Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating the EARLY EA worlds: Inspiration lottery -- winners announced!

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @kellycot1 , I love your builds, especially the hotel and the poolside club! (I've been thinking of converting that pool into a poolside club too, and thinking how difficult it would be because there is not much space, but you used the available space perfectly!)

My builds are not as good as yours, but since you said you want to see lots of pictures, I'll add some of my Sunset Valley:

I added a lot on the beach, half-over the water, to make a seaside Chinese restaurant. It has a WA food register and the lot type is hangout.
    ampc3d.jpg

seaqfr.jpg

mwcytt.jpg

I turned all of Pinochle Point into a Little France. I built a nectary at the lot at the end of the street, and placed a copy of the Catania Cafe from Champs Les Sims and five houses on the other 6 lots. Two of the houses are also copies of houses from Champs Les Sims.

1zela3r.jpg

1622lbl.jpg

140dq9j.jpg

I built a resort on the lot by the Stoney Falls, with an eco-modern tower and large windows with a view of the waterfall.

2hs6jbm.jpg

2i2c3kg.jpg

34g0cqa.jpg

The Sunset Valley museum now has an archaeological collection in my game, in the previously empty room on the second floor. I did this through gameplay (my adventuring Sim bought the museum and exhibited his relics there), but it could also have been done with Edit Town and buydebug.

2z8oubk.jpg

2h6hj4p.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 Erin, lovely to see you. :) What a great idea for a lottery/giveaway. I don't have any good makeovers for any of those worlds, but, I do have enough points saved to sponsor a venue if you would like or need an additional prize.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I am so very glad that you liked the lots and found some inspiration in them. I think I did the Hidden No More Garden for a Teddy Bear's Picnic surprise party we were throwing where ADWilson used lots of Garden Tea Party images for the thread. The garden tea party spoke to me much more than the teddy bears who were relegated to a small picnic patch. As I always used that lot for weddings in Hidden Springs, I liked the idea of the reception being held there in the garden setting. Yes, the martial arts is fully useable that way. I do it all the time as the stump just seems a bit weird to me; like the top of the spiral stairs always seems weird to just have that stem in the middle sticking up, so I add a standing light MOOed in to the middle and that works too. Tree disappears from view when you get close, but it good for normal distance viewing (and maybe if I played with objects setting, the tree would stay visible all the time; but my computer would surely lag.)

Enjoy the lots however you like. Demolish what doesn't work for you. Keep what does. Be inspired with something you didn't think of in quite that way before. If you just want to just keep the roller coaster and place things however it works for you, I'm happy with that. If it just inspires you to try a smaller lot for the roller coaster, then that makes me happy too.

Thank you for such wonderful feedback and for finding my reinstall thread helpful.

A new motorcycle for the boyfriend sounds great. I hope he enjoys it immensely.
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    you mentioned barnacle bay as one of the worlds you are updating so here is my contribution: a pirate themed resort area

Screenshot-3_1.jpg

here is the check in counter:
    Screenshot-2.jpg

The wedding area:
    Screenshot-4_1.jpg

The Honeymoon Suite:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

the upper deck:
    Screenshot-5.jpg

the bungalows:
    Screenshot-10.jpg

the dining hall:
    Screenshot-8.jpg

the rec room:
    Screenshot-7.jpg

i know its not very good but i hope it give some inspiration :)
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @missy2311 – thanks so much, Catherine! It's wonderful hearing from you and, I must admit, I'm a sucker for good feedback. Have you been playing your actual game much, or hanging out more on the forums (or do OE stuff)? I'd love to see some pictures from you if you've made any changes to the towns. :smile:

The past few months I have been super busy with family issues so haven't had a lot of time to myself until recently. I have had a little bit of spare time this month and I am currently working on a church/wedding venue in RiverView but it could probably go in most worlds, it is taking forever because I am so picky about everything. I can't wait to see more pics of your world, it is looking amazing.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Devalaous – I completely understand your situation RE computer, so I really appreciate that you've taken the time to do an entry without pictures! I was worried this type of competition would exclude people who don't have time/resources to get in-game at the moment to take pictures, so I love that you're setting a good example of a text-based inspiration entry. I never thought to update the Barnacle Bay pirate tomb with the WA traps—I've never built a tomb, but that might be a good place to experiment! I'll add your name to the entries list, although you'll have to promise to buy a computer in the near future if you win so you can enjoy the extra content! :tongue:

Your changes to Twinbrook sound really impressive—I do remember the Rebel Hangout/Criminal rabbit hole situation from what feels like forever ago. I think that abandoned train station would be the perfect place for a Rebel Hangout or some type of 'underground' Dance Club. I really like your suggestions about using the extra floor space of those multi-storey buildings. I'm glad you mentioned the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon rabbit hole—I'm trying to decide whether to put it at the Hollowlog Springs (up near the Military Base, past the Graveyard) or the Guppy Gills Pond (down in the green hilly area by the swamp). Will have to think about it more, but I love that someone else likes to add the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon to those out-of-the-way fishing spots.

@TadOlson – thanks for your post! I've seen your CAW projects around and find your small, historical town approach very interesting. That said, my first post said that I won't qualify makeovers that have gutted the towns, as my specific aim is to keep the EA worlds feeling like the EA worlds. I don't want to be terribly strict on this, but would like to see 'updates' instead that include the new EP, SP and Store content. I think the beaches and the Pinochle Pond area are fairly easy places to 'update' Sunset Valley without making it seem too different—have you added any of the EP lots to these areas? If you include some pictures of any EP lots there (or describe what you've included), I'll add your name to the list.

@PalmArrow – thank you so much for your kind words, especially about my Poolside Club! :smile: I love your Chinese restaurant! I can imagine how much Sims would love to hang out by the water there. I am still tweaking the Business as Usual Bistro to do a similar type of thing, but your post has made me remember just how much Chinese/Asian fusion content we have in-game now. I especially love your use of the arches and windows, along with table decorations. Your Little France is fantastic! I've mostly seen people (including myself) convert that area to a downtown strip, but the French lots fit in really well there. I love that it's a classy suburban area of fairly small houses; that's not something SV does well. Your resort by Stoney Falls is breathtaking! I'd exercise all day if that was the view I had. I also really like your idea of including an archaeological exhibition to the Art Gallery—I was trying to decide what to do with that empty room, and that's a great use of the EP items. Thanks so much for your entry—I'll add you to the list.

@bekkasan – Lovely to see you too, Sandy! I'm happy with the 5000sp prize pool, but I believe more prizes are always better! :tongue: You're more than welcome to sponsor a venue, and you can distribute that however you want. There are a few options: 1) make the random lottery have four prize winners, with a standard world for first place, venues for second AND third, and then 650sp for fourth; 2) increase the prize of first place for the random lottery, so that it's a gold world for first, venue for second and 650sp for third; 3) distribute your SimPoints to several smaller prizes; or 4) run a special 'highly commended' type of category that can be for whatever you want.

I like the fourth option, just because you could pick a specific thing that YOU like—e.g. could be a venue for most creative entry, most inventive use of space, your favourite addition to a world you like (like 'Best Showtime Stage in Bridgeport', if you wanted). Something that makes this competition less about my own makeover projects and more about inspiring everyone! But, I'd like to have your (and even our entrants') input on what way you think might be best to add an extra prize. Thanks so much for the offer! :smiley:

@ciane – thanks for the amazing support you've shown with my makeover projects; this is exactly why I decided to share my progress, because the Simming community can be so wonderful and full of brilliant ideas! I'll definitely being using that martial arts dummy/tree idea in ALL of my towns. I always fight to get spiral stairs looking right as well, so I'll have to see which standing lights look good there—such a simple but effective idea. In fact, I have some extra Simming time today because the boyfriend is out again today to play with the new motorcycle (he really is enjoying it!), so I might test the lights out now. Thanks again.

@renyerookami – not very good?! That's crazy talk! I love it! I've been struggling with resort ideas for the towns and have been especially worried that any resort I make for Barnacle Bay will look like a copy of my Sunset Valley one. This is exactly the kind of thing I can imagine in Barnacle Bay. The way you built that ship is fantastic; I think you really got the wooden siding, column/crow's nest and staircase right. I might even be able to, using some foundation, build the ship IN the water! Not sure how well that'll work out for me, but it could be very cool if I can pull it off. It's hard to pick a favourite part, but I really like the honeymoon suite—the furnishings, particularly that chest at the end of the bed and the bird tree, are perfect for the setting. I'll add your name to the list of entries.

@missy2311 – sorry to hear that you haven't had much time to yourself, but it's good that you're finally getting the chance to play Sims this month. I love the sound of a church/wedding venue for Riverview—it would be perfect for that small country town vibe and, as you say, probably versatile enough to put in most worlds. I know what you mean about it taking forever though, even building one lot; this iteration of Sunset Valley is my fourth or fifth full attempt, because I'm always building new lots and scrapping them (or tweaking them forever). But this time, I'm going to finish it! I hope you get something posted here—if you're comfortable with it, work-in-progress pictures are more than fine. Most of my lots are still WIPs anyway. :tongue:

Woo! Got through those posts—now time to load my game up and lose the rest of the day. :wink:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've got my festival lot there and it could be used as a replacement for Sunset Valley's festival lot in another location or in any other EA world.I've got another game playing with Kristy Steele living in a UL apartment lot though I would have to reupload the pictures to an album because I gave him a makeover and moved him from his original house because he had no money left over and needed to sell it to reclaim some cash.
    I've found a few of my old Sunset Valley lot builds though the pictures are of them being used in Gibsons.There's my festival lot in use and Garden House being used as a community lot.
    I first built this in Sunset Valley on an empty lot and used it in other towns.It's bein used as the festival lot in Gibsons and in Winfield.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky arriving at the festival.
    23451765422_c519c0fef9_z.jpg
    Taking part in a hotdog eating contest on the pool deck.
    23534206806_bfabf21deb_z.jpg
    Here's the festival getting ready for fall in Gibsons.
    23534154276_42174d548e_z.jpg
    Here's Garden House which I started building in Sunset Valley and use in most of my other games as a community garden.
    23507478696_724b01617b_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    I choose a light with the smallest base - a round one - that doesn't stick out much so it blends in well at the base.

I also use testingcheatsenabled true and disablesnappingtoslotsonalt true with MOO to slide washers, dryers, fridges, stoves, and cabinets over out of the wall. It always bothers me when things appear lopsided because part of the object is embedded in the wall. That's how picky I can be!

I'm glad your boyfriend is enjoying his new mode of transport and that you are enjoying playing in sims. Have a happy day.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    @kellycot1 I wasn't technically joining in the competition, just sharing what I'd done, but if text only is legitimate, why not? :p And yeah, I put the wagon up at Guppy Gills Pond. The further away from civilisation, the better. Riverview's wagon is also way out of the way in a fishing spot.

I found a couple of pictures related to what I talked about

4Ly5tpY.jpg
    This was the unfinished thing I built on the island of Barnacle Bay, it was the remains of an Inkbeard outpost converted into a large nectar making facility after bringing tech back from the future. I moved the Inkbeards into that house on the island once they got their fortune back, and converted their original house into a Nectary. The Inkbeard business seems to be culinary, going by the Bistro name, and two family members occupations/bios, so why not? When I finished this building, it was a large glasshouse built on top of a broken fort, with cannons and a watchtower, and even a small dungeon + wine cellar where Bart would sleep between nectarmaking sessions in the weekends. You can also catch a glimpse of an actual pirate ship houseboat, down at the port I built :D

kmhLxKC.jpg
    bLquUUg.jpg
    Heres the underground den of villainy I mentioned, under the Racket house, with the pool as a reference.

Sorry I dont have anything else on hand, but well, the computer cant run the game anymore :(
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    @TadOlson – thanks for adding those extra pictures. I like the look of the festival lot building—it reminds me of an aquarium, actually! The glass is very modern, which does make sense in Sunset Valley. I always forget to use those spotlights, but I love them. Your Garden House is interesting, too; when you use it as a community lot, do you keep the pool, beds and kitchen, or get rid of those? I'll add your entry to the list.

@ciane – haha, I completely understand being picky like that! I find the bigger appliances can be too fiddly sometimes to move, although I do usually try (and give up), but I always alt-move community lot benches, trash cans, etc. that are bordered by the hedges—they're so much thicker than walls and can really eat into the space available in a square. Thanks for all of your design advice! :smile: It's so good to talk specific tips and tricks with someone.

@Devalaous – well, if you'd like me to remove your entry... just kidding! Thanks for adding some extra photos. Text entries are definitely good, but a picture can be worth 1000 words, right? I agree with you on keeping the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon away from civilisation, so I'll see how I go with Guppy Gills Pond. I can't remember what I was planning for the Riverview 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon, so I'll look for another out-of-the-way fishing spot and stick it there. :tongue: I can't even remember Barnacle Bay having an island, so I'll have to look at that closer next time I play! Your build looks very nice there, looking out from the top of the hill over the water and town across the way. The underground den of villainy is quite creepy! The red lighting definitely sets the tone, which is something I need to remember more often—I usually stick to white or candle light, or maybe dim the brightness of it, but that's usually because of really bright surfaces. Otherwise, I only ever seem to change light colours for funky stage lights in Showtime/LN venues.

Regarding my time Simming yesterday, this is what I ended up getting done in Sunset Valley:
    Par%20Excellence%201_zpsd9csfkqr.jpg
    I attempted to change the school to the Par Excellence one that came with Town Life Stuff, but I'm not convinced it looks better at all. I really would like to use all of the different rabbit holes across my world projects (at least once, in the world where they suit the most) and I think SV is the only place this Par Excellence rabbit hole really works. But, it looks a little off. I'd appreciate your brutally honest (but polite!) opinions on why this does or doesn't work.

Par%20Excellence%203_zpsyumirshw.jpg
    As you can see better in this picture, I had to flatten the lot so that the school could fit comfortably in the space. Otherwise, those stairs were all kinds of awkward.

Par%20Excellence%205_zpsvzaxvjbg.jpg
    I added a few EP items to the playground and recoloured them to sort of match the school. I realise that a treehouse is probably a legal concern for most schools, but I'm pretty jealous of the SV Sim children who get to play with it.

Par%20Excellence%204_zps8wvx5xhc.jpg
    I moved the bike racks to make way for the hopscotch, which I think works well. They seemed to take up so much unnecessary space in the original school design.

Par%20Excellence%206_zpsgw3kkwri.jpg
    Of course, students/teachers also need access to the back of the building, so I built a path. A very nice path. :wink:

Par%20Excellence%20School%20-%20Map%20View_zpspvaqi3qe.png
    Here it is from map view.

To be honest, the Par Excellence version is growing on me more today, but I'm still not sure. As I've said in this lottery, I'm very passionate about keeping the town of its original style. I kind of just want to leave the Community School and add a soccer goal, but this one does 'feel' more suitable to the Sunset Valley style and general colour scheme—and it means I get to use more content from the SPs! Maybe I've just made a few design mistakes with the Town Life school that can easily be rectified. If so, I'd love to know what I messed up. :tongue:

Thanks guys! I'm so excited with how many people are participating!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    I've show the lot as it's used with the beds for tired sims to sleep there if they can't get home.Some worlds are so big that sims have had to sleep over at community lots.I used it to make a shopping center with the rabbit hole rugs though I widened that stairs,replaced the doors and placed the rabbit hole rugs in the basement after clearing it out.I've even got a city hall build I could use in Sunset Valley in the place of their original one I built in Deery Meadows.
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    I like the school, I especially like that play area. I think it goes well with the world. The rounded edges of the building matches the hospital (i assume its a hospital?) that is behind it. The more modern roof matches the building that is in the upper left corner of the first pic. Also the light blue on the second floor goes with the blue arch to the pool across the road. Combined I think all those elements work together to make it look like the school is continuing the with the feel of the town. Sorry its not a very technical answer, its late and I can't think of the correct words but I hope it helps.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 Erin, I can't be critical of that school as it is one of my two favorites in the series. I love what you did with the outside of it. I love making play areas for the kids. I made my own stadium to go with it for a world I built using a BYOW called Cheverly by @flstrider. I posted a pic of it, but, have since revised the stadium a bit and don't have a new pic. I also used that school in my revised RH world. It has that art deco feel to it. I think it works well in many worlds.
    Most towns/cities can be very eclectic based on growth over the centuries. The little town I live in certainly has many facets from Spanish (originally owned by 8 different countries including Spain) to art deco, tudor, victorian, ranch (blech, my least favorite style, but all we can afford :) ) modern, and many others that I can't define but probably have 'artsy' names for.

edited February 2016
    I love that school!

BlytheLyre had a contest once where she wanted certain lots done over for specific locations for her game. As she owned the store, she wanted to see lots of store content included in the lots.

She's also a story teller and therefore wanted something shecould use for her stories.

