Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• MistressFrayMistressFray Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi!

So today I was playing with my Sims and I had a mom, a dad, and two kids (one toddler and one baby). Now I should mention that all the above WERE caucasian. Anyways, the dad died because I wanted to do a single mom playthrough. The baby became a toddler and I decided I didn't like her name, so I did the cas.fulleditmode and went to edit her. When i got into create-a-sim, the dad was back and the toddler was a baby again.

I backed out and come to find out that now, the dad was alive, the baby was black, and mom is mysteriously 3-months pregnant with a third child!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hi!

So today I was playing with my Sims and I had a mom, a dad, and two kids (one toddler and one baby). Now I should mention that all the above WERE caucasian. Anyways, the dad died because I wanted to do a single mom playthrough. The baby became a toddler and I decided I didn't like her name, so I did the cas.fulleditmode and went to edit her. When i got into create-a-sim, the dad was back and the toddler was a baby again.

I backed out and come to find out that now, the dad was alive, the baby was black, and mom is mysteriously 3-months pregnant with a third child!

Hello
    I am not sure what caused this to occur in your game. You may be best to come out of the game without saving and reload the game.
  • jheins420jheins420 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi there! I am new to posting, but lurk quite a bit. :) My question that I haven't been able to find an answer to thru my searches of the community is if there are any fellow simmers who have played the game and pursued a real life career in Interior Design? If someone could point me to threads that have feedback regarding this that would be wonderful. I have been playing the games since the original came out years ago and I absolutely love building and designing houses and rooms. It inspires me to come up with ideas for my own home and I feel that I could be good at designing in real life. Just looking for input from others who are in this career in real life or who may have pursued a career in design as a result of playing. :)

Thanks!!!
    jheins420 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am new to posting, but lurk quite a bit. :) My question that I haven't been able to find an answer to thru my searches of the community is if there are any fellow simmers who have played the game and pursued a real life career in Interior Design? If someone could point me to threads that have feedback regarding this that would be wonderful. I have been playing the games since the original came out years ago and I absolutely love building and designing houses and rooms. It inspires me to come up with ideas for my own home and I feel that I could be good at designing in real life. Just looking for input from others who are in this career in real life or who may have pursued a career in design as a result of playing. :)

Thanks!!!

I guess this really isn't the thread for this either. Jeez! What a dumb noob I am!! Off to find the right place for this!

Thanks!!!

I guess this really isn't the thread for this either. Jeez! What a dumb noob I am!! Off to find the right place for this!

Hello @jheins420 :) Welcome to the forums!
    You may be best to post on a thread in either the general discussions section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-general or the Off Topic section
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    Happy simming! :)
    Thank you for your help!!! :)
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    After loading up the game today, I'm finding that my male teens have the female teen voice instead. All of them! I tried reset sim and it didn't work. Also, I have no mods, etc. I think it may have been because I add the set of twins age up because the mom got stuck trying to 'celebrate'. I reloaded the game too and the mom finally celebrated but the boys still sound like girls. Thank you for making this thread, I don't come here hardly at all so was unable to post.
    *had sorry, apparently I cannot edit my posts either

After loading up the game today, I'm finding that my male teens have the female teen voice instead. All of them! I tried reset sim and it didn't work. Also, I have no mods, etc. I think it may have been because I add the set of twins age up because the mom got stuck trying to 'celebrate'. I reloaded the game too and the mom finally celebrated but the boys still sound like girls. Thank you for making this thread, I don't come here hardly at all so was unable to post.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Male-toddlers-children-continues-with-a-sweet-voice-after/m-p/5817939#M32195
    Awesome, thanks rosemow
  • lovleady5lovleady5 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi! I've been wanting to change my name on the forums.
    I have commented on a couple of Guru's profiles (including drake) but none of them have responded :( .
    What should I do?
    lovleady5 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been wanting to change my name on the forums.
    I have commented on a couple of Guru's profiles (including drake) but none of them have responded :( .
    What should I do?

Hello
    You will soon become a full member when you receive a few more points. Once you become a full member, you can send a pm to SimGuruDrake or SimStaffBethelle about changing your forum user name
  • OctoberScarsOctoberScars Posts: 23 Member
    Is it just me or does anyone else start having a glitchy game when you either have a lot of money or have a very large house? Right now, I have about 400k between the lot and cash with 6 Sims and my game starts acting up. Examples: the fast mode will go extremely fast and not portray the accurate time until you kick the time setting back to slower, or the fast mode isn't any faster than the slow mode. My Sims frequently forget what task they are on or they are frozen for about an hour (in game time) before they move to the assigned task which makes them late for school/work. This has happened countless times and has forced me to start another family each time! Any fixes?
    edited January 2017
    Is it just me or does anyone else start having a glitchy game when you either have a lot of money or have a very large house? Right now, I have about 400k between the lot and cash with 6 Sims and my game starts acting up. Examples: the fast mode will go extremely fast and not portray the accurate time until you kick the time setting back to slower, or the fast mode isn't any faster than the slow mode. My Sims frequently forget what task they are on or they are frozen for about an hour (in game time) before they move to the assigned task which makes them late for school/work. This has happened countless times and has forced me to start another family each time! Any fixes?

Hello @OctoberScars
    Other simmers have been posting that they have been having issues with the speed controls and also the issue with their sims get frozen.
    When sims freeze, going to game options and back, or buy mode and back, or pressing the "m " key can help the issue.
    With the speed mode issues, it may help to press pause when going from one speed to another, wait a few seconds, then press the next speed.
    Try also lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.
  • mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    Pretty sure this occurred after the patch, but honestly, I'm not sure the last time I checked this for my sims. Anyway, I've been playing a family, the mother I made in CAS, and the father I found in the gallery and moved into the world along with a couple others and they were all roommates. One of their sons came back from school today after meeting a girl who's listed as his cousin. Looking closer at the family tree, it appears that the kids have a half-brother, supposedly between the father and a townie. Except, the father never had a relationship with anyone else. And all the father's roommates are now listed as his brothers.
    edited January 2017
    mistwolf7 wrote: »
    Pretty sure this occurred after the patch, but honestly, I'm not sure the last time I checked this for my sims. Anyway, I've been playing a family, the mother I made in CAS, and the father I found in the gallery and moved into the world along with a couple others and they were all roommates. One of their sons came back from school today after meeting a girl who's listed as his cousin. Looking closer at the family tree, it appears that the kids have a half-brother, supposedly between the father and a townie. Except, the father never had a relationship with anyone else. And all the father's roommates are now listed as his brothers.

Hello @mistwolf7
    If you use mods, it may be best to download/install MC Command Center and use that mod to restore the relationships between the sims. There is a help thread for the mod where you could post about what has occurred, and simmers on the thread will help you find the settings in the mod to restore the right relationships.
    The mod download page is
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    The help thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/
  • BryantomBryantom Posts: 2 New Member
    What does it take to become a full member to post my own thread? It is strange that I have to post this way, but anyway

I'm not sure if this problem started with the toddler patch, but when I buy seeds, and open the packet (which should then open a window with 4 random seeds), nothing is happening. I don't get a seed list. I've tried multiple Sims in different households and I cannot see the seeds I buy. I can only open the main packet (starter fruits), but nothing is inside, and new seeds do not show up in my inventory.

Thanks,
    B
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Something strange just happened in my game that has never happened before, a pop up just appeared on my screen a restaurant invite but it was not for my sim. Hey Rachid, its Branson. I`m going to go to check out that restaurant you mentioned. You down to come? options where OK and No Thanks.

My sim does not know these sims they do not appear in her relationship panel. I do have a mod installed Mc Command no other mods or cc.
    I also have all packs except backyard and kids stuff. Game is patched and up to date.
    Bryantom wrote: »
    What does it take to become a full member to post my own thread? It is strange that I have to post this way, but anyway

I'm not sure if this problem started with the toddler patch, but when I buy seeds, and open the packet (which should then open a window with 4 random seeds), nothing is happening. I don't get a seed list. I've tried multiple Sims in different households and I cannot see the seeds I buy. I can only open the main packet (starter fruits), but nothing is inside, and new seeds do not show up in my inventory.

Thanks,
    B

Hello @Bryantom

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issue is still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues , try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and see if the issue is in that game also.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Plainevil wrote: »
    Something strange just happened in my game that has never happened before, a pop up just appeared on my screen a restaurant invite but it was not for my sim. Hey Rachid, its Branson. I`m going to go to check out that restaurant you mentioned. You down to come? options where OK and No Thanks.

My sim does not know these sims they do not appear in her relationship panel. I do have a mod installed Mc Command no other mods or cc.
    I also have all packs except backyard and kids stuff. Game is patched and up to date.

Hello @Plainevil
    It may have been a glitch that occurred. Try checking to see if it occurs again.
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    HI! So, it's been almost a year since it first happenned to me. I have around 43 saves and i noticed one of my saves was gone, then i made a new one, but when i went back to the menu, other save of mine was gone. I think the issue isn't the amount of saves bc i have a friend who has 106 saves and she says she never had a single problem, and, since that day, i only played with a single family (And i'm emotionally attached to them, so i don't want to risk loosing this save) now i want to make another save to play with different sims but i'm scared that this thing that happenned to me last year happens again
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
    HI! So, it's been almost a year since it first happenned to me. I have around 43 saves and i noticed one of my saves was gone, then i made a new one, but when i went back to the menu, other save of mine was gone. I think the issue isn't the amount of saves bc i have a friend who has 106 saves and she says she never had a single problem, and, since that day, i only played with a single family (And i'm emotionally attached to them, so i don't want to risk loosing this save) now i want to make another save to play with different sims but i'm scared that this thing that happenned to me last year happens again

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. It would be best to make a backup copy of your saves folder and place it on an external drive . Then if a save game disappears, you can place the backup copy into your game again.
    After you have made the back up copy of your saves folder, try making the new save and see if all works okay.
  • 7Elektra77Elektra7 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am not sure where to post this because it won't let me start a new thread, but I need some help.... When any of my children age up into teens they loose all their skills they acquired. I don't know if this is a bug or not. Does anyone have any info on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.