Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 Complete Collection on Origin

Comments

• amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    I always thought it would be interesting to actually play the sims 1. I started in sims 3 so it would be cool to see where the servers came from.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @lisamwitt wrote: »
    They have a huge, loyal fanbase that still loves 1,2, and 3. If they offered the older ones up on Origin with at least minimal support, they'd get a lot of buyers. I don't know if they are oblivious to this, or choose to ignore it because they don't want to bother.

It's because The Sims 1 isn't a modern day game, they would have to rebuild it from the ground up.
    And they probably don't have the original assets, so it would be rebuilt, not remastered.

They may decide to go with a Sims 1 remaster over a Sims 5 in 2020. Who knows.
    There may also be an issue with it being made under Maxis, not EA. And it's still Will Wrights property?

So many reasons. We all know EA don't say no to easy money, so there has to be a reason.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    TS2 complete collection was offered on origin before. I snagged it when I could, is it not still available?
    Also it would be awesome to have TS1 available again. But I could definitely see some obstacles in the way. It really is a dated game made for dated computers.
    They have too much going with TS4 I don't think they'd see the worth in repurposing and putting out the original sims. Although I'd buy the complete collection in a heartbeat. I would love to have the complete collections of 1, 2 and 3 :)
  • simcard01simcard01 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I can't see anywhere else to ask this and for some reason it will only let me comment on existing threads.

I love making magic on the sims I've tried sims 2 and 3 which were ok but I still love making magic so I dusted off the complete collection. I have found a glitch in the game which I cannot find any answer as to why this is happening but it won't allow me to use half the ingredients. (beeswax and golden thread, to name 2 off the top of my head), I think the feather's another. Someone did post this on a different website and they were told to look at the family spell book and to buy a charms machine. I now have 2 charm machines and both don't allow me to put in all the ingredients. Is this a game glitch or do you have to cast so many spells before it'll allow you to use the other ingredients? (it's been a while since I played it last)
  • GloGloGoldfishGloGloGoldfish Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to buy the Sims 1 Complete Collection from Origin!!
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I believe if you contact Origin Customer Service they will still give you TS2 complete collection for free, or so I've been told.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I know this post is a few months old, but if they ever offered the sims 1 and 2 ultimate collections on origin I would likely cry tears of joy for like a week and it's hard to make me happy. I have loved the sims games since forever and grew up with these games.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I would love it, I have all the sims 1 expansion packs. They worked perfect on my fiancé's PC before he upgraded to Windows 10. Now they don't :'(

I had 10 for about a week until I rolled back to 8. Pretty much everything ran oddly or not at all on it. 8 may not be the most popular windows either, but at least everything worked.

Yeah this topic is old but ahhhh Windows 8 lol. I hated it from the first time I tried it, 10 on the other hand, I actually like a lot. Even if it requires a bit of searching & testing to get some things to run (which in Windows 8, I felt you always just had to use desktop mode for, because in this horrifying app mode, I couldn't get anything to run easily, or the way I felt it should :D). But then, I still have 7 on my pc lol. It's the Windows rule, isn't it? One good, one bad, one good, one bad. So by all estimations, stay away from Windows 11! :dizzy:

On topic: the reason Origin doesn't really offer support for 1 is because you'd have to use tricks to get it to run on newer computers (just like you have for all PC games from that time). Then the other reason they don't fully support 1 and 2 isn't because they're oblivious to the sales they might be making (but then again: what can you really still charge for such old games??) but for the same reason you sooner or later will have to update to a newer Windows version as well - they remove support primarily because they want to earn money on the newer versions :) sometimes, the success of newer things is partly ensured by making older ones disappear.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I forgot about my old laptop that had Windows Vista on it. I cranked it up and installed the Complete Collection and it worked! :)) I've been playing for two days lmao. It's been so long, I already burnt my kitchen down and killed my sim... whoops.
  • ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ah yes, I'd love the Sims 1 UC on origin! Trying to load Sims 1 on an old Windows XP Dell Computer I have. Woot
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    I would definitely buy it!! :smiley:
    Have so many childhood-memories of that game <3 and Makin' Magic was just unbelievable!! I remeber skipping school once just so I could play it all day :oB) trying to save up enough of those magic coins to buy one the houses in that magic town.
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Pleasee! #WeWantSims1Collection
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    You know, several months ago, I was installing The Sims 1 on this computer (all expansions), when suddenly I had to stop at Superstar. Somehow I lost Disc 2. And for some reason, I have two Disc 1's of Superstar. I had to cancel the installation.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Got TS1 to install on Win10 machine, but not launching yet, just the screen to do it with. Still looking for a fix.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Fix for The Sims on Windows 10.

https://simsvip.com/2018/02/09/play-sims-1-windows-10-widescreen-fix/

EBay has copies of the complete collection for around $50 and you can also get it on Amazon for around $100.
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's because a lot of people can't install it on newer systems. They'd probably have to make some modifications to make it available. I think it would be an amazing gesture to the community to offer it.

I finally figured out the reason we can't install it on our newer computers. Sims original is like 16 bit? Most computers today are 64 bit. If they would change that one thing, I'm pretty sure I could get my game to play once again!

Recently, they made Theme Hospital, which would not run from disk, availabe. I have it. The download will run on my Windows 10, 64 bit computer. I suspect, if they did the same with the original Sims game, it would work as well. :)

• SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I still have my copy of TS1 Complete Collection, but my current gaming laptop doesn't have a disc drive... I would absolutely buy it if they sold it on Origin.

Who knows, maybe EA is waiting to release it on Origin in 2 years for its 20th Anniversary?
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I would love that... In the meantime, there's FreeSO, but it's still not the original. But there are ways of fixing the compatibility, I've seen a tutorial how to run it on WIN10. :)
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Sims 1 Complete on Origin would be great. I re-bought it a few days ago because one of the discs on my original copy stopped working. To my pleasant surprise, it was much easier to install on my old Windows 8.1 laptop than I expected (I had way more trouble getting 2 to work on there!). I ran it in compatibility mode, right-clicked to run as administrator and that worked a charm. I also did the no CD patch simply to preserve the discs and it's worked nicely. Only thing is, that particular laptop has a really annoying habit of exiting out of games at random which is causing my game to freeze. Running it in windowed mode will probably fix that (I use a Mac primarily so I'm not really an expert).

It definitely is a bit on the tricky side to run on modern machines, I think they could only justify it by giving it away like they did with 2. You just know that there'd be a slew of complaints from people and not even EA would want to risk that, I'm sure. Sims 1 is definitely worth the trouble though, it's delightfully weird and wonderful. Amazingly, so many of the old CC sites are still up! I've had great fun going onto the same sites that were far too powerful for my old computer with dial up internet on back in the day.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I still have some of my original TS1 discs. I think I lost one in a move and some of them have missing product keys so I wasn't able to install everything. I got the base game installed but it didn't matter though because it didn't run properly as I'm on Windows 10. I would love to repurchase the series again. I ended up downloading the 8-in-1 collection, which works fine, but is a bit of a pain.
  • cinnxmonbuncinnxmonbun Posts: 20 Member
    I would absolutely love TS1 and TS2 on origin. I would buy the disks but my laptop has no disk drive, sadly :'(
    "May the odds be ever in your favour!"
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I'd love if they added the sims 1 into origin and put the sims 2 complete collection available again!
  • Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't know what any of you mean by reworking the game from scratch. You can get the original up and running on modern hardware with a bit of jiggery-pokery. If I can do that with literally no resources, EAxis should be able to modify the original files enough to get it up on Origin with minimal effort.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    It isn't going to happen, not only because of the issues with modern PCs being able to play the game but because if they wanted to make old Sims games available they wouldn't have stopped TS2 being available.