Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I want to return to Sims 4

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Good luck @LoveMcQueen5683
    I miss playing instruments together from the sims 2 :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I miss almost all the things mentioned above, and wouldn't mind those I've never experienced.

I miss kids being able to play piano and playing games with each other.

I miss cut scenes during significant events in a person's life: first kiss, weddings, etc.

I miss getting a limo after a successful wedding to take you on a honeymoon.

I miss going on excursions during vacations.

I miss making out in cars parked at the curb and not in your pocket.

I miss going to actual restaurants where waiters take your order and you had special interactions while dining with someone.

Those are just a few in addition to those things above.

• YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited February 2016
    Basketball goal.
    Functional washer and dryer.
    Cars.
    Walking to my neighbors house without a load screen.
    Adults who could get one of the teen jobs instead of being forced to get a career.
    Self employed careers.
    Swimming in the ocean.
    Relaxing on the bed and watching TV.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited February 2016
    I miss Supernaturals.
    I miss romantic interactions like slow dancing and cuddling while sleeping.
    I miss Prom for my teens.
    I miss Alchemy.
    I miss Lunar Lakes and Midnight Hollow.
    I miss evil well children.
    I miss seasons.
    I miss satellite and meteor deaths... and sims that weren't almost impossible to kill.
    I miss fireworks I can shoot off indoors. >:)
    I miss dancers popping out of birthday cakes.
    latest?cb=20090606223845

I miss Mrs. Crumplebottom.
    I miss TS2 style cars and all the interactions that accompanied them.
    I miss singing microphones!
    I really miss having a color wheel!!!

P.S. For the record, I didn't find the other thread offensive in the least. There are many things I miss and many things I DON'T miss. Both aspects deserve consideration by the devs.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Good luck @LoveMcQueen5683
    I miss playing instruments together from the sims 2 :).

Thank you lol
    LR3g0ni.jpg

P.S. For the record, I didn't find the other thread offensive in the least. There are many things I miss and many things I DON'T miss. Both aspects deserve consideration by the devs.

Neither did I but I got paranoid that the devs would see a feature that I and others do miss in the other thread and decide not to ever implement into the game. So I made this lol
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Great list! :+1: I also miss my sims breaking the fourth wall from time to time. All the other things I miss have already been mentioned. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    More everyday careers - education, politics, military
    Sculpting
    Babysitters
    Playing tag and that sort of game
    Weather
    Small telescopes
    Fairies
    Meteor crashes
    Model rockets
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited February 2016
    More everyday careers - education, politics, military
    Sculpting
    Babysitters
    Playing tag and that sort of game
    Weather
    Small telescopes
    Fairies
    Meteor crashes
    Model rockets

I would LOVE to get the military back. It was my favorite career from ts3, I always miss it when playing.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i miss also many things which were never there in any sims game or only scratched the surface

- i miss children doing yoga & meditating
    - i miss activities for elders which make their life interesting & purposeful
    - i miss in general more stuff related to elders, an entire pack actually
    - i miss the option to choose between different sorts of babysitters from dfferent ages, teen, adult, elder
    - i miss an objects maker

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    i miss also many things which were never there in any sims game or only scratched the surface

- i miss children doing yoga & meditating
    - i miss activities for elders which make their life interesting & purposeful
    - i miss in general more stuff related to elders, an entire pack actually
    - i miss the option to choose between different sorts of babysitters from dfferent ages, teen, adult, elder
    - i miss an objects maker

Can children not do yoga? I didn't realize.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    Can children not do yoga? I didn't realize.
    yep, i probably would have bought Spa Day but with children just sitting around this is so unreal

• sharene10sharene10 Posts: 20 Member
    I want, no I need you guy to make an expansion pack based on supernatural being. I would love to play with witches again but I want a major upgrade on it. I want, no need to make a Charmed family household, I need demon to attack ever once in awhile, having a BOS that grow with each generation. Healing powers, vision, freezing time , levation etc. I want them to be able to save people around town or in area. Werewolf's, banshees, fairies, angel, demon and a lot of life or death situations , situation in which your charmed Sim could die, since death is never the end, please give a way to come back to life some how. As you can see I'm obsessed with Charmed. I even have the comics continuing the series. So please answer my ssimmer wish. Oh yeah super heroes would be cool along with everything I just type. Please and thank u
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    Though I love Sims 4 I do wish a few things would come back. Mostly I want to see new things we've never seen in the Sims but here's the ones I miss from previous games.
    Toddlers (of course, even though I never really play them. Mostly I miss them for the rest of the community :) )
    Supernatural Sims
    University
    Magic Sims 2 style. It was fun in TS3 but just not as good in my opinion. I loved having an actual spell book to consult.
    appartments
    hobbies loved the sewing machine and the flower station!
    terrain tools and the constrain floor elevation cheat
    the ability to create multi levels of foundation on one lot
    CAS color tools
    Social bunny
    nervous break downs what can I say? I loved the quack doctor and the brick baby.
    the sims 2 toy making bench didn't like the one from the TS3 store nearly as much. Not sure why though.

OH! I forgot the one I miss the most! burglar They were frustrating on a beginning legacy but I loved watching them sneak in to that 'ominous' music and their hamburglar striped shirts :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As I commented on the other thread, I figure I may comment on here. Note that this is from a jump from TS2 to 4. I do have a few things:

- More involved making out: Call me a lover, but if my sims are making out, I would expect more than just some kissing, at least depending on where they are. And maybe add more romantic interactions in general. I know they'll trickle in eventually but still.

- Magazines & Newspapers: I should say I miss some of the the stuff you could do. With the slablet now, how about letting my sim do an online crossword. And you also cant' fold a slablet into a paper airplane...lol. The magazine part I think is more or less replaced with reading online articles. I know they did more in TS2 for likes and dislikes so this is understandable. At least I got a magazine rack for decor for my libraries.

- Landline phones: Call me a luddite and I completely understand the change as everyone and a monkey have smartphones now, but still miss having that. Ah well. I got TS2 for that if I ever want to go back to picking up the phone and shouting to someone to pick it up.

- Babies being movable: If one thing that still gets my goat is the babies being 'tied' to the bassinets. I still stay optimistic that this may change someday, but still bugs me. If baby Billy is upstairs, lemme bring him down to Gramma who, storywise, may not be able to do the stairs?..lol

Other than that, I'm probably either not missing things or neutral. I enjoy my games nonetheless and I hope what we miss and don't miss helps out in the future. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    Ideas Corner now ?

Ideas Corner now ?

I moved it back. I don't want this thread in there. They need to stop moving it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    Also evil well children return in romantic garden stuff so I am able to remove that from the list.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    The ideas corner is the equivalent of the moon door in A Game of Thrones.......
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    The ideas corner is the equivalent of the moon door in A Game of Thrones.......

If that's a place where things go to die, then I agree and I won't allow it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    They won't allow me to keep it in general discussion and now it's dead just like I predicted.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I miss Body Hair. <3
    I don't miss Creat a World.
  • Tiarah310Tiarah310 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @SarahsShady said:
    > I miss all those things so much @LoveMcQueen5683 Especially Toddlers, Real teens with acne and slow dancing <3
    > I also really miss school buses and being able to run a successful flower shop. I can only play TS4 for about 10 mins before I start thinking about all that's missing and then just get bored and angry.
    > I sincerely hope they add back in the things that have worked in former Sims games.

That's how I am. I'll build a nice house, and then when I actually PLAY the game, it's just lacking so much I can't get into it.

I do miss all of these things too! Hopefully they give us some of it soon.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    -Turn-ons/Turn-offs
    -Toddlers
    -Actual babies
    -Bunk beds
    -Spiral staircases
    -Seasons
    -Pets
    -Drums
    -Burglars
    -While I don't really care about the color wheel, I do miss having more color options than there are now.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    It seems so unfair that the other thread hasn't been moved. Seems like double standards too me.

Missed

Cast
    Open world
    Toddlers
    Sims 2 Babies I never played them but I think they look adorable