Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

Comments

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    jillbg wrote: »
    @BSIRegina Would you mind telling me about the adblock thing in your siggy?
    Love TS3, I play as soon as I have the opportunity...

Just google ad block and pick one that suits. I have it too and it works wonders keeping ads out of my life and I'd forgotten about those gifs in signatures.

There's actually not as many as there used to be, maybe they did something about it, like they did in Sims 2 BBS
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    jillbg wrote: »
    @BSIRegina Would you mind telling me about the adblock thing in your siggy?
    Love TS3, I play as soon as I have the opportunity...

Just google ad block and pick one that suits. I have it too and it works wonders keeping ads out of my life and I'd forgotten about those gifs in signatures.

There's actually not as many as there used to be, maybe they did something about it, like they did in Sims 2 BBS

There aren't nearly as many people in the TS3 section with them as I've seen in the TS4 section. I've blocked maybe three or four here--all the others are from various areas for TS4.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Adoris94 wrote: »
    I have most of the TS3 Expansion packs and i have TS3, I just find TS4 more amusing.

then leave us alone
    we wouldn't be allowed to leave such comments in the 4 section, so how about giving us the same regard

There is nothing wrong with someone asking if people still play TS3 just because they may find TS4 to be amusing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This member isn't the first to ask this question and they certainly won't be the last to ask. People have a right to post wherever they want to on here just as long as it's in the proper place and they are respectful of other people's opinions... :D

• Adoris94Adoris94 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am sorry if I offended anyone, I was just asking a simple question and I got the answer that I wanted. I do also like playing around with the Supernaturals, mermaids and such, I am going to install all of my Sims 3 games back onto my laptop tonight!
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    I play TS3. Don't have 4 yet.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Adoris94Adoris94 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Hippie_Simmer said:
    > I play TS3. Don't have 4 yet.

I had my friend buy 4 for me, ive had it for some time now.
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Yes, I still play TS3 whenever I can.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel like nobody plays the sims 3 since 4 came out.

Really? Makes me wonder why there is a Sims 3 forum if you have to ask that question. I see this question (or something very similar) every week.

All you guys need to get together instead of making separate threads all of the time. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I am sorry if I offended anyone, I was just asking a simple question and I got the answer that I wanted. I do also like playing around with the Supernaturals, mermaids and such, I am going to install all of my Sims 3 games back onto my laptop tonight!
    Forgive us. I think our reaction says a lot about the atmosphere on these forums sometimes. Such a shame, considering we all love the same game. Welcome. I am currently playing 3 by the way, but I'm keeping an eye on 4 and might step back in when more gameplay is added.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Forgive us. I think our reaction says a lot about the atmosphere on these forums sometimes. Such a shame, considering we all love the same game. Welcome. I am currently playing 3 by the way, but I'm keeping an eye on 4 and might step back in when more gameplay is added.

Ditto. Except for the Sims 4 part. :)
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes, I still play and a lot of my Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr followers, and Facebook friends do as well. I still get a lot of hits on my blog everyday, even though I no longer make cc and finished my story nearly a year ago. And even if no one on the planet played TS3 anymore, I will continue to do so. I'm a grown woman, what do I care what other people are doing? I'm going to do whatever makes me happy. So just play TS3 if you want, regardless of what others are doing.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This place seems busier each day now. I am surprised that one of my thread still gets replies, the thread about Sims being smarter than we thought. It's almost like we are still in the year 2012 but with the later EPs ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I can't handle the grass in 4
    @JoAnne65 Your avatar looks like a Sims 2 sim, yet in your siggy he's in a Sims 3 scenario. How did you manage that?
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    my first amusement with TS4 wore off after the cracks in it started to show
    since not enough was improved in the past 17 months
    so i went now back to TS3

should TS4 be one day really functioning in a way i like to play a sims game, then i will play it again
    as long it isn't i prefer the previous games, currently TS3

way less people would play TS3 if TS4 would be a better game
    the TS3 section of the forums is quite busy actually

