Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    funny issue... 3 out of 4 of my toddlers have escaped daycare, mom and dad at work and there are no older siblings... how do i put them back into daycare?

Hello @Euphorias_Faith
    Are the toddlers home on their own? Try having them travel to another lot,and back, and see if that causes them to go to daycare.
  • connellsyl375connellsyl375 Posts: 54 New Member
    hi i dont know if this is a bug issue or not but when i tell my sims to do something they just stand around and when i pause the game it doesn't pause until 3 sim hours later and during that time they are just standing there i thought it was my mods and cc so i deleted it and still does the same thing so the whole time im playing theyre standing around my computer is well over the specs i think 8 gb memory and 1 tb hard drive could anyone help me please?
    hi i dont know if this is a bug issue or not but when i tell my sims to do something they just stand around and when i pause the game it doesn't pause until 3 sim hours later and during that time they are just standing there i thought it was my mods and cc so i deleted it and still does the same thing so the whole time im playing theyre standing around my computer is well over the specs i think 8 gb memory and 1 tb hard drive could anyone help me please?

Hello @connellsyl375
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. There are a few things to try to see if they may help with your issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.
  • CorsetCorpseCorsetCorpse Posts: 17 Member
    I have created a house, you can find it by searching for CorsetCorpse in the gallery, but my sim keeps getting stuck on the second floor. Can any builders advise me on how to fix this? :'(
    I have created a house, you can find it by searching for CorsetCorpse in the gallery, but my sim keeps getting stuck on the second floor. Can any builders advise me on how to fix this? :'(

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    If your sim is getting stuck in a particular room, try moving the furnishings around to make more free space. If you have used the moo cheat on times near where he is getting stuck, remove those items.
    When your sim gets stuck, try pressing the M key and having him travel to another lot , or go into build mode and back or game options and back, and see if that will help to stop him from being stuck.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Ok So I posted here last week about a glitch regarding Aging Up Toddlers and then the teens/adults not being able to put them down.

I tried to replicate the glitch 2 more times and I still GOT the glitch in both attempts ( so that's 3/3 attempts it happened).

So this is how I get it.
    1. Have a Household have a baby. Then mark it an Unplayed.
    2. Visit that household with a different household member and "age up" the baby.

After this they can't seem to put down the toddlers. The only way I have found around this is to leave the Area completely.

See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

Ok So I posted here last week about a glitch regarding Aging Up Toddlers and then the teens/adults not being able to put them down.

I tried to replicate the glitch 2 more times and I still GOT the glitch in both attempts ( so that's 3/3 attempts it happened).

So this is how I get it.
    1. Have a Household have a baby. Then mark it an Unplayed.
    2. Visit that household with a different household member and "age up" the baby.

After this they can't seem to put down the toddlers. The only way I have found around this is to leave the Area completely.

Hello
    I am sorry that this issue is occuring in your game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that this issue is occuring in your game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Ok thanks and I will as soon as I get home later :smiley:.

One thing to note about this glitch, it's not necessarily "game breaking", but I guess it's still a bug right?

Aging up the babies from your own household does not get this glitch, I need to know if others can replicate this also as well (I guess only when aging different household babies causes this to happen, which I probably shouldn't try to do in the first place . :D )
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

edited March 2017
  • CorsetCorpseCorsetCorpse Posts: 17 Member

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    If your sim is getting stuck in a particular room, try moving the furnishings around to make more free space. If you have used the moo cheat on times near where he is getting stuck, remove those items.
    When your sim gets stuck, try pressing the M key and having him travel to another lot , or go into build mode and back or game options and back, and see if that will help to stop him from being stuck.

I've tried almost everything I can think of. I've tried moving furnishings, moving the stairs, repairing, uninstalling & reinstalling, traveling. Nothing seems to fix it. :(

Hello @CorsetCorpse

I've tried almost everything I can think of. I've tried moving furnishings, moving the stairs, repairing, uninstalling & reinstalling, traveling. Nothing seems to fix it. :(

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the home. Then place the home from your library onto the lot and see if the issue remains
  • cccamilalalacccamilalala Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow upgrading @cccamilalala computer to windows 64 bit would be the first step. I don't know if upgrading their computer ram will help. The computer is older. The processor is a dual core and they need a quad core to survive the game. Their video card is also lower end. The game may still run ok for now if they upped the ram to 8gb and got windows 64 bit.

Thank you so much rosemow and phoebebebe13! I'll try playing it with another laptop. I'm just curious why I was able to play the game smoothly until now. Is it because of the new updates therefore new requirements?
    @rosemow upgrading @cccamilalala computer to windows 64 bit would be the first step. I don't know if upgrading their computer ram will help. The computer is older. The processor is a dual core and they need a quad core to survive the game. Their video card is also lower end. The game may still run ok for now if they upped the ram to 8gb and got windows 64 bit.

