Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hobbies?

ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
So I've been playing the Sims Freeplay casually for a bit and I'm still totally confused how hobbies work and how to get them in the game. Anyone mind explaining?
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Hobbies are like skills, but sim can only have one of them.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hobbies become available when you build certain public buildings. Examples are the swimming center which give you access to two hobbies (swimming and toddler playhouse) and the stables which give you access to 3 hobbies (horse tricks, vaulting and show jumping). Doing hobbies is your main source to get lifestyle points. There are many more different hobbies in the game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Here's a really good guide about hobbies. This is where I go for all my Sims Free-play info.

https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/sims-freeplay/hobbies/

I am currently working on the dog obedience hobby as I recently was able to unlock the pet park. I think I've completed all of the hobbies except for the Dog Agility which requires another area in the Pet Park to be built.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Here's a really good guide about hobbies. This is where I go for all my Sims Free-play info.

https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/sims-freeplay/hobbies/

I am currently working on the dog obedience hobby as I recently was able to unlock the pet park. I think I've completed all of the hobbies except for the Dog Agility which requires another area in the Pet Park to be built.
    Thank you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Also, just of note... they're a good way to earn XP and Life Points ;)
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Also, just of note... they're a good way to earn XP and Life Points ;)
    Thanks I just have to figure out how to do it. I keep losing my saves, so I have to start from square one yet again. XD I know I should sync my game to account to keep it, but I didn't. Also I like your name and hi I'm Scobre.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Make sure you save your game progress to the cloud frequently, therefore if anything goes wrong, you can always download your save and have your latest progress there and waiting for you!

And thank you! :smile:
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis