Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating the EARLY EA worlds: Inspiration lottery -- winners announced!

kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
The winners have been drawn! Please see the second post for details of the prizes.

Hi everyone! Some of you may know me—I’ve been hanging out over in the Daily Deal thread for years. :D

I love collecting every last bit of Sims 3 content and I have always wanted to update each and every one of the EA worlds to allow for all of the key features (mostly things from the EPs and Premium Content from the Store). Once again, I’m working on Sunset Valley and actually think I’ll stick with it this time!

This is where the lottery comes in. I have lots of leftover SimPoints and I’d like some inspiration to get my Sunset Valley project finished and the earlier EA world projects started. I need to see pictures of how you’ve updated the worlds or even just links to EP/Store content lots (like a laundromat, bakery, vampire lounge, etc) that would fit in well with Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs. Please don’t link to pictures/lots for other worlds—I’ll run a separate lottery for them one day!

The Rules
1. There is no specific entry form, as I’ll be taking down everyone’s forum usernames and, once the draw happens, you’ll be able to direct me to your wishlist or the wishlist of other Simmers. That means no nominations—you can win and just give your prize away instead.
2. To qualify as an entry, you need to simply post sufficient inspiration related to any of the worlds I listed. That means pictures of the world, pictures of new EP/Store lots or pictures of changes you’ve made to existing Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs lots. You can also post links to other people’s threads, lots, etc. but be sure to credit them.
3. Pictures or links to lots/threads can only be posted once. If more than one Simmer posts a link, only the first Simmer is entered into the lottery. The only exception is if a Simmer posts a link to something, and then the original creator comes along to enter as well—if that happens, both are entered.
4. You can include as many pictures, links, etc. as you want, but you will only be entered once.
5. I don’t use Custom Content, but since this is for inspiration, it’s certainly allowed in pictures or lots.
6. Keep your posts civil and appropriate; be nice to each other and don’t include pictures to things that might raise the rating of the game.
7. PLEASE do not quote pictures—that drives me crazy!

I’m a true believer that the worlds should retain their original flavour, so I’d prefer to see updates to existing lots or squeezing an EP lot into an empty space, rather than completely replacing everything that was in the towns. I will not qualify makeovers that unrecognisably change Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Barnacle Bay or Hidden Springs, but there is some leniency there.

I also don’t just want to see makeovers of the Sims themselves—you can certainly include some, but to be entered into the lottery I need to see some building-related inspiration!

I very much intend to award additional prizes to Simmers whose remakes I find especially useful. The lottery itself will be drawn randomly (with an online generator), but I’ll be giving out extra prizes as well.

Prizes for Lottery
1st place: One standard world (that can be bought with SimPoints) or roughly 2450 SimPoints equivalent
2nd place: One venue or roughly 1900 SimPoints equivalent
3rd place: 650 SimPoints

Additional prizes can be valued at whatever I want, to be announced at the end. Entries that I find particularly useful may attract a standard world prize as well. Please also note that, in the event a lottery winner also is awarded an additional prize, the value is stackable—potentially up to a gold world.

Deadline for entries is February 21, 2016 — Sunday at 5pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

If all goes well, I’ll be doing this again in the future for the later EP and Store worlds—so have a good time!

Below should be two posts: the first listing entries and the second with pictures to my Sunset Valley changes. There's no need to look through all of my pictures if you're not interested! I just thought it'd be nice to share my progress somewhere. :smiley:
a.k.a. Erin
Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
Post edited by kellycot1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    First, second and third place were awarded to the top three in this randomised list:
    Sims%203%20Lottery%201%20-%20Early%20EA%20Worlds%20Winners_zpsysc4lmfp.png

I'd also like to add some bonus prizes for Simmers who really inspired me: @ciane for her absolutely huge contribution to this thread and @PalmArrow for her really interesting updates to Sunset Valley—I adore your Chinese restaurant and I never would have thought of making a 'Little France' area near Pinochle Pond. I think that's utterly unique and I really appreciate your originality.

And because you have all been so wonderful, I'd like to give the remaining entrants (@Lexers615, @amaresity, @Devalaous, @TadOlson and @adamzaid) 50sp each for joining in and making this lottery such a pleasure to host.

