Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

Comments

• lanavioletlanaviolet Posts: 7 New Member
    I love all of everyone's screen shots and videos !!
  • lanavioletlanaviolet Posts: 7 New Member
    I know exactly how you feel. Only been playing the Sims 3 for a few months. Just got Dragon Valley and love these baby dragons. Also,I am unable to afford the Sims 4 at this time,and I didn't want it when it was out for free before. Sims 3 is the best. I'm also looking for friends for Simport. Please add me. I'm,LusciousSilly. Thank you. :smiley:
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    Lots of Sims3 players still around. Just the way they re-shaped the forums makes it sometimes harder to find us.
  • TorriB71TorriB71 Posts: 7 New Member
    I was trying to find an add me thread...only saw this. If anyone is currently playing and looking to add people, I am playing Sims 3 & looking for active friends, feel free to add me :smiley:
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2017
    Good god why does this question even need to get asked? As far as I am concerned there isn't even a Sims 4 lol it will inevitably go Sims 1 Sims 2 Sims 3 and if there is a Sims 5 great if not Sims 3 is a good way to end it. With the mods you can get and the amount of stuff there already is do do within the open world's Sims 3 is as close to perfect as you can get. Hope this helps.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Absolutely. I still have a ton of world editing and building to do. TS3 satiates my desire to be creative and I don't want to ditch my projects.
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    Been playing Sims since it very first came out,got TS3 when it was first on sale and have played it ever since nearly every day.Was excited to hear about 4 ...at first.I thought they would improve and expand on what was already in TS3.Saw those cartoony expressions and learned the open world was not available.Severely disappointed ,I comforted myself by buying a few SPs for TS3 and the available worlds from the store.Best decision EVER!Saw what they did to vampires in 4,and distraught beyond words I started a new game in Moonlight Falls and had my sim run around the town hugging every single sim she met,threw an EPIC party at the beach.That night ,she hugged her horse and kitten goodbye rode her broom out of town to learn Sim Fu in China and raid a few tombs.....Love my open world Sims 3!
    @CravenLestat almost surprised you didn't show some screenshots of your simself and Betty S. consoling themselves with hotfudge sundaes at your McDonalds lot you made contemplating their end due to the *cough* rampant *cough* success of TS4 ;)
  • Sims3lover3Sims3lover3 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes my main game!
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yes, Sims 3 is still being played a lot by a lot of people - myself included. I move back and forth between 3 games but I do enjoy The Sims 3 the most. Once I discovered Create-A-Style, that was it for me. It is one of the main reasons why, although I do play Sims 4 from time to time, I can't enjoy it in the same way. I need to have creativity mixed in with my gameplay or it just doesn't work for me long-term. The Sims 3 has that - and also a gazillion different worlds to choose from, so if one world becomes a bit stale I switch to another and fall in love with those Sims all over again. For me, The Sims 3 is just so wide-open to so many different styles of play that I can't envision ever not playing it.
  • ArielGrintArielGrint Posts: 50 Member
    I still play Sims 3 and sometimes Sims 2 :P When Sims 4 was first announced I was really excited about the look that the characters have and the amount of customisation that was there for the sims themselves, the CAS demo was fun to play with(that's how I got my avatar pic haha), but I've never actually played Sims 4... I was very disappointed when I saw gameplay demos, it just felt like there was too little there. After having the colour picker system in Sims 3 going back to "you only get things in these colour ways" looked annoying for a perfectionist like me, initial lack of toddlers and pools was like a slap in the face... To this day they still don't have the stuff I really love in Sims 2&3(pets, seasons & more supernatural creatures apart from Vampires and Aliens), so I don't see a point in paying such a steep price for the base game and all the additions at the moment. I get my Sims 4 fix from watching YouTube videos by a guy named CaptainSauce, his series called "Life of Kevin" is absolutely amazing and hilarious, I honestly don't think I'd have that much fun playing Sims 4 myself :)
  • ChokoronChokoron Posts: 6 New Member
    I sure ain't moving to sims 4 anytime soon. Sims 3's CAS, open world, and overall near limitless customization is pretty much necessary to how I play my Sims games. Plus all that really awesome CC I have, I think it's almost 800 now. And still no lag! :D I have a computer from 2010 but I have a high performance gaming PC so it runs the sims just fine...well...after the 20 minute loading screen, heh.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I also still play Sims 3 from time to time, but not so often like The Sims 4. When I do play it, I play it because I miss certain things from TS4 :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've just downloaded all my old store content and I'm back to playing Sims 3. I could stay on Sims 3 for hours whereas Sims 4 lasts about half an hour and I'm really bored. I'm looking forward to getting back into Sims 3 - it's what caused me to love playing the sims and I realise that hasn't changed.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    I've just downloaded all my old store content and I'm back to playing Sims 3. I could stay on Sims 3 for hours whereas Sims 4 lasts about half an hour and I'm really bored. I'm looking forward to getting back into Sims 3 - it's what caused me to love playing the sims and I realise that hasn't changed.

