Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous Curves Cycle 5 - WINNER ANNOUNCED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
taeO42r.png

Yep, you saw it correctly, Beech has opened up yet another fun-filled modeling competition!

With Dark Shadowz, Faery Fae, and On Location coming to an end all at once, I couldn't possibly go on without opening a brand new one :wink:

This has been one of my most favorite competitions ever. I adore the creativity that comes out of this competition and the stunning plus-sized models that you have all created in previous cycles. You read that right, models for this competition MUST be plus-sized.

The term "plus-sized" can mean a great many things, but basically for this competition, your model must not look like a tooth-pick. We want to see models with curves, a thick waist, thick thighs, curvy figures, etc. In the past, I've allowed just about any body shape to enter this, even when we've had some pretty thin models.

This cycle will be different.
This cycle will require your models to fit the plus-sized mold.

We will hold a mock assignment where we will be introduced to your model. This mock assignment will determine whether your model can participate in the competition or not. She will need to be curvy, interesting, and beautiful, of course.

This is a laid back competition that will use both story-based AND editorial modeling assignments. Sometimes your photos will need to be fun, playful, candid, and story-based and sometimes they will need to be high fashion, editorial, and modelesque. Just keep an eye out each assignment to determine which one you're required to do.

ykXOMIT.png
No negativity of any kind - this includes belittling yourself
Copying is strictly prohibited
Photo-skinning is NOT allowed
You may draw your own clothing and items
You may use stock photos as backgrounds
You may use real life objects and edit them into your photos
Editing is highly recommended, but not required
Extensions are allowed if asked for at least 24 hours in advance
2 day extensions MAX
Deadlines are Pacific Standard times, adjust accordingly
Have fun!

klBfBGG.png
3NCWUcs.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED
xjojox & Rhapsody Harper
Vana & Jocelyn Johnson

EXTENSIONS GRANTED

=================================================

91VNnTJ.png
WwavrSW.pngnbwhhHJ.png

Sims 3 Thread
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited July 2016
    2PJHyZR.png

FINAL ASSIGNMENT: APOCALYPSE
    Editorial

Excellent work with your frenemies assignemnt! <3

We're down to the finale due to several drops, but that's okay! I know you ladies will rock this!

Create a super cool apocalyptic photo editorial style! I know you will do well - there are no serious requirements aside from high fashion and the basic theme. Good luck!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE photo
    Editorial
    Apocalyptic Editorial

EXAMPLES:
    Photo by Beech
    7geqZbX.jpg
    DEADLINE: JULY 7TH

3gIWlqK.png
    Scoring for this competition is done using a basic scoring rubric. There is a different rubric for the different assignment types, please use the correct one when judging.

STORY-BASED RUBRIC
    Photo Presentation: /10
    Photo Quality: /10
    Creativity of Photo: /15
    Candid/Story-Based: /5
    Judge's Personal Preference: /5
    Requirements: /5
    Total: /50

EDITORIAL RUBRIC
    Photo Presentation: /10
    Photo Quality: /10
    High Fashion: /10
    Creativity of Photo: /10
    Judge's Personal Preference: /5
    Requirements: /5
    Total: /50

SCORING BREAKDOWN
    Photo Presentation: How well did you fill the shot with creative elements? Is the photo pleasing to the eye?
    Photo Quality: Crisp, clear, free of blurriness and borked body parts
    Creativity of Photo: Did you do something unique and fun, something to wow the judges?
    Candid/Story-Based: Does your photo fit the requirement of being a story-based image or is it still too editorial?
    High Fashion: Does your photo look like it belongs in a magazine? Is it high fashion?
    Judge's Personal Preference: Judges have preferences too. We let them express that here.
    Requirements: If there is a list of requirements, please follow them.

UYhOKik.png
    JUDGES, PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PHOTO AND JUDGE ITS FULL SIZE

xjojox & Rhapsody Harper
    dhifQFW.png

Vana & Jocelyn Johnson
    28149875475_cb8f258d9f_k.jpg

6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2016
    Uesbquz.png

We're already here! It's a bittersweet ending, but that's how it always is with competitions! I had a lot of fun hosting this competition and watching everyone create such stunning photos. I got to meet several new (to me) competitors and also got to see some of my veteran simotagraphers hone in their skills! Great job everyone.

Thanks Vid for being an awesome judge and always being so prompt!!

Now, who won?

9cTZ2YV.png
    Click Here if the image doesn't work for you.
    6rj4Q13.png
    6rj4Q13.png
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Sounds awesome! :) I will definitely be entering once I've come up with something. :)
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    edited February 2016
    Great, @MissBirdie :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Forgive me for being a bit slow here...but are you running two separate comps...one for sims3 and one for sims4?
    @Meeshelby :: Nope, it's one in the same. Sims 3 and Sims 4 models can compete together.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @Meeshelby :: Nope, it's one in the same. Sims 3 and Sims 4 models can compete together.

Awesome. Thank you!!
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I think I'll try my hand at Sims 3 again, is this hosted over at Unbound, as well? :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    This sounds great. I would love to participate but I can't post pictures yet :(
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @abelhinha35 i had this problem also. 30 posts and 50 badge points.
    @xJojox :( so how many points do I need to be able to post pictures
    edited February 2016
    2e0kaa0.png
    mkhlag.png
    98rg5t.jpg
    Hello I'm Rhapsody Harper, I'm 24 years old! I'm a curvy girl living in Australia and currently I am a designers assistant. I love fashion to the maxxxx! I guess you could say i'm a fashion diva of sorts. I like wearing it, shopping for it, working for my boss, and obviously looking at it. The things i do in my spare time are create ideas and be imaginative about having my own runway show one day, partying with my friends, and drawing. I've never let being a curvy woman stand in the way of what i want to achieve.
    Post edited by xJojox on
    @xJojox :( so how many points do I need to be able to post pictures

8 more according to your profile.
    Thank @xJojox :) will try to achieve that so that I could try and qualify :)
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Reserve me please :) I'll try get something in today
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    I think I'll try my hand at Sims 3 again, is this hosted over at Unbound, as well? :)

No, just here. I haven't been on Unbound in months.

6rj4Q13.png

You'll get there soon enough :) and if you would like, I can PM you my email and you can send things that way until your rank is high enough here. Just let me know.

6rj4Q13.png
    edited February 2016
    xJojox wrote: »
    can i participate?

Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you before you posted, but yes, you are free to participate :) I'm excited to have you!

@xJojox :: Oh, and please, post your application as soon as possible. That is required before your mock assignment.
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited February 2016
    Yay, I am a member now can I reserve a place, please :)

You'll get there soon enough :) and if you would like, I can PM you my email and you can send things that way until your rank is high enough here. Just let me know.

Thanks for you help @BeechNutBaby :)
    Rhapsody is very lovely @xJojox :)