg

It's Spooky Day, a time of spirits, jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, and remembering-how-we've-got-to-this-point. And possibly also a time for frightening encounters.

Have a lovely time, everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    edited March 2017
    Hi guys! Do you like slice-of-life chapters that set up future events? If you do, then do I have a treat for you! And if you don't... uh, do you happen to like my Chrysanthemum Tango -story? If you do, then here we go:

Chapter 33: The Month of Death
    PvrYM4t.jpg

It's the time when nature starts falling asleep, and Riverview is getting sleepy as well. But encounters are still encountered, and plans are still planned.

I hope you guys enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    edited March 2017
    Hello again you lovely people! It's another beautiful day when I have time to edit my writing! So now I give you the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 34: Of Schemes, Corpses, and Birthdays
    2qTYv4E.jpg

A spectrum of emotions, a spectrum of life and death... that's what both questionable schemes and everyday life often entail.

I hope you enjoy, maybe give some feedback, and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories: