Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Thanks a lot I will do that!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    mzabs wrote: »
    Hi! So I'm a big fan of default replacement eyes, but I still want to keep the original Maxis eyes, too. Is there a way to have both?

Hello @mzabs
    You could place the default replacement eyes file into your mods folder when you wish to use them in the game. Then take the file out of the mods folder when you want to use the Maxis Ea eyes.
  • HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    I'm unsure if I'm a new member or not but I'm having a issue with dine out where they're registering homes as resturants instead of the actual resturants? Kind of seems like that with night clubs too, but mostly resturants.
    edited February 2017
    Hozrien wrote: »
    I'm unsure if I'm a new member or not but I'm having a issue with dine out where they're registering homes as resturants instead of the actual resturants? Kind of seems like that with night clubs too, but mostly resturants.

Hello @Hozien
    Are the homes having the restaurant lot type applied to them? Or are they showing as restaurants in another way?

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Hozien
    Are the homes having the restaurant lot type applied to them? Or are they showing as restaurants in another way?

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

They're homes but I get calls from Sims asking do you want to visit -home- here, to a resturant. It does seem to be the custom houses I get off the gallery (I suck at making houses) because my normal ones don't get bothered. I'll have to see if I can post a picture when it comes again.

Hello @Hozien

They're homes but I get calls from Sims asking do you want to visit -home- here, to a resturant. It does seem to be the custom houses I get off the gallery (I suck at making houses) because my normal ones don't get bothered. I'll have to see if I can post a picture when it comes again.

Hello
    Is it just text messages that have the issues? Did the lots where the homes are now, originally have a restaurant venue on them ?

Hello @Hozien

Hello
    Is it just text messages that have the issues? Did the lots where the homes are now, originally have a restaurant venue on them ?

That might actually be the case for one of the lots that I do know of. Can't be sure of the others though. The houses themselves aren't restaurants but I just get the text messages of do you want to go out, I'm tired of being in the house etc etc.
  • Denisewall12Denisewall12 Posts: 4 New Member
    My game is very laggy. It takes time for options to pop up when I click on the fridge for example and also my sim stands still for a while before doing a task. Makes it very difficult to play. I have no mods or anything and I tried offline mode. Don't know what to do more.

Hello @Hozien

Hello

That might actually be the case for one of the lots that I do know of. Can't be sure of the others though. The houses themselves aren't restaurants but I just get the text messages of do you want to go out, I'm tired of being in the house etc etc.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on the issue on this thread on the AHQ EA site.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/m-p/5022962#M18753
    My game is very laggy. It takes time for options to pop up when I click on the fridge for example and also my sim stands still for a while before doing a task. Makes it very difficult to play. I have no mods or anything and I tried offline mode. Don't know what to do more.

Hello @Denisewall12
    SimGuruNick is asking for save files and other files in this thread link for simmers experiencing lagginess . You may like to share the files with him.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15554606/#Comment_15554606

There are a few things to try to see if they may help with your issues.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing the households.

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate.

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.
    Thank you for your answer! I also have My dxdiag info here, do you mind looking at it?

System Information
    Time of this report: 2/20/2017, 19:14:47
    Machine name: PACKARDBELL
    Machine Id: {C9BF9C11-CCD2-42A3-ADE7-F877FA77070A}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
    Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: Packard Bell
    System Model: imedia S2110
    BIOS: P11-B2
    Processor: AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3802MB RAM
    Page File: 4115MB used, 1379MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9809)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9809&SUBSYS_05921025&REV_00
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 1909 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 245 MB
    Shared Memory: 1664 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: AOC 2450W
    Monitor Model: 2450W
    Monitor Id: AOC2450
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1404 (English)
    Driver Version: 15.201.1151.0
    DDI Version: 11.1
    Feature Levels: 11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable
    Power P-states: Not Applicable
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 2015-08-21 01:00:00, 1479808 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-DB49-11CF-E976-9825BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9809
    SubSys ID: 0x05921025
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem0.inf:cb0ae4146300e347:ati2mtag_Wrestler:15.201.1151.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9809
    Rank Of Driver: 00DA2001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG4pt2_VLD_AdvSimple_NoGMC
    Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    MPO Caps: Not Supported
    MPO Stretch: Not Supported
    MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
    MPO Formats: Not Supported
    Hello @Denisewall12
    Go to the Packard Bell website, search for your computer model and update your computer with any update drivers.
    I will also ask @luthienrising to look at your dxdiag information.
    Thank you so much :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for your answer! I also have My dxdiag info here, do you mind looking at it?

System Information
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)

Display Devices

Hi @Denisewall12 ! Those specs are pretty commonly going to encounter lag in Sims 4. The CPU is quite a bit newer than the minimum required listed one for the game, but it's significantly below the minimum amount of CPU processing speed for a laptop that has only integrated graphics (which is 2.0 GHz). I'm not sure if you're going to have much luck getting past that to avoid lag.

Some things you can try that will tax the processing power and speed of your integrated graphics, CPU, and 4GB RAM less:
    - plug the laptop in when you play and use a laptop cooler: a cooler, better-powered laptop will cope better than otherwise
    - turn off everything but Origin before you start Sims
    - tell Origin to use the 32-bit version of the game, not 64, and set Origin offline
    - play on Laptop Mode
    - stay on Speed 1, so the calculations don't have to happen as fast
    - play smaller households and consider using MC Command Center to reduce the maximum number of Sims active at a time from 20 to something lower
    - use smaller lots with fewer interactive objects (even things that have "view" as an option)
    - avoid San Myshuno and the festivals, at least till the next game update, if you've installed City Living
    - remove CC

You can go to the HP website to see if there's an update for your graphics driver, but that's not likely to be a solution in itself.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

System Information

Display Devices

Hi @Denisewall12 ! Those specs are pretty commonly going to encounter lag in Sims 4. The CPU is quite a bit newer than the minimum required listed one for the game, but it's significantly below the minimum amount of CPU processing speed for a laptop that has only integrated graphics (which is 2.0 GHz). I'm not sure if you're going to have much luck getting past that to avoid lag.

Some things you can try that will tax the processing power and speed of your integrated graphics, CPU, and 4GB RAM less:
    - plug the laptop in when you play and use a laptop cooler: a cooler, better-powered laptop will cope better than otherwise
    - turn off everything but Origin before you start Sims
    - tell Origin to use the 32-bit version of the game, not 64, and set Origin offline
    - play on Laptop Mode
    - stay on Speed 1, so the calculations don't have to happen as fast
    - play smaller households and consider using MC Command Center to reduce the maximum number of Sims active at a time from 20 to something lower
    - use smaller lots with fewer interactive objects (even things that have "view" as an option)
    - avoid San Myshuno and the festivals, at least till the next game update, if you've installed City Living
    - remove CC

You can go to the HP website to see if there's an update for your graphics driver, but that's not likely to be a solution in itself.

Thank you for the Quick response! I do not have a laptop though, does that change anything?
    Hello @Denisewall12
    Try doing the suggestions that Luthien posted, that aren't related to a laptop, because they can help with lagginess in desktops also. Also doing what I posted in the above post may help the issues also
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15574525/#Comment_15574525
  • TitaniumTitanium Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a problem with bathing my toddlers. My sims will place the toddler in the bath and then the action will cancel automatically and the hygiene wont go up on the toddler. I don't use mods and the dlc I have bought for the game is Luxury party stuff, outdoor retreat and Get to work.
    Titanium wrote: »
    I have a problem with bathing my toddlers. My sims will place the toddler in the bath and then the action will cancel automatically and the hygiene wont go up on the toddler. I don't use mods and the dlc I have bought for the game is Luxury party stuff, outdoor retreat and Get to work.

Hello @Titanium
    Other simmers are also having this issue, It occurs when there is a baby and toddler in the same household.
    This is a link to a blog post about the issue.
    The workaround is to have the baby far away from the bathroom , such as outside in the garden, when bathing the toddler or age up the baby.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/01/cant-bath-toddler/

Hello @Hozien

Hello

Hello
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/m-p/5022962#M18753

Thanks, I'll look into it and also the text message/call popped up again.
    This time to my child sim (why, I don't know) and the guy was his nanny.
    rVTPznt.png

Hello @Hozien

Hello

Hello

Thanks, I'll look into it and also the text message/call popped up again.
    This time to my child sim (why, I don't know) and the guy was his nanny.
    rVTPznt.png

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the picture of the text message . It would be good to post the picture and feedback on the AHQ EA thread that I linked to.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I had Vladius Straud follow my vampire Sim back to her house and he burned up in the sun and died. Is there any way to add him back into the game? He was an NPC.
    edited February 2017
    bishop49er wrote: »
    I had Vladius Straud follow my vampire Sim back to her house and he burned up in the sun and died. Is there any way to add him back into the game? He was an NPC.

Hello
    If his ghost is in your game, you could use cheats to add him to your sims household, restore him back to life and then place him in his own home.
    Type in testingcheats true and then shift click him to "add to household" . Then restore him back to life by entering
    traits.remove_trait sunlight
    Then go to manage households and move him into his own household and home.
    Simmers have also uploaded versions of him to the Gallery
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=households&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Vlad&max=50&maxis=false
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I was making a loooong video awhile ago and saw this thing go around the corner dripping green stuff all over the place. There was a lady, who I can't find, that posted a pic of green stuff all over her kitchen floor. Maybe this is the culprit. I saw it in my video. I can't really make out what it is.