Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Mods

Just wondering what everyone's favorite mods are. I'm compiling a list for my simming blog, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'll be sharing the results in a blog post next week. Note: These are mods for Sims 4 only. Thanks!

Comments

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    No fatness/muscle is the only mod I have. I like my sims to keep the body shape I gave them in cas. Also, this allows me to make sims eat anything I want without worrying about the consequences.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm going with @Deaderpool 's MC CmD have all sorts of functions, not to mention being updated frequently.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    egureh_WorkStudyHard mod on ModTheSims. I've always felt like promotions take way too long in TS4 compared to the speed of everything else in game at present. I don't use it anymore as I'm trying to keep mods out of my game and only use a small amount of cc hairs and clothing but its a great one I highly recommend for people who don't mind mods.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2016
    Fewer Random Townies on Public Lots Mod. As someone that has a save with the majority of population being my own characters, I like this mod as it emphasizes my own characters to fill the lots such as at the gym or the like. Doesn't completely stop random townies appearing or spawning, but it does lower the number a bit. I also use the no relationship culling mod as I didn't need all the features of MCCommander, although tis getting more tempting with certain patches and just how I'm playing my game.

Another mod I am excited to try, once I check over my CC for any bad ones, is the Working Alarm Clock mod. I think it's brilliant that someone got working ones in. I will also say all these can be found on ModtheSims.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    All of these mods are sounding great. I might have to try them. :)

I noticed the pic in your sig was from the Part-time Jobs for All Mod. I'd so love to use it, but I think it hasn't been updated, has it? I have an elder that would be a great babysitter.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have to have the MC Command mod... that's a must. It's like Nraas Master Controller was for Sims 3 for me.

Others I really wouldn't want to play without are:

Coolspear1's No Autonomy mods; NoAutoGrabDrinkFridge; NoAutoHugs; NoAutoPee(Fertilize)Bush; NoAutoSmashDollHouse

And one I'd likely never have a tombstone on my lot without is Snaitf Disable Autonomous Mourning. My sims would stop 3-4 times during making one meal to go mourn. It was far, far too much. And it wasn't even always someone they were close with. I literally brought a sim in, thru marriage, and he immediately upon entering the house, went to mourn his wife dead grandmother. Having never met her. And proceeded to stop cooking repeatedly to mourn her. That was while I was without my mod. Too, too much.

Other mods that I love, but could live without;

Get Population mod By mgomez
    Scumbumbo EvolveAll
    SuperSpeedMod
    ResetBathingOutfit

I have a few more, but they're not my favorites and I could live without them just fine.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    UI Cheats Extention is my favorite- it provides easy ways to access cheats simply by right-clicking on various elements of the UI instead of typing in a cheat code. This mod does need to be updated frequently.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited February 2016
    MC Command is a necessity for me.

I also have no autonomously grabbing drinks, smashing doll houses, or mourning. I also have an override for the "dirty" look sims get with low hygiene. I may have a couple more, but I'm not on my gaming computer at the moment to look.

Oh and I have one that keeps reward items unlocked. I like having access to all build/buy mode items.

Sounds like I'm going to need some of those other anti-autonomous action mods lol
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    These are the mods I use :)
    • The risky woohoo mod. I feel like it adds a surprise element to my game
    • Longer pregnancy mod
    • Teen careers for everyone
    • No autonomous PC
    • Darker progess circle
    • No mosaic ;p
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    edited February 2016
    Note for those with alien pregnancies on that longer pregnancy mod, unless that has been changed, sorry but it won't affect your guys. At least it didn't when I tested it...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

edited February 2016

I noticed the pic in your sig was from the Part-time Jobs for All Mod. I'd so love to use it, but I think it hasn't been updated, has it? I have an elder that would be a great babysitter.

I don't know if that mod has been updated yet or not. I'm going to check it out.

ETA: Yes, it was updated on February 6, so it should be good to go...at least until the new stuff pack releases today. :)

I'll make note of that. Woot!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I got tired of typing.

16m836h.jpg

I need to check out coolspear's stuff again. Saw some good ones listed here, so thanks for that! :)
  • HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    MadameButterfly's faster eating, drinking, showers mods are invaluable to me. Really helps with the morning routine. Also her No Auto Troll Teh Forums mod - I got really annoyed that all my Sims kept on hogging the PCs to do this.
    HopeTah wrote: »
    MadameButterfly's faster eating, drinking, showers mods are invaluable to me. Really helps with the morning routine. Also her No Auto Troll Teh Forums mod - I got really annoyed that all my Sims kept on hogging the PCs to do this.

I hear you on that! What irks me is that sometimes I'll send a sim to the computer to write or research, and I think that's what he or she is doing, and then I notice there's no green bar. Oops. That disobedient sim canceled my request and is sitting there trolling teh forums.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited February 2016
    For me:
    MC Command Center, to tweak the game to do rotational gameplay more like how I want it.
    No Good Surroundings, so that a nicely decorated room doesn't override a Sim's other emotional buffs.
    Friendlier Ask to Leave, because my Sims were looking like they were in a bad mood when really it was just getting late.

I need to get that No Auto Trolling mod. Anyone have a quickie link?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    For me:
    MC Command Center, to tweak the game to do rotational gameplay more like how I want it.
    No Good Surroundings, so that a nicely decorated room doesn't override a Sim's other emotional buffs.
    Friendlier Ask to Leave, because my Sims were looking like they were in a bad mood when really it was just getting late.

Yup, it's from MadameButterfly, here (you'll need an account).
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    For me:

Yup, it's from MadameButterfly, here (you'll need an account).

Thanks! Bookmarked for later :) (Back to work for me now)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Thanks to everyone who's replied so far. I'm compiling the information and sharing links on my blog. Instead of a single post, I'm going to post a regular series of popular mods. I hope you'll drop by and check it out...and please, let me know more of your favorite mods.