Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Undead With Benefits - Arc Three - UPDATED 11/14

pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
Hi there! I'm primarily a builder and I usually hang out in the builders' threads, but I got inspiration to write a story after creating a few sims and a certain lot. I'm new to writing, so I hope you enjoy my story. :)
Table of Contents

Character Information
Vampire Dwellings

The Pastor Arc

Prologue - The Farewell
Chapter 1.1 - The Walk
Chapter 1.2 - The Pub
Chapter 1.3 - The Brawl
Side Chapter 1 - The First Day
Chapter 2.1 - The Applicant
Chapter 2.2 - The Interview
Chapter 2.3 - The Visitor
Intermission - Hideout Tour
Chapter 3.1 - The Initiation
Chapter 3.2 - The Distraction
Chapter 3.3 - The Invasion
Intermission - Better Days Spa Tour
Side Chapter 2 - The Newcrest Daily
Chapter 4.1 - The Aftermath
Chapter 4.2 - The Abduction
Chapter 4.3 - The Encounter
Side Chapter 3 - The Medallion
Chapter 5.1 - The Gathering
Chapter 5.2 - The Don
Chapter 5.3 - The Grand Archon
Chapter 5.4 - The Appeal
Chapter 6.1 - The Call
Chapter 6.2 - The Hunter
Chapter 6.3 - The Head Pastor
Short Story - The Servant
Chapter 7.1 - The Pet Store
Chapter 7.2 - The Llama
Chapter 7.3 - The Friend
Chapter 7.4 - The Feral
Chapter 8.1 - The Pastor Again
Chapter 8.2 - The Revelation
Chapter 8.3 - The Doctor (Finale)

The Doc's Daughter Arc

Chapter 9.1 - The City
Chapter 9.2 - The Image Change
Chapter 9.3 - The Reconcilation
Chapter 9.4 - The Spar
Chapter 10.1 - The Fengs
Chapter 10.2 - The Fallen Foodie
Chapter 10.3 - The Brothers
Side Chapter - The Warning

Chapter 11.1 - The Spice District
Chapter 11.2 - The Lead
Chapter 11.3 - The Accomplice
Chapter 12.1 - The Homecoming
Chapter 12.2 - The 🐸🐸🐸🐸
Chapter 12.3 - The Essence
Chapter 13.1 - The Mistake
Chapter 13.2 - The TrapChapter 13.3 - The Awakening
Chapter 14.1 - The Judgment
Chapter 14.2 - The Penthouse
Chapter 14.3 - The Confrontation
Chapter 14.4 - The Bickering
Chapter 15.1 - The Abomination
Chapter 15.2 - The Fall
Chapter 15.3 - The Return
Epilogue - The Deal

The Don Arc
Prologue - The Pursuit
Chapter 16.1 - The Handful
Chapter 16.2 - The Prefect
Chapter 16.3 - The Inspection
Chapter 17.1 - The Castle
Chapter 17.2 - The Pharmacist
Chapter 17.3 - The Chess Game
Chapter 18.1 - The Booking
Chapter 18.2 - The Persuasion

Short Stories

The Protege
The Servant
The Corporal
Post edited by pronterus on

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited February 2016
    Undead With Benefits - Chapter 1

---

yjl3F2y.png

Another quiet night in the suburbs of Windenburg. I have always called this place home even before Windenburg was declared a historic site. When I awakened from my “sleep” many decades ago, I was surprised to find out that the Von Haunt Estate has been turned into a museum. It was where I used to go for picnics during my days as a medical student. Seeing places change before you as time passes can be a really interesting experience, especially when you’ve been given the “curse of undeath.”

