Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old School Sims, anyone?

Mikai94Mikai94 Posts: 42 Member
Does anyone still play the first sims?! I sure do! On my Playstation 2 slim :)
giphy.gif
Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do? Maybe that is because someone deleted the action on you.

Comments

• shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I do sometimes, but it's so hard to keep your sims happy.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I sometimes play (also on the PS2) for nostalgia's sake. I really love the music; I can just sit there and listen to it for an hour. I also prefer the voices and whistling in the first one..there's just something about them. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Mikai94Mikai94 Posts: 42 Member
    @shadowicia I agree! I was doing the "Get a life" and it is so hard to get promoted at your job because you're always upset!
    giphy.gif
    Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do? Maybe that is because someone deleted the action on you.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yup, I have The Sims Complete Collection saved and currently installed on my PC. Still enjoy it from time to time. To this date there hasn't still been a proper recreation of TS1 Makin' Magic or Superstar on their level.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I tried reinstalling it earlier today, and have done previously... I keep getting errors.

I wish I could download it from Origin.
    @EmmaVane I agree, it would have been cool to be able to download The Sims for their anniversary that they just had.
    giphy.gif
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Mikai94 wrote: »
    @shadowicia I agree! I was doing the "Get a life" and it is so hard to get promoted at your job because you're always upset!

Yes, but it's still a great game even though it's hard :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Funny, I just went back to my parent's house and decided to bring back my original copy of The Sims, might have to give it a quick run sometime, I mean I haven't touched it since 2004 ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > Funny, I just went back to my parent's house and decided to bring back my original copy of The Sims, might have to give it a quick run sometime, I mean I haven't touched it since 2004 ;)

Thats what I did! I went to visit my mom, and seen my old play station sitting there along with all my games. I snatched that up quickly as I forgot about it!
    giphy.gif
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I kinda miss Sims 1 sometimes. It was annoyingly hard at times, but it had this certain charm that the series has never truly recreated. I agree that they should make it available on Origin, for like $10 or something. I bet a lot of people would buy it. At the very least, allow Steam or GOG to release it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I kinda miss Sims 1 sometimes. It was annoyingly hard at times, but it had this certain charm that the series has never truly recreated. I agree that they should make it available on Origin, for like $10 or something. I bet a lot of people would buy it. At the very least, allow Steam or GOG to release it.

Oh yes, the charm of TS1 is something that no game ever had before, and sadly not even since...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have the Sims game but havent installed it yet
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Sims 1 will play on Windows 7, and I think on Windows 8 and 8.1, but not sure about Windows 10. If not, I hope there is a way around that.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah I wish, I remember playing Sims 1 as a kid but I gave away my copy years ago. Is there anyway I can get a new copy though I mean like online or something :|
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I play ts1 once or twice a week. I love it :love:
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Mikai94 wrote: »
    Does anyone still play the first sims?! I sure do! On my Playstation 2 slim :)

I lost mine due to a damaged disk. I wish it were available to DL for nostalgia
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Sims 1 will play on Windows 7, and I think on Windows 8 and 8.1, but not sure about Windows 10. If not, I hope there is a way around that.

I play Sims 1 on Windows 10. Never been smoother.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

I'm on Windows 8.1. Just can't install it. I have Triple Deluxe + all other expansions.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I think there was a trick to playing it in Windows 8.1. People were getting a black box when they were trying to run it. I think they had to do a warm boot ( Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and then press the back/cancel button and the black box would go away making the game playable. Not sure if you had that issue though.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not Sims 1 - I gave all of those to my Godson when he was 8 - he will be 18 the end of the month - lol but I still play Sims 2 and Sims 3 all the time. Lots more than Sims 4 as I prefer them both over 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I play 1 & 2. Never stopped. I also play the originals of other games I enjoy once a year. *shrugs*

As long as my systems continue to allow me to do so, I will. The newer games are prettier and all, but they're just not the same. The challenge, Effort, storylines, and intrigue aren't there. Bastion is the only newer-ish (yeah. New word) one that caught my attention. Great game. Added it to my yearly to-do list.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I play 1 & 2. Never stopped. I also play the originals of other games I enjoy once a year. *shrugs*

As long as my systems continue to allow me to do so, I will. The newer games are prettier and all, but they're just not the same. The challenge, Effort, storylines, and intrigue aren't there. Bastion is the only newer-ish (yeah. New word) one that caught my attention. Great game. Added it to my yearly to-do list.

I would still play Sims 1 from time to time if I still had the disks; unfortunately, over time they ended up lost or broken. I've moved a lot and thus have had to scale down my possessions once and awhile.

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin but haven't installed it yet. I plan to eventually, but at the moment I share a PC with my boyfriend which limits my gaming time.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    My computer can't run any of the older games :(
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I have the Sims Complete Collection installed on my Windows 7 laptop, but that is under a pile of papers that probably won't go away until after tax season. My disks for the game are in storage however, and I definitely won't be able to get those out until after tax season (they're in boxes behind a file cabinet). But I was playing it as recently as last summer, and I look forward to playing it again this summer, when I'll test if they work on a Windows 10 computer (the one I'm using now).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I never played the sims 1 sadly, my journey began at sims 2. I tried buying house party at Goodwill but was sad that you needed the base game (this was before I was a simmer)

I would LOVE to see an ultimate collection on origin so I could live the magic that everyone says it has. I would even pay.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png