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I play TS3, and it's the only Sims game I've ever played. I've been reading the TS4 forums to see what the game is like, and although the police career and Windenburg look interesting, I'm not sure I could get used to a game without story progression and open world.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I wasn't going to rise to the bait then started reading everyone's comments. There were many I agreed with but will add here:
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I still play TS3 whenever I'm not playing WoW... :smiley:
    Same here except it is GW2 and Sims 3 for me. :)
    Plus I haven't brought TS4 yet and don't know if I ever will as I love the open world too much ...
    Exactly. Love the open world and Create-a-style. Could never give that up.
    I also love playing my Supernatural Sims as I have always loved reading books and/or watching shows/movies about vampires/werewolves such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, True Blood, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Van Helsing... :smiley:
    I do like to play vampires sometimes although I haven't played the other supernaturals too much, plan to in the future. Dipping my toes in and playing a werewolf currently. I'm a Buffy fan. Not a True Blood fan since they changed so much from the books. Other vampire TV shows you might find interesting, even though they didn't last too long
    - Blood Ties - based on books by Tanya Huff, I really like the vampire, Henry Fitzroy
    - Kindred: The Embraced - loosely based on the role-playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. There was some uneven acting but I really liked Julian Luna, the main vampire. The show ended after only 8 episodes because the actor who played Julian was killed in an accident. What I liked about this show was the vampire politics between the 5 vampire clans. It was a little like MTG with vampires.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I tried playing 3 but with all the annoying features like open world and being able to customize the look of all clothing,furniture,wallpapers plus having cars and boats.Then being able to build lots wherever you want,who does that.Was just to much awesome for me to take in at once so I uninstalled and play Pong and Space Invaders on the Atari since simple means better nowadays it seems.

OF COURSE I PLAY 3 AND SO SHOULD YOU

Good answer!! :D
    I tried playing 3 but with all the annoying features like open world and being able to customize the look of all clothing,furniture,wallpapers plus having cars and boats.Then being able to build lots wherever you want,who does that.Was just to much awesome for me to take in at once so I uninstalled and play Pong and Space Invaders on the Atari since simple means better nowadays it seems.

I have heard Space Invaders I really good. Does it come with Open World, or should I say, Open Universe? ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

I have heard Space Invaders I really good. Does it come with Open World, or should I say, Open Universe? ;)

It's pretty good. There are no loading screens. Mind = blown! :open_mouth:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Did this yesterday random spot in the middle of nowhere water.Took 15 minutes to make this entire thing.Just plop down a square lot take your terrain paint make a random island shape with grass on your square lot.Trace the edges with flatten tool then paint sand on the sides.Made a quick hut and threw trees and flowers.Working island that works in any world even offshore in SV you can have a Island house.

Stunning pics!

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KaattrrinneeKaattrrinnee Posts: 101 Member
    I haven't played The Sims in a long time (a year or two), but recently I started playing TS3 again. Then I found TS4 on sale, and since I really liked the look of Windenburg, I bought it with Get Together. I have always played TS3, and didn't care much for TS4, but the combination sale + Windenburg made me go for it. I wanted to check it out. But I found myself doing the same things over and over, and I felt kind of isolated in the game. Maybe I'm not creative enough. And I'm definitely not used to TS4. But this made me go back to TS3. I slightly regret buying TS4, but now I have it. Maybe it will grow (I'm almost sure it will), and then make me wanna play it again. But in the meantime I'll stick with TS3. I feel I still got so much to do and explore in that game, even though I've owned it since.. 2009 or 2010.

In other (and shorter words): yes, I am still playing TS3. I like that game. It offers so much :)
    @CravenLestat too funny

do another one
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I bought TS4...tried it with the EP's, GP's and some of the SP's...went back to TS3. I have so much more invested in TS3, so yes, I still play TS3. As much as I can, anyway...
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p