Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    EA (and definitely SimGuruDrake) knows we are impatient and starving for info. That is why I take this lack of news as good news. I don't know. I just have the feeling that they must be planning something big and they must be pretty sure that whatever is they'll announce it will make up for this wait and we will all be happy again. Otherwise they would have probably squeezed in another SP just to calm the community down.

I don't think they care about calming people down. As long as the hype train is barreling down the tracks possibilities are being talked about and keep threads alive.

They will start to care if the forums go silent.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ENolan wrote: »
    @ScarletQueenKat1 @PHOEBESMOM601 Beautifully said, both of you.
    Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.

@catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.

I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.
    And how exactly are we getting two eps this year on this release schedule? The EP announcement will be in June most likely, earliest to be released in July (but most likely August). Sorry cat, it's 1 EP this year, there is no way for 2 imo.

Next ep will most likely be announced in May not June.

But EA play is in June. It's a good time for them to announce new stuff.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Are we getting an announcement this week? :)

@SimGuruDrake to can't answer yet, because she hasn't found most traumatic and frustrating "NO" gif.

What if she waits for April Fools' Day to be all like :
    ezgif-2961159381.gif

.....Oh no, wait !
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/oh_yeah_obama.gif[/img]

lol I wouldn't be THAT mean. I actually despise April Fool's Day >.<

Glad to hear ! I would agree, but one of my friend's birthdays is on April Fool's :D

I have a friend whose birthday is on April 1st as well, I feel so bad for them because they are constantly getting pranked all day.

Just say no, please! Or say Yes, just say something ( ≧Д≦)

No announcement this week. :)
    oh well back to RL :) but thanks for letting us know early in the week.

Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I think that whatever it is, it is going to have a variety of stuff. I assume it will be a new world like Magnolia? So one lot could be a Restaurant, one lot could be a bowling alley, one could be a Festival Grounds (Amusement Park would be better, but thats bigger) with food from all the countries at the food booths, and rides for the kids and games that wins you a stuffed animal or your choice of a prize?

Whatever it is, I hope it has plenty for the family to do!

I wish this were the case. It sounds great!! I would also love a farming pack, while I am wishing. :)

FARMING pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes please!! and i too keep thinking the delay in announcing could mean its something big.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    EA (and definitely SimGuruDrake) knows we are impatient and starving for info. That is why I take this lack of news as good news. I don't know. I just have the feeling that they must be planning something big and they must be pretty sure that whatever is they'll announce it will make up for this wait and we will all be happy again. Otherwise they would have probably squeezed in another SP just to calm the community down.

No tbh, this next game pack will probably be on the same quality as Spa Day. Which is good but not worth a 9 month wait.

9 month wait....OMG babies no longer as objects GP! It generally takes that long to go through a pregnancy in real life so.....yeah that's my conspiracy and I'm sticking to it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

No tbh, this next game pack will probably be on the same quality as Spa Day. Which is good but not worth a 9 month wait.

Spa Day is one of my favorite additions so I'd be happy! :p anyway, I don't know if the game pack will be great quality, I just have the feeling that they believe it will be great and well received by fans (at least to make up for the wait). There are lots of things that the community has been asking and begging for (toddlers, restaurants, etc.) so the game pack may involve some of these missing features. (Or not. It may include another type of party which we didn't know we wanted but telemetry said we wanted...lol)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.

@catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.

I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.
    And how exactly are we getting two eps this year on this release schedule? The EP announcement will be in June most likely, earliest to be released in July (but most likely August). Sorry cat, it's 1 EP this year, there is no way for 2 imo.

But EA play is in June. It's a good time for them to announce new stuff.

EA Play will most likely be when they do a live broadcast of it and play it. They'll most likely hype it in May and do the LB at EA Liveplay in June to give people an idea of the Gameplay. Most likely the Ep will release very quickly after that maybe a week or two.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member

Spa Day is one of my favorite additions so I'd be happy! :p anyway, I don't know if the game pack will be great quality, I just have the feeling that they believe it will be great and well received by fans (at least to make up for the wait). There are lots of things that the community has been asking and begging for (toddlers, restaurants, etc.) so the game pack may involve some of these missing features. (Or not. It may include another type of party which we didn't know we wanted but telemetry said we wanted...lol)

They also believed the easter egg challenge was of great quality, no doubt. which, I'm sorry, I know the Devs are working hard on stuff..but that was lackluster. maybe it was more so because of the hype caused on stuff we haven't gotten yet.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > ENolan wrote: »
    >
    > @ScarletQueenKat1 @PHOEBESMOM601 Beautifully said, both of you.
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > Not gonna happen. We're getting a gamepack and two expansions this year along with more stuffpacks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @catloverplayer you may want to amend this; with the distinct lack of information, people will think you're going off the handle again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't go off the handle here. I know for a fact we ll get two Eps this year and a gamepack. Several gurus have confirmed the next GP is being worked on.

Where is the proof? Do you have links from the gurus who said that? Unless you do, I don't believe you.

it's on twitter

No, it's not.

The only thing we know for sure is that they are working on a GP.

There is nothing on Twitter that says that we are getting 2 expansions this year at all. They can't and won't talk about future content and when something will release.

CLP is posting statements like that on his own behalf, without actual proof. He is taking the old release schedule as a reference, but we don't know anything for sure. Guru's haven't said anything about that. It is all speculation.

And yes, it is a no-brainer they are working on Expansions too, but there is no evidence that we will actually get 2 EP's this year. We simply do not know.

i saw one where they are saying they are working on an ep and gp at the moment but i don't remember where. simgurusarah i think was working on the gp

We are very likely not going to get two EP's this year, you are saying that you know that for a fact, but it is just awful speculation. The next EP is probably going to release in late June or mid July and be announced at EA's Play thingie. Which means Guru's will not be able to deliver 2 this year, unless they put the GP team working on an EP from April (assuming the next GP comes out in April) to around October or November with very little help from the EP team kind of like they did with GT, though we all know how that "random" pack turned out.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I think that whatever it is, it is going to have a variety of stuff. I assume it will be a new world like Magnolia? So one lot could be a Restaurant, one lot could be a bowling alley, one could be a Festival Grounds (Amusement Park would be better, but thats bigger) with food from all the countries at the food booths, and rides for the kids and games that wins you a stuffed animal or your choice of a prize?

That would be so awesome to get amusement parks and restaurants in the same gamepack. I want amusement parks so bad in TS4 I'd even take them over restaurants but to get both would be icing on the cake.

That would be so awesome to get amusement parks and restaurants in the same gamepack. I want amusement parks so bad in TS4 I'd even take them over restaurants but to get both would be icing on the cake.

Not going t happen. Ad no, I don't feel worse by crushing your overly fantasised and unrealistic expectations/dreams.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

I would love to see something new all together! I don't think they do anything big in this game (as far as Worlds) but I would love to see a Petting Zoo for the kids. Have cages with a lion, a bear, elephant, etc. Just some creatures to take the kids(and Toddlers?) to see.
    My reasoning for two eps for this year is because they would need to release a second one for the holiday season to make the sales. That's when expansions make a lot of money around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not the only one on here who thinks were getting two eps this year. I've seen others mention it as well.

EP 4 will sell more copies in November or December then it would in say January or February. Also if there is only one expansion pack this year the community is going to be outraged. I'd hate to see the forums if it's confirmed there will only be one expansion this year. Now an additional 2nd Gamepack might help.

If there is only one ep this year then the sales of this game must not be making it meaning this game isn't selling that well. That would worry me.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    My reasoning for two eps for this year is because they would need to release a second one for the holiday season to make the sales. That's when expansions make a lot of money around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not the only one on here who thinks were getting two eps this year. I've seen others mention it as well.

EP 4 will sell more copies in November or December then it would in say January or February. Also if there is only one expansion pack this year the community is going to be outraged. I'd hate to see the forums if it's confirmed there will only be one expansion this year. Now an additional 2nd Gamepack might help.

If there is only one ep this year then the sales of this game must not be making it meaning this game isn't selling that well. That would worry me.

Well if you think about it.. EP2 was supposed to be released in October.. but got pushed to November. Even with that, though, April will be 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement was an EP. I'm not saying I have any proof, but it could be! There's been enough time.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

They also believed the easter egg challenge was of great quality, no doubt. which, I'm sorry, I know the Devs are working hard on stuff..but that was lackluster. maybe it was more so because of the hype caused on stuff we haven't gotten yet.

That's what worries me. On the one hand, I have this feeling that whatever is coming must be great. On the other hand, I think EA is clueless about what we really want (Get Together announcement anyone?) and believes they are putting out something great when it's in fact lackluster. At least for me, this new EP will be a turning point: either we confirm that EA is listening and delivering on what we want or we confirm just the opposite (i.e. That they are clueless and don't care about what we want...)
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

In my opinion the quality on Spa Day is awesome! gorgeous furniture, the best spas in the entire Sims series by a long shot, actual yoga classes, which to me was revolutionary and opened lots of possibilities of what we can expect in the future... If everything to come is on that quality I would be super impressed!
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Well if you think about it.. EP2 was supposed to be released in October.. but got pushed to November. Even with that, though, April will be 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement was an EP. I'm not saying I have any proof, but it could be! There's been enough time.

It could, but with them working on the next GP, we do know that officially and being that the last one was 9 months ago, the next thing just has to be a GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Spa Day in my opinion added a lot of new gameplay to the game and some new venues as well not to mention 4 gameplay objects. I'm expecting GP 3 to be even bigger.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

That's what worries me. On the one hand, I have this feeling that whatever is coming must be great. On the other hand, I think EA is clueless about what we really want (Get Together announcement anyone?) and believes they are putting out something great when it's in fact lackluster. At least for me, this new EP will be a turning point: either we confirm that EA is listening and delivering on what we want or we confirm just the opposite (i.e. That they are clueless and don't care about what we want...)

The announcement of Get Together wasn't well received in the forums, but the EP was in fact great. It was not "Toddlers: The EP" But it added entirely on top of the base game, and is an EP I can't see myself playing without. I believe they should have brought a generations expansion earlier, but it might be the next one. That doesn't make the other expansions bad!

The announcement of Get Together wasn't well received in the forums, but the EP was in fact great. It was not "Toddlers: The EP" But it added entirely on top of the base game, and is an EP I can't see myself playing without. I believe they should have brought a generations expansion earlier, but it might be the next one. That doesn't make the other expansions bad!

I think the reception of GT was all about how it was presented and how little it seemed to offer. I did believe then and I still do believe that the delay in releasing it was to add more features.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I think restaurants should be their main priority if they are going to let the toddler thing simmer (or boil) for a while.

After the letdown of bakeries in GTW, I think it would be a huge benefit to have a well-made restaurant GP. The system has to be top notch though ... the community isn't going to accept something that is half baked. It needs to let players do what they want to do, which is both visiting and owning restaurants.

I think that if they are going to implement a system, it should be somewhat general, so that players can take the concept and use it to build something that they want, instead of being stuck having just one single style or look.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    'tis gonna be toddlers. obvs.
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
    sophtastic wrote: »
    'tis gonna be toddlers. obvs.

Why obviously?

Players have been asking for a multitude of things from cars to supernaturals.
    I think it's going to revolve around restuarents and or a tropical location with restuarents. That's what I'm hoping for.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

And then what do you expect them to announce at EA play in June? I'm trying to be a realist here.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

And then what do you expect them to announce at EA play in June? I'm trying to be a realist here.

They don't have to announce anyting! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top