Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin error file for writing - won't let me download

I decided to play my sims 4 that I had already installed on my mom's computer. It had requested to update origin and I let it update, but when I went to go play neither the sims icon or origin icon would open. So, I decided to reinstall origin. As I went to, it said I had already had it installed so of course I cleared origin out of the computer by uninstalling it. As I went to go reinstall it, it had said: "error opening file for writing: click abort to stop installation, retry to try again, or ignore and skip this file." I then redid the installation over and over again, then I also decided to uninstall sims. I kept trying to reinstall origin for about an hour trying to figure out how to fix this. I even turned off the firewall, anti virus, and tried to troubleshoot the compatibility with the file and none of them have worked. The computer I'm using does have windows 10, I was wondering if that could be an issue with it.

But I really need help with this, its truly frustrating me and all I want to do is play my sims 4 :(

Comments