Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faces missing on certain Sims?

So, I do NOT use any CC in this game. I don't have any mods. But, this seems to have happened to two Sims in my game:

http://imgur.com/a/qCPt8

Has anyone else come across this issue before? Also, should I be worried? The game plays fine otherwise... thankfully, these Sims weren't any of the ones I'm using for my main gameplay, so I'm not too upset about this. But, I would still like to know what went wrong? Does anyone know? None of the other Sims in my game appear like this. These are the only two.

I have every pack installed except for the 'Spooky Day' stuff pack (if that helps).
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello.
    If you try to edit their face in CAS or change their hairstyles , does the invisible face remain?

Do they have an invisible face in live mode as well?

Try having those sims travel to another lot in the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Slendersims confirmed. :o

Anyway, try as @rosemow suggested above. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    elram76elram76 Posts: 61 Member
    I am having the exact same issue. No mods or CC. Can anyone confirm if resetting the sims folder is the same if you are on a Mac?

Thanks!
  • Options
    elram76 wrote: »
    I am having the exact same issue. No mods or CC. Can anyone confirm if resetting the sims folder is the same if you are on a Mac?

Thanks!

Hello @elram76.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. If you still have issues after doing that, it would be good to post about your issue in the Mac section of the forums. The link to that section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you! This worked! You are awesome ☺️
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Thanks!

You can eliminate this by editing the sim in CAS and creating a new outfit for that category, then deleting the affected outfit. Resetting isn't necessary but it won't hurt either.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    That is absolutely terrifying. :s:worried::cold_sweat:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    CCLeighCCLeigh Posts: 33 Member
    I had this happen and to be honest all I did was change my sims outfit to like everyday 3 or something(just a random outfit that he wasnt currently wearing) and it fixed itself. However to be sure I went into cas and deleted the outfit lol xD
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    CCLeigh wrote: »
    I had this happen and to be honest all I did was change my sims outfit to like everyday 3 or something(just a random outfit that he wasnt currently wearing) and it fixed itself. However to be sure I went into cas and deleted the outfit lol xD

I am glad that the issue was fixed in your game by changing/editing your sims outfit :)
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    That used to happen with the body or feet but mine was just meshes not being recognised coz of sone cc
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Ugh, after more game play, his face is still missing but only when in an "everyday" outfit. All of his other outfits are good. I have tried everything listed here. Other ideas?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Ugh, after more game play, his face is still missing but only when in an "everyday" outfit. All of his other outfits are good. I have tried everything listed here. Other ideas?

Thanks!

Download 'outfit tools' and copy an outfit from another category to Everyday then delete the old one.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Thanks!

Hello
    Try going into CAS and delete any extra everyday outfits. Then change the first outfit .
    Have your sim travel to another lot and back home again.
    Then come out of the game, go back in again and and see if that helps.
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-14526466"]Hello.
    If you try to edit their face in CAS or change their hairstyles , does the invisible face remain?

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    [/quote]

This did not work at all. It deleted all of my cc, all of my screenshots, all of my saves and I'm absolutely 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I had so much cc and had gotten very far with some of my Sims and now it's all gone. Thanks!
  • Options
    [quote="Emm;c-15961740"][quote="rosemow;c-14526466"]Hello.

[/quote]

This did not work at all. It deleted all of my cc, all of my screenshots, all of my saves and I'm absolutely plum. I had so much cc and had gotten very far with some of my Sims and now it's all gone. Thanks! [/quote]
  • Options
    This has deleted all of my cc, all of my game play, it basically reset my whole 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game and everything is gone. Thanks! I don't even want to play the Sims anymore after this.
  • Options
    Emm wrote: »
    Emm wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.

This did not work at all. It deleted all of my cc, all of my screenshots, all of my saves and I'm absolutely plum. I had so much cc and had gotten very far with some of my Sims and now it's all gone. Thanks!

Hello
    Have you copied back the the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from your desktop and placed them into the new sims 4 folder? All your cc, saves and screenshots should still be in the sims 4 folder that you placed on your desktop. They can then be put back into the new Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 folder. Remove the new folders of the same name first, then add the old folders from the sims 4 folder on the desktop
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Never seen anything like it.
    Sorry for your issue.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Poppy002Poppy002 Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay sorry I'm late to the party but I have the same issue, just my sims have teeth. I've tried everything you suggested but it still doesn't work. I'm really worried because many of my sims have this problem. I think it's because of some broken CC but I'm dumb enough to not be able to find what CC might be broken :( Any help?
  • Options
    Poppy002 wrote: »
    Okay sorry I'm late to the party but I have the same issue, just my sims have teeth. I've tried everything you suggested but it still doesn't work. I'm really worried because many of my sims have this problem. I think it's because of some broken CC but I'm dumb enough to not be able to find what CC might be broken :( Any help?

Hello @Poppy002
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    frail-frail- Posts: 11 New Member
    I don't have enough points to post links, but I have started having this issue after the recent patch. I've tried everything suggested above and on another thread with someone having the same issue and none of it worked. What do I do now?
  • Options
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    frail-frail- Posts: 11 New Member
    I've already done that. I added everything back except the saves and the mods, and everything, so far, seems fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    frail- wrote: »
    I've already done that. I added everything back except the saves and the mods, and everything, so far, seems fine.

The mods/cc could be the cause of your issues. Try testing to see which mod is the cause. Put back your saves folder. Then put one mod/cc or batch of cc into the empty mods folder , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    The eyelash removal mod can cause this issue.