Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    @rosemow
    Okay I tried evicting them and then putting them back, the issue still persists. I also tried evicting them, and editing them before putting them back but this also didn't work.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue with this family. You may need to wait until the children age up and then see if you can change their appearance then. It sounds like it is only affecting this family. You could also save the family to your library, place them into a new save game, and see if the issue remains.
  • xDeeDeeRamoneXxDeeDeeRamoneX Posts: 35 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue with this family. You may need to wait until the children age up and then see if you can change their appearance then. It sounds like it is only affecting this family. You could also save the family to your library, place them into a new save game, and see if the issue remains.

Oh yeah I added them to my library and the issue disappears when I place them after that, but they can't afford their house that way. It's worth about $58.000, and they only get $28.000 to start. But I think maybe if they have more money in the bank when I add them to my library, they will start with more? Or will I have to cheat?
    tumblr_o0i3p4GEGP1tjydheo1_500.gif
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue with this family. You may need to wait until the children age up and then see if you can change their appearance then. It sounds like it is only affecting this family. You could also save the family to your library, place them into a new save game, and see if the issue remains.

Oh yeah I added them to my library and the issue disappears when I place them after that, but they can't afford their house that way. It's worth about $58.000, and they only get $28.000 to start. But I think maybe if they have more money in the bank when I add them to my library, they will start with more? Or will I have to cheat?

Hello
    The money that they have when in the old game doesn’t transfer with them when you save them to your library, You will need to use cheats in the new game to add more money to their household and /or use the free homes cheat which is
    freerealestate on
    These are money cheats
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Money
  • xDeeDeeRamoneXxDeeDeeRamoneX Posts: 35 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > xDeeDeeRamoneX wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue with this family. You may need to wait until the children age up and then see if you can change their appearance then. It sounds like it is only affecting this family. You could also save the family to your library, place them into a new save game, and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > Oh yeah I added them to my library and the issue disappears when I place them after that, but they can't afford their house that way. It's worth about $58.000, and they only get $28.000 to start. But I think maybe if they have more money in the bank when I add them to my library, they will start with more? Or will I have to cheat?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The money that they have when in the old game doesn’t transfer with them when you save them to your library, You will need to use cheats in the new game to add more money to their household and /or use the free homes cheat which is
    > freerealestate on
    > These are money cheats
    > https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Money

Thanks! @rosemow
    I'll use the money cheat to give my household the exact amount they had so I can just continue like nothing ever happened. Glad I don't have to start over cause I get a little attached to my Sims haha.
    tumblr_o0i3p4GEGP1tjydheo1_500.gif
  • Tambair0688Tambair0688 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello
    Ugh. My comment didn't post correctly lol So I'm new here. I obviously don't know how to post here lol So I'm having an issue with my game. It just started yesterday. My sim had a baby :) It was time for the baby to age up, so I clicked on the crib and chose "age up". The Toddler Trait menu popped up, but it was blank! I couldn't choose anything. I also couldn't back out so I had to force quit the game. So I restarted the computer, updated the game, and repaired it. I made a different family and it happened again! I can't figure it out. I don't have any Custom Content installed. I was playing City Life, if that matters at all. I'm so frustrated :( Can anyone help me? I'd really rather not uninstall and reinstall the game... Thanks :)
    > @rosemow said:
    > xDeeDeeRamoneX wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue with this family. You may need to wait until the children age up and then see if you can change their appearance then. It sounds like it is only affecting this family. You could also save the family to your library, place them into a new save game, and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > Oh yeah I added them to my library and the issue disappears when I place them after that, but they can't afford their house that way. It's worth about $58.000, and they only get $28.000 to start. But I think maybe if they have more money in the bank when I add them to my library, they will start with more? Or will I have to cheat?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The money that they have when in the old game doesn’t transfer with them when you save them to your library, You will need to use cheats in the new game to add more money to their household and /or use the free homes cheat which is
    > freerealestate on
    > These are money cheats
    > https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Money

Thanks! @rosemow
    I'll use the money cheat to give my household the exact amount they had so I can just continue like nothing ever happened. Glad I don't have to start over cause I get a little attached to my Sims haha.

You’re welcome :)
    edited October 2017
    Ugh. My comment didn't post correctly lol So I'm new here. I obviously don't know how to post here lol So I'm having an issue with my game. It just started yesterday. My sim had a baby :) It was time for the baby to age up, so I clicked on the crib and chose "age up". The Toddler Trait menu popped up, but it was blank! I couldn't choose anything. I also couldn't back out so I had to force quit the game. So I restarted the computer, updated the game, and repaired it. I made a different family and it happened again! I can't figure it out. I don't have any Custom Content installed. I was playing City Life, if that matters at all. I'm so frustrated :( Can anyone help me? I'd really rather not uninstall and reinstall the game... Thanks :)

Hello @Tambair0688
    I am sorry that you had this issue occur in your game.
    Try testing again today to see if the issue occurs again.
    If the issue occurs again today, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    If the issue remains , you can enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode and take them into cas and manually add the trait.
    [quote="rosemow;c-16084511"][quote="Tambair0688;c-16084487"]Ugh. My comment didn't post correctly lol So I'm new here. I obviously don't know how to post here lol So I'm having an issue with my game. It just started yesterday. My sim had a baby :) It was time for the baby to age up, so I clicked on the crib and chose "age up". The Toddler Trait menu popped up, but it was blank! I couldn't choose anything. I also couldn't back out so I had to force quit the game. So I restarted the computer, updated the game, and repaired it. I made a different family and it happened again! I can't figure it out. I don't have any Custom Content installed. I was playing City Life, if that matters at all. I'm so frustrated :( Can anyone help me? I'd really rather not uninstall and reinstall the game... Thanks :) [/quote]

Hello @Tambair0688
    If the issue occurs again today, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    If the issue remains , you can enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode and take them into cas and manually add the trait.
    [/quote]

I will try that! Thank you! I did try the CAS thing, but I guess it won't recognize that they aged up and won't let me edit anything since it thinks it's still a baby and not a toddler. I was even going to just remove the baby and add a toddler, but that didn't work either. I'll try the folder thing. Thank you!
    edited October 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Tambair0688

I will try that! Thank you! I did try the CAS thing, but I guess it won't recognize that they aged up and won't let me edit anything since it thinks it's still a baby and not a toddler. I was even going to just remove the baby and add a toddler, but that didn't work either. I'll try the folder thing. Thank you!

You’re welcome :) I hope that it helps. If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.
    You could also see if just waiting for the baby to age up naturally without clicking on the bassinet to age up, may not have these issues.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    @rosemow Ressetting the Sims 4 folder worked. Jeah Aging seem working normal again around the in Nearborhoods of the secrets lots.
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    @rosemow Ressetting the Sims 4 folder worked. Jeah Aging seem working normal again around the in Nearborhoods of the secrets lots.

That is great! :)
  • nebulousvoidnebulousvoid Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! This is my first time posting here so I apologize if I make any mistakes - I made sure to read all the READ FIRSTs.

Issue
    A new Sim on a new Lot has tons of skills already.
    also, this Sim, and the Sims i invited for a club meeting, all change clothes into random outfits that arent part of their picked outfits.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    i made a new sim, put her on an empty lot and took my sweet time building a house.
    When i finally started playing with this new sim, she already had tons of leveled up skills.
    I shrugged and made a club gathering - and all the sims that appeared had completely random clothes that i did NOT pick for them.
    my sim from that lot also changed clothes into some random stuff. when i make her change her outfit it literally gives her something randomized instead of the option i pick.

Where does the bug occur ?
    i checked another alreay played lot in a different town and they change clothes just fine, into their picked outfits. their skills are normal as well.

Mods/CC
    no mods or cc

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    city living, get together, get to work, parenthood

Occurring since
    15th of October - the most recent patch was already installed, and just in case last night i chose to "repair the game" in the origin menu, hoping the problem would...fix itself. it didnt

Operating system
    windows 10
    Hi! This is my first time posting here so I apologize if I make any mistakes - I made sure to read all the READ FIRSTs.

Issue
    A new Sim on a new Lot has tons of skills already.
    also, this Sim, and the Sims i invited for a club meeting, all change clothes into random outfits that arent part of their picked outfits.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    i made a new sim, put her on an empty lot and took my sweet time building a house.
    When i finally started playing with this new sim, she already had tons of leveled up skills.
    I shrugged and made a club gathering - and all the sims that appeared had completely random clothes that i did NOT pick for them.
    my sim from that lot also changed clothes into some random stuff. when i make her change her outfit it literally gives her something randomized instead of the option i pick.

Where does the bug occur ?
    i checked another alreay played lot in a different town and they change clothes just fine, into their picked outfits. their skills are normal as well.

Mods/CC
    no mods or cc

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    city living, get together, get to work, parenthood

Occurring since
    15th of October - the most recent patch was already installed, and just in case last night i chose to "repair the game" in the origin menu, hoping the problem would...fix itself. it didnt

Operating system
    windows 10

Hello @nebulousvoid
    Sometimes the game can give sims skills when you aren’t playing them, when they have been placed in the world. This is a link to cheats that you can use to restore the skill levels of the sim back down again
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills
    If you saved a copy of her to your library when you made her, you could go to manage households, delete her household, and place the library version of her into the game.
    Hi @rosemow ! first of all, thanks for the help!

