Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims will not bath with soaks anymore.

Ever since the new update in febmy Sims will no longer bath with soaks. I actually use this action a lot lol. But I just noticed when I command my Sim to bath with soaks they get into the bathtub and then jump right back out. I've tried using different tubs but nothing works..

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @rosemow :) You do yo magic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello.
    Does it only occur when there are soaks? Or does it occur with tubs without soaks too?

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Does it only occur when there are soaks? Or does it occur with tubs without soaks too?

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

I do not play with cc or any mods ☺
    and it just does it with tubs with soaks. I can still take bubble baths, regular baths, and mud baths just no soaks. I'll repair the game first and see if that helps anything. thank you! if it doesn't work I'll make the new file like you said and hope I don't mess up my game cause with my luck something goes wrong haha
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Hello.

and it just does it with tubs with soaks. I can still take bubble baths, regular baths, and mud baths just no soaks. I'll repair the game first and see if that helps anything. thank you! if it doesn't work I'll make the new file like you said and hope I don't mess up my game cause with my luck something goes wrong haha

I am sorry that you have the issue :( I hope that repairing the game or resetting the sims 4 folder helps.
    Hello.

I am sorry that you have the issue :( I hope that repairing the game or resetting the sims 4 folder helps.
    Thank you for the help! I hope it fixes it if it doesn't I can live without until it fixes itself. ☺☺
    does the bath with soaks work in your game??
    Hello.

Thank you for the help! I hope it fixes it if it doesn't I can live without until it fixes itself. ☺☺
    does the bath with soaks work in your game??

If you still have issues after doing these things, try starting a new save game file just to test to see if the same issue with the soaks occurs in that game as well.
    Okay now I did the repair it did not work unfortunately but I did take my sims to the spa and the baths with soaks works there just fine. now I haven't tried the tub that they have at the spa but I will when I take my sims home and see if that fixes the problem! ☺
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2016
    I can confirm that this happens in my game too.

Do you have a baby on the lot ? Seems to be the bug was not fixed for that particular kind of bath

I do have a few mods in but I'll try a vanilla game tomorrow.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2016
    crinrict wrote: »

Do you have a baby on the lot ? Seems to be the bug was not fixed for that particular kind of bath

interesting whats up with the babies!

i just tested and i did get bubbles when taking a bubble bath, i picked a random premade household no baby though the bubbles do seem very low

b8llpv.png
    Okay now I did the repair it did not work unfortunately but I did take my sims to the spa and the baths with soaks works there just fine. now I haven't tried the tub that they have at the spa but I will when I take my sims home and see if that fixes the problem! ☺

Hello
    There was an issue before the patch that if you had a baby in the household and they were near the bath/shower, it caused issues. It was fixed with the latest patch, but it now seems that it still affects soaks.
    If you have a baby in your household, try moving the baby/nursery far away from the bathroom and see if that helps the issue.

I do have a baby on the lot! my Sim us actually about to have another. well I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue as well. I was able to take soak baths all the time until the update but the spa works just fine. I'm playing an all vanilla game right now ☺

I do have a baby on the lot! my Sim us actually about to have another. well I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue as well. I was able to take soak baths all the time until the update but the spa works just fine. I'm playing an all vanilla game right now ☺

Try moving the baby/nursery far away from the bathroom, or age up the baby now and see if that helps.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2016
    I moved the bath tub one level down and it worked so I assume it's still the baby affecting this particular type of bath.

Shower seems fine but I have not tried all the emotions.

EDIT: @ceejay402 not sure why you post about the bubbles ? It's about bathing with soaks.

Off to bed.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Try moving the baby/nursery far away from the bathroom, or age up the baby now and see if that helps.
    Well I found the culprit ☺ I aged the baby up and the soaks are working again! I guess it's just a game bug. my game is up and running fine now other than I have a few crashes here and there because of my graphics card. I need a new laptop. but other than that thanks everyone for the help! ☺
    I moved the bath tub one level down and it worked so I assume it's still the baby affecting this particular type of bath.

EDIT: @ceejay402 not sure why you post about the bubbles ? It's about bathing with soaks.

Off to bed.

Goodnight crinrict :) The baby issues seems to still be affecting baths with soaks.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Off to bed.

im off today i read soaks to mean bubbles - never mind :)

glad to know its just the baby/object issue @rekandtrs
  • NataroomaNatarooma Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh my gosh, thanks guys, I was stumped as to why my guys couldn't bathe with soaks when they were doing that just fine before their baby arrived! The baby is in their bedroom which has an en suite bathroom, so I moved the baby's crib to the other end of the house in the children's room and voila, daddy could take a relaxing bath with face mask and soaks. Thanks for the temporary workaround, I thought my game was severely broken all of a sudden :D
    Natarooma wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, thanks guys, I was stumped as to why my guys couldn't bathe with soaks when they were doing that just fine before their baby arrived! The baby is in their bedroom which has an en suite bathroom, so I moved the baby's crib to the other end of the house in the children's room and voila, daddy could take a relaxing bath with face mask and soaks. Thanks for the temporary workaround, I thought my game was severely broken all of a sudden :D

Hello.
    I am glad that moving the baby helped the issue in your game. It is good workaround for the issue.