So the total prizes are:
    - @renyerookami – standard world or 2450sp --> collected
    - @StephSteb – venue or 1900sp --> collected (given to another Simmer)
    - @ciane – 650sp + 1800sp bonus prize (for total of standard world or 2450sp) --> given away to other participants
    - @Devalaous50sp now 400sp --> collected
    - @TadOlson50sp now 200sp
    - @Lexers615 – 50sp --> given away to other participants
    - @amaresity50sp now 200sp --> collected
    - @PalmArrow200sp now 1900sp --> collected
    - @adamzaid50sp now 200sp --> collected

Entries:
    1. @Lexers615update to Jolly Roger's Deep Sea Diner in Barnacle Bay
    2. @cianeSimusement for SV and updates to the Gazebo in RV, WA base camps and Hidden Gardens in HS (read through the thread for lots of other examples from ciane)
    3. @amaresity"wrong side of the tracks" and mermaid cove in Sunset Valley
    4. @Devalaousupdates throughout Twinbrook, Sunset Valley, Riverview and Barnacle Bay (text) and pictures of Barnacle Bay changes
    5. @PalmArrowChinese restaurant, Little France area, Stoney Falls resort and update to art gallery for Sunset Valley
    6. @renyerookamipirate ship resort for Barnacle Bay
    7. @TadOlsonnew festival lot and community garden for Sunset Valley
    8. @adamzaidcoffee place for Sunset Valley
    9. @StephSteb'Gypsies and Antiquities' supernatural lot for any world (picture in Sunset Valley)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    To help give you guys an idea of what I’m doing to change Sunset Valley, I’ve included some pictures in this post to walk you through the town!

These are the four areas that I’m adding new lots to and/or changing roads:
    1) The Overlook – to become a downtown/party district with Late Night/Showtime lots
    The%20Overlook_zpsyxzqlqrm.png
    You can already see the mostly finished Film Studio and my in-progress Exclusive Lounge (based on the Unfurled Lounge house from the Lots & Houses Library). At the end of that short added road will be the Big Show Venue.

2) The Cliff – to become a supernatural area
    Rebel%20Beach%20and%20Cliffs_zpsxfrfpekn.png
    Obviously I haven’t changed much on the cliff yet, but it will end up having an Elixir Consignment Store, Supernatural Hangout and Vampire Lounge—especially fitting for next to the Crumplebottom home. You can also see the Rebel Hangout I made, called Rebel Beach, and the Rebel Rock Ridge diving lot.

3) Shopping District – to become a boutique shopping village
    Shopping%20District_zpstwzhdogi.png
    This was my biggest project in CAW, as I carved out that hill near the Wolff House to make room for a road and a few lots. Eventually, there will be a Gallery Shop (30x40), Salon (20x30), Bot Emporium (20x30) and Nerd Shop (25x25). I’ve tried to build these lots up a few times before, but I’m not very good at building from scratch! One day I’ll get there.

You can also see two of the ports I’ve added (Recurve Port and Sunnyside Port), as well as another diving lot. I also updated Recurve Strand to be a little beach resort.

4) The Island – to become a fun day out/destination
    The%20Island_zpsyn86nwjl.png
    Here I’ve added a port lot and another lot which will eventually become a boardwalk/arcade with rollercoaster and plenty of items from the hobbies/skills category. It’s the last thing on my list to do!

But that’s not everything! I’m also tweaking existing lots to suit me better or to include more content.

Starting with the beaches, ports and resorts around town:

Rebel%20Beach_zpspubbgjz8.jpg
    This is Rebel Beach, the Rebel Hangout. It’s fairly bare, but I think pretty cool—there’s just a toilet block with plenty of wall space for graffiti and a bonfire.

Recurve%20Port%201_zpsvbzf5m8y.jpg
    All the way over the other side of Sunset Valley, this is Recurve Port. It has a little picnic area on the dock, as well as a LLAMA and some toilets.

Recurve%20Port%206_zpswcq4jyrj.jpg
    This here is the LLAMA and toilets. I know, it’s not terribly exciting—but I love the Movie Stuff outhouse!

