Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    My question is about game save. I always play the same one save I have. I'm would like to try to play new game, build new families and houses, but I'm afraid to loose my first save I played for almost 2 years. Can someone please explain me how to start new game, but to be able to go back to my old game ?

Hello @Feisbukaite
    To start a new save game, go to the main screen in Sims 4. There will a button there that says " new game" ,Press that and it will start a new save game.
    To play the old first save game later on, go to the main screen again, and click the " load " button. You can then choose which save game that you would like to play.
    This picture may help.
    PsGlOPc.png
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Feisbukaite wrote: »
    >
    > My question is about game save. I always play the same one save I have. I'm would like to try to play new game, build new families and houses, but I'm afraid to loose my first save I played for almost 2 years. Can someone please explain me how to start new game, but to be able to go back to my old game ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Feisbukaite
    > To start a new save game, go to the main screen in Sims 4. There will a button there that says " new game" ,Press that and it will start a new save game.
    > To play the old first save game later on, go to the main screen again, and click the " load " button. You can then choose which save game that you would like to play.
    > This picture may help.

Thank you ! <3
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Feisbukaite wrote: »
    >
    > My question is about game save. I always play the same one save I have. I'm would like to try to play new game, build new families and houses, but I'm afraid to loose my first save I played for almost 2 years. Can someone please explain me how to start new game, but to be able to go back to my old game ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Feisbukaite
    > To start a new save game, go to the main screen in Sims 4. There will a button there that says " new game" ,Press that and it will start a new save game.
    > To play the old first save game later on, go to the main screen again, and click the " load " button. You can then choose which save game that you would like to play.
    > This picture may help.

Thank you ! <3

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    simmerrryysimmerrryy Posts: 9 New Member
    Maybe this is a glitch but um my toddler has a child body and he has yellow eyes and he looks very creepy :neutral:
  • Options
    simmerrryy wrote: »
    Maybe this is a glitch but um my toddler has a child body and he has yellow eyes and he looks very creepy :neutral:

Hello @simmerrryy
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    simmerrryysimmerrryy Posts: 9 New Member
    Nevermind I figured it out
  • Options
    IvyishIvyish Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi. When I opened sims today all my placed buildings were gone.. Reset back to the standard buildings the game gives you. A lot of my buildings i havent saved in my library. How can I get them back? I always save the game, its not just 1 slot thats been reset, its all slots in all of the cities.
  • Options
    Ivyish wrote: »
    Hi. When I opened sims today all my placed buildings were gone.. Reset back to the standard buildings the game gives you. A lot of my buildings i havent saved in my library. How can I get them back? I always save the game, its not just 1 slot thats been reset, its all slots in all of the cities.

Hello @Ivyish
    I am sorry that this has occurred to you.
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version and see if that helps. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Options
    IvyishIvyish Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Ivyish wrote: »
    >
    > Hi. When I opened sims today all my placed buildings were gone.. Reset back to the standard buildings the game gives you. A lot of my buildings i havent saved in my library. How can I get them back? I always save the game, its not just 1 slot thats been reset, its all slots in all of the cities.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ivyish
    > I am sorry that this has occurred to you.
    > Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version and see if that helps. These links explain how to do that.
    > https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

<3 Thank you!!
  • Options
    Ivyish wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Ivyish wrote: »
    >
    > Hi. When I opened sims today all my placed buildings were gone.. Reset back to the standard buildings the game gives you. A lot of my buildings i havent saved in my library. How can I get them back? I always save the game, its not just 1 slot thats been reset, its all slots in all of the cities.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ivyish
    > I am sorry that this has occurred to you.
    > Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version and see if that helps. These links explain how to do that.
    > https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

<3 Thank you!!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
  • Options
    esfire wrote: »
    I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue

Hello @esfire
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > esfire wrote: »
    >
    > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @esfire
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @esfire
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?

Hello.
    Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > esfire wrote: »
    > >
    > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @esfire
    > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    >
    > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.

as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @esfire
    > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    >
    > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.

as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot

Hello,
    I am sorry that you are having these issues with that household :( You may need to,start a new save game and place these sims in to it.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > esfire wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @esfire
    > > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > >
    > > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.
    >
    > as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues with that household :( You may need to,start a new save game and place these sims in to it.

i placed them into a new save and they worked fine there but it would suck to lose all the progress ive had with them in my main save. if theres no fix i might just leave her as an npc i guess. thanks for your help
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @esfire
    > > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > >
    > > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.
    >
    > as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues with that household :( You may need to,start a new save game and place these sims in to it.

i placed them into a new save and they worked fine there but it would suck to lose all the progress ive had with them in my main save. if theres no fix i might just leave her as an npc i guess. thanks for your help

You may have already tried this, but if you havent, try using the reset sim cheat with her and see if that helps
    resetSim firstname secondname
    Try seeing if you can play another household, then enable testingcheats true. Shift click her and her husband and click " add to household" Then go to manage households and move them to their own household again. Then see if you can place them into a home now and load them.

• Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > esfire wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @esfire
    > > > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > > >
    > > > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello.
    > > > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.
    > >
    > > as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues with that household :( You may need to,start a new save game and place these sims in to it.
    >
    > i placed them into a new save and they worked fine there but it would suck to lose all the progress ive had with them in my main save. if theres no fix i might just leave her as an npc i guess. thanks for your help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You may have already tried this, but if you havent, try using the reset sim cheat with her and see if that helps
    > resetSim firstname secondname
    > Try seeing if you can play another household, then enable testingcheats true. Shift click her and her husband and click " add to household" Then go to manage households and move them to their own household again. Then see if you can place them into a home now and load them.

i tried this and it said sim not found, the game got a bit slow but i moved her out again and into a new lot and it worked! but then i went to check her husband and it crashed again so i figured she wasnt the issue after all but an inventory issue. i moved a random townie into their home and both of my sims out so the townie would be left with the inventory and when i moved them into a new lot without their stuff it worked! im really happy, thank you so much for your help!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > esfire wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > I have an issue that started today after installing the kids room stuff pack, the game would crash every time i tried to load a family but all the other families i tried to load were fine so i started moving out everyone in this household in groups until i found out that the issue was just a single sim, ive tried removing all cc/mods and repairing the game, moving her into another lot but nothing seems to work, the game still crashes every time i try to load her household. i threw her and her husband into the gallery and loaded them into another save i have and they worked fine there so theres only this one save that has an issue
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @esfire
    > > > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > > >
    > > > i tried removing stuff from their household inventory but it didnt do anything, i cant get to the sims personal inventory since i cant play her :( do you think killing her and then bringing her back to life could sort it out? will that remove her inventory items?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello.
    > > > Try evicting the household , then placing, them back into a home and see if that may help.
    > >
    > > as i mentioned i did that too, i tried another house and i tried an empty lot
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues with that household :( You may need to,start a new save game and place these sims in to it.
    >
    > i placed them into a new save and they worked fine there but it would suck to lose all the progress ive had with them in my main save. if theres no fix i might just leave her as an npc i guess. thanks for your help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You may have already tried this, but if you havent, try using the reset sim cheat with her and see if that helps
    > resetSim firstname secondname
    > Try seeing if you can play another household, then enable testingcheats true. Shift click her and her husband and click " add to household" Then go to manage households and move them to their own household again. Then see if you can place them into a home now and load them.

i tried this and it said sim not found, the game got a bit slow but i moved her out again and into a new lot and it worked! but then i went to check her husband and it crashed again so i figured she wasnt the issue after all but an inventory issue. i moved a random townie into their home and both of my sims out so the townie would be left with the inventory and when i moved them into a new lot without their stuff it worked! im really happy, thank you so much for your help!

I am glad that the issue is fixed now :) That is great!
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I have some issues with my game, namely that sims can't do certain actions: when I tell them to do them, their action queue empties and they just stand there and won't do anything. This mainly happens when I try to tell them to exercise (stretch, do sit-ups or push-ups), but also happened when my scientist sim drank a serum that was supposed to put him to sleep - the sleeping moodlet appeared, but the sim just stood there, and I was able to direct him to do other things even though technically he was asleep.

I tried repairing my game, but it didn't help. Is there something else I could try doing?
  • Options
    Peruna wrote: »
    I have some issues with my game, namely that sims can't do certain actions: when I tell them to do them, their action queue empties and they just stand there and won't do anything. This mainly happens when I try to tell them to exercise (stretch, do sit-ups or push-ups), but also happened when my scientist sim drank a serum that was supposed to put him to sleep - the sleeping moodlet appeared, but the sim just stood there, and I was able to direct him to do other things even though technically he was asleep.

I tried repairing my game, but it didn't help. Is there something else I could try doing?

Hello @Peruna
    I am sorry that you are having game issues.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you so much for your help, @rosemow! I tried resetting the sims 4 folder but it unfortunately didn't help, so it's most likely a mod or piece of CC that's causing the problem, so now I just need to go through them. Thank you again!
  • Options
    Peruna wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your help, @rosemow! I tried resetting the sims 4 folder but it unfortunately didn't help, so it's most likely a mod or piece of CC that's causing the problem, so now I just need to go through them. Thank you again!

You're welcome :) Try moving the mods folder to the desktop, and test to see if that helps the issue. If it does, then mods or cc are causing the iissue and you will need to go through them to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mod