Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    yourloveliftsmeyourloveliftsme Posts: 27 New Member
    Hi! I'm not new, I just don't post very much and it won't let me create a thread.

I've been playing this game a lot lately after buying the newest expansion pack, and noticed a few random bugs I wanted to share.

One of my Sims was in the law enforcement career, then switched to the music career. Now, whenever he goes to his music career, he returns home in his old police uniform. Somehow I cannot seem to get him to wear the correct uniform. So weird!

I am seeing an issue where once you select the option for babies to age up, once they become a child, when you hover the cursor over the child, instead of "Child" under their name, it says "Baby".

I had another issue where, after my child aged up, they had homework in their inventory, then when they went to elementary school the next day, they returned with ANOTHER homework, so it showed two homework items in their inventory. I tried deleting one and it screwed things up and somehow they couldn't complete their homework and their grade dropped. Luckily I had saved the game prior to deleting the homework, so I was able to go back and delete the OTHER homework and that fixed it.

I had another issue where I evicted one of my Sims from his home, yet he was still available to invite over to houses of Sims I played. Then I went and moved him once again into a home, and somehow it changed his relationships to other Sims in my neighborhood. He was friends with one of my female Sims, but after moving him back in they were no longer friends.

Had another issue where it seemed like items kept breaking every single day... literally, the sink, toilet, bathtub... every day. I know this had been reported as an issue in the past but I thought it had been fixed. Seems it is happening again.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced any of these issues.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hi! I'm not new, I just don't post very much and it won't let me create a thread.

I've been playing this game a lot lately after buying the newest expansion pack, and noticed a few random bugs I wanted to share.

One of my Sims was in the law enforcement career, then switched to the music career. Now, whenever he goes to his music career, he returns home in his old police uniform. Somehow I cannot seem to get him to wear the correct uniform. So weird!

I am seeing an issue where once you select the option for babies to age up, once they become a child, when you hover the cursor over the child, instead of "Child" under their name, it says "Baby".

I had another issue where, after my child aged up, they had homework in their inventory, then when they went to elementary school the next day, they returned with ANOTHER homework, so it showed two homework items in their inventory. I tried deleting one and it screwed things up and somehow they couldn't complete their homework and their grade dropped. Luckily I had saved the game prior to deleting the homework, so I was able to go back and delete the OTHER homework and that fixed it.

I had another issue where I evicted one of my Sims from his home, yet he was still available to invite over to houses of Sims I played. Then I went and moved him once again into a home, and somehow it changed his relationships to other Sims in my neighborhood. He was friends with one of my female Sims, but after moving him back in they were no longer friends.

Had another issue where it seemed like items kept breaking every single day... literally, the sink, toilet, bathtub... every day. I know this had been reported as an issue in the past but I thought it had been fixed. Seems it is happening again.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced any of these issues.

Hello @yourloveliftsme .
    Repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder can help to fix up game glitches. To repair the game, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

To reset the sims 4 folder, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

With your issue with the uniforms, there is a cheat that can be used to change the career uniform that a sim wears. The cheat is
    sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

With the issue with the child, going into CAS through " plan outfits" , then coming out again, can help to fix the issue. Also having your sim travel to another lot can help the issue.

With the issue with sims no longer being friends, it may be connected to " relationship culling"'.
    If you use mods,there are two mods that can help with the issue. You can only use one, not both at the same time.
    MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    A single standalone mod that has been created to help this is issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    nyny29nyny29 Posts: 124 Member
    Wow what a good idea this thread. Im having forum issue and I cant post anymore... Im still a new member (2014) without the real title. I was able to post new thread before, not anymore. Hopefully it will be resolve soon :) But until then, I need help with the retail store. I cant buy any retail store (GTW expension pack). I click on the phone, then BUY A RETAIL STORE. When I get to the map, It says that I cant buy a retail store already owned. I tried everything, no store seems to be owned by anybody (when I hove over, nothing is mention). I thought I could be the case for pre-made lot. I decide to bulldoze a lot completely, I made it in the selection of venue a CAFE, build it with a cost lower than what my sim can afford (so Im sure its not a simeleon issue) and saved it. When back in my sims save game again. I went to buy the retail store again, and again it says its owned by someone. I know its not owned by anybody. I also know Im not the only one with this issue, but for the others, the problem was cause by a mod.... And after it was resolve. But in my case, I dont use mod or cheats.
    Thank you very much !
  • Options
    nyny29 wrote: »
    Wow what a good idea this thread. Im having forum issue and I cant post anymore... Im still a new member (2014) without the real title. I was able to post new thread before, not anymore. Hopefully it will be resolve soon :) But until then, I need help with the retail store. I cant buy any retail store (GTW expension pack). I click on the phone, then BUY A RETAIL STORE. When I get to the map, It says that I cant buy a retail store already owned. I tried everything, no store seems to be owned by anybody (when I hove over, nothing is mention). I thought I could be the case for pre-made lot. I decide to bulldoze a lot completely, I made it in the selection of venue a CAFE, build it with a cost lower than what my sim can afford (so Im sure its not a simeleon issue) and saved it. When back in my sims save game again. I went to buy the retail store again, and again it says its owned by someone. I know its not owned by anybody. I also know Im not the only one with this issue, but for the others, the problem was cause by a mod.... And after it was resolve. But in my case, I dont use mod or cheats.
    Thank you very much !

