Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rejuvenation Moodlet Fixed! (Update: Refresh Moodlet Still Bugged!)

sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
Before today's patch, the rejuvenation moodlet had kept on returning after it has expired; after a sim has returned home from vacation. I was just reading the notes on the game patch that was released today, and in it was the fix to this issue! I have been waiting so long to get rid of that issue! Thank you for fixing this issue dev team!
Update: It appears that the latest game patch did not fix the refresh moodlet!
Post edited by sunman502 on

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yup so hated that stupid moodlet. I think it was on like half my family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Every sim that I sent on vacation in Granite Falls. They would come back from their vacation, and end up getting this moodlet problem.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello @Dekay :) I just wanted to say that I know that you will be pleased that the rejuvenated moodlet has been fixed in the patch! I know that this has been a concern for you, and when I read that it had been fixed, I thought of you straight away :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    Oh wow, thank you so much for tagging me, @rosemow! I'm so glad it's fixed. Finally!! :smiley:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Every sim that I sent on vacation in Granite Falls. They would come back from their vacation, and end up getting this moodlet problem.
    Me to it was on half the family that doesn't live at home anymore. LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Yes! I’m so glad EA fixed this bug. It was a bit confusing when my Sim would come back from Granite Falls and the moodlet never disappeared. Though I guess I could think of worse things than being stuck with a positive moodlet, right? LOL ;) I wonder if they will consider allowing players to block text messages while on vacation in the next patch? I think I saw someone post about this problem on the forum, maybe? It just seems weird to receive so many messages to attend parties, etc. when my Sim is technically not home.
    edited February 2016
    celticbard wrote: »
    Yes! I’m so glad EA fixed this bug. It was a bit confusing when my Sim would come back from Granite Falls and the moodlet never disappeared. Though I guess I could think of worse things than being stuck with a positive moodlet, right? LOL ;) I wonder if they will consider allowing players to block text messages while on vacation in the next patch? I think I saw someone post about this problem on the forum, maybe? It just seems weird to receive so many messages to attend parties, etc. when my Sim is technically not home.
    I don't know if they will add something in the next patch that will allow us to block all texts or at least the texts that pertain to any party or join clubs invites while our sims are on vacation or not. But I hope that they do add this in the next patch.

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I wonder why it took over a year to take care of it though. Either way, it's good that's it's gone.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    I wonder why it took over a year to take care of it though. Either way, it's good that's it's gone.

I always had this theory that they will fix the bug before they roll out another vacation themed pack. :wink:
    832XG3D.gif
    Its not gone my sims still have that stupid moodlet.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2016
    Its not gone my sims still have that stupid moodlet.
    I had noticed that too in my game as well last night. The refresh moodlet came back in my game after it's time had expired. Which tells me that what they had thought was the cause, wasn't the cause. So it looks like the dev team is going have dig a little deeper into the game in order to fix this. :(

@SimGuruDrake can you tell the team what they thought they fixed wasn't the moodlet its still in our games. Its getting annoying to still have it when they said they fixed it but my sims still have that moodlet.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    @SimGuruDrake can you tell the team what they thought they fixed wasn't the moodlet its still in our games. Its getting annoying to still have it when they said they fixed it but my sims still have that moodlet.
    Yes SimGuruDrake! Please inform the dev team what they had thought was the cause of the refresh moodlet being bugged wasn't it. And that the issue with this still remains in the game.

