Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    I'm having an issue with the Herbalist aspiration. I have only one Sim that I have ever attempted this with. I somehow ended up identifying all the unknown plants, but in the aspiration it said 8/10. I found something online that said she may be carrying some plants in her inventory that were still marked unidentified. This was exactly the case with my Sim. The problem is that both of the plants were the same type, so once she identified the first one they were both marked as identified. So now she nows all the plants, but the aspiration is stuck at 9/10. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm having an issue with the Herbalist aspiration. I have only one Sim that I have ever attempted this with. I somehow ended up identifying all the unknown plants, but in the aspiration it said 8/10. I found something online that said she may be carrying some plants in her inventory that were still marked unidentified. This was exactly the case with my Sim. The problem is that both of the plants were the same type, so once she identified the first one they were both marked as identified. So now she nows all the plants, but the aspiration is stuck at 9/10. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hello @HeatherNickel
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to use these cheats to have your sim progress to the next level
    Type in to the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Press enter
  • HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @HeatherNickel
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to use these cheats to have your sim progress to the next level
    Type in to the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Press enter

Thanks! I was hoping to avoid cheating as I really don't like doing it, but I guess I'll have to make an exception this time.

Hello @HeatherNickel
    Type in to the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Press enter

Thanks! I was hoping to avoid cheating as I really don't like doing it, but I guess I'll have to make an exception this time.

You're welcome @HeatherNickel :) It isn't cheating because you did do what was needed to fulfil that part of the aspiration, but it just isn't showing correctly.
    mdebacker wrote: »
    I am happy now that I have found this thread, because I was getting frustrated trying to figure how to ask what I think is a simple (and almost silly) question.

I have searched all over and cannot find the answer to this question... What time is sunset in Sims 4?

For the purpose of protecting my vampire Sims for exposure to the deadly rays of sunlight, I have tried to determine exactly what time is sunrise and sunset in the Sims 4.

This was very easy to determine in Sims 3, even with Seasons. Because Sims 4 does not have seasons, and also assuming that the different worlds a relatively close to each other (same latitude), I am thinking that the sunrise/sunset is the same each day. Yet, I am having trouble figuring out what are those times.

I have narrowed the time for sunset to somewhere between 8:45 and 9:00 PM, but I want to think that it is a fixed time each day for both events. Yet, results for my vampire Sims have varied and I think it should not be this complicated.

Does anyone know what time it is? Does anyone really care?

Hello @mdebacker
    I have read a post today where SimGuruMega posts about sunset times
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15722375/#Comment_15722375
  • AA19849AA19849 Posts: 23 New Member
    A little peeved cause of how I have to do this cause I'm considered a new member, even though I've been playing the Sims, and been apart of this community for 10+ years. But anywho.. I've noticed since the last update there are two issues. One being that I went to create a sim, and my aspirations are gone. Traits too. They just aren't popping up.

Two. Each time I go make my sims go start a meal, they'll prepare it half-way through and then stop and wave their arms around like something is in the way, even though there isn't. I've checked. It might be just the house I had them in, cause I moved them and it stopped. But it still sucks cause I worked really hard on that house and I can't even cook in it. Who knows if it will happen again.

I've turned off mods, I've tried repairing the game. Nothing works. If anyone can help, that will be greatly appreciated.
    AA19849 wrote: »
    A little peeved cause of how I have to do this cause I'm considered a new member, even though I've been playing the Sims, and been apart of this community for 10+ years. But anywho.. I've noticed since the last update there are two issues. One being that I went to create a sim, and my aspirations are gone. Traits too. They just aren't popping up.

Two. Each time I go make my sims go start a meal, they'll prepare it half-way through and then stop and wave their arms around like something is in the way, even though there isn't. I've checked. It might be just the house I had them in, cause I moved them and it stopped. But it still plum cause I worked really hard on that house and I can't even cook in it. Who knows if it will happen again.

I've turned off mods, I've tried repairing the game. Nothing works. If anyone can help, that will be greatly appreciated.

Hello @AA19849
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

With the issue with the cooking, try having them move back to the home and see if the issues remain,
    If the issues remain, try moving the kitchen furnishings around and see if that helps. If there are overhanging items or hanging ceiling lights move them and see if that helps the issue.

Two. Each time I go make my sims go start a meal, they'll prepare it half-way through and then stop and wave their arms around like something is in the way, even though there isn't. I've checked. It might be just the house I had them in, cause I moved them and it stopped. But it still plum cause I worked really hard on that house and I can't even cook in it. Who knows if it will happen again.

Hello @AA19849
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

With the issue with the cooking, try having them move back to the home and see if the issues remain,
    If the issues remain, try moving the kitchen furnishings around and see if that helps. If there are overhanging items or hanging ceiling lights move them and see if that helps the issue.

Thank you! I'll try that when I get on later. I'll let you know the results :3

Hello @AA19849

You're welcome :)
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    Hey!

I FINALLY fixed the not aging up sims :grin: but I still can't Try For Baby in a bed. Could I fix it without removing all my mods?

Thank you!
    Hey!

I FINALLY fixed the not aging up sims :grin: but I still can't Try For Baby in a bed. Could I fix it without removing all my mods?

Thank you!

Hello @iiomqilovesims
    By doing this, you will be able to see if the issue is caused by cc/mods.

Hello @AA19849

I removed a hanging pots thing from the kitchen and that seemed to have made that work, cooking wise. So yay! Thank you. I still have yet to try to CAS issue. I'll try that tonight.

Hello @AA19849

I removed a hanging pots thing from the kitchen and that seemed to have made that work, cooking wise. So yay! Thank you. I still have yet to try to CAS issue. I'll try that tonight.

I am glad that the cooking issue has been fixed :)
  • MellMell Posts: 2 New Member
    I was just playing with some of my old sims, and then made a new family. When I went back to my worlds I found I had lost all of my sims except the ones I had just created. Which makes no sense because i was playing with them half an hour or so before. Help, I have no idea what to do.
    Mell wrote: »
    I was just playing with some of my old sims, and then made a new family. When I went back to my worlds I found I had lost all of my sims except the ones I had just created. Which makes no sense because i was playing with them half an hour or so before. Help, I have no idea what to do.

Hello @Mell
    Come completely out of the game without saving, then reload the game and see if your old sims are there,
  • PokeneitorPokeneitor Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't know if this have been already addressed. My sim broke up with the girlfriend he was living with (they have a child together), so I opened household management to put her back with her previous household. The problem is, SHE WON'T LEAVE MY APARTMENT. It doesn't give me the option to tell her to leave either. The only way to work around this is to play with her current household and tell her to go home, but she comes back a couple of days later. Is this because they have a daughter together? Is so, it is incredibly annoying not being able to tell her to get out of the house.

edited April 2017
    Pokeneitor wrote: »
    I don't know if this have been already addressed. My sim broke up with the girlfriend he was living with (they have a child together), so I opened household management to put her back with her previous household. The problem is, SHE WON'T LEAVE MY APARTMENT. It doesn't give me the option to tell her to leave either. The only way to work around this is to play with her current household and tell her to go home, but she comes back a couple of days later. Is this because they have a daughter together? Is so, it is incredibly annoying not being able to tell her to get out of the house.

Hello @Pokeneitor
    There is an issue when there is a toddler child in the household. The issue is resolved when the toddler ages up. This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue. You may like to post feedback there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-parent-living-in-different-household-not-leaving/m-p/5823789#M32847
  • MellMell Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you, but I just tried that and I still only have the one family I created when I lost all my other sims. Is there anything else I can do?
    Mell wrote: »
    Thank you, but I just tried that and I still only have the one family I created when I lost all my other sims. Is there anything else I can do?

Hello @Mell
    Try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version and see if that helps. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • LexCee86LexCee86 Posts: 79 New Member
    ok, my butlers are missing when I try and hire a service, and now when I try and go out to eat or have to use the loading screen the game never loads into the next screen. It almost freezes but it is still moving, the words and the green thing, but it's kinda frozen cause it never loads. anyone else?
  • LexCee86LexCee86 Posts: 79 New Member
    I don't wanna do the mods thing again please! This can't be modded game life.
    LexCee86 wrote: »
    ok, my butlers are missing when I try and hire a service, and now when I try and go out to eat or have to use the loading screen the game never loads into the next screen. It almost freezes but it is still moving, the words and the green thing, but it's kinda frozen cause it never loads. anyone else?

Hello @LexCee86
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    It would be good to move your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and see if the issues remain. If the issues aren't there, then you will know that it is caused by cc/mods, and you will need to test to see which are causing the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps., if you still are having the issues. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Test the game between placing back each folder
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I'm not sure where to post this, as I'm unable to start my own thread but I would like some help in figuring out what parts to upgrade on my PC.
    I'm not sure where to post this, as I'm unable to start my own thread but I would like some help in figuring out what parts to upgrade on my PC.

Hello @LoveMeHateMe :)
    It would be best to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Technical section of the forums. Simmers there will be able to assist you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    Would you like me to start a new thread for you in that section of the forums? Or you can post on another thread that another simmer has already started there,
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I think I'll just post on a thread already there, if that's okay. Thank you @rosemow !