Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    bishop49er wrote: »
    I was making a loooong video awhile ago and saw this thing go around the corner dripping green stuff all over the place. There was a lady, who I can't find, that posted a pic of green stuff all over her kitchen floor. Maybe this is the culprit. I saw it in my video. I can't really make out what it is.

Hello
    The issue could be caused if your sims live in the apartment that has the " needs TLC " trait .
  • FireGuardianRosaFireGuardianRosa Posts: 10 New Member
    I've been registered for years, don't know why I can't create a thread :/ Anyway for some reason in my latest sims 4 save file I can't use the propose option. I tried to get two of my male sims to get engaged but when I click the propose button nothing at all happens, it just cancels automatically with no message. Tried it with two female sims to see if there was something wrong with the sims and again the propose button does nothing. It appears but does nothing when I click it. It's very annoying. How can I get them engaged?
    I've been registered for years, don't know why I can't create a thread :/ Anyway for some reason in my latest sims 4 save file I can't use the propose option. I tried to get two of my male sims to get engaged but when I click the propose button nothing at all happens, it just cancels automatically with no message. Tried it with two female sims to see if there was something wrong with the sims and again the propose button does nothing. It appears but does nothing when I click it. It's very annoying. How can I get them engaged?

Hello @FireGuardianRosa
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • biomassdragonbiomassdragon Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey so I've got a problem and I'm not sure exactly what caused it or how to solve it. Basically I logged onto my sims game after downloading two community lots with some CC/mods and all my sims had randomly gained maximum level in all their skills (I didn't use a cheat code or anything. It just happened randomly. To every sim in my game.) Also my sims aren't able to travel, when I clicked the on the travel command a pink dot showed up in the middle of the screen with some glitchy lines and the game just carried on at home (still with the giant pink dot present.) I looked through the updated broken mods list and I don't believe I have any of them, but maybe I missed one, I don't know. The lots I downloaded right when this happened were both from the Architectural Tricks from Dalila blog, the Chinatown retro and The sports-and-jeans music store. If anyone knows why this glitch happened and if it was related to the lots it would help a lot for me to know. :)

Hey so I've got a problem and I'm not sure exactly what caused it or how to solve it. Basically I logged onto my sims game after downloading two community lots with some CC/mods and all my sims had randomly gained maximum level in all their skills (I didn't use a cheat code or anything. It just happened randomly. To every sim in my game.) Also my sims aren't able to travel, when I clicked the on the travel command a pink dot showed up in the middle of the screen with some glitchy lines and the game just carried on at home (still with the giant pink dot present.) I looked through the updated broken mods list and I don't believe I have any of them, but maybe I missed one, I don't know. The lots I downloaded right when this happened were both from the Architectural Tricks from Dalila blog, the Chinatown retro and The sports-and-jeans music store. If anyone knows why this glitch happened and if it was related to the lots it would help a lot for me to know. :)

Hello @biomassdragon
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issues.
    @rosemow Alright, I will try that. Thanks for your help! :) Time to go through 1000 mods :')

@rosemow Alright, I will try that. Thanks for your help! :) Time to go through 1000 mods :')

Hello :)
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, try using the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • OctoberScarsOctoberScars Posts: 23 Member
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble aging up their sims after the toddler update? Usually I have a birthday party with a cake, but the last few times I've tried this, there isn't a "blow out candles" option available. I have to wait for my Sims to age up on their own which effects their mood because their birthday was "forgotten". Is there a fix for this or another way to manually age up Sims? Thanks!
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble aging up their sims after the toddler update? Usually I have a birthday party with a cake, but the last few times I've tried this, there isn't a "blow out candles" option available. I have to wait for my Sims to age up on their own which effects their mood because their birthday was "forgotten". Is there a fix for this or another way to manually age up Sims? Thanks!

Hello @OctoberScars.
    Other simmers are also having this issue .There are a few things to try doing to see if helps.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Put the cake into your sims inventory. Travel to another lot. Travel back again and test to see if the option appears.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    Try baking a different type of cake.
    If you have Dine Out pack, try using the " bring out cake" interaction at the restaurant to age up the sims.
    The issue is a part of this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Food/m-p/5821172#M32460
  • jlanier94jlanier94 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello I'm back again lol. I'm having issues with sims not changing their outfits at all and not aging. They keep their everyday outfit on when they sleep, when they swim, and even when they shower. These sims are also not aging at all even though I have it set for the sims to age normally. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? I don't have any mods, resetting the sims doesn't work, and I tried repairing the game. Thanks!
    jlanier94 wrote: »
    Hello I'm back again lol. I'm having issues with sims not changing their outfits at all and not aging. They keep their everyday outfit on when they sleep, when they swim, and even when they shower. These sims are also not aging at all even though I have it set for the sims to age normally. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? I don't have any mods, resetting the sims doesn't work, and I tried repairing the game. Thanks!