edited February 2016
    Hello @pepperjax1230
    Is it a new game that you have started, or are you playing the same game as before the patch? The issue may be fixed in a new save game file.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @pepperjax1230
    Is it a new game that you have started, or are you playing the same game as before the patch? The issue may be fixed in a new save game file.
    The save before the patch but what should it matter if they said they fixed it? If they fixed it then the moodlet would leave in the 2 days or be close to leaving. So apparently it wasn't fixed and how are you suppose to test it out if its a new save?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Hello @pepperjax1230
    The game that I had played last night was after the installation of the latest patch. It wasn't a new game, but a continuation of an older one that I have started before the last patch. Are you suggesting that I start a new? That won't be necessary because I have several older game where none of the sims in have been to Granite Falls yet. This bug only seems to trigger after a sim has come back home from vacationing in Granite Falls, and not before. Because the moodlet has the word refresh with a sun over a lounge chair on it. Which suggests that that sim had be on vacation, and just gotten back from that vacation. The timer for this has a 2 day time limit on it. And once that has expired, the moodlet clears it's self. And then after about a day or so has past in the game, and that sim hadn't gone anywhere for vacation. That moodlet come back with it's time limit reset to two days again. As if the sim had just gotten home from a vacation in Granite Falls again. That's all I can describe about that because that's all that I have noticed about that in my game.

Hello @pepperjax1230 and @sunman502

You may like to post feedback on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, to explain that the moodlet is still causing an issue in your games. It is marked as fixed, so it would be helpful to EA to let them know about your continued issues.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-OR-Rejuvenated-Refresh-moodlet-never-going-away/m-p/4255134#M7880

You may like to post feedback on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, to explain that the moodlet is still causing an issue in your games. It is marked as fixed, so it would be helpful to EA to let them know about your continued issues.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-OR-Rejuvenated-Refresh-moodlet-never-going-away/m-p/4255134#M7880
    We can, but I think that this message will do. Since I have faith in SimGuruDrake that she will report back to the dev team that the fix in the last patch didn't work. SimGuruDrake does have direct contact to the dev team.

We can, but I think that this message will do. Since I have faith in SimGuruDrake that she will report back to the dev team that the fix in the last patch didn't work. SimGuruDrake does have direct contact to the dev team.
    Ok I did but I don't know what good it will do SimGuruDrake is probably are best bet to tell them they didn't fix it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2016

Ok I did but I don't know what good it will do SimGuruDrake is probably are best bet to tell them they didn't fix it.
    EA is very reliable in reporting problems about the game to Maxis. But they are not even in the same town together. And since SimGuruDrake is a SimGuru. That makes her part of the team, and gives her direct contact to the studio it's self. So that make SimGuruDrake our direct link to Maxis. So when we post about the problems with the game here. We are contacting Maxis directly.

Hello @pepperjax1230 I read what you wrote on the EA thread. The patch fix may not help to fix sims that already had the rejuvenated moodlet. It may not remove the moodlet from them if they already had it before the patch. The patch may help to prevent the issue occurring in the future. I am wondering if that is why the fix isn't working in your game?
    edited February 2016
    Hello @pepperjax1230 I read what you wrote on the EA thread. The patch fix may not help to fix sims that already had the rejuvenated moodlet. It may not remove the moodlet from them if they already had it before the patch. The patch may help to prevent the issue occurring in the future. I am wondering if that is why the fix isn't working in your game?
    So what is the point of that I mean you can only test it if you had someone go camping. If you send a random sim camping of course that won't happen to them. It should be fixed for the sims that before the patch had that moodlet. That would make way more sense then having a brand new sim try it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    So what is the point of that I mean you can only test it if you had someone go camping. If you send a random sim camping of course that won't happen to them. It should be fixed for the sims that before the patch had that moodlet. That would make way more sense then having a brand new sim try it.
    It could if the new sim that hadn't gone camping before the last patch did after the last patch, and returns home from camping. What would need to be done is that someone watch's to see if the refresh moodlet returns or not. Now sometimes this moodlet may return after a few days has past in the game. I have seen it do that before in the game. This bug affects any sim that has gone on vacation to Granite Falls. It does not matter if the sim is camping there or staying at one of the cabins there.

edited February 2016
    Man, now I need to test out the game again to check this. :\

All I know is that (before this patch) if your sim leaves the vacation early (and doesn't extend it), the moodlet will not stick. I had been testing it out for days to find possible workarounds or ways to avoid the bug and that's the only way I could find. Sims that have already been affected by the deadly moodlet disease are done for and couldn't be saved. :joy:

Maybe the devs did that and thought that their fix fixed it? I don't know.
    832XG3D.gif