Recurve%20Resort%207_zpsipus0jhl.jpg
    Nearby, this is Recurve Resort. It’s not the most fabulous or luxurious hotel, but it is sweet getaway for honeymooning Sims.

Recurve%20Resort%2011_zpsnldieuww.jpg
    Inside the main building, it’s quite small to house just the basic amenities—check-in desk, a fridge, bathrooms, etc.

Recurve%20Resort%2012_zpspvrurgxt.jpg
    This is upstairs (or, rather, up-ladder) in the main building. It just has a TV, desk, bookcase and a treadmill in the corner.

Recurve%20Resort%208_zpsumunicsn.jpg
    Outside, however, there is the resort tower, the Bohemian Garden egg chair hanging off a palm tree (love this!), a sauna, pool and hot tub.

Recurve%20Resort%2010_zpsmwotesq5.jpg
    Recurve Resort is the perfect place to relax on the beach!

Recurve%20Resort%206_zpseqjjzdbr.jpg
    After a dip in the ocean, pool or hot tub you can rinse off here in the relatively private outdoor shower.

Recurve%20Resort%209_zpsfttygwx2.jpg
    Of course, if you’re not already on your honeymoon, you could get married in an intimate ceremony.

Sunnyside%20Port%201_zpsyco7vg2f.jpg
    This is Sunnyside Port, which is near the Wolff House. Under the cover, it has a barbecue and massage table area for a relaxing time on the beach.

Onto the clubs, lounges and bars:
    Business%20as%20Usual%20Bistro%201_zpsll6cs6zi.jpg
    Closer into the city on an existing 30x30 lot, I’ve added the Business as Usual Bistro to become a Fusion Lounge. I still have to tweak it more to take advantage of the ocean view.

Business%20as%20Usual%20Bistro%202_zpslzzzl4g4.jpg
    But what a view!

Poolside%20Club%205_zpsnt6imptl.jpg
    I’ve been pretty slow on building all of the new clubs, lounges and bars around town, but I love this update to the private pool behind the apartment buildings in the town’s centre. Now it’s a poolside club!

Poolside%20Club%203_zpsvc1cqhsj.jpg
    Downstairs is an underwater-themed dance room, which looks quite ridiculous but at least it makes it distinctive as a ‘poolside club’.

Poolside%20Club%204_zpsetwxlybj.jpg
    Upstairs is the stage, which overlooks the downstairs dance floor, for Late Night performers.

Poolside%20Club%209_zpsofwfwevb.jpg
    Tucked away outside is the LLAMA and several port-a-loos. I don’t know if that would be the best place to relax—can you imagine the smell!?—but this lot was tough to lay out effectively.

Around the town centre:
    Art%20Gallery%202_zpszkdaw3ey.jpg
    In town, I added the Savvy Seller items to the art gallery.

Art%20Gallery%201_zpsedfwcgwz.jpg
    It doesn’t make a big difference, but I think it’s nice—and I really want my Sims to buy a toilet statue.

Art%20Gallery%203_zps0wf4kswm.jpg
    Generally when I update lots like this, I change the bathrooms as well. I tried to keep the same colours at the art gallery, but make it a touch more tasteful.

I replaced the parking strips with actual parked cars on a few rabbit hole lots, and also added the LLAMA to a lot of them. Of course, I skilfully managed to forget to take photos of the City Hall, Doo Peas and the other public pool (which I added the Surf’s Up station to).

Diner%201_zpsarnt6jhc.jpg

Hospital_zpsyizwc4ok.jpg

Police%20Station_zpsephk3xwl.jpg

Spa_zps4xsp5yqj.jpg

Around the edges of town:
    Science%20Lab%201_zpsztdo1epx.jpg
    I made some big changes to the Science Lab—adding parked cars, a subway and a non-rabbit hole building.

Science%20Lab%202_zpsst7fgqj2.jpg
    I thought the Science Lab might be the best place to house some of these university items.

Science%20Lab%203_zpscquc0fcq.jpg
    It also houses some chess tables and weird tech that I thought my Sims might like to have in town.

Science%20Lab%204_zpsdklew6eo.jpg
    Outside, I changed the harvestables to include some of the EP ones, which I think suit a wacky Science Lab better! I also added the Tree of Prosperity.