Hello @nyny29 .
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    This link refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Can-t-buy-retail-lot/td-p/4452436

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.

I will post what helped another sim .
    I bulldozed the lot, switched to Residential, switched back to Retail, saved, went to my played household, and was able to buy the Retail lot empty. I can now build on it.
    Try doing that and see if that helps.
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you. I already try repairing the game and reset my sims folder (i readed thoses solutions in posts I researched regarding my issue). Its not working. I also did the second option you gave me (buldozz, residential, than retail). When i go back to my saved game, it still says its owned (same with all retails :( ) .
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you. I already try repairing the game and reset my sims folder (i readed thoses solutions in posts I researched regarding my issue). Its not working. I also did the second option you gave me (buldozz, residential, than retail). When i go back to my saved game, it still says its owned (same with all retails :( ) .

Hello @nyny29 .
    If you haven't already done this, try buying a retail store in another world. You may be able to buy a retail store in a different world from where you are trying to currently buy it.

If you still have issues, try starting a new save game and test to see if a sim can purchase a retail store in that game.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow I will try this tonight then!!!
  • Options
    cityslicker93cityslicker93 Posts: 2 New Member
    Help I can't post a discussion and I have a question about sims ; I have a mac book air however i am running out of space I have a seagate 500 gb external hard drive I wish to move the game to and expansion packs help
  • Options
    Help I can't post a discussion and I have a question about sims ; I have a mac book air however i am running out of space I have a seagate 500 gb external hard drive I wish to move the game to and expansion packs help

Hello @cityslicker93 .
    Once you have become a full member you will be able to start a new thread. Because of spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

It would be best to post about your issue in the Mac section of the forums, on a thread that has already been started by another simmer.
    The link to the Mac section of the forums is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Options
    ThisIsTinkzThisIsTinkz Posts: 5 New Member
    Whenever I try to use a cheat on ts4 the cheat box doesn't show up I've tried everything other people have said and it never worked. I'm on a hp laptop, running Windows 10. Please help :(
  • Options
    Whenever I try to use a cheat on ts4 the cheat box doesn't show up I've tried everything other people have said and it never worked. I'm on a hp laptop, running Windows 10. Please help :(

Hello @ThisIsTinkz .
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Do you have any screenshot programs? If you do,try disabling them or uninstalling them and see if that helps the issue. They may be causing problems.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

• Options
    [quote="rosemow;14836969"][quote="ThisIsTinkz;14836965"]Whenever I try to use a cheat on ts4 the cheat box doesn't show up I've tried everything other people have said and it never worked. I'm on a hp laptop, running Windows 10. Please help :( [/quote]

Hello @ThisIsTinkz .
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Do you have any screenshot programs? If you do,try disabling them or uninstalling them and see if that helps the issue. They may be causing problems.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

[/quote]

[quote="rosemow;14836969"][quote="ThisIsTinkz;14836965"]Whenever I try to use a cheat on ts4 the cheat box doesn't show up I've tried everything other people have said and it never worked. I'm on a hp laptop, running Windows 10. Please help :( [/quote]

Hello @ThisIsTinkz .

[/quote]

I attempted the first three before and the last one didn't work. Keep in mind I just completely whipped my hard drive and I have nothing but ts4 origins google chrome and steam on it so there couldn't be anything on my laptop interfering with it
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hello @ThisIsTinkz
    Does the control, shift and c keys work okay when you are doing normal computer work, that isn't gaming?

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Try starting a new save game and test to see if the cheat box comes up in that game.
  • Options
    hi @rosemow my shift key works for capitalizing letters and stuff but trying to use most keyboard commands dont work like copy and paste i do not have any mods yet and starting a new game did not work.
  • Options
    hi @rosemow my shift key works for capitalizing letters and stuff but trying to use most keyboard commands dont work like copy and paste i do not have any mods yet and starting a new game did not work.

I am just checking that you are having issues when trying to use keyboard commands such as copy and paste when not playing the sims? If you are having issues doing that, there may be a problem with your laptop keyboard. If you have another keyboard, try using that and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    @rosemow I finally manage to make this work, after 1h of attempt back and forth! I tried the other solutions you gave me, with no result. After a few trial and error, I found out that, having an incomplete venue (missing a table by exemple for the check list) was letting the lot not owned. As soon as I was doing everything from the list in the world build mode (not in my save), afterall I wasnt able to buy it. It was considered as owned. So that was the solution for me :) Thank you for all the help!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @rosemow I finally manage to make this work, after 1h of attempt back and forth! I tried the other solutions you gave me, with no result. After a few trial and error, I found out that, having an incomplete venue (missing a table by exemple for the check list) was letting the lot not owned. As soon as I was doing everything from the list in the world build mode (not in my save), afterall I wasnt able to buy it. It was considered as owned. So that was the solution for me :) Thank you for all the help!!!!

Hello @nyny29 .
    I am glad that your issue has been fixed :) Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AnnieDepressantAnnieDepressant Posts: 45 Member
    I'd like to report an issue with my bins and sinks not being recognised when my sims need to clean up - only had this problem since the last update. In order for my sims too clean up I need to place a new bin but it is not recognised the next time cleaning up needs to be done - it says there is no bin or sink on the lot.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to report an issue with my bins and sinks not being recognised when my sims need to clean up - only had this problem since the last update. In order for my sims too clean up I need to place a new bin but it is not recognised the next time cleaning up needs to be done - it says there is no bin or sink on the lot.

Sometimes a problem that starts at an update is being caused by a mod or CC that's no longer game-compatible because the code update changes some code that mod or CC was "talking" to. If you're using mods or CC, try pulling them out of the Mods folder and see if that helps. If it does, you can then start narrowing down *which* files are "broken".

If you're not using mods or CC, try replacing the sinks and bins, and try Origin > My Games > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Hello @AnnieDepressant .
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    t4ylor4nnt4ylor4nn Posts: 10 New Member
    -My sim will not dance if I select the task from the DJ booth. I have to select the dance floor and she is done dancing within seconds??
    -TONS of social interaction tasks pop up on my task sidebar, and I mean TONS. Way past the point where it's supposed to be full. When I pause the game hoping it will catch up, they just keep coming. Her social skills are leveling up insanely fast. She went from level 0 to level 5 in more than one skill in just seconds. Even if I pause the Friend+ icon will still pop up (and A LOT) as if the game is still going.
    -Also when I have her practice DJing, she doesn't even go to the booth. She just stands there. She can walk around and do other tasks but yet it still says she is practicing? Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
    -I downloaded GT last night and my sims have been glitching out since. I often have to debug them and reset them because they get stuck so much. I've even tried repairing the game a few times but it didn't seem to work.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    t4ylor4nn wrote: »
    -My sim will not dance if I select the task from the DJ booth. I have to select the dance floor and she is done dancing within seconds??
    -TONS of social interaction tasks pop up on my task sidebar, and I mean TONS. Way past the point where it's supposed to be full. When I pause the game hoping it will catch up, they just keep coming. Her social skills are leveling up insanely fast. She went from level 0 to level 5 in more than one skill in just seconds. Even if I pause the Friend+ icon will still pop up (and A LOT) as if the game is still going.
    -Also when I have her practice DJing, she doesn't even go to the booth. She just stands there. She can walk around and do other tasks but yet it still says she is practicing? Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
    -I downloaded GT last night and my sims have been glitching out since. I often have to debug them and reset them because they get stuck so much. I've even tried repairing the game a few times but it didn't seem to work.

Hello @t4ylor4nn .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

• Options
    t4ylor4nnt4ylor4nn Posts: 10 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @t4ylor4nn .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

THANK YOU!!! I moved my mods folder like you said and now she is practicing like normal. I will test dancing and social interactions next. I had mods in my folder but they were not on in my game settings..must have been confusing the game.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

THANK YOU!!! I moved my mods folder like you said and now she is practicing like normal. I will test dancing and social interactions next. I had mods in my folder but they were not on in my game settings..must have been confusing the game.

Hello.
    There may be mods that are broken. Try testing with the cc/mods enabled setting turned on, then test your mods one by one like I posted and try to narrow down which items are causing the issues.