Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[ENDED] The Sims 3 - Battle of the Towns!

SelSel Posts: 430 Member
THE SIMS 3 BATTLE OF THE TOWNS HAS ENDED. MOONLIGHT FALLS WON THE FINAL ROUND. THANKS EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!

Hey, welcome to The Sims 3 Battle of the Towns!
I was wondering which offical Sims 3 world was the most popular with the players, so I decided to make it a little interesting and divide it up into rounds.. :D
It looks a bit like that:
d6whmkloxjdu0t4bs.gif
(I know, not very pretty, but it's the results that matter!)
(the image shows the current status, since the voting is over you can see exactly how Moonlight Falls won :) )

Origin ID: Selxna
Post edited by Sel on

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    1: SV - The 'base world' and it has the Goths of course :smile:

2: BP - Awesome EP ;)

3: ST - Not played either but I like the look of Sunlit Tides more from screenshots ;)

4: HS - Again not played either but I like the look of Hidden Springs more

5: RH - My only Store world but I love that place even more than IP so that gets my vote! :smiley:

6: MV - Not played either but I like the look of MV more

7: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 - Only played that one though but it is an EP world so would be more geared up to the said EP

8: AP - I like both but AP has more of a feel to it

9: BB - Not played either but I like the look of BB more
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for voting! :D Did you vote on the polls liked as well? If not I might have to count you seperately, so just let me know :)
  • Options
    Sel wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for voting! :D Did you vote on the polls liked as well? If not I might have to count you seperately, so just let me know :)

Yes I did vote in the actual polls :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    Poll 1: Sunset Valley vs. Riverview: voted SV

Poll 2: Bridgeport vs. Starlight Shores: voted BP

Poll 3: Lucky Palms vs. Sunlit Tides: voted ST, not played lucky palms

Poll 4: Hidden Springs vs. Aurora Skies: voted AS

Poll 7: Moonlight Falls vs. Midnight Hollow: voted 🐸🐸🐸🐸

the others I haven't really played

I predict sunset valley will win with moonlight falls a close second
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I voted on the first towns of each one except for the last two in which I chose the 2nd towns for them.hope that makes sense hehe
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 okay, thanks! :D
    @dw4518 & @MemoriiValentine thank you for voting :)
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    lol I see in my post and also king_of_simcity it says we voted for PLUM.. that's actually moonlight falls, can't abbreviate it without it turning to plum
  • Options
    Yeah, because the letters M and F could also stand for something else.. :$ But I know what you meant :)
  • Options
    Sel wrote: »
    Yeah, because the letters M and F could also stand for something else.. :$ But I know what you meant :)

I didn't notice that myself, I guess these forums can be rather 'plum' at times ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I voted for:

1. Sunset Valley, though I like both of them, I like the looks of SV more
    2. Starlight Shores, because it doesn't have the routing issues Bridgeport has, plus it has more vacant lots, especially large ones.
    3. Lucky Palms, because while I do have Sunlit Tides, I have never played in it because it looks like it would take my sims too long to go anywhere, due to all of those mountains
    4. Hidden Springs, because it's my favorite town of all, but also because when I tried playing in Aurora Skies, I found it too dark, and thus not only gloomy, but harder on my eyes.
    5. Isla Paradiso, because Roaring Heights just doesn't appeal to me, so I don't even have it.
    6. Monte Vista, because it's beautiful, even though it's spread out so much there's that issue of taking too long for sims to get anywhere, and with so many community lots it's hard to meet other sims on community lots because they're spread out all over the place, so I don't play it as much as I thought I would, and because I'm not interested in Dragon Valley
    7. Moonlight Falls, because I have no interest in any world that is always night, and I'm sure it's even worse for gloom and trying to see anything than Aurora Skies
    8. Appaloosa Plains, because it's such a pretty town, and has a lot more vacant lots, especially large ones, which Twinbrook has very few of
    9. Lunar Lakes, because I'm not interested in a pirate themed world.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift thank you for voting! :smiley:
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    Nice! I like this idea :) . I didn't vote on Polls 3,6, 7 and 9 as I don't have some of the towns.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I voted them all.The one was so hard :'( How can you choose between Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms that was the hardest one.Was a coin toss really cause no amount of weighing the good points of both will seperate them.I love Lucky Palms and my last 7 game saves are in LP but chose ST so it was truly a coin toss.