Stadium%201_zps0rdxuygj.jpg
    I also customised the Stadium to be a more interesting place to hang out. I added some picnic tables and a barbecue, although I just realised now that I forget to add any toilets. I’ll have to go back in-game and add some port-a-loos to the back of the lot.

Stadium%202_zpsnhchw9g3.jpg
    I also added a subway station and, to fill the space, a parking spot for the coach or manager of the home team (go Llamas!).

Stadium%203_zpsfgvtek5s.jpg
    On the other side, I added the Late Night food truck and another parking space, this time for the manager of the visiting team (boooo! No one likes the Gnomes!).

Equestrian%20Centre%204_zps3bsfcxbt.jpg
    Up near the mansions in the Summer Hills area, I added an Equestrian Centre to the empty 60x60 lot there.

Equestrian%20Centre%206_zps9ziqfuqy.jpg
    I called it the Summer Hills Country Club, so I figured I need to add a bar, some coffee and a chocolate fountain to make it a posh place to hang out.

Pinochle%20Pond%201_zpsderx3by9.jpg
    I decided that Pinochle Pond was the best place to hide the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon.

Pinochle%20Pond%202_zpsz1qiysdo.jpg
    This lot now includes an outhouse/port-a-loo as well, because why not?

Stoney%20Falls%20and%20the%20Old%20Mill_zpspt9aqzsf.jpg
    I added the Old Mill and revamped Stoney Falls. The Old Mill will become a Java Hut and bakery, eventually.

Stoney%20Falls%201_zpslswwdwst.jpg
    Stoney Falls now has an Arboretum and a garden of herbs/coffee beans from University Life.

That’s pretty much it, for now! I have done a few more lots that I failed to get pictures of, but you can see what I’m trying to do to update my Sunset Valley. Your inspiration pictures or lots don’t have to be like this at all—it’s really up to you what you want to show, as long as it’s within my rules.

I am particularly interested in any Supernatural, Ambitions or Late Night lots that you guys have made yourself for Sunset Valley. They don’t even need to be on the Exchange; I’d just love to see them to push myself forward with those big builds!
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    Okay, that's everything! We are now open for business. I'll be trying to check in every day, but will probably only update the list of entries every few days. Don't panic though—it'll definitely happen before the deadline.

Feel free to post! I can't wait to see your pictures and lots. :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    What sunset valley really needs is a new water colour...
  • Options
    @rosey1579 -- technically I could change the water colour by tweaking the INI files (or adding some lighting mods), but I actually really like Sunset Valley's water! It's not the most fascinating colour (not like Sunlit Tides, for example), but I think it suits the world well and when the sun dances off the flat blue water, it looks so beautiful. Do you use lighting mods for your Sunset Valley? I'd love to see! :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    Wow an interesting challenge! I'm currently playing in Twinbrook so I'll definitelly try to do something! We have to use CAW or can i just give it a makeover in Edit Town?
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    You wrote you are also reworking Barnacle Bay, right? Here some upgrading I've done on its restaurant...

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8830410
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Also, my performer Sims are climbing the ladders, and I've found out that both the shell stadium and shell big theater from Starlit Shores are handy, while also not being unrealistic... I mean, they've built a huge movie theater in my hometown that is bigger than the biggest shoppingmall that was around back then. Same could be said about those freudian-ever-bigger stadiums that keep growing everywhere. So, that's why next time I'm editing a town, I'll include one of them...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @TheStarlightSimm – Glad to hear we'll be seeing some love for Twinbrook! That has to be one of my favourite towns, without a doubt. I've probably played it almost as much as Sunset Valley! The changes can be made in either CAW or Edit Town; it doesn't really matter. And it doesn't have to be a huge, whole town renovation like what I'm trying to do at the moment—that would be asking a lot! It just needs to be a cool lot you made or updated. For example, you could have built an Elixir Consignment Store that fits perfectly into Twinbrook, just because you had a witch Sim there. Lexers615's entry of the updated Barnacle Bay diner ship is perfect!

@Lexers615 – Love the lot! It looks like it has much more usable space than before, if I'm remembering BB correctly. Do you have any in-game pictures? I'd love to see them, as I won't be able to check the lot out in-game for a few days. I'll add your name to the entry post. I agree about the shell stadium and theatre—they're so handy! I decided not to include either in Sunset Valley, but when I've gone through to update lots in other towns, I've always tried to include them; my favourite is putting the shell stadium where the military base is in Hidden Springs (and making the town hall a combo rabbit hole). :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @TheStarlightSimm – Glad to hear we'll be seeing some love for Twinbrook! That has to be one of my favourite towns, without a doubt. I've probably played it almost as much as Sunset Valley! The changes can be made in either CAW or Edit Town; it doesn't really matter. And it doesn't have to be a huge, whole town renovation like what I'm trying to do at the moment—that would be asking a lot! It just needs to be a cool lot you made or updated. For example, you could have built an Elixir Consignment Store that fits perfectly into Twinbrook, just because you had a witch Sim there. Lexers615's entry of the updated Barnacle Bay diner ship is perfect!

@Lexers615 – Love the lot! It looks like it has much more usable space then before, if I'm remembering BB correctly. I'll add your name to the entry post. I agree about the shell stadium and theatre—they're so handy! I decided not to include either in Sunset Valley, but when I've gone through to update lots in other towns, I've always tried to include them; my favourite is putting the shell stadium where the military base is in Hidden Springs (and making the town hall a combo rabbit hole). :smile:

Thank you for the reply. It's one of my favorite worlds too! I can't wait to start with makeover :blush::blush:
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I hope some of those clubs you have planned for that one strip go up for download. I can never figure out clubs, theres always too many of them.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Recurve%20Resort%2010_zpsmwotesq5.jpg
    I wonder where I can find this drink stand.
    Sorry for I can't give any inspiration for you at this moment.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow, Kelly, I'm impressed and really think you don't need much inspiration as you have plenty.

One thing you might do is add the PC and seasons/generations sports stuff to the stadium. Shooting soccer goals and playing basketball or rock climbing outside seems plausible to me.

Another idea is an amusement park on a smaller lot with lots of PC that isn't tied into the festival grounds, though it could be. There was a contest to make a themed amusement park awhile back, so I tried playing with a roller coaster on a 30x40 lot, which was the smallest lot into which I could fit one. Because of theme requirement I ended up with a very red, white, and blue one. Try to overlook that.

The lot is here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8777754
    At the entrance, you have convenient port-a-potties, though not the cute Movie ones, which I too like.
    roof_up_original.jpg
    You can see the obvious amusement attractions of the carousel, hot air balloon, and even a fun gyro ride.

Just on the inside of the entrance, you have rock climbing, basketball, skeetball, and of course benches upon which to rest.
    l3wu_original.jpg

The roller coaster has a couple water spots and a small climb and drop over the entrance.
    l1wd_original.jpg

It has all the fun food options that don't require a vendor. Help yourselves to popcorn, snowcones, or cotton candy as well as healthy fruit and veggies.
    l1wu_original.jpg

I even threw in the archery challenges as well as all the whack-a-whatevers and some spring riders.
    l2wd_original.jpg

In my Sunset Valley, this was placed right next to the Keatons. You might plan a better spot for yours, if you decide you want one (or just add more stuff to the festival grounds, if you prefer).

Have fun with your lottery. I hope you find lots of inspiration.

Here's another simple EA lot make-over with additions:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8641083
    roof_up_original.jpg
    The Gazebo didn't have anything other than a chess table and grill before, now it's a performance park (in my game).

There's a place for little sims to enjoy themselves.
    l0wu_original.jpg

Additionally, there's more fun for older sims too.
    l1wu_original.jpg

And, the integrity of the original lot is preserved with grill and chess still.
    l2wd_original.jpg

You didn't mention the World Adventure locations, but they could use some make-overs too.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8628744
    Why not add grill, wood oven, and bakery options to the base camp?
    l2wu_original.jpg

I update the bathrooms.
    l0wd_original.jpg

And I give them comfortable beds and a hot tub.
    l0wu_original.jpg

There are comfortable beds for single sims or the kids as well and even a firewalk.
    l1wd_original.jpg

If they tire of adventures, they can even work on the old broken-down car.
    l2wd_original.jpg

I hope I've given some new ideas. Have a happy, happy day.

You can get as crazy as you want adding things to base camps.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8633627
    l0wu_original.jpg
    China is known for pottery making, zen, and martial arts. I added glass blowing as well as the rural chickens and cows.

The french world gets a nectary in the basement.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8637047
    l1wd_original.jpg

It also gets fruit trees and grapes added to the back along with a hot tub; and, along with adding high energy comfortable beds and warm showers, I add private baths.
    l3wd_original.jpg

There are so many ways to upgrade and improve upon what is already there as well as adding new stuff. Have fun!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    As long as you mentioned Hidden Springs (I LOVE that world!), here's some more inspiration for you:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8431255
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Make-over the gorgeous little parks! Don't you think they are the perfect setting for a tea?
    l1wu_original.jpg
    Or a wedding?
    l0wu_original.jpg
    Add a picnic spot.
    l2wu_original.jpg
    Redo the little bridges and add seating.
    l2wd_original.jpg
    Add another tree... one you can climb and in which you can play.
    l1wd_original.jpg
    Just make sure to add something for the littlest sims too.
    l0wd_original.jpg

• Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    Wow this is timely I have been doing a bit of a makeover of Sunset Valley starting with the completely empty world. I've been using the rabbit hole from Monte Vista and lots of tropical plants for a more Caribbean type feel. Still got heaps to do but here some of what I've started. This is a lot more pic heavy than I intended sorry.

This is City Hall, Police and miliatry building and day spa all on the original City Hall lot

293gep0.jpg

Map View - the street leading away from the beach from city hall is my nightclub district

k4jxur.jpg

Up the top of the hill overlooking the town I have my "wrong side of the tracks" part of town with the criminal hideaway, fortune tellers, junkyard, elixir store and the Broke family from River view in their trailer park type lot

20ks37.jpg

Updated beach with playground and BBQ area and wedding arch. The houses by the beach I will try for a more modern feel but I suck at building so some of the houses have been taken from other worlds.

wk485e.jpg

School stadium combo is where the school used to be and Medical centre where the gym used to be. The park is a park I did a while ago where it's a 64x64 lot divided into 4 areas each with a different Season theme and the festival items for that season so my sims can do all year round snowboarding, skating etc

jab62b.jpg

Horse park where stadium used to be

2ci8al4.jpg

The large lots where the Altos and Landgraabs are has been turned into an entertainment are with casino and one of the Theme parks from the showcase thread on here. (Hiroller water park) the beach behind has had ports added and my mermaid sims live on house boats there

2us7b13.jpg
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    This looks so fun! I love to see how everyone tweaks their worlds. I have a few myself and will try to get some in before the deadline! <3

@ciane I absolutely LOVE your tea spot!
  • Options
    Sorry I just reread your post you mine is probably not what you are looking for as I have changed the town too much.
  • Options
    StephSteb wrote: »
    This looks so fun! I love to see how everyone tweaks their worlds. I have a few myself and will try to get some in before the deadline! <3

@ciane I absolutely LOVE your tea spot!

Aw, thank you @StephSteb! I look forward to seeing your tweaks.
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Wow Erin, your town is looking INCREDIBLE!! I love it. Can't wait to see what else you do to it.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Since amaresity felt the need to apologise for lots of pictures, I want to make it clear that the more pictures, the merrier! I really thought my third post would be small, but nope—it's too exciting to only take a few! I love seeing what you guys are doing, so don't worry about posting too many.

@Devalaous – I'll have to see how my club building goes; I always struggle with figuring out designs for each as well. Building from scratch is not my strong suit, since I'm prone to making shoe boxes when left to my own devices. :tongue: At the moment, I'm trying to cut as many corners as possible by converting EA lots, like that Unfurled house in the Library—by lifting it up an extra story and doing some cool things with the ground level, it actually makes for a really interesting design (as far as my designs go, anyway!). Thanks for stopping by!

@skybaker – no worries about not having inspiration for me! There's plenty of time left and, even if you don't have anything for the deadline, I still appreciate people taking part, looking at my lots and asking questions. The drink stand in the background of that picture is from Island Paradise—it's specifically for resort lots. The little lemonade jug on the table, which is one of my favourite items, is from Outdoor Living Stuff.

@ciane – great to hear from you! Your thread on reinstalling Store content made my life so much easier when I was trying to install only Build/Buy items for this save (so that I could use Edit in Game mode). Without you, I'd be months away from even this much progress in Sunset Valley!

Thanks for your suggestions for the stadium; it's definitely a good place to put those sporty items and I hadn't thought of that at all. I'll see how 'natural' it looks with a few items and see about adding the rest to the sports bar I'm building down the street; others might work well at the school or the boardwalk/arcade venue out on the Island.

I actually love your red, white and blue themed amusement park! It's such a good use of space, and the colours—although a bit crazy—feel like something that Sunset Valley might have. SV is such a classic, all-American type of town (to my Australian eyes), so a patriotic theme park might be exactly what it needs. :tongue: I do actually have one spare lot in my Sunset Valley that I hadn't decided a use for yet; the lot is a 40x40 in the suburban part of town (I think the street over from the Keaton family). I was thinking it might make a nice park or performance area, so I might plop down your 30x40 and see how well I can fit it in there with the extra space. I've definitely been worried about fitting the rollercoaster and other theme park items into a single lot, so spreading them out between your lot and the boardwalk would make life much easier.

I adore The Gazebo lot, and I love what you've done with it. I had the same idea to make that a performance park venue, and it looks fantastic! I also love your WA lots. I've spoken with Devalaous before about making changes to the WA lots (especially the base camps), but figured that was a project for down the track. Still, your pictures make me super excited to do it—or I'll just take yours! Hard to improve upon your excellent changes. Those changes to Hidden Springs are beautiful! I especially love the tea setting and the way you've set up the wedding area.

I will add your name to the list of entries. Thanks so much for taking part! :smiley:

@amaresity – I do really like your changes, even if they make Sunset Valley pretty different. The Spanish/Caribbean feel is something I'm going for in a world I'm making myself (very, very slowly), so I find the lots you've used very inspiring. I also love the festival grounds with the four different seasons—such a cool idea! Your changes to the beaches and the "wrong side of the tracks" part of town are both similar to my Sunset Valley, so how about you share a few more pictures of the actual lots there and, even though you've changed the world quite a bit, I'll enter you? I really do appreciate you sharing. :smile:

@StephSteb – I spend so much time on the forums looking through threads about these type of world tweaks! I just love it! I figured a lottery might bring even more Simmers out of the woodwork with their changes. I'd love to see your entry if you're able to get some pictures together—which of the worlds do you think you'll do?

@missy2311 – thanks so much, Catherine! It's wonderful hearing from you and, I must admit, I'm a sucker for good feedback. Have you been playing your actual game much, or hanging out more on the forums (or do OE stuff)? I'd love to see some pictures from you if you've made any changes to the towns. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I had some Simming time today (my boyfriend is out playing with his brand-new motorcycle! Eek!) and decided to check out the lots posted so far in-game. Photobucket is down for maintenance at the moment, so I'll have to leave out the pictures... for now. :wink:

@Lexers615 – I love the way you added a new half water/half land lot to place the diner onto! The ship looks much better being closer to the ocean like that. I was only playing quickly, so couldn't quite get the lot placed right, but I'm sure I'll manage when I have more time to play. I love that you used the Stones Throw Greenhouse barrel chairs—those look so good and it makes for a much more welcoming space, I think. Thanks again for contributing to my thread!

@ciane – well, well, what is there to say?! I love your lots! My favourite has to be the Hidden Garden (or, rather, the Hidden No More Garden). Your attention to detail is incredible. The best part, I think, is the martial arts equipment built into the trees. I didn't test it with Sims, but are those actually usable?! That would make for such a cool outdoor exercise park feature—you could make a fairly open zen garden space with the trees Karate-choppable. :tongue:

I did place the Simusement lot in Sunset Valley, first next to the Keaton house where you had it and then over on the 40x40 that I mentioned. Having that extra space to make the entrance more extravagant looks really good! I couldn't quite get an outdoor stage in there the way I wanted, but I might try again later, or I can add one to the Central Park lot or island boardwalk. On the other hand, maybe I'll use your Simusement for inspiration, place the stage I want and then try to build a low-key rollercoaster like yours around the stage. I also had fun revisiting the WA worlds—probably the first time in two or three years, if I'm honest—and checking out the base camps. You've done such a great job! Thank you for contributing to my thread.

Good luck to you both in the lottery!
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    This is the Frio brother's house but I turned it into a sports bar in the nightclub precinct (The Grind from Bridgeport and The Watering Hole from Pets are behind it)

ob02ua.jpg

Upstairs:

r0zf60.jpg

Downstairs:

6quqyv.jpg

Playground and BBQ area at the Old Pier beach

fz9di.jpg

Wedding Arch and seating

2iiwz8l.jpg

The other beach (Not sure of the name it's been renamed in my game)

I added one of the hanging chairs today. I love that idea!!

28gursx.jpg

I've added ports to the cove with that beach and my mermaid sims all live there in a little hidden community

2uj4a5j.jpg
  • Options
    @amaresity – thanks so much for posting those extra pictures; I love your idea of having the hidden away cove area for mermaids! The wedding area on the beach is very scenic, especially with the stone benches. I think I'll make something similar in one of the worlds, although I can't decide between doing it at Old Pier Beach in Sunset Valley or perhaps on the Meadow Beach lot in Hidden Springs. I also really like the way you use venues from other worlds—I should probably do that more, because I'm not the best from-scratch builder. I'm fine with the act of building, but I struggle with inspiration so much!

I'm glad you like the hanging chair idea—I originally envisaged some type of hammock and thought about creating it with a love seat and the Now & Then Century Manor chandelier chain, but then realised the egg chair was perfect. I'll add your name to the list of entries. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I've done quite a bit of work on Twinbrook, but due to my computer's state of disrepair, cant get much of it posted.

First of all, there is a building just across from the criminal hideout that's an old abandoned train station, that is marked as a hidden tomb. Using cheats, I changed it to a Rebel Hangout, and its now a quite cozy place to work on street art. Before I figured out how to change its lot type, I tried adapting the empty warehouses on the criminal hideout's lot, to little success. Far too many people showed up, which kinda ruined the criminal aspect.

Twinbrook to me has always been under the thumb of the Racket family's criminal empire, so I made a large underground supervillain lair under their house, accessed via the garage with a revolving tomb door. It comes complete with an evil villain throne, laser cannons, jail cells, and a large vault to store stolen loot. Marigold Racket, in my own canon, used to lead her empire from there. Its currently in disuse until a true heir to the throne is born.

I updated the consignment store heavily, it is now a multi-story building with empty floors, so I filled the other floors with missing EP content, all following the same floor plan. There is an elixir consignment store, a bot building store, and even a nectary in the basement floor, newly added. There is room for a few more floors in the basement, so I could add a clothing store or other such stores if needed.

Several other places in the town suffer from empty floors, the laundromat, library and the hangout all have this problem, possibly others too. With creative use, they can all become multipurpose lots. Gigs and showtime careers are likely compatible with the hangout's extra floors for example.

Other lots have received minor edits, in keeping with the theme of "keeping Twinbrook the same town", with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan being added to an out of the way lake, hidden in the trees, and things like lifeguard chairs and seashell spawners added to the beach. Expansion/store content plants also get added to community gardens

Sunset Valley and Riverview by comparison, have much smaller edits, with all of the default family bin families fitted into Sunset Valley, along with other official/promotional sims.

Barnacle Bay is something I once had added ports and a pirate lair to, but following file corruption, that work was lost. I overhauled the pirate "tomb" to be a proper one, albeit very small, with traps and all. I always played the Inkbeard family and rebuilt their lost fortunes, bringing them back into direct competition with the Goldbeards.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a reworking of Sunset Valley using the SV terrain map from CAW as my first CAW project and left the terrain alone and added a few blank lots to it before exporting it to test it in game.
    23507610896_f4e0f281e1_c.jpg
    Here's the custom festival lot I added to Gibsons which is made from the SV terrain map of CAW.
    23451019031_4f433d4f36_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg