Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 4 getting better???

In your guys opinion do you think the sims 4 is getting better and do you have hope for the future? ;) I definitely do

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    edited February 2016
    In some ways it's gotten better, but I feel it's lacking compared to the other Sims games. The EP's feel much more bare. I don't know if this is because it's a issue of funding or EA trying to squeeze more money with little content. I'm not giving up hope though. It's still early.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's definitely come a long way from launch. I think it's gotten better...but it could beeeee better.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Get together has completely changed the way I play and has made the game so much more entertaining for me. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    From September 2014 until now I think the game has improved a lot. I'm excited to see where the game goes from here.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    It has improved a lot since launch but it's still so empty compared to all other BG. Also both Ep's so far have been very lackluster and could have been much, much better. They have a LONG way to go and I hope they continue to improve this game.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    It has definitely improved, but it is nowhere near as fun as the previous games were during the same point of their development cycles. I don't have much hope for this game. Everything has let me down so far and I don't see that changing much. I still try to play because I love the sims in general, but this game doesn't hold my attention much.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, naturally, the game would get better over time. It could still be improved a lot more, but it's still better than it was in September 2014.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Mstybl95, it is lacking from the older sim series games. It's too bad to, because there are things I do love about the Sims 4.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Yes, it is getting better. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    In some aspects it is getting better, but without some real features Sims 4 cannot possibly reach it's full potential.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not in my opinion. It's getting fuller, but not much better.

Same thoughts here!
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited February 2016
    I do not know how to really answer this question, due to the fact that I have mixed emotions about this game, Yes I like some of the stuff in the packs that have come out so far, BUT what shocks me the most is the fact that The Sims 4 does not hold a Candle to The Sims 1, 2, or 3, Especially since this is the 4TH Base for this franchise, it was suppose to get Better and More interesting, NOT a Lot LESS and boring cause nothing really to do in it, can not drive in the game, does not have even Pets which are suppose to be in cause face it people Pets exists in the Real World!!! okay, I am still waiting on My GOTH CHARACTERS =Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, ect, without a lot of stuff in this game and things to actually do, I get bored with it, so I go back to the first 3 games, among others I play,so I will just wait and see what the future holds for this game, Until they actually get some quality stuff and things to do in it, I won't be playing much.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's... I don't know.

We're two expansions in, and here's where we're at:

Sims 2 - University and Nightlife, both of which massively expanded the game.

Sims 3 - World Adventures and Ambitions, both of which massively expanded the game.

Sims 4 - Get to Work and Get Together, both of which expanded the game.

It's not the same content jump as the prior two games. But, then, we also have game packs that muddy the mess; each expands the game a little bit, by smaller measures. And the stuff packs also tend to expand the game.

I don't know. To be honest, thanks to the way it's been handled, it doesn't actually feel the same growth as it would with prior generations. Even though, from an objective standpoint, it actually might be.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm not sure. Improvements in some areas have definitely happened. However, I feel we're still missing base gameplay I consider crucial to a well rounded life simulation game. They have their reasons for remaining silent on these issues, but I don't think it has done the game any favors. In fact it has damaged the game, possibly beyond repair.

I have given up on the idea of hanging onto any hope for the game, I was too burned last year by the Gamescom presentation (though Get Together does actually have some very nice features) and Rachel Franklin's dreadful and dismissive interview. Hope is no longer an option for me. But, as I do enjoy the earlier versions of Sims, and am interested in the games in general, I'm going to keep a "wait and see" attitude about 2016. If they actually do pleasantly surprise us, great. If not, I think I'm getting closer to feeling OK with moving on from the Sims franchise.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I think it is stuck. Cornered and restricted by it's limitations so while it appears to get better the extras are very much similar in design and all have very short playable shelf lives. Each pack with something shiny in it may make the game look all fresh and new but underneath it's core is still very rotten
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Well I think that if you didn't like it before, you may not like it now, the game certainly improved but it's hard to say if what's improved would in any way change how you feel about it significantly.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited February 2016
    The best additions so far have been recycled from previous Sims games - they are putting in a futile effort to polish a tur.d
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I dunno, do they still have Sims jumping into the bushes and doing the autonomous woohoo in Get Together? Because really, as long as that's in the game, I can't buy that expansion pack. I let my grandson play my game, and I don't want him seeing that mess. (His computer can play it). The only thing I want is the movie stuff pack and that's just because of the movies. Other than that, I tend to take this game with a grain of salt.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    There has been adding game play with SP and DLC, but for me, it has not gotten better. It is light years away from where Sims 2 and Sims 3 were. I wish instead of trying to put out stuff packs, and game packs, I want EA to focus on beefing up their sims. Fleshing them out, revamping them. making them - well, sims. Remove the "one size fits all" emotions and reactions, and make them function and react based off of their traits.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Yes. The more packs and patches, the better the game.
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    For rotational players, the core game has become unplayable without mods. So - no - I'd have to say that it's gotten much worse. They broke my favorite toy. :'(
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Well it's not getting any worse...