Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

Comments

• GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    As opposed to? There's only 3 Sims games, of course people will play the newest one.
    Many people do in fact disregard the franchise's estranged 2-year old child in favour of a good game like TS3, and I certainly don't get the impression that the TS3 community isn't active. It is, very much so.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Not as much as I used to but still more than I play any other Sims game.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I don't like playing any Sims game that doesn't have ALL the expansion packs already released. So, I play Sims 3 for now.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Thesimsgallery_1Thesimsgallery_1 Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't, but really envy those who do, I miss it!
  • emilemillyemilemilly Posts: 8 New Member
    I bought the sims 4 in december and thought I would make the transition.
    Turns out, I hate the sims 4 and everything about it so that's $60 wasted!
    Oh well. Sims 3 will never get old for me <3
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2017
    I missed it so much I reinstalled it. I have tried twice to get into TS4 but it is not my cup of tea. Now I can build again, create any style I want and am in total control of my game. I believe this constitutes happiness for me and that's the point. Games are designed to be fun, so play what makes you happy, TS2, 3 or 4.

Edited for auto text which has now been ticked off and sent to bed without supper :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    TS3 is still my favorite out of the four games :smile: I have most of the expansion packs and I love how much I can do in the game! I've had some pretty long games there that I still play after all the years :smiley: I do play TS4 now, too. Sometimes I'm on a TS3 and sometimes on a TS4 mood.
    cha cha cha
  • yodamiiyodamii Posts: 106 Member
    Unfortunately, I don't play the Sims 3 anymore.. I would really love to, it is superior to Sims4 in my opinion, and Sims 4has this superficial thing about it that makes me loose interest fast. However, for like a year now my mac has some issues installing the Sims 3 and I've tried everything. Therefore I stick to Sims 4 for now, and pray for many, many expansion/game/stuff packs in the future..
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    yodamii wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't play the Sims 3 anymore.. I would really love to, it is superior to Sims4 in my opinion, and Sims 4has this superficial thing about it that makes me loose interest fast. However, for like a year now my mac has some issues installing the Sims 3 and I've tried everything. Therefore I stick to Sims 4 for now, and pray for many, many expansion/game/stuff packs in the future..
    TS3 for Mac can be a mess, unfortunately. One of the best ways to play that version of the game on a Mac is to Bootcamp Windows onto it and play the Windows version on that side instead. I've been playing that way for years. A standalone retail version of Windows is required, as are enough hard drive space to support the new partition and some patience in dealing with two operating systems, but (depending on the Mac in question), the performance difference between the two can be like night and day.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    I prefer the sims 3 to sims 4.
  • Namiras03Namiras03 Posts: 47 Member
    It's nice to see people still playing sims 3. I've tried sims 4 and I can't actually get as much fun as I was hoping for so reinstalled sims 3 and been enjoying it. Best sims game to my taste. If you need an active friend look me up.
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    I do! It's actually my Sims game of choice. I feel like it's the most interesting and exciting one.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sorry I quoted an old post without realising :astonished:
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I am back to Sims 3 after breaking for 1000 hours or so of play to see what Sims 4 was all about. I moved my game to Origin and lost a bunch of custom content, but the game plays so much better now that I'm not going to reinstall any of it. The packs I don't play are Diesel, Fast Lane, University, and Pets. I just started a new game in Midnight Hollow and am hoping to soon have it packed with celebrities who will have a wide array of traits, and will have lots of interesting interactions and crack pairings ending with weddings and possibly some fistfights too.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I am back to Sims 3 after breaking for 1000 hours or so of play to see what Sims 4 was all about. I moved my game to Origin and lost a bunch of custom content, but the game plays so much better now that I'm not going to reinstall any of it. The packs I don't play are Diesel, Fast Lane, University, and Pets. I just started a new game in Midnight Hollow and am hoping to soon have it packed with celebrities who will have a wide array of traits, and will have lots of interesting interactions and crack pairings ending with weddings and possibly some fistfights too.

Did you play with pets before ? Do you see any difference in your game with it vs without it ?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I still play, I have all of the packs for it... i really love ts3 <3

Did you play with pets before ? Do you see any difference in your game with it vs without it ?