I think she wanted the school and stadium together on one lot. At the time, I thought that was a great idea as most schools have a gym. (This was before we realized that combined rabbit holes will mess with opportunities... sigh.)

Any way, I did this: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6567955
    I combined the Town Life school with a lunar lakes rabbit hole for the stadium.
    roof_up_original.jpg

In addition to the Lunar Lakes rabbit hole, I added the Sky Diving Center and the rock climbers.
    l0wd_original.jpg

Inside the scoreboard shows over the entrance to the home team's locker room (or in reality the rabbit hole).
    l0wu_original.jpg

The sky dive center wall appeared to look like a sports commentary section looking out over the basketball court, which was originally built before we got the basketball hoops. I added that section with the curtain to be the away team's locker room.
    l1wd_original.jpg

A classroom was added to the end of the school building for storytelling purposes.
    l2wu_original.jpg

The wall of the school building with its windows are seen inside the classroom. The look didn't bother me.
    l3wd_original.jpg

It takes up a 64x64 lot, which is where most legacies started out (between the Alto's and Landgraab's lots) and where the equestrian center is auto placed now. But it did have a lot of stuff packed into the lot.

I love doing lots like this where the rabbit hole is functional for story telling as well. Maybe it'll give you some more ideas.

@TadOlso – thanks for explaining how you tweaked the lot to make it a shopping centre. Very interesting! Those rabbit hole rugs are so useful.

@missy2311 – it absolutely is a technical answer! I really appreciate you going into detail about what you like with the school being placed there, as well as the play area. I really do like the school, but just worried my landscaping was off—I might think about playing around with the fences, floor tiles and the dirt in the hedge/planter box things (there's my ability for words out the window, too!), but I do finally feel that the school is 100% the right choice. Even the landscaping is fine as-is, but I can probably improve it over time.

@bekkasan – the school rabbit hole really is fantastic! I agree that it'd work in RH, but I want to keep the RH rabbit hole for there. Thanks for the compliments about the outside decorating and play area—I feel much more confident knowing that my dear friends like it. :smile: You're very right about towns often being eclectic, which I find so frustrating! I can barely build to a single style anyway, and then towns like Sunset Valley have to mix it up with a combination of the modern beach vibe, red brick around downtown, the bizarre orange/blue style that I have no words for of the apartments and the more cabin-y style up near the expensive houses by the cliff. I really wish there was a cheat guide for all of these different styles! I think I remember you posting pictures of the school/stadium, but that seems like forever ago now. I love how involved you've been getting with the CAW forum. It's probably my favourite S3 forum to stalk. :tongue:

@ciane – thanks for your compliments! I really like the way you brought so many of those rabbit holes together in such an effective way. The school and sky diving centre look surprisingly good together; I suppose it's all that glass and rounded edges! I especially like the way the sky diving centre made a 'feature wall' in the stadium, complete with commentator box—that really is an innovative use of the items. I agree that the school and stadium is a good choice of combo lot, even though I found it terribly frustrating that the actual combo rabbit holes didn't work. That said, have you heard that Overwatch is now supposed to fix that? I haven't tested it myself, because I haven't played with a Sim family in a while, but I'm pretty excited about it!
    a.k.a. Erin
    No, I hadn't heard that Overwatch would fix the opportunity lgitching problems with combo rabbit holes. I may have to play with them and see what happens or at least do some more surfing the web on the issue. The rabbit hole aspect itself works fine where the kids go to school there and anyone in the sports profession would go to work there without about a problem. The main problem I've read is that when school and stadium are combined, the team losses all their games. I haven't played the combo buildings that much to experience this first hand; and I don't know if it's only the combos that EA created or if it would happen any time. Now I want to plop my school and stadium into SV and play the sports profession to see what happens with Overwatch installed.
    @ciane – reading through the documentation, it appears that it fixes the school/stadium for the Professional Sports career (with the team losses) and the after-school activities/graduation ceremonies. It also generally refers to fixing opportunities at the combo rabbit holes, like the ones for Imaginary Friends and "Oh My Ghost!", but it doesn't list all of them—I just assume it addresses them all. There was also, apparently, an issue with Sims not autonomously interacting with combo rabbit holes that this fixes, but I never noticed that problem. Make sure you get the testing version though (V122a), as the current one on the Overwatch page is still listed as V121 (which doesn't have the new rabbit hole fix).

As far as I know, it's related to the functionality being left out/overridden when they built the combos. Just some missing code that was never fixed and, instead, copied when they created more of the combos. I've never heard of it being a problem when you simply place a stadium on the same lot as a school; in fact, I think that's usually how Simmers fix it (like placing a stadium in the basement under a normal school).

I have downloaded it, but it'll be a while before my Sims get to test it out. I'd love to know that it definitely does work, so that I can go ahead and include the combo buildings in my towns. I don't really need them for Sunset Valley, but they'll be very, very important for Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, etc. It'll also be good to confirm that I don't need to delete the ones in other towns—until I saw this thread, I was very panicked about updating Appaloosa Plains, Moonlight Falls and Isla Paradiso because of those combos! I hope you get to use more combo rabbit holes now. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2016
    Tried to take pictures at night, but I noticed I had not added sufficient lighting... So here's another version...

original.jpg

Edit: Actually, I already changed those lights again...

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8841780
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @kellycot1 -I've had opportunities come up in combo rabbit holes and they completed just fine for me though it might be that my base game was one of the 2011 releases and that was after the combo rabbit holes were introduced.It might also be linked to the rabbit holes I used being the rugs instead of the shells because I've mostly stopped using the shells because most of them are too big and it limits how many can go on a lot at one time.
    Ah, I see, adding forgotten code makes sense. Don't you just wonder why things like that didn't get patched? I hadn't stopped in at NRaas and looked at new versions in awhile as I haven't updated my patch level to 1.69 (and I don't plan to do that). I can see that I do need to browse what's new more often. Thanks for telling me. I will play around some more combo rabbit holes then.
    @Lexers615 – thanks for updating your entry! I really appreciate the in-game picture and I love the new lighting. I'll change the link in the entry post to this lot for you. Thanks again for taking part in my lottery!

@TadOlson – some of the opportunities do seem to work, as I believe EA patched a few back when the combo rabbit holes first came out with Late Night; at first, as far as I remember (2010 was a long time ago!), not a single combo rabbit hole would work for the pre-Late Night opportunities. They mostly fixed that, but the EPs released since then haven't been taken into consideration. As ciane said, the school/stadium is most notoriously a problem for the Professional Sports career, but there was no combined school/stadium with Late Night (that came later).

When I refer to 'combo rabbit holes' though, I mean the specific EA ones that combine rabbit hole functions. Placing more than one rabbit hole on a lot—like with Mirabello Plaza in Sunset Valley, or like most people do with the rabbit hole rugs—doesn't cause any problems, as far as I'm aware. I did use the rabbit hole rugs for a while because of this problem, but unless I'm in a special custom world, I prefer the style of the proper building rabbit holes. I find them so pretty and they really set the 'feeling' of a town! :smile:

@ciane – yeah, my not-too-technical understanding of the combo rabbit hole problem is that some code was missing (either with the rabbit holes themselves, or the opportunities that didn't recognise the rabbit holes). Of all of the bugs in this game that were never fixed, this is the one I find the least forgivable; there was just no reason for it to not be fixed. I try to brush off things like Isla Paradiso (which drives me crazy) as something that happens near the end of a game's life cycle, but the first school/stadium came with Pets—they had years to patch it! Why even make a combo school/stadium if your Sims can't go there to work in the Professional Sports career and reach the top of their career? But, thankfully we have the team at NRaas. I haven't been stopping by there much either, but I'm glad that post on the forums caught my eye. It looks like now that Sims 3 is 'over', they're working on adding features and improving functionality with their mods.
    a.k.a. Erin
    I haven't been playing my game much this week, but I'm hoping to have pictures up of my progress with the Sunset Valley salon soon. Either way, don't forget to get your entries in—less than two weeks to go! Good luck! :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Hi, @kellycot1
    Great builds!!
    I've bookmarked your thread to come back to after classes today. I've taken the initiative to skim through the pages to view all the cool updates and/or remodeling that you've done. :)
    I've remodeled lots of lots and I'd love to share them with you.
    I'll be back on your page soon.

Happy Simming!
    -Kels

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

@23kels89 – thanks for offering to share your remodeled lots here! I'm very much looking forward to seeing them. Which worlds have you done? :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Hi @kellycot1 Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been sidetracked by my own project but I still plan on contributing! Everything everyone and you have been doing looks great! <3