Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need more careers

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I need self-employment! Most of my sims have the "unemployed" tag, even though they're working their little sim butts off at home, and making heaps of money. I want a tool (sort of like the Clubs one), where I can choose what they do, where they do it, and when they do it. I'd never run out of careers again.

That's a great idea!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited October 2017
    We need more GTW careers.

Why is business not a GTW career? Answer phones, have meetings, meet with clients, ect.

I also would love to see a lawyer, education.

Also expand the politician career to being president and changing like laws that impact the Sims towns.

Part-time and self employment jobs.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    about more carrers i fully agree carrers i would like to see back

day care that was in sims3

home designer that was in sims3 so far these are the only 2 i can think of
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I miss all the traits you got with the sims 3 as well. I know it's off topic, but there were soooo many different traits to choose from.. I miss it!
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited October 2017
    I need self-employment! Most of my sims have the "unemployed" tag, even though they're working their little sim butts off at home, and making heaps of money. I want a tool (sort of like the Clubs one), where I can choose what they do, where they do it, and when they do it. I'd never run out of careers again.

That's a great idea!

I made a thread about it some time ago, with a lot of detailed ideas: Create A Job Tool. If we had something like what I describe in that thread, we could run a Daycare Centre, Be a Teacher of any skill we've maxed (like a piano teacher!)- from home or any lot, be a Service sim, be any type of Artisan, have full time or part time work letting us decide the days and the times. And when other sims use "Ask about the Career", they're not told unemployed, they'll be told the name of the sims Business we've created. Will also get rid of all our retailers and restauranters being called unemployed too. (I really fear even the new Vet Career coming in Cats and Dogs, will get labeled 'unemployed', cause it sounds like a business rather than a career. That unemployed tag is a bit of pet peeve of mine :s ).
  • vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    I also think more careers are needed
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Part-time jobs that doesn't go up more than a few notches. Self-employed. Adventurer.
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I really miss the architect career from the Sims 3. I would like that option in the Sims 4.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    fashion career please.....
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    I want to run Beauty Salon or Hotel as a business. From careers I would like to see models, firefighters, daycare, teachers, auto mechanic, janitor, plumber ( I know that we have repair man, but I just think they could make it specific and we could travel with our sim and repair sims toilets).
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    A teacher career would work SO well!! Teaching will always exist, and I think a lot of the game's target audience are either in school or college still and deal with teachers on a regular basis. The career reward items would be easy to think of- bookshelves, desks, best teacher mugs or decorative items, and some tweed jackets for clothes. The different levels seem self-explanatory too! Teacher's Aid, Preschool Teacher, Substitute Teacher, Elementary, Middle, and then they pick either social studies or sciences (or math?) for the two different paths and keep going up towards college professors or principals or college deans- I think it would be an awesome career to have available and just makes so much sense to me. They could Grade Papers as a task or Make Lesson Plan or raise their charisma, logic and creativity lessons depending on the level or path.
  • Westwood2010Westwood2010 Posts: 1 New Member
    I wound like to see a dentist career in the sims 4 .. we really do need more careers mods in the game
  • oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    Yes that would be perfect to have more careers like Military, vets, active careers and many more. We need a career pack. Who agrees like and comment
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I don't know why they didn't include Veterinarian in the last pack. Such a shame. Further, groomer, and dog walker would have been perfect part-time jobs.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member

That's a great idea!

I prefer "Entrepreneur" myself it has a nicer ring to it.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    oasis10 wrote: »
    Yes that would be perfect to have more careers like Military, vets, active careers and many more. We need a career pack. Who agrees like and comment

I would love a career pack!
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I don't know why they didn't include Veterinarian in the last pack. Such a shame. Further, groomer, and dog walker would have been perfect part-time jobs.

um you can be a vetrican but you have to own the building
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    More career ideas: Dentist, Physician Assistant, Pediatrician, Occupational Therapist, Psychiatrist, Lawyer, Patrol Officer, Personal Care Aide, Psychologist, Home Health Aide, Chiropractor, Mental Health Counselor, and more with Amusement park works, Zoo and Aquarium workers, etc
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    I wish we had part-time jobs for adults, too. Not just teens. It's good for storytelling.
    Also, I would love military. A lot of my family has served and I have to make them astronauts in the game because that's the closest thing they have to Air Force.
    I really want celebrities. I think the social media career was cool, but they could have done better with it. It would be nice if they did a celebrity game pack and added to this career. Such as them going out and getting recognized, discounts, autographs, and pictures taken if their social media profile gets big enough. Also an idea, fans having infatuations with your famous sim. It would be funny.
    -I hope they give us a diverse range of celebrities, too. Like model, director, actor, singer (country, pop, folk, etc.), bands w/ lead singers, and maybe letting sims of the author branch get recognition, too.
    All of these ideas listed above I think would be awesome. Would like therapist especially. Your sim could counsel other's - possibly help married couples n' such.
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I wish we had part-time jobs for adults, too. Not just teens. It's good for storytelling.
    Also, I would love military. A lot of my family has served and I have to make them astronauts in the game because that's the closest thing they have to Air Force.
    I really want celebrities. I think the social media career was cool, but they could have done better with it. It would be nice if they did a celebrity game pack and added to this career. Such as them going out and getting recognized, discounts, autographs, and pictures taken if their social media profile gets big enough. Also an idea, fans having infatuations with your famous sim. It would be funny.
    -I hope they give us a diverse range of celebrities, too. Like model, director, actor, singer (country, pop, folk, etc.), bands w/ lead singers, and maybe letting sims of the author branch get recognition, too.
    All of these ideas listed above I think would be awesome. Would like therapist especially. Your sim could counsel other's - possibly help married couples n' such.

A therapist career could tie in with the "Conflict Resolution" trait in the Parenthood Game Pack as well!
  • figrollzxoxfigrollzxox Posts: 20 Member
    a music career would be great!
    ☕️☕️☕️
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I think they should do another career pack with a variety of careers, some active and some traditional. I’d definitely like education included as an active career and military, law, and construction/architecture as traditional/non-active careers.
  • mickeysimbomickeysimbo Posts: 13 New Member
    I miss Law, Journalism, and Fashion! Looking at The Sims Wiki to refresh my memory of old careers... completely forgot about the Xtreme career from TS1. That would be fun to have back too!
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I would love to have an interior designer career where you get called to a home, are given a budget and get to redo a room. Then your pay could depend on the time it took you to do the decorating, keeping to the budget and maybe somehow incorporating the environment rating. There could be a construction career also. It would be similar but you would get called to a house and asked to add a bathroom, bedroom or for big bucks a second floor. Again the pay would be determined by keeping within the budget given and finishing the reno in a timely manner.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    AmeliaNova wrote: »
    A therapist career could tie in with the "Conflict Resolution" trait in the Parenthood Game Pack as well!

Oh, I would love that. But what came with a GP will remain in the GP, so unless we get a patch that adds a therapist career for Parenthood players, I doubt that we'll ever see anything in the future that will make use of the character values or the parenting skill. :/
    a music career would be great!

There is one, you have to become an entertainer and pick the music branch once the choice comes up.