Thank you so much rosemow and phoebebebe13! I'll try playing it with another laptop. I'm just curious why I was able to play the game smoothly until now. Is it because of the new updates therefore new requirements?

Hello @cccamilalala
    With each patch update and the addition of packs there is added pressure on the running of the game. The computer system requirements to run the game increase. Also, laptops are weaker to play games on than desktops.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I cant invite to hangout vampire girlfriends. During day they cant come because they are vampires. During night they cant come because they are sleeping. So the only way to get them to hangout is to way until they randomly walk the neighborhood or when they decide to call to hang out?

A fix to this would be a feature to have populated homes in the active street. I could set up a house for them and visit them or call them over if I see them awake. I dont want to install a mod everytime the game is messed up or is lacking a vital feature or because the devs maybe some day fix the issue... in the nearly far future.

I already installed mods to see trees because they go invisible when I get to close with the camera, to have nails, to not lose sims to culling, because my sims constantly get out of touch with people that I cant constantly invite in to spend time with, for better door locks and MC to fix things the game is constantly breaking. These are things the game needs by default, not through mods. I mean this is the fourth sims game. I would expect the devs to play the game themselfs from time to time to realize this. /vent
    Zasz wrote: »
    I cant invite to hangout vampire girlfriends. During day they cant come because they are vampires. During night they cant come because they are sleeping. So the only way to get them to hangout is to way until they randomly walk the neighborhood or when they decide to call to hang out?

A fix to this would be a feature to have populated homes in the active street. I could set up a house for them and visit them or call them over if I see them awake. I dont want to install a mod everytime the game is messed up or is lacking a vital feature or because the devs maybe some day fix the issue... in the nearly far future.

I already installed mods to see trees because they go invisible when I get to close with the camera, to have nails, to not lose sims to culling, because my sims constantly get out of touch with people that I cant constantly invite in to spend time with, for better door locks and MC to fix things the game is constantly breaking. These are things the game needs by default, not through mods. I mean this is the fourth sims game. I would expect the devs to play the game themselfs from time to time to realize this. /vent

Hello
    You may like to post feedback and suggestions about the game in the Games Feedback section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
  • IhascandyIhascandy Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, I have a script mod in my mods folder that keeps replacing the 'Hug' interaction with a back to back pose and I can't find it in my mods pack to delete it, since I don't know what it's called.
    44318e6415ea052bd5b7c38074aad0aa.png
    That's one small step for a sim... one giant leap for simkind...

Ihascandy wrote: »
    Hi, I have a script mod in my mods folder that keeps replacing the 'Hug' interaction with a back to back pose and I can't find it in my mods pack to delete it, since I don't know what it's called.

Hello @Ihascandy .
    Move all your mods/cc to a folder on your desktop. Then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• IhascandyIhascandy Posts: 67 Member
    Alright, I'll give it a go! Thank you!
    44318e6415ea052bd5b7c38074aad0aa.png
    That's one small step for a sim... one giant leap for simkind...

• ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I cant access origin content from the main menu. It always says origin in game has been disabled in the origin client. But when I check, its enabled ingame and in the origin client. I know I can access this from the origin client aswell to work around this issue.
    Zasz wrote: »
    I cant access origin content from the main menu. It always says origin in game has been disabled in the origin client. But when I check, its enabled ingame and in the origin client. I know I can access this from the origin client aswell to work around this issue.

Hello
    Other simmers have also been having this issue. You need to access it in another way, like you have been doing. I am sorry that it is occurring in your game also.
  • kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    Rosemow! Help, please!
    This weird loading screen music got stuck in my game and I can't get it to turn off. It plays over all the other music and is really annoying!
    edited March 2017
    kaw2006 wrote: »
    Rosemow! Help, please!
    This weird loading screen music got stuck in my game and I can't get it to turn off. It plays over all the other music and is really annoying!

Hello @kaw2006
    Come completely out of the game. Then launch the game, load your save game and see if the issue has now been fixed,
  • emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi, Is anyone else having any issues with the "welcome wagon." for some reason mine either doesn't show up or they show up and stand outside my apartment and they say "neighbor" over there head and they are holding the fruit cake but they don't knock on the door of my apartment. i have had this problem every time i move my sim into an apartment. i don't understand if its just my game or if its something someone else had happen.
    ( No mods or custom content installed in my game )
    Hi, Is anyone else having any issues with the "welcome wagon." for some reason mine either doesn't show up or they show up and stand outside my apartment and they say "neighbor" over there head and they are holding the fruit cake but they don't knock on the door of my apartment. i have had this problem every time i move my sim into an apartment. i don't understand if its just my game or if its something someone else had happen.
    ( No mods or custom content installed in my game )

Hello @emokitten2768
    When they arrive at the apartment, try having your sim go and talk to them outside the apartment, then have him go inside and get him to invite them into the apartment,
    If they won't come in, try adding them into a group and bring them into the apartment.