I've always wondered if that is a phenomenon some of us experience. Another being those who love the game so much they defend it with their life
    Happy Simming!♥
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    readypost wrote: »
    Been playing Sims since it very first came out,got TS3 when it was first on sale and have played it ever since nearly every day.Was excited to hear about 4 ...at first.I thought they would improve and expand on what was already in TS3.Saw those cartoony expressions and learned the open world was not available.Severely disappointed ,I comforted myself by buying a few SPs for TS3 and the available worlds from the store.Best decision EVER!Saw what they did to vampires in 4,and distraught beyond words I started a new game in Moonlight Falls and had my sim run around the town hugging every single sim she met,threw an EPIC party at the beach.That night ,she hugged her horse and kitten goodbye rode her broom out of town to learn Sim Fu in China and raid a few tombs.....Love my open world Sims 3!
    @CravenLestat almost surprised you didn't show some screenshots of your simself and Betty S. consoling themselves with hotfudge sundaes at your McDonalds lot you made contemplating their end due to the *cough* rampant *cough* success of TS4 ;)

@readypost I wont share that paticular shot but can show this since I just made it yesterday..just another example of how bad sims 3 really is..

Screenshot-927_zpspowd1ak6.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AmusedShadowAmusedShadow Posts: 37 Member
    I was playing TS4 but then had some technical issues with my computer and Origin (which still need to be resolved...), and TS3 was the only other option I had, so I went and install it (it previously stopped running on my old laptop.) After going back to TS3 and setting it up properly so that it doesn't kill my computer like last time, I realize I don't really miss TS4 all that much :lol: I would go back to playing it if I could, but at the moment I prefer TS3 :)

I notice that I usually got bored very quickly on TS4 and most of the fun came from CAS, posing and taking pictures. Meanwhile TS3 gameplay keeps me entertained for a long time, to the point where I have to force myself to stop when it's 3:00 AM in the morning lol.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Yep. Haven't played for a bit due to life being a, well I can't say cos it'll change to plum heh! I've got my nieces into the game recently, in fact one called me today in a panic cos she didn't know how to turn furniture around.
    I might fire up a new game tonight.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • amy_queenamy_queen Posts: 65 Member
    I completely fell off the wagon for a few years, but I occasionally would open the game to check on all the various characters/worlds I made. I used to only use the Sims3 site (wasn't aware this place existed lol) so when the comment feature over there disappeared and then 4 came out it felt like everyone who played 3 disappeared XD Glad to see a lot of people are still into/play it
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Holy cowpoop, aye. For years I haven't played do to a harddisk that once failed, on an old computer. My highly modified simworld-literally fell apart. Crushed by the thought of reinstalling, and starting up all over again was... ...not... ...gonna happen.
    For many years I have played other games on a new computer, but now THAT one is broken.
    Using my trusty ancient laptop (Dell inspiron 1720, INTEL CORE2DUO 2,8GHz, 6GB RAM, NVIDIA GT6800M, WIN7X64) (!)
    I took the liberty of installing Sims 3 on that.
    -Funnily enough. Sims 3 is one of very few games that actually run on it.
    Full package, 100++ mods. (Overwatch-mod and mod-repackager is a must), -Not on max graphics, but it runs sweeet and stable with, oh, around a cigarette's worth of boot-time.

Now, I am hooked again. -and it will stick for a long time. Sims 4? Pfff. I was hyped as any other at launch, but... Crash and burn, man. Crash and burn...

Nope. Sims 3 all the way. I 'must' have mod'able sandbox-games, where I can disassociate from RL, create my own exhibitionistic 'world-of-weirdly' escapism. This electronic world I dwell in now is definitly not for use in open office areas, so to say.

A friend of mine laughed and punched my shoulder, calling me a milk-drinker, hearing I was playing Sims instead of newer and fancier games.
    Then I forced him to watch me play sims for a while... ...Now he has also installed sims, and cries like a baby, asking me for my mods.

Note to self, must remember to make an Avatar picture of Mazakeen Morningstar, and a couple of decent pictures of my happy family of three.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • NancyS786NancyS786 Posts: 225 Member
    I still can't get interested enough to put out my money for sims 4. I doubt they solved the problem of managing their inventories. Not only do I still love Sims 3, but they still have it for sale on the shelves at my local Walmart.
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    I only play the sims 3 at the moment. I thought I all ready commented this on here unless it was on a near identical thread. If I'm honest I would say there hopefully will be more and more people playing sims 3, considering steam had a huge sale in February this year which made me buy. It might even come back on sale during the summer ones as that is a really big time for steam.
  • crazypanda8crazypanda8 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree that sims 4 is way more popular than sims 3.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I agree that sims 4 is way more popular than sims 3.
    I don't, considering Sims 3 is the old game, the game that got replaced by a newer version and isn't in development anymore. If Sims 4 was more popular, nobody would play Sims 3 anymore but would have 'moved on'. The fact people stick to or return to Sims 3 (and 2 for that matter) speaks volumes.

This.

We even have players who had started playing the Sims starting with TS4 go and buy TS3 and fall right in love with the game and only visit TS4 every once in awhile due to the fact that they like/love TS3 better than TS4.

So I will have to say that TS3 is still more popular than TS4 since there are still a lot of us that still play the game or who have given up on TS4 for the lack of things and stuff to do in the game.
  • AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    Had and deleted it after some time.