Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff by Nellythekidd - new Chinatown Restaurant on page 2

NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi, I'm Nellythekidd and I have come to like building quite recently. I thought I'd make this showcase to show you what I've made - I even made a title, here it is! :)

RwfNZR.gif

New: I also have wordpress site for my buildings now: DineOut & Living with Nellythekidd

First, I could tell you something about myself. I'm a Finnish simmer and my favorite things to build are restaurants, rowhouses and small homes. I like to build small! In The Sims 4, I like building because of the possibility to grab and move things around. It means that I don't have to get things right the first time. I also like bright colors, bricks and flowers and my buildings have no custom content. Thanks for visiting my thread!

Page 1:
Townhouse 5x Agnes
Townhouse 4x Mathilda
Townhouse 3x Gertrude
Restaurant Golden Lotus
The Ice Cream Bar
Ristorante Del Papa

Page 2:
Eco Sushi Restaurant
Sushi Food Stand
Tiny Home Satoru
Cafe Tokyo
Café du Parc
Hippie Cafe Nonpareil
Chinatown Restaurant
Happy Food Garden

Origin ID: nellythekidd
Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
Post edited by Nellythekidd on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    First build to showcase here: Townhouse 5x Agnes (If there is space to write, I name my houses like IKEA furniture :) )

In how small space can you fit one sim? Each individual apartment is only 3 squares wide, but this townhouse is functional! I was inspired by a picture of a terraced house I found. Each of the 5 apartments is suitable for a single sim or a couple, they have 1 bath and 1 bedroom. In the backyard there is a common pool.

- No custom content, no cheats and requires only basegame to work.

Front:
    ey2XBV.jpg

Aerial view:
    S0w2l3.jpg

First floor:
    h169Ya.jpg

Second floor:
    p2QklQ.jpg
    Post edited by Nellythekidd on
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I love your row of townhouses! I used to live in something very similar! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for coming to see my thread @StSciurus and for the compliment! :) I'm happy to hear that the house reminds you of a house where you used to live. Back when I built in The Sims 1, the things I made barely resembled houses and I used to almost never build anything until Sims 4 ^^
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice build! Looks very realistic! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is very nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Townhouse 5xAgnes is a very townhouse build! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The open shutter flower box windows look very pretty! The brick texture of the exterior walls looks nice. It looks very nice how each of the front courtyard areas of the apartments are divided by the hedging and fencing. The front steps entrances to the apartments look very nice. The chimneys look great! Very nice community pool and bar patio. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table having a drink from the bar and chatting in the outdoors air. The layout of the interior of the build looks great! It is nice that the bed areas are upstairs . Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming through the bedhead windows in their bedrooms when waking in the mornings. It is nice that there are 5 apartments in the build.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @yanti68 and @rosemow for the kind words and coming to see my thread. True, I made the backyard area after making the individual apartments and thinking that the sims will become claustrophobic if they don't have a bigger open space. :smiley: I'm glad you like it!
  • Options
    2nd build here: Townhouse 4x Mathilda

I made this colorful townhouses after seeing a picture of a colorful terraced house! Each individual apartment is 4 squares wide this time, and Each apartment has 1 bedroom & 1 bathroom. The outside of the house is colorful, and so is the interior. The first house showcased here showed that I like bricks, and this shows my love for bright colors. :)

- No custom content, no cheats and requires only basegame to work.

Front:
    jBp7uI.jpg

Side:
    93eV9o.jpg

1st floor:
    wIMRz0.jpg

2nd floor:
    4Dg8Qb.jpg

I think it's no surprise that in The Sims 2 my favorite expansion was Apartment Life :wink:
  • Options
    Townhouse 4xMathilda is very nice! :) The exterior design of the home looks very nice, and very nice curved dormers on the roofing! The colours of the exterior and interior walls looks very colourfully nice! It looks very nice how each apartment has a different colour scheme. The flower box windows look pretty and it looks nice that the colours of the flowers complement with the colour schrme of the apartments. Very nice community outdoors dining patio area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them at the table in the outdoors air. The water fountain feature is nice for sims to see when sitting dining there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the build. The coloured round and rectangular floor rugs give a nice look in the rooms.
    It is a very nice townhouse build :)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Very realistic row townhouses. Great job!
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Looks great! Nice layouts, architecture and colors! ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    chennywolfchennywolf Posts: 136 Member
    Your town home builds are lovely! :smile:
    CWCig_zpsjglmkzai.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow , @pronterus , @itguyinsc and @chennywolf , I'm glad that you stop by my thread to see my builds and your kind comments make me happy! :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member

I think it's no surprise that in The Sims 2 my favorite expansion was Apartment Life :wink:

I love your townhouses! I hope EA comes out with a version of Apartment Life for TS4, too. I'd also like to have elevators again. :)
  • Options
    StSciurus wrote: »

I love your townhouses! I hope EA comes out with a version of Apartment Life for TS4, too. I'd also like to have elevators again. :)

It would be great to have an expansion like Apartment Life for TS4. I actually think it could happen. Now, sims can lock the door but it doesn't have enough options for apartments, since you can only grant access to only one sim or entire household - not being able to choose, for example, that "Tina, Nina and Don can use this door". Sims don't yet understand which apartment is theirs, which is why I usually have family members living as neighbors. In that case, it makes a little sense that they steal stuff from each others fridge and randomly come to visit. :joy:
  • Options
    3rd build here: Townhouse 3x Gertrude