Some were no brainers and easy to chose a winner.The second hardest was the first SV vs RV :'( They are really close had to go with Sunset Valley since it was the start of it all.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @KeziahT No problem, thank you for voting! :)

@CravenLestat I know, I found a lot of them really hard especially this one!! But there can only be one winner ;) Thanks for voting :smiley:
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I voted them all.The one was so hard :'( How can you choose between Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms that was the hardest one.Was a coin toss really cause no amount of weighing the good points of both will seperate them.I love Lucky Palms and my last 7 game saves are in LP but chose ST so it was truly a coin toss.

Some were no brainers and easy to chose a winner.The second hardest was the first SV vs RV :'( They are really close had to go with Sunset Valley since it was the start of it all.
    Same! :/ I waffled over LP vs ST for awhile and almost skipped voting on that one, lol. I ended up going with LP myself, but I love ST too... :heartbreak:
  • Options
    @Starguru LOL at the broken heart :D that is how I was feeling after clicking ST .. Was like Lucky Palms was crying somewhere in a corner feeling betrayed. :'(

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat - You LOL at my :heartbreak: ? :anguished::anguished::anguished:

:lol: But I figure our votes balance out one another! They both win! :naughty:

Isn't that right, @Sel? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So your avatar is actually us arguing over which is better LP or ST :D To bad I am the boy winning (Gimmie dat block).Haha yeah we balanced each other out but Lucky Palms is really amazing and the way the map is set up is awesome.The central hub then you get that road that goes across the desert highway to the outskirts to build an entirely different section like a trailer park.LP is so good but ST is just as good.
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ^^ Nuuu... MINE! I had it first! *wails piteously like a toddler who’s had her bottle stolen by her evil twin* :lol:

Yeah, I like how LP is set up with the modern and Mediterranean sections with the main town area and then “Cheapside” on the outskirts. I also love that the desert climate makes it different from the majority of worlds. And so much space for expansion! But Sunlit Tides is distinctive too, and gorgeous with that blue, blue water. <3 Definitely a tough call for me too.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Voted. And you guys are right, some of them were harder than I thought they would be! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I voted. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out!
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    1. Sunset Valleeeey!!
    2. Bridgeport - never gets old! B)
    3. Sunlit Tides (although I rarely play it, I like it more)
    4. I didn't vote because I have none of these and no opinion on them as well :/
    5. Roaring Heights - the lag in Isla Paradiso is unbearable - despite it being really beautiful
    6. This was the most difficult one because I love both worlds, but eventually I chose Monte Vista - can't go wrong with food related Tuscan world! :)
    7. Midnight Hollow - love the little shops and the (Tim)Bartonesque premades
    8. Twinbrook; love that french Louisiana feel
    9. Barnacle Bay - I don't have the world yet but I have been a longtime Monkey Island / Gyubrush Threepwood fan so that's a solid vote :wink:
  • Options
    @starguru @KATENESS @GabbyGirlJ @sof2106 Thank you guys for voting! :)
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    1: Sunset Valley vs. Riverview: For me this is the whole contest. My favorite 2 worlds. In the past I've chosen SV but this time it's Riverview.

2: Bridgeport vs. Starlight Shores: I voted this with my money already. Don't have SS so it's Bridgeport.

3: Lucky Palms vs. Sunlit Tides: Already voted with my money here too. I vote Sunlit Tides.

4: Hidden Springs vs. Aurora Skies: Tough one. I like them both, especially when I want to play a cold world. Hidden Springs.

5: Roaring Heights vs. Isla Paradiso: Even though I have a "fixed" version of IP and I haven't actually played a full game in either I have to go with the Miami like city of Roaring Heights.

6: Monte Vista vs. Dragon Valley: Haven't played a game in either of these but looking forward to playing a game in Dragon Valley.

7: Moonlight Falls vs. Midnight Hollow: This was a tough one. I used the Traveler mod to play in M F and played a short game in MH. I like the layout of MH better but until I learn to use CAW to fix the dark terrain paints, the weather patterns and replace the haunted trees and plants to produce a "fixed" version of it, I'll have to go with Moonlight Falls.

8: Appaloosa Plains vs. Twinbrook: In the past I would have chosen AP but I've a new-found appreciation for Twinbrook.

9: Barnacle Bay vs. Lunar Lakes: I never bought LL and I have uninstalled BB to get rid of the incorrectly created, ever-present pirate boots, hat and outfit. If I install the NRaas Dresser mod and/or figure out how to blacklist pieces of clothing then I will install BB again. So I guess I have to go with Barnacle Bay.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I voted via the poll you created. So you won't see my results here until they are tallied. :)