Hello @jlanier94
    Were or are these sims NPCs ? If they were or are, they may have a hidden trait that stops them from aging.
    The Weirdo, CityRepair , Nanny , Butler and StatueBusker hidden traits prevent aging.
    Try doing this. Play as the sim. Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair isNanny isButler or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.

Try doing this, and see if it helps with both issues. If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • corruptearthcorruptearth Posts: 5 New Member
    This has got to be the dumbest solution to fighting spambots... plus it also just makes us mad. Ok im pretty sure this has been in place for a while now. Have they ever thought of lifting this spambot prevention or even finding a new method for example captcha or something? Also why are the other country forums not affected by this, I accidentally ended up in the austrailia forum (Google Search) and found out they dont seem to have that restriction. Its Infuriating!

Now to get to the point of why i actually came here. I open up my gallery in game and when i try to click on something that i want to download it doesnt pop up the new window with all the info on the item and the buttons to favorite download etc. How can i fix this....
    This has got to be the dumbest solution to fighting spambots... plus it also just makes us mad. Ok im pretty sure this has been in place for a while now. Have they ever thought of lifting this spambot prevention or even finding a new method for example captcha or something? Also why are the other country forums not affected by this, I accidentally ended up in the austrailia forum (Google Search) and found out they dont seem to have that restriction. Its Infuriating!

Now to get to the point of why i actually came here. I open up my gallery in game and when i try to click on something that i want to download it doesnt pop up the new window with all the info on the item and the buttons to favorite download etc. How can i fix this....

Hello @corruptearth
    Try coming out of the game and shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game, load your save game,and see if the issue remains.
    @rosemow

Hey so I did what you said and it removed the weird traveling glitch (yay), but when I put my mods back into the folder and played the game another problem came up. So basically all my mods/CC are in the game right, but they somehow uninstalled themselves from what they were being used for once I took them out of the folder. For examples, the skins, hair, clothing, and personality traits I used for my sims (about 20-30 of them) are not being used for them anymore (they're all in their underwear and they have no traits). And this is quite a problem because once you create the sim and start playing with them you can't edit them again? (like skins and traits) And I can't really start over because I'm really far into the game and it would be pretty sad it I had to, but I don't enjoy playing as much without the mods/cc :(. Is there any way to get them back to the way they were? Thanks again :).
    @rosemow

Hey so I did what you said and it removed the weird traveling glitch (yay), but when I put my mods back into the folder and played the game another problem came up. So basically all my mods/CC are in the game right, but they somehow uninstalled themselves from what they were being used for once I took them out of the folder. For examples, the skins, hair, clothing, and personality traits I used for my sims (about 20-30 of them) are not being used for them anymore (they're all in their underwear and they have no traits). And this is quite a problem because once you create the sim and start playing with them you can't edit them again? (like skins and traits) And I can't really start over because I'm really far into the game and it would be pretty sad it I had to, but I don't enjoy playing as much without the mods/cc :(. Is there any way to get them back to the way they were? Thanks again :).

Hello @biomassdragon .
    When you moved the mods folder to the desktop to test the game, you may have saved the game without the mods/cc in the game. That means you saved the game without your sims wearing cc or having any of the custom traits. To help restore it back to what it was before, you can try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version, before you saved the game . These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • LilSnakeHipsLilSnakeHips Posts: 69 Member
    Thank you for this thread. :)
    I have looked for this bug, but could not find it anywhere. I had a sim, young adult carring his toddler outside down the steps. He had no arms, hand was sticking out of his back by his rear end. Toddler was walking, not carried, behind him. With his head up adults rear end. No Joke... Once down steps onto path, toddler was "poof" on hips of adult like he was supposed to have been carried. Now, other families have not had this problem. This is one family that I have downloaded from the gallery. Could there be something wrong with them before I added them into my game?
    Thank you for reading and helping. :smiley:
    I have looked for this bug, but could not find it anywhere. I had a sim, young adult carring his toddler outside down the steps. He had no arms, hand was sticking out of his back by his rear end. Toddler was walking, not carried, behind him. With his head up adults rear end. No Joke... Once down steps onto path, toddler was "poof" on hips of adult like he was supposed to have been carried. Now, other families have not had this problem. This is one family that I have downloaded from the gallery. Could there be something wrong with them before I added them into my game?

