Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 wont download

okay so when we got the feb 4th update, my game updated to 100% but it was blurred out and i wasn't able to play no matter what i did ( force quitting origin, repairing the game) so i just decided to get rid of all the mods and cc, uninstall the game and rid every trace of origin from my computer. now when i try to re download the game, it will only download a few percents before the network speed goes all the way down to 0% and it stops trying to download altogether. to which i force quit origin, re open it in hopes that it might go up at least one percent before it fails again and the process is repeated. i'm really annoyed at this seeing as i've been trying to re download this game for 3 days and have gotten no where. i've attempted to download it through safe mode, went through the troubleshooting crap, safe booted my computer, basically wiped it clean just in case anything might be conflicting with origin which is causing it not to download. i've only had my computer since June and i have a pretty good virus protection software installed so it cant be that. i'm getting desperate here guys. so if anyone has any helpful advice or a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try turning your Virus wear protection off. That is probably what is preventing you from downloading.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • hayleymckayhayleymckay Posts: 12 New Member
    i tried that and it helped a lot! thanks!