The skill thing is odd but hasnt disturbed my gameplay so far - the clothing has :(
    I've done exactly what you suggested earlier and it worked fine for a while but then the clothing thing happened again. I deleted all safe states with that sim and the sim herself but...

I was playing with another sim that i had made and played with for about a week now and on two seperate lots (a nightclub and a karaoke bar) her clothes have also been randomized, as well as the clothes of most of the other random sims on that lot.

Is there anything I can do about that? Or like... is there anything im overlooking? The external harddrive I use still has 5GB space left but i dont know, is there...not enough space thats messing with my gameplay? I downloaded two expansions when they were on sale a couple days ago, and there were no problems before that :(
    edited October 2017
    Hi @rosemow ! first of all, thanks for the help!

The skill thing is odd but hasnt disturbed my gameplay so far - the clothing has :(
    I've done exactly what you suggested earlier and it worked fine for a while but then the clothing thing happened again. I deleted all safe states with that sim and the sim herself but...

I was playing with another sim that i had made and played with for about a week now and on two seperate lots (a nightclub and a karaoke bar) her clothes have also been randomized, as well as the clothes of most of the other random sims on that lot.

Is there anything I can do about that? Or like... is there anything im overlooking? The external harddrive I use still has 5GB space left but i dont know, is there...not enough space thats messing with my gameplay? I downloaded two expansions when they were on sale a couple days ago, and there were no problems before that :(

Hello
    If you aren’t playing with the sim, the game often assigns situational outfits to the other sims. They just wear the outfits for that time at the venue.

If you have only 5 gb left on your hard drive, this could cause other issues in your game. You would need to have more free space. Do you have your sims 4 game and your Documents folder installed on the external hard drive?

There is an issue with NPCs wearing odd clothing.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-CL-NPC-Sims-dress-strangely/m-p/6082513#M38376
    I had the EA folder on my laptop and sims on my external - but i put it all on my laptop now and theres plenty of GB space on my laptop... old habit to put it on my external. so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Do those situational outfits for unplayed sims get chosen from within their outfits i had picked, or are they randomized regardless of NPC or made sim?
    And it doesnt seem to be the known glitch either since ive seen THAT happen and it turns into funny combos of gloves and hats for NPCs but not sims i created.

I played for about an hour just now and everything was peachy keen after i did what you suggested - the clothes thing happened as soon as i made a club gathering on my lot. before that my sim was switching clothes perfectly fine, but as soon as i did a club gathering she switched into random clothes, and so did the other club members. some of the club members are my sims and i didnt chose any of those clothes for them.

what annoys me is that the sim i play at that time changes into weird out of character clothes.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I had the EA folder on my laptop and sims on my external - but i put it all on my laptop now and theres plenty of GB space on my laptop... old habit to put it on my external. so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Do those situational outfits for unplayed sims get chosen from within their outfits i had picked, or are they randomized regardless of NPC or made sim?
    And it doesnt seem to be the known glitch either since ive seen THAT happen and it turns into funny combos of gloves and hats for NPCs but not sims i created.

I played for about an hour just now and everything was peachy keen after i did what you suggested - the clothes thing happened as soon as i made a club gathering on my lot. before that my sim was switching clothes perfectly fine, but as soon as i did a club gathering she switched into random clothes, and so did the other club members. some of the club members are my sims and i didnt chose any of those clothes for them.

what annoys me is that the sim i play at that time changes into weird out of character clothes.

The weird clothes glitch is pretty universal.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2017

Hello
    The situational clothes are what the game chooses. If you use MC Command Center mod , there is a setting that helps with the issue.
    I am sorry that you are having issues with the club outfits. When it occurs, you can use the “ change outfits” option to change your sim into other clothes.
    ...yes but they change clothes into other random clothes instead of the ones i click on from the clothes change option
    ...yes but they change clothes into other random clothes instead of the ones i click on from the clothes change option
    I am sorry that this is occurring in your game.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Phoebus333Phoebus333 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a way for two people to play the Sims 4? My daughter has a family started and I would like to start a family too but I don't want to erase all of her work. If I start a family in a different town will her family still be in the other town? Or by doing that will it erase her family completely?
    Phoebus333 wrote: »
    Is there a way for two people to play the Sims 4? My daughter has a family started and I would like to start a family too but I don't want to erase all of her work. If I start a family in a different town will her family still be in the other town? Or by doing that will it erase her family completely?

Hello @Phoebus333
    It would be best for you to start your own new save game. Launch the game, then go to the main screen of sims 4, and start a new save game by pressing the “ new “ button. You can then start a new family and set the game world up as you would like it to be. Then save the game, giving it a different name to the other save game,
    Then when you or your daughter want to play, go to the main screen, and click on the " load game " button.Click on the save game file picture of which save game you want to play and you can then load and play that game.
    This picture may help

PsGlOPc.png
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    is it safe to delete "last exception" and "last crash" files?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png