I played with Pets before, and turning it off has helped a lot with controlling the town population and game performance. I don't dislike pets-- I have them IRL, but I find having them in the game stressful. The number of homeless pets the game would generate was unreal, and whatever household I was playing, I would log in and the cat was across town, and it drove me bonkers. What's interesting is that even with Pets turned off, the game still generates five or six homeless cats. You just can't see a thumbnail in NRAAS. I don't really miss the CAS or build/buy stuff.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I agree about the pets. I absolutely love animals in RL, my house feels so empty now that my last kitty had to be put to sleep a couple of months ago due to terminal illness, but I mod all animals out of my sims game simply for the mere fact that they cause so much lag.

A friend of mine had wild horses get into his sims kitchen and get stuck in the oven at one point and in my own game getting stuck under a pier and lagging my game like mad. Strays get stuck wherever they can, I've had a family on a 20x20 lot in a 2 br house be stuck having horses of all things ( I don't even know how THAT happened ) sims with housefuls of kittens for adoption that I constantly got unroutable messages for, so in the end I gave up.
    I keep Pets installed for the build mode objects, and the world, otherwise I would have removed it already.

@LordOfTendons if you're having pets or strays still being generated, you might want to look in getting NRAAS register, and using that to set the generation of all strays, horses, unicorns, deer and such to 0 , so they wont spawn at all.
    That's what I do.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    I agree about the pets. I absolutely love animals in RL, my house feels so empty now that my last kitty had to be put to sleep a couple of months ago due to terminal illness, but I mod all animals out of my sims game simply for the mere fact that they cause so much lag.

A friend of mine had wild horses get into his sims kitchen and get stuck in the oven at one point and in my own game getting stuck under a pier and lagging my game like mad. Strays get stuck wherever they can, I've had a family on a 20x20 lot in a 2 br house be stuck having horses of all things ( I don't even know how THAT happened ) sims with housefuls of kittens for adoption that I constantly got unroutable messages for, so in the end I gave up.
    I keep Pets installed for the build mode objects, and the world, otherwise I would have removed it already.

@LordOfTendons if you're having pets or strays still being generated, you might want to look in getting NRAAS register, and using that to set the generation of all strays, horses, unicorns, deer and such to 0 , so they wont spawn at all.
    That's what I do.

I had to have my dog put down maybe a month or two ago and I don't know what to do with such a quiet house. I don't want to house train a puppy in winter so I'm going to wait until spring to look for another one. I need someone smarter than me to tell me when it's time to wake up, get the mail, etc.

I think I have Register and I just didn't know the setting is there. There's a lot in NRAAS that I don't know about until I encounter the need for it. I don't know what I'll do if they take down the wiki! I'll try the setting when I start the game again later. Thanks for telling me about it.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think I have Register and I just didn't know the setting is there. There's a lot in NRAAS that I don't know about until I encounter the need for it. I don't know what I'll do if they take down the wiki! I'll try the setting when I start the game again later. Thanks for telling me about it.
    On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > Register > Animal Control.

Not only are we not going away anytime soon, but there are plans in place to move off of the NRaas wiki to our own website. The operating constraints of Wikispaces have gotten the better of us and the new site will be much easier to use and maintain once we get it launched and everything ported over. The only thing I am at liberty to say about the new site right now is that, in keeping with the tradition started by our beloved founder, it is very orange. :)

And I am so sorry to hear about your dog. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    I keep trying to like Sims 4 and I just ... go right back to 3. There are some things 4 does well, but all in all the customization options in 3, along with just sheer content, continues making 4 incredibly frustrating when I try to pass the surface of it. I feel like 4 just took a few neat things and tried to make a game out of it, while forgetting about everything else. Even the 'world' sizes comparatively just are.. telling. My partner is trying to make a multi-generation family in 4 and I don't know where they're going to realistically go! xD
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Every time I see this thread title it makes me laugh... "Does anyone still play that 8 yr old game? They must all be playing the new one because it's... new and shiny?" :D Nah, I'm just kidding. It's always nice to have new people pop in and join this community. I still mean what I said in my original comment here.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have no idea why but animals have never been an issue for me? Sim days go by I don’t see any horses (in fact... I wonder if I’ve even seen one in IP come to think of it) and when I do I love that. And small animals and strays show up in very acceptable amounts in my game. They don’t get stuck that much either (occasionally NRaas reports one, never a horse).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    I'm still playing and with recently (August) added MC it's more enjoyable to keep my town in order than ever. I'm saved from a lot of frustration beacuse of that. Don't know how have I managed all that by myself earlier, but somehow I have. I've even opened an old save to clean all I can clean and repeat some stuff in my story of The Real Sunset Valley in order to play more smoothly. Anyway I enjoy this "old" game as brand new and can't wait to try things I've never tried before. So much still to discover. So many new storylines to write.