Personally, I do not see it as a curse. It gave me a new beginning and a new perspective on life. I’ve looked the same as I have been ever since I was locked up in prison around two centuries ago. All because of a controversial article titled, “Why Governor Albert von Windenburg is a Putrid Bag of Farts That Cannot Be Trusted” by yours truly. I don’t really remember what turned me into a vampire. I only remember being shot by a uniformed firing squad and then waking up like this. Although immortality is great, there are drawbacks to being a vampire, however: having to hide during the day, having no reflection, and other typical vampire stuff that I have to deal with. I’m already used to this life, at least.

w0UMzl7.png

It’s at nights like this when I like to take a walk. The quiet atmosphere, the gentle breeze, and the sound of crickets can be really calming. There are times when a human passes by and I get the urge to drink their blood, but tonight, I’m not really in the mood. I’m thinking of going to the pub to have some plasma juice and watch these modern-day humans interact with each other. It’s one of my favourite pastimes, next to posting mean comments on the wonderful Internet. People can react to things in the most hilarious ways. As I held that thought in mind, I cross the bridge going to the pub.

Wait a minute.

Something’s following me. I felt its presence as I was crossing the bridge.

ihNhrlX.png

“Preston, if that is you, I am not in the mood for your ghostly pranks. Show yourself at once!” I say in an authoritative tone.

The once chivalric ghost reveals itself looking like I spoiled his fun. “Sir” Preston is the ghost of a knight that I met a few years after I turned.

Apparently he got killed in an accident involving chickens, which made him into an angry spirit who seeks revenge... on chickens. The story of his death cracks me up every time.

“C’mon, Doc Domingo. I was just trying to pull a little prank. Things are starting to get boring.” The ghostly knight says with a hint of annoyance.

qnTbeYQ.png

“Pull a prank on me?” I reply as I continue walking towards the pub. “Have you forgotten that I can easily sense your presence without any effort?”

“No harm in trying a new ghost stalking technique.” Preston brags. “It works effectively on humans, but no effect on chickens and vampires like you, Doc.”

I stop walking for a moment. “Are you putting ME on the same level as chickens?” I say while raising an eyebrow.

“I-it’s not that, Doc!” the ghost replies with a bit of nervousness. “I’m just saying that those chickens are really clever creatures. Bloody abominations, they are! It takes a lot of guts and courage for a knight to--”

“All right then, Sir Preston.” I address him as “Sir” in a sarcastic tone. “I’ve got some thoughtful advice for you.”

“Yes, Doc?”

Z2BBWBy.png

“DO NOT COMPARE ME TO CHICKENS AGAIN!”

“S-sorry, Doc!”

“Now resume your reconnaissance of the nearby pub! I don’t want to get into a brawl with a vampire hunter again. You remember what happened last time!” I order the ghost as he quickly nods and clumsily hovers away. His floating away looked clumsy from my perspective.

That encounter with the vampire hunter was a bit... strange. It happened only a decade ago, and I managed to escape thanks to a drunk patron who thought that we were dancing; he stepped in to dance with the hunter, which gave me an opportunity to escape. Ever since then, I’ve had Preston accompany me as a lookout, unseen. He is not exactly the most reliable minion, but he can get a few jobs done.

R0ombjq.png

The pub is the place where every local in the area goes to after a hard day of work. I still remember when it used to be a stable that had fine stallions and mares for the upper class folk in the hills. Seeing Preston bumbling around like a fool behind a fence across the pub, I approach him to hear his report.

4SrvmGl.png

Hopefully we won’t encounter any trouble tonight.
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Great start to your story! I love that your main character is a vampire! And Preston is too funny :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
    Thanks @CitizenErased14 :) I'll be introducing more interesting characters in the future chapters.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2016
    WOW! This is a GREAT start! I hope you will continue it and not give up! You're an awesome storyteller! <3 Bookmarked and can't wait for more (because I'm a sucker for paranormal stories!!!! And unfortunately Sims 4 forces us to get creative.) Well done!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks for reading @pammiechick :) What actually got me started on writing was making story briefs for Under Renovation's challenges. I found it really fun until I found inspiration to write this story. It happened after building my second version of Criminal Hideout. :D
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Awesome start! This sounds really interesting. Going to keep an eye on this story! ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    Thanks for reading @Munterbacon :)
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    This is great! I like the sense of humor! I look forward to reading more!
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
    Thanks for reading @Crzydramaqueen Hopefully I'll be able to finish the other chapters soon and publish them every week.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Love this! Your vampire is adorable and charmingly funny! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Thanks for reading @CathyTea :)
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    This is a really awesome story! Your writing is amazing and I can't wait for the next chapter! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for reading @Sterretjeee :) I might post the next chapter soon.
    Undead With Benefits - Chapter 2

Preston waited for me at a small park just across the pub. He used his ghostly abilities to see if there is anything that I should be aware of before going in. The bumbling fool has his uses sometimes.

fHKXXVA.png

“All clear, Doc.” The armoured ghost comically salutes as if he were a soldier.

“Are you sure?” I had to make certain that there were no vampire hunters in the vicinity.

“Yes, Doc. Just the barkeep, a few patrons, and a really drunk man who passed out in the corner.” Preston reports with pride. Hearing about the drunk man reminded me of my run-in with a hunter before.

“They might be members of the Guild. Did you check the personal effects of the patrons?”

“Just regular folk who work here, Doc.” The ghost says as I see a man in business attire pass by looking excited to go into the pub. “No hidden medallions.”

“All right, good job then.” I was satisfied as Preston had performed adequately. “Those meddlers from the Guild can be quite troublesome.” I say as I look at the pub again and see the patrons inside having a good time. The Guild, or the Vampire Hunters’ Guild is exactly what the name suggests, a guild of vampire hunters. Their services include vampire hunting, disrupting vampire activities, purification rites, and very affordable plumbing services. The last service that they offer is surprising, but true. They realized that they need to fund the Guild with a very practical service.

I call the Guild meddlers because they have been disrupting my “operations” while cooperating with the local police. Thinking about the revenue I lost just drives me mad sometimes. I’ll be the laughingstock of the criminal vampire community at this rate. As I think about it more, it gives me a slight headache.

FREbaqa.png

“Are you okay, Doc?” my concerned minion asks me.

“The Guild is giving me a headache, Preston.” I say as I massage my temples with my hands. “Our operations haven’t been going well, which is why I went here to relieve some stress.” I then think about getting a Swedish massage at the spa near the hideout.

“Don’t worry, Doc! It’ll all be well. I’ll just keep an eye out for things.” Preston says with confidence.

“The last time you kept an ‘eye out for things,’ you lost the late 19th century painting of ‘The Descent From the Commode’ by Alexander Hidalgo!” I snapped at Preston, remembering how much I wanted that painting in my collection. There is no other painting in the world that depicts a naked virgin finishing her business in the ladies’ powder room.

“I’m very s-sorry, Doc!” Preston apologizes. “You probably just need some plasma juice, to calm down your nerves.”

“I suppose you are right.” I agree with Preston, for once. “Come, let us enter the pub.” I beckon the ghost as we finally cross the street and go through the door with stained glass. Preston then makes himself invisible to everyone except me.

DRaxpn9.png

I have somehow become a regular here at the Shrieking Llama. The barkeep knows my usual order and probably thinks I’m one of those humans that are called “hipsters” who drink plasma juice because it is apparently “organic” and full of healthy nutrients. If it weren’t for the discovery of plasma fruit, more humans would have been killed by vampires by now.

The scents of alcohol, body odor, and old wood welcome me into the pub. Most of the humans seem to be watching a television program called “A Certain Metal Chef,” which Preston seems to be a fan of. It is one of those cooking competitions that seem to be really popular these days, though back when I was human, cooking was considered a woman’s job. I find it amazing that humans have elevated this once mundane task to the level of art... and sensationalism. The dramatic music plays as the text art of “A Certain Metal Chef” displays itself on screen.

“Oh boy, oh boy! ‘A Certain Metal Chef’ is on! And Chef Horikawa is butchering a chicken! Yeah! Cut that bloody chicken’s wings off!” Preston says with excitement.

“Do not let your guard down, you fool!” I whisper into Preston’s ear while making it look like I’m not talking to air.

Cx6QYPi.png

I sit at the bar while Preston watches his show, ignoring what I just told him. I shall reprimand him later.

“Oh, welcome back sir! So what’ll it be tonight?” the barkeep, a young man in his late 20’s asks me in a raspy voice.

8HBuvih.png

“The usual, please.” I don’t talk that much with humans, even if they were friendly. I’ve always hated small talk.

“Always the Plasma Bomber, huh? People are really trippin’ with plasma fruit drinks lately.” The barkeep says as he gets a piece of plasma fruit from the fridge and prepares the drink. “I heard that it’s good for the skin, which probably explains your complexion.”

“Yes, of course.” I reply as I watch the bartender shake up the mixture and pour it into a little glass.

“Here you go. Enjoy!” the bartender says as he resumes his menial task of polishing glasses.

“Thank you.” I thank the barkeeper as I get my fix of plasma and hand him some money. Vampires naturally crave human blood, but plasma fruit juice is a good alternative. It tastes just a bit different from human blood, but it satiates our thirst nevertheless. It’s best for those vampires who absolutely detest drinking blood from humans, just like how vegetarians do not want to eat meat. I drink a bit of the juice, and it satiates my thirst a bit. As I drank, Preston sat beside me and somehow acquired a bowl of chips to eat.

UxMkOrd.png

“How did you get that?” I ask the knight as he slightly opens his visor and pops a chip into his helmet.

“Someone just left it alone on the table.” Preston speaks while making crunching noises. “You want some, Doc?” The foolish ghost tries to offer me a chip.

“I cannot eat that, you fool.” I reminded my minion of how vampires cannot eat what humans normally eat.

“It was a jest, Doc! A jest!” the ghost laughs causing the chair to shake and make noise.

“A jest? A JEST? You should be more of a JESTER than a knight then! Do you not understand that you are supposed to be the lookout instead of watching a TV show?” I raise my voice in irritation without realizing it, and the barkeep gives me a strange look. Before I can even say more things to berate my minion, I get interrupted.

qVnqyKM.png

“Hey, pal.” A gruff voice to my right speaks as I get poked with a finger that interrupts my train of thought. “Keep it down, will ya? I’m trying to watch the show. And keep your imaginary friends at home, haha! Crazies shouldn’t be allowed in public places.” The man mutters the last sentence under his breath.

I slowly look to my right and see a bald man with a strange beard. He looks as if his barber shaved the middle of his chin by accident. Humans can think of the weirdest fashion styles. This man has offended me not because he interrupted me reprimanding my subordinate but because he poked me. He. Plumming. POKED. ME. Barely able to control my anger, I manage to compose myself and give the man a straight look in the eye and politely greet him.

PFITaPm.png

“Good evening, sir.” I put down my Plasma Bomber on the counter. “I believe you’re picking a fight with the wrong person tonight.”
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Ohhhh I am loving this so far! I wonder if the doctor will make the "nice" man who poked him his blood bag. That look on his face in the last picture is priceless!
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I love the humor in this! I totally want Preston as side-kick :3
    @OJenn Thanks for reading :) Glad you love it!

@Sterretjeee Preston is an awesome sidekick who sticks with the Doctor no matter how mean he is to him :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2016
    EEK! That guy is soon going to get it! I love this story so far. And it's so funny, too. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Thanks for reading the latest chapter :) I always try to think of funny situations when I look at the screenshots I took.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Oh it is great to read a vampire story :)
    I really wish those were already in game but with that you really have to think of how to put them in the right light in your story. So good work.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Bahaha! Affordable plumbing services! :D Those pesky Vampire hunters! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Just caught up on your story. What a great start, pronterus. Very funny to see Dr. Domingo interact with Preston and human sims :)
    Thanks for reading @Marialein @Munterbacon :)

Hey @Twiggy :) Thanks for dropping by to read my story :) Taking a break from building houses haha!
    Wordpress site is now in the works! I'll be putting a short prologue on the site which should make things more interesting :)
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Thanks for reading @Marialein @Munterbacon :)

Hey @Twiggy :) Thanks for dropping by to read my story :) Taking a break from building houses haha!

Yeah, I can totally relate! :) I recently found out that it can be a good thing to balance building and writing.
    Good to hear you are starting a wordpress site too!

Hugs