Hello
    Has this occurred on more than one occasion, or has it only happened once? If it has only occurred once, it may just have been a random glitch. If that it is the case, try just seeing if it occurs again, and if it does,it would be good to take a screenshot and post it here on a thread.
    Also, I've been a member here, before the sims 4 came out. (refusing to buy sims 4, in hopes to have sims 3 island exp bugs fixed.(still waiting for that to.) And now I have even more BUGSsss.... Anyways, I just dont post much. So when will I be able to start my own threads here?
    Also, I've been a member here, before the sims 4 came out. (refusing to buy sims 4, in hopes to have sims 3 island exp bugs fixed.(still waiting for that to.) And now I have even more BUGSsss.... Anyways, I just dont post much. So when will I be able to start my own threads here?

Hello @LilSnakeHips
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Has this occurred on more than one occasion, or has it only happened once? If it has only occurred once, it may just have been a random glitch. If that it is the case, try just seeing if it occurs again, and if it does,it would be good to take a screenshot and post it here on a thread.

I took screen shots. And so far this is the only family that has had this issue. I will check other families again to see if they are affected to.
    Thank you! :)
    edited February 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

I took screen shots. And so far this is the only family that has had this issue. I will check other families again to see if they are affected to.
    Thank you! :)

You nearly have enough points to become a full member, and can then post picures Try testing to see if the issue occurs again.
    If it keeps occurring, cc/mods may be causing issues. It would then be best to see if moving the mods folder to the desktop, and playing the game helps. Doing that can show if mods/cc are causing the issue.
  • cccamilalalacccamilalala Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. I could not find any solutions to my problem :(

I've been having issues with the Sims 4 ever since the toddler update, which I've downloaded on Feb 25. The game would crash after a few minutes of gameplay (shortest 1 minute, longest around 15 minutes). It could be just from clicking a simple "chat" interaction and the game would crash so I'd have to ALT+CTRL+DEL to end task the game. I couldn't even quit the game properly.

I've tried the "repair game" option in Origin, tried removing the Sims 4 folder from my Documents folder and open as a new game, tried installing and reinstalling the game, yet the crash still happens...

I do not use any mods or CCs so I am not sure what's the cause.

Any suggestions? Thank you!
    Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. I could not find any solutions to my problem :(

I've been having issues with the Sims 4 ever since the toddler update, which I've downloaded on Feb 25. The game would crash after a few minutes of gameplay (shortest 1 minute, longest around 15 minutes). It could be just from clicking a simple "chat" interaction and the game would crash so I'd have to ALT+CTRL+DEL to end task the game. I couldn't even quit the game properly.

I've tried the "repair game" option in Origin, tried removing the Sims 4 folder from my Documents folder and open as a new game, tried installing and reinstalling the game, yet the crash still happens...

I do not use any mods or CCs so I am not sure what's the cause.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hello @cccamilalala
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    You can either post it in multiple posts or upload it to http://pastebin.com/ and post the link to it here.
  • AvileaAvilea Posts: 114 Member
    Apparently a 6 year member with 26 comments is still considered "new" and can't create a topic, very annoying! What is someone supposed to do, make a formal request? spam replies to become a full member? I don't get it. The reason I need to create a post is it seems there is a bug where my sim is hijacked by Group Chat whenever they go out in public. For example, the sim can't complete a workout at the gym because they are constantly interrupted by group chat. The sim can't actually engage one single sim in conversation without it alerting other sims on the lot which results in a mob forming around them for group chat, which intercepts all other actions with the original sim. My hunch is that when 2 or more sims are within a certain proximity, socials automatically become "group" even though the other sims weren't invited to chat. I'm running an un-modded vanilla base game, and autonomy for selected sim is turned off.
  • HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    I'm having issues with toddlers that I never had before. My alien/vampire toddler just aged up. Like always, I go to edit his appearance in CAS. This is where the issue starts. After editing him to what I like, I click Save and Play and I see that CAS did not save changes to his appearance at all. It kept the default look. I test out the bug on his grandfather who is also a vampire. No bug for grandpa. His appearance changes accordingly but for some reason, no matter how many times I try or use different way to enter CAS, my hybrid toddler will NOT save edit changes! At one time, after editing like a 4th time, the game removed all of his edits even default, and made him appear like he was a full alien baby. In other words, it removed his hair and clothing and just gave him the alien diapers which was not his default look at all. Is this an issue concerning the vampire pack? This is my first toddler since the vampire pack. I do have CC but I highly doubt its my CC doing it. If it were, I think it would affect every sim's outfits. Also I can't create my own thread so that's why I'm here. Please someone give me advice for this. I'd like to be able to give my toddler the right editing...