For this build, I wanted to try to make a roof that is flat at the top. At first I was confused since there wasn't a tool for it, but I was really proud of myself when I figured out how to do it! Each apartment in this has 1 bedroom, 1 small toilet and 1 bathroom. It has nocc and requires only basegame. This is the first house I have ever used the *moveobjects cheat in. It allowed me to place the windows and the flowers at the roof. Other than that no cheats were not used. :)

Front:
    RYOdET.jpg

Front+side:
    ZBJNM3.jpg

1st floor:
    WqPk1W.jpg

2nd floor:
    9rYklt.jpg
  • Options
    Townhouse 3 x Gertrude looks so very nice! :) The roofing looks very great! Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The flower box windows look very pretty! Very nice front and back steps entrances to each apartment. The flowers look very pretty in the nook areas between the steps! Very nice community back outdoors dining patio. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating food together at the umbrella covered tables. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the apartments! The teddy bear and lady bird rug in the nursery looks cute! Nice study desk nooks for sims to enjoy sitting there at the desk tables using the computers. The floor rugs look nice under the dining tables and at the front doors.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow you always brighten a simmer's day ^^ About the BBQ, Now I've moved sims to live in some of these houses. When my active household visits them, they have often set the grill on fire for some reason! My first house was actually really safe, since the sims could put themselves out in the swimming pool. :lol:
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow you always brighten a simmer's day ^^ About the BBQ, Now I've moved sims to live in some of these houses. When my active household visits them, they have often set the grill on fire for some reason! My first house was actually really safe, since the sims could put themselves out in the swimming pool. :lol:

It is not nice that your sims set the grill and themselves on fire! It would have given you a surprise when that happened! :)
  • Options
    Hi, it's been some time! I have been building even though I haven't updated here. I have many builds I would like to show here to you, I don't know where to start! I'll start with these two:

Restaurant Golden Lotus

Golden_Lotus.jpg
    Golden_Lotus_Foods.jpg

Welcome to Restaurant Golden Lotus, a new Chinese restaurant in town! Would you like a table for 2, 4 or maybe even 8 sims? We have all those! The kitchen area is open so you see chef working to prepare your meal.

Lot size: 30 x 20

Download in Gallery

The Ice Cream Bar

The_Ice_Cream_Bar.jpg

Welcome to my tiny and colorful Ice Cream Bar! In addition to different kinds ice-cream, your sims have many types of breakfast to choose from. Can’t have ice-cream on an empty stomach? Have some pancakes first!

Lot size: 20 x 15

Download in Gallery

For a while I think I will post some new, some old. I like the idea of having some of the builds I have already built also showcased in this thread. I hope you like them! :)
  • Options
    Restaurant Golden Lotus is a very nice Chinese restaurant! :) The exterior design of the building is very nice! The type of and placement of the windows gives a very nice look to the build. The red and green colour scheme of both the exterior and interior of the venue looks very nice. The signages look great on the front exterior walls! Very nice back area of the build. The flowers look pretty there. It is great that there is a car parking area in the build. The enlarged cars look great there. Very nice layout of the interior of the restaurant! It looks very nice how the round and rectangular dining tables and chairs have been set up for sims to enjoy eating their meals there. The Lotus flower floor rug looks pretty. The corner booth dining nooks are very nice. It is nice that the kitchen cooking area is in the middle of the restaurant.
    The Ice Cream Bar is very pretty! :) The pink and blue colour scheme is very nice! The front awnings are a nice touch. The flowers along the back fencing and the floral lattices along the top of the railings look very pretty! Very nice outdoors dining patio! Sims will enjoy eating their food at the umbrella covered tables in the sunshine. The patterned floor rugs inside the restaurant and in front of the front door look very nice.
    Both of the builds are very nice dining venues for sims to enjoy visiting to dine at! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Thoroughly enjoyed looking through your fabulous showcase, your creations are truly wonderful, all unique and very well designed :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow and @masajo for your kind words! :) I remember I think that taking pictures of the finished build and sharing it is half the fun in building! I appreciate your comments very much!
  • Options
    Hi! I'm in progress of building a few new lots and I'm looking forward to showcase something new. However I really liked to make a showcase picture compilation for those two restaurants, so I wanted to make one for this restaurant as well! I imagine it is kind of like an advertising for the restaurant :) I hope you like it!

Ristorante Del Papa

Papa_Ristorante.jpg

Welcome to Ristorante Del Papa, an Italian restaurant for your sims! Classic foods like pizza and pasta require a good dessert (we serve gelatto!), perhaps you would like to enjoy it with Macchiato? Tables for 2 and 4 sims, one table for 8 for dining out with a larger crowd!

Lot size: 30 x 20

Download in Gallery
  • Options
    Ristorante Del Papa is a very nice Italian restaurant! :) The way that you have posted pictures of the meals that can be bought at the restaurants looks so very great! It is a very nice idea to post the meal pictures. Very nice exterior of the restaurant ! The red and white awnings and the red and white umbrella covered dining tables look very nice and complement well together. The flowers cart looks pretty beside the front steps for sims to see when coming to dine there. The menu boards look great on the other side of the steps! Sims will see the meal specials! Very nice layout of the interior of the restaurant. The round white dining tables are nice for sims to enjoy dining at, and it is nice that there are dining tables for two, four and larger families. The candles look pretty on the tables. Very nice bar room! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals. The bottles display shelves look great on the bar wall!
    It is a very nice restaurant for our sims to enjoy dining at! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words! It was fun to take pictures of the meals while playtesting. I am also always interested to see what non-played sims order while in the restaurants! :)