Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I want to return to Sims 4

LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This was an old thread of what I and others wanted to see return or brand new concepts appear in The Sims 4. Some stuff has made a comeback but the list is still long. I updated it recently.

Alerting guru's to please consider ideas from this thread for the Sims 4.
@SimGuruDuke
@SimGuruDaniel
@SimGuruNinja
@SimGuruGraham

Gameplay
- Sims reacting better to situations happening around them or towards them and having it affect them long term and not just briefly. Examples: Affairs & Realtionship with Enemies, Toilet Flushing while in Shower
- After School Clubs (ballet, drama, etc.)
- Aspiration Bar, Fears (Sims 2), and Incentive to do Whims
- A scared emotion
- Influence System (got one with Parenthood between parents to children but I wanted it for everyone)
- Create a Style
- Life Stage length sliders
- Chemistry attraction system
- Boarding School/Private School
- Toga Parties
- Online Dating
- Opportunities
- List of books you’ve written (Craft Log)
- Prom & Graduation
- Concerts, Playing musical instruments in a group
- Cooking Contests
- After wedding limo
- TV staying on even when not in use, glow emanating from tv

Skills
- Sculpting
- Alchemy
- Cleaning

Gameplay Objects
- Newspapers with crosswords & paper airplane functions, Magazines
- Security alarm system
- Reward Objects that can be earned by redeeming Satisfaction (whim) Points
- Strollers
- Mysterious Mr. Gnomes
- Alarm Clocks
- Sprinklers
- Juicer
- Cars, Carpools/School Buses, Garages
- Spiral Stairs,
- Elevators
- Swing Sets
- Drums
- Wine Making
- Normal Sized Telescope
- Landline Phones
- Sewing Machine
- Toy Making Bench
- Video Camera
- Skydiving Machine
- Arcade VIdeo Game (single player)
- Rollercoasters

Sim Interactions
- Goose
- Slow Dance
- Teenager Pranks
- Physical Games: red hands, tag, tickle, pillow fight, playing catch, punch you punch me.
- Bed Cuddling, Watching TV in Bed
- Gift Giving
- Child Interaction: Dance on Feet
- Shower Woohoo

Deaths
- Satellite
- Flies
- Scared to Death

Venues
- Town Hall
- Cemetery
- Grocery Store
- Hotels
- Ability for venues to have more than one function

Create-A-Sim
- Body Hair
- Body Piercings
- Turn ons/offs, likes & dislikes
- Interests
- Zodiac Signs
- Traits: Neurotic

Build Mode Tools
- Pond
- Curved Pools

Careers
- Daycare
- Dancer
- Circus
- Ghost Hunting
- Education
- Active Maid Career
- Active Modeling

Lifestates
- Imaginary Friends
- Robots (all varietys)
- Werewolf
- Fleshed Out PlantSims
- Zombies/Mummies

Expansions
- University
- Generations
- World Adventures
LR3g0ni.jpg
Post edited by LoveMcQueen5683 on

Comments

• Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    And the gnomes from Sims 3...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ctroihd1 wrote: »

How could I forget? D: I loved that they could move around your lot.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Where is the thread about things we don't miss. For me Crumblebottom is definately one of them. We HAVE cops and burglars and alarm clocks.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    You forgot working clocks that tick with the time in game AKA Grandfather Clock that dongs on the hour in real time.
    ETA: The word for a clock sound is a bad word? LOL I never.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I miss all those things so much @LoveMcQueen5683 Especially Toddlers, Real teens with acne and slow dancing <3
    I also really miss school buses and being able to run a successful flower shop. I can only play TS4 for about 10 mins before I start thinking about all that's missing and then just get bored and angry.
    I sincerely hope they add back in the things that have worked in former Sims games.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2016
    Great list! I do miss all of those. I also miss the challenge from Ts2: keeping your sims happy should not be that easy! I have had sims eat only once a day and still not be hungry or complain about being hungry.

- More deaths! We need more unexpected things to happen that stir up our games! It is currently nearly impossible for our sims to have an accident and die.

- more activities for our sims to do: Restaurants, cooking contests, bowling, etc.

- Service stores and home businesses would also be great but I doubt they will add them now after GTW...

- I also miss all the little details from the sims 2 (like eg my sim getting mad at her husband because he flushed the toilet when she was taking a shower; she got out of the shower and went after him to scold him!) but i very much doubt they will add those now...
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I miss:

Toddlers
    Sprinklers
    Art Careers
    The ability to set life stages length individually
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Where is the thread about things we don't miss. For me Crumblebottom is definately one of them. We HAVE cops and burglars and alarm clocks.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/877050/what-we-do-not-miss#latest

We don't have burglar NPCs that will come to your house and rob you and we don't have police men who will come and arrest them. And I don't think the alarm clocks do anything besides being purely decorative? If you can provide evidence that they function, I'll remove it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You forgot working clocks that tick with the time in game AKA Grandfather Clock that dongs on the hour in real time.
    ETA: The word for a clock sound is a bad word? LOL I never.

That would be fun to have :3
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I miss all those things so much @LoveMcQueen5683 Especially Toddlers, Real teens with acne and slow dancing <3
    I also really miss school buses and being able to run a successful flower shop. I can only play TS4 for about 10 mins before I start thinking about all that's missing and then just get bored and angry.
    I sincerely hope they add back in the things that have worked in former Sims games.

School buses <3
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Romance attraction lightning bolts
    Funny NPCs
    Trying to get kid into boarding school by inviting headmaster over
    I miss want boxes, since I completely ignore whims
    Teen interactions - curfew, etc.
    University Expansion Pack
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'm open to changes so I wasn't expecting to have back all the features from the past games. I miss badly just one thing: alarm clocks.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

TS1 gnomes were far better and wouldn't teleport to random spots on the lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnb4kJOv23Y

Just sain' :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I love to see all the sports and hobby related activities make a return. Also the juicer machine.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Apartments!
    Restaurants!
    More life stages: while I'm not a fan of toddlers, they fit and I just hope they bring preteens along with them.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Some I swiped from other lists but ..
    -Slow Dancing
    -Gift Giving
    -Bed Cuddles
    -Mrs Crumplebottom
    -Physical games like tag :) for sure
    -The car pool .. I liked to watch them change and upgrade in Sims 2 (I don't miss the back up of cars for a big family though)
    -Romantic Dining (with proposal)
    lol Drew Carey.. but I don't want some celebrity that will fall into obscurity back.. but I liked it when he showed up in Sims 1
    -The Cake Dancer (will never get that back I'm sure)
    -Toga parties in University
    aww memories...

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I miss the season, fall is my favorite season and I miss how the Sims could woohoo in the pile of leaves.
    University
    Animals
    Oceans, really miss Sims swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, surfing, and the fact you could build on the oceans and have that real beach life.
    Open world, I really truly miss that a lot. I feel like it should have been in the Sims 4, but done way better. Sims 4 world is beautiful just hate that Sims cant get the benefit to roam it freely.
    I miss the robots, they was my personal housekeeper and cooks for the family.
    Generations
    Apartments, elevators, spiral stairs, L shape stairs
    Supernatural & Celebrity

• Options
    lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2016
    • Apartments, from TS2
    • Terrain tools
    • Curved pools
    • Pond tool
    • Sports
    • Seasons
    • Online Dating (that's where I my Sim met the love of my his life, Xander Clavell
    • All types of carpool
    • Private School
    and so much more
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS1 gnomes were far better and wouldn't teleport to random spots on the lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnb4kJOv23Y

Just sain' :)

Wow that's really cute. I didn't know that. Now I want those too.

I'll be adding everyone's ideas to a separate list so the developers can have a quick list to see what we miss and desire.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I do miss the working grandfather clock. If i remember right in the Sims they could over wind it?
    I do not most definately miss the "goose". Always had to be the one npc that just had to goose my sim.
    Personally i wished if they had that i had the option to have them arrested for harassment or assault. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    • body hair
    • Piercings (i cant even remember if they were in the previous games, i just want them)
    • that cute little 'dance-while-standing-on-feet' thing a child could do with their parent in TS2
    • firefighters, police, social workers... basically a bunch of npcs :c
    • cuddling while sleeping
    • more psychical activities

There is a bunch of things i miss, but these were the only thing I could remember haha
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    • body hair
    • Piercings (i cant even remember if they were in the previous games, i just want them)
    • that cute little 'dance-while-standing-on-feet' thing a child could do with their parent in TS2
    • firefighters, police, social workers... basically a bunch of npcs :c
    • cuddling while sleeping
    • more psychical activities

There is a bunch of things i miss, but these were the only thing I could remember haha

yeees. I really miss body hair. And I wish it was easier to have piercings and multiple tattoos.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    What I don't miss is way easier to write. There is too many things I miss for me to enumerate and finish on time for dinner.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2016
    1. Sims that actually have decent A.I.
    2. Traits that actually make a difference to help your sim appear to be unique.
    3. The option to have actual loner sims who do not autonomously converse with groups of strangers constantly. In 4 loner traited sims do not behave like loners as all sims seem to have the same social behaviour.
    4. The ability to have one on one conversations without a crowd of sims all joining in.
    5. Privacy in the bathroom as opposed to everyone all coming in to have a conversation whilst your sim does their business oblivious to the intruders.
    6. The ability to create every sim your world and not have computer created ones popping up all the time like in 4. You can't control who lives in your town in 4 without constantly deleting sims.
    7. Burglars, firemen, social workers, police.
    8. Open world. I want to be able to play more than one sim at once with them all in different locations, after all, it is 2015.
    9. Cars.
    10. Colour wheel.
    11. Different eating animations. Greedy sims in 3 ate quicker.
    12. The moodlet system - it was a simple but better way of showing what your sim was feeling. At a glance I could see my sim was tired from exercise yesterday so would not want to do any today; that they were still feeling embarrassed; are sunburnt etc. All you get in 4 is manic, meaningless emotions that have no context. The moodlet system was more realistic because real people feel lots of things all at once, not just one emotion.
    13. Seasons.
    14. Celebrity system.
    15. Opportunities.
    16. Sims breaking the fourth wall.
    17. Spiral staircases.
    18. Defined life stages including toddlers and non-object babies.
    19. The Sims 1 slap.
    20. The fighting animation in 3 was better and more amusing.
    21. Sims that do not smile all of the time.
    22. The programming that made sims not be nice to their enemies. In 4 the sims autonomously have normal conversations with them.
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I miss having Pets, more activities for kids and some more interactions. I don't miss that much, but i'm sure